Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

randler if you want to see some video game drama, look up path of exile xbox one announcement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Why do I have this feeling I'm about to become a poster child for something
idk, have you tried pulling up your pants

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Pants Donkey posted:

Maybe don't buy a YLLS themed avatar next time, if you don't want to be associated with it? :confused:

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Avshalom posted:

The Rabbis taught: "On coming from a privy (outdoor toilet) a man should not have sexual intercourse till he has waited long enough to walk half a mile, because the demon of the privy is with him for that time; if he does, his children will be epileptic."

More useful than any advice I got in Sunday school

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Randler posted:

Maybe don't buy a YLLS themed avatar next time, if you don't want to be associated with it? :confused:
it's a joke, friend. Please relax and enjoy a laugh at my expense

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

all im saying is that you and the rest of the pol cartoon cadre have become the kind of Fallout-style gang/clique, except IRL. you got locked in a bunker with nothing but lovely cartoons for cultural understanding, and emerged a century later with a mindset structured around brain damage and lovely catchphrases

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Aeryk posted:

Helldump never truly left us

it did, to go off into the world on its own

when it came back though, it unloaded its Satchel of Plenty to reveal that in its training, it had rejected the respect of a barrier between irl and on-line that the Old Way taught. also it had obtained pepes from all of the world's major ports

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
paranoiac christian readings of the talmud are my new favourite thing and i respect them

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hmm, looks like google is crashing onto lovely mobile ads

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
helldump and wddp were fairly harmless compared to this latest wave of alt-right psychosis sweeping the webs

i remember when randbrick had an extended drunken meltdown over the capture and torture of iraqi children that i formatted into a four-canto poem

it's been lost to time but i remember it contained the eerily prescient phrase "i feel russian, so much i am undone"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Avshalom posted:

paranoiac christian readings of the talmud are my new favourite thing and i respect them

after my friend's mom killed herself his dad became a Messianic jew which finally opened my eyes as a young lad to the connection between judiasm and christianity

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i've replaced my insides with rocks

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

all im saying is that you and the rest of the pol cartoon cadre have become the kind of Fallout-style gang/clique, except IRL. you got locked in a bunker with nothing but lovely cartoons for cultural understanding, and emerged a century later with a mindset structured around brain damage and lovely catchphrases
not an unfair analysis, really. In 2016 I decided to cut back on my posting in there for similar reasons

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

randbrick sounds like randler's evil dresdenese twin

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dresdenoian

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dresdenose

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i think there's a fundamental difference in the style of doxx where you go "hey you post about loving horses in this forum" vs actual gangstalking, but helldump will never live again because derek smart threads have proven that this forum cannot be trusted to make such a granular distinction

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
Jeb Lund, king of helldump

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

randler if you want to see some video game drama, look up path of exile xbox one announcement

Let me guess, casualization, no release for PS4 and whinging about the purity of ~*~hardcore gaming~*~ for PC?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

not an unfair analysis, really. In 2016 I decided to cut back on my posting in there for similar reasons

yeah a while back i decided i was being super unfunny and part of my quest to change that involved limiting my meme / catchphrase output, so i haven't really posted there in a long time. i don't really hate it like some do, tho, it just gets a bit grating.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

who is derek smart and why is everyone talking about him all of a sudden

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i'm the strongest girl in the world and i'm going on an adventure! the name's pippi gangstalking

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Randler posted:

Also TB claimed that exmarx doxxed her, which kinda came out of nowhere. It was weird.

someone did dox her but a mod deleted it

leading to the hilarious dual narratives where people are doxxing tb by posting slashie pics, but also tb definitely is not slashie

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
Are we saying Obama is an ainur

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sudo rm -rf posted:

he's a crazy and ambitious game developer who lowtax feuded with back in like 2000. very early forums meme

later on he became the mod of the star citizen subforum

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i think there's a fundamental difference in the style of doxx where you go "hey you post about loving horses in this forum" vs actual gangstalking, but helldump will never live again because derek smart threads have proven that this forum cannot be trusted to make such a granular distinction

im not sure if this was true at all but helldump existed in that moment where your ability to find out poo poo about someone was limited to their immediate posting on SA and like, other forums and nothing beyond that. probably wrong, i'm guessing someone took it too far.

only fyad can be trusted with it via goonlulz

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

sudo rm -rf posted:

my friend have you heard of star citizen

i think he made it? and he moderates the star citizen forum, or did at one point? and he's either doing doxxing or getting doxxed and then when fyad pointed that out to the star citizen forum that they were being creepy stalkers the star citizen forum had a collective meltdown

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

sudo rm -rf posted:

He's no maxwell smart, that's all I know

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Aeryk posted:

Are we saying Obama is an ainur
all i'm saying is that If the Nephilim, aka the Anunnaki, are planning to return during the Tribulation period to “sire a new race of ‘kingly’ beings for this world,” is it possible that these antediluvian gods, the demons who originally sired the Merovingian race, are the mysterious “beast that rises out of the sea” in Revelation 13?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my friend have you heard of star citizen

i think he made it? and he moderates the star citizen forum, or did at one point? and he's either doing doxxing or getting doxxed and then when fyad pointed that out to the star citizen forum that they were being creepy stalkers the star citizen forum had a collective meltdown

no, derek smart made the battlecruiser series which actually makes him something of an expert when it comes to super ambitious vaporware space sim games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlecruiser_3000AD

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dreylad posted:

im not sure if this was true at all but helldump existed in that moment where your ability to find out poo poo about someone was limited to their immediate posting on SA and like, other forums and nothing beyond that. probably wrong, i'm guessing someone took it too far.

only fyad can be trusted with it via goonlulz

You probably could, but it seems like everyone got bored of the dog pile before it got too bad. Not as oddly organized as today's harrasers

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i thought derek smart was the guy "making" star citizen

disclaimer i have deliberately avoided learning anything about star citizen and everything i know about it comes from allusions in dadchat

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Avshalom posted:

i thought derek smart was the guy "making" star citizen

disclaimer i have deliberately avoided learning anything about star citizen and everything i know about it comes from allusions in dadchat

no, thats chris roberts who is also a hilarious failure for other reasons but, like derek smart, h as actually made and published video games for a profit

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

yeah.

i kind of think maybe D&D ought to be set up in two forums, one with mainstream political discourse where anything just loving goes, and another one with the same rule that /his/ had on banning any topic from less than 25 years ago, just due to the problem of people not wanting to discuss politics as opposed to getting really loving angry/depressed about it.

cspam is already kind of the former, tho, tbh.

why do we need a ww2 forum

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
To keep all the Hitlers in

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Let me guess, casualization, no release for PS4 and whinging about the purity of ~*~hardcore gaming~*~ for PC?
betrayal is the main shrieking points, even in terms of gaming communities, even circlejerks like /r/pcmr/, the elitism and entitlement is on absolutely new level.

plenty of milder rage about casualisation as well. haven't seen any upset ps4 fans so far, as the game as it has been known until now would be nigh unplayable on a console.

lots of people frothing mad about a company hiring an entire team of developers to work on mostly separated xbox version of the game, who have already brought contributions to the pc version of the game for past ~3 years. lots of screams about refunds, "why not separate xbox fund", "why no pc only fund", "why not improve the game not work on poo poo irrelevant for me and get improvements that way", "oh yes surely you will keep the game versions separated as you have said thrice having no public record of backtracking significantly from your words" and so on and yadda yadda ad nauseum. like, idk, just take a look. and this is supposed to be a game with one of the more mature audiences

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah it's gonna be hitlertank: the forum but im pretty sure people could carve out other threads on other topics

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rodatose posted:

i'm the strongest girl in the world and i'm going on an adventure! the name's pippi gangstalking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

A 25 year rule would produce an endless stream of benighted milhist threads and multiple discussions about the holodomor

• Locked thread