Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
lmao after backup avenged my death, I had an adventure all by myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBp0XJlE6IM

RCarr posted:

I would have shot that guy off the roof and killed 3 more people in the time it took you to do that. Plus made a sandwich.

lol if you're playing for MAXIMAL EFFICACY and not the lols

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

is there a way to look behind you when in planes? like a free look button when in first person mode or something?

yep. on PS4 you just hold L3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mellowjournalism posted:

fuuuuck a ghost-ride horse kill, I am super upset I missed this.

Also good and humorous production values A+ would watch video game movies again. Excuse me, uh, did someone here by the name of... uh, William? Willy?... order some flames?

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 17, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Doublepost because I promised this last week, a brief look into Forming Voltron on the farty truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfvf-g4h090

you can tell I had been drinking because at about 1:05 I get fuckin mad that someone DARES SHOOT ME and do the stupidest possible thing in the situation which is hop OFF the farty truck to go wreck his face. and promptly lose the guy around a corner and die.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Doublepost because I promised this last week, a brief look into Forming Voltron on the farty truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfvf-g4h090

you can tell I had been drinking because at about 1:05 I get fuckin mad that someone DARES SHOOT ME and do the stupidest possible thing in the situation which is hop OFF the farty truck to go wreck his face. and promptly lose the guy around a corner and die.

"the flames make it go faster"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Haven't been able to join a Battlegoons party yet. Is it normal to try to join a community party then get sent to a server of the same map where I'm all by myself?

Eh, the game is pretty good about getting you and your party together as long as your in the same playstation party and there's enough room on the squad/team. Are you sure you're not on the same server, just on the wrong team?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Eh, the game is pretty good about getting you and your party together as long as your in the same playstation party and there's enough room on the squad/team. Are you sure you're not on the same server, just on the wrong team?

I hit join party in the community section, and It's throwing me into a game all by myself, with no one else there on either team.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I hit join party in the community section, and It's throwing me into a game all by myself, with no one else there on either team.

Yeah that's what happens to me too.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I had it happen to me a couple times too, I wouldn't be surprised if the additional level of abstraction bugged the gently caress out of the interface somehow. Does it make you join the game as well as the party? I've had luck joining parties and then requesting an invite on top or whatever.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Dinosaurs! posted:

I think my new strategy for playing Suez as Great Britain without a group is to see if I can limpet every building at B before it turns into a slog my team can't get out from.

The answer is no. My team will always lose B.

With a bit of dedication, you can level most of B and surrounding buildings with the field guns scattered around A.
A fun thing to do as the turks is man the heavy machine gun by the flag at D and spot+perforate any cheeky chappie who pokes his head out a window or up on a roof, or anyone making a run on C or trying to flank for D. You'll get plinked a few times by snipers, but unless someone gets clever with a rocket gun, you can dominate whole swathes of the midfield from that spot.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
So anybody ever experience the glitch of being trapped on a field gun and not being able to get off? This happened on the one overlooking C on the American side of Argonne.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Laminator posted:

So anybody ever experience the glitch of being trapped on a field gun and not being able to get off? This happened on the one overlooking C on the American side of Argonne.
I haven't had it happen myself but two of the guys I play with have had it happen on that exact gun. Does it happen anywhere else?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
I've never experienced it anywhere else, personally.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

mellowjournalism posted:

Haha a veritable barbecue.
A+++ would watch again.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

How do you control what side you swing your sword on the horse? I keep lining up with guys ready to take their heads off but I whiff it and they shoot me in the back of the head.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

plz dont pull out posted:

How do you control what side you swing your sword on the horse? I keep lining up with guys ready to take their heads off but I whiff it and they shoot me in the back of the head.

Whichever direction the camera is slightly facing is the side you'll swing your sword on. You don't have to have the victim in the middle of the screen, just have to be looking anywhere on that side of the horse.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I still haven't gotten the cavalry saber's range down when trying to defend a charge. Maybe it's a lag issue, but I've been killed a couple times head-on from like 30 feet out.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Speaking of glitches n bullshit, I keep getting a "lost objective" refusal for spawning on C (Ballroom Blitz), even though my team clearly holds the objective. Wouldn't be so bad but why it takes ten seconds to give me a giant refusal screen is beyond me. :dice:

Is there a known glitch to make oneself invisible? I've been killed a few times over the months by people who don't appear on my screen and last night a pubbie who was behind me sent a message asking "was that guy invisible?!". I never gave it much thought, what will all the bugs and how it doesn't happen very often at all, but still I'm wondering.

Had some fun earlier with an enemy squad who kept coming up the same hill, the same way, into death (Empire's Edge, they were coming up to D under the AA gun). Finally one of them got me and (of course) Tea Bagged me so after I respawned I found him laying down and clubbed his rear end, haha, sweet revenge T bag never felt so good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've been killed by an invisible dude before as well. It's definitely a bug.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I have some theories, or rather, some ~video evidence~ of supernatural occurrences that may explain some instances of invisibility. Stay tuned for deets.

plz dont pull out posted:

you can also hit crouch to switch shoulders in 3rd person to help you line up swipes on the other side, but as vegans said you still ultimately swipe at whatever side you're looking at. Personally I like to center the badguy on my screen if I have time.

Dinosaurs! posted:

I still haven't gotten the cavalry saber's range down when trying to defend a charge. Maybe it's a lag issue, but I've been killed a couple times head-on from like 30 feet out.

the lag is realest against cavalry because horsies run faster than the internet

best defense is :siren:GET YOUR OWN HORSIE:siren:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

this is definitely a video!

im an irish-accented pronunciation of "boys"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://clips.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/StupidOryxDeIlluminati

please everyone enjoy my gamer spirit animal

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Any word on when the next patch is dropping? I can't find anything and there are still several bugs, namely the black screen, that I'd like to see fixed.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I recall it being sometime in February with the French dlc following up in March.

I'm looking forward to some weapon balancing in the next patch. Mostly because I read an AMA on reddit from a DICE weapon balance guy who said they're buffing the Martini Henry. Not to launch madness but somewhere in between. It's my favorite weapon and it needs to pack more of a punch to make up for its numerous downsides.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 19, 2017

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

This is how I roll.

Like a clusterfuck.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/OldCaptainLog/video/24606260

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This was great. Thank you.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

haha everything and the kitchen sink

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OGO-wo_bYQ

I train with my katana every day.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Jesus christ dude this is some hattori hanzo poo poo

How are you capturing voice chat? Mine doesn't seem to do it by default, do you have your output set up differently from just headset/mic? the sound of Seedge saying "Revo" is a huge throwback haha

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Jesus christ dude this is some hattori hanzo poo poo

How are you capturing voice chat? Mine doesn't seem to do it by default, do you have your output set up differently from just headset/mic? the sound of Seedge saying "Revo" is a huge throwback haha

In the sharing menu, there are settings for 'include microphone audio in video clips' for your own and 'share party audio' which will include anyone else sharing their voice in your clips and also share your voice in clips they save.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

In the sharing menu, there are settings for 'include microphone audio in video clips' for your own and 'share party audio' which will include anyone else sharing their voice in your clips and also share your voice in clips they save.

outstanding, also thank you because I am clearly dumb enough to not be able to find this for myself.

AlAqsaRevo is definitely Canadian. And you guys sound exactly like each other.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

same but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Hy7uAb_eU

because i've got a lot of belt fed brass for errybody.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
lmao cavalry sword 4 life good god

now add grenades to taste :ssh:

also these blasts from the past makin me feel young again :corsair:

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Live At Five! posted:

I recall it being sometime in February with the French dlc following up in March.

I'm looking forward to some weapon balancing in the next patch. Mostly because I read an AMA on reddit from a DICE weapon balance guy who said they're buffing the Martini Henry. Not to launch madness but somewhere in between. It's my favorite weapon and it needs to pack more of a punch to make up for its numerous downsides.

Anything about nerfing the shotgun? poo poo's ridiculous.

I've dipped my toes into the arty truck again and had some great runs, but I also have problems where it seems like in spite of a direct hit, there's no damage. Probably lag.

Edit; Huh, I seem to die to one shot regardless of medium to close range, all the time. It's frustrating to be shooting into a dude with my BAR, getting three hit markers and suddenly I'm dead from one shot, not even a headshot. (10a)

VVVVVVVVVVV

Barometer fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 20, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I don't remember if they mentioned anything about shotguns. I don't really thing anything needs to be changed about shotguns. Maybe the 10a hunter needs to be nerfed somewhat but you're sacrificing range for close range stopping power. If anything the m97 and the other shotgun (I can't remember it's name because it sucks so bad) need to be touched up because there's no reason to use them over the 10a. Also I really really hope they buff the 10a slug. I miss the days of slug sniping in BFBC2 and the 10a slug just sucks. It's wildly inconsistent and has far too much recoil. And the garbage sight on it really sucks

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The slug is only really viable in hard core, where it one hits and can do collaterals

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So is there some type of glitch or exploit that I don't know about? I ask because on 3 different maps I was killed by people who were outside the building I was camping in trying to regen health. Like, I was laying down in a corner, nowhere near a door or window, and killed by some dipshit with a rifle nowhere near me, or across the map.

Tonight was the first time in my life I rage-quitted because it happened at least 4 or 5 times.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've not seen that nor had that happened to me. I'm hesitant to assume anything malicious in the console version of the game because DICE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

u can shoot holes thru thin walls and stuff. if they had a flare or manual spot they knew where u where and just shot

or you poked thru the wall if u went prone / jammed into a corner real hard