Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

well, Porzingis isn't wrong. Noah's contract is literally the worst in the NBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-slam-duncan-o-s/2071015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9N7QV7jAWY

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmao.

Rudy Gay's MRI confirmed a full achilles tear. That sucks, sorry man, you're dead now

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Intruder posted:

Favorite sequence of the night: Giannis slices through the lane in typical fashion, gets his poo poo swatted by James motherfucking Harden, Harden brings it up the floor in that lazy looking way he does that still puts him coast to coast without giving the defense a chance to set up, abuses a dude with a euro and goes up for a layup while the vengeful Giannis rises up to reject that weak poo poo, too late it hit the backboard and it's a goaltend

game recognizes game

https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/status/821939248303640576

e: also, lmao

quote:

In the days that followed, Atlanta and New Orleans had exploratory talks about possible Howard trades before the Hawks pulled everyone off the market, according to several league sources. It is unclear how interested New Orleans was, and there was not unanimous support within the team for acquiring Howard.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18496598/zach-lowe-anthony-davis-jrue-holiday-new-orleans-pelicans-nba

chunkles fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 19, 2017

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Knicks gonna turn the Zinger into a bitter, petulant soul

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Porzingis won't stop until he's in Timbs and a Yankees fitted calling everyone else on the team washed and only passing it to DRose because he's still nice I swear

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Starts calling Kuzminskas Dirk and Ron Baker Steve Nash every time they make a shot in the practice

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

i wanna empty quote this forever

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

attackmole posted:

i wanna empty quote this forever

I want to empty quote the Warriors' ground-breaking ceremony on every page of every thread forever. It's been too long since I saw it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Chinatown posted:

did you guys see the tweets from the Warriors new arena groundbreaking ceremony?

:yikes:

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/821466850449969153

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/821469532648677376

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/821468546307760129

i cannot wait until the tech bubble bursts

still hilarious

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

https://streamable.com/t4hya

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Sam Dekker is wrong to humor the lad.

Patrick Beverley's pensive non-response is the good one.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

NBA ready guys like Elton Brand are trash. Better to trade up to high upside guys like Eddy Curry. LaMarcus Aldridge? Sorry I'm taking Tyrus Thomas 10 times out of 10. Saer Sene has way more upside than JJ Reddick. Why take a Chris Paul when Marvin Williams is. sitting. right. there.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol, this is very endearing

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

CJ McCollum is ready, but have you seen Ben McLemore's measurements????

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
To add to the biomechanics chat, I'm surprised nobody linked this video, which made the rounds here about a month ago:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=OwocezhA6cI

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Giannis Antetokounmpo might be good one day but we have a chance to offer Dwight Howard a few extra hundred thousand dollars and draft Shane Larkin. He can already run the pick and roll.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Harden could have took 4 million under the max from okc. They offered him (head estimate) 95% max contract.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I want to be the new mod. Intruder, thank you for your service

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Curry and Derozan beating out Westbrook and Lowry for starting positions in the all star game is...

..it's why trump won.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Curry and Derozan beating out Westbrook and Lowry for starting positions in the all star game is...

..it's why trump won.

DeRozan is listed in frontcourt, so it is really Butler & Irving beating him out. I think it should have been Butler & Lowry in the East backcourt

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
wtf, Derozan counted as an SF? Has he really played that many minutes there?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Tae posted:

wtf, Derozan counted as an SF? Has he really played that many minutes there?

If the past is anything to go by the NBA will just adjust the positions to whatever they think will make the least silly looking roster. Back when there were centers there was really no rhyme or reason to who ended up as a center or forward

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EMC posted:

DeRozan is listed in frontcourt, so it is really Butler & Irving beating him out. I think it should have been Butler & Lowry in the East backcourt

That's a bad way to spell Isaiah Thomas but iI'll chalk it up to low blood sugar

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

EMC posted:

Looks like it's Kyrie then. gently caress you Kyrie Irving.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Ya IT is in top 5 of MVP right now. In a just world he starts

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

Giannis Antetokounmpo might be good one day but we have a chance to offer Dwight Howard a few extra hundred thousand dollars and draft Shane Larkin. He can already run the pick and roll.

I liked Shane Larkin a lot but the Jamaal Tinsley era was such that I think I overrated every single mid to late first point guard prospect who could kinda shoot because I so desperately wanted Utah to draft anyone who could maybe play the position.

I think he was also a pioneer in tanking the reach test so your vert looked otherworldly

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

Ya IT is in top 5 of MVP right now. In a just world he starts

I could see an argument for Lowry because IT's size makes him pretty bad defensively but he's been so unreal as a scorer I hope he starts anyway. No one cares about defense in the all star game anyway (but also please vote for Rudy)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

..it's why trump won.

How much does fan vote count for starters this year? 50%?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kyrie owns :smugdog:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spacebump posted:

How much does fan vote count for starters this year? 50%?

The only reason why is because of Zaza

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think you guys have it backwards, since Butler was listed as a SF in the voting and DeRozan as a SG. Wade was already listed as a G, so I don't think they say Bulls had 3 guards.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
No KD/Russ reunion in the West starting lineup is the worst thing to happen to the NBA since the Donald Sterling stuff

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

There are too many good players these days. They need to make all star into a short tournament over the weekend

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Just realized that Russ's revenge will be oopping it off the backboard and dunking on zaza

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Lockback posted:

I think you guys have it backwards, since Butler was listed as a SF in the voting and DeRozan as a SG. Wade was already listed as a G, so I don't think they say Bulls had 3 guards.

Are alphas voted separately for All-Star purposes?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The Duggler posted:

There are too many good players these days. They need to make all star into a short tournament over the weekend

Make it a 3v3 tournament. 8 teams of 4, 32 guys as All Stars. Make the Coaches field a team too

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Tae posted:

The only reason why is because of Zaza

Basically the NBA made this rule because they think of the Georgian fans as less than. Usually the league is more progressive than that. If Zaza was from China this rule wouldn't have happened.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Basically the NBA made this rule because they think of the Georgian fans as less than. Usually the league is more progressive than that. If Zaza was from China this rule wouldn't have happened.
No it's because Zaza is trash and shouldn't be starting in the all-star game. If Cameroonians or Greeks were voting en masse for deserving players they wouldn't give a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Like it's supposed to be an NBA Jam style exhibition. No one wants to see a plodding old man clogging the court, it's much less fun than it is in the NHL

• Locked thread