Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Old Bobby's gay too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Aphrodite posted:

Old Bobby's gay too though.

Wait I thought a point of the Bendis run was that he's still straight but young Bobby is gay. I haven't read a lot of it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

lmao

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Wait I thought a point of the Bendis run was that he's still straight but young Bobby is gay. I haven't read a lot of it.

Both gay. Would be kinda weird otherwise, considering they're the same dude.

At this point I automatically don't trust anyone who calls funny books graphic novels.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ah, well, my mistake. Still, gently caress that guy.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That guy's also calling people telling them that X-Men have been a very not subtle metaphor for oppression since their inception as clinging to comic books for their identity, lol.

I love how these types of people who throw a fit about the "SJWs ruining comics" are people who clearly don't give a poo poo about comics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't bring your Twitter fights to this forum Occ. No matter how dumb the people are. Thanks.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Old Bobby and young Bobby have a conversation about it and conclude that Old Bobby just straight up couldn't handle being two oppressed minorities at once, so his subconcious locked down any thought about his sexuality and let him focus on dealing with all the constant terrible bullshit for being a mutant. Old Bobby's probably gay too, but the whole thing's awkward as hell to him right now and he's just gonna go right on not thinking about it, thank you.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Scaramouche posted:

Is US Avengers as ridiculous as it looks and sounds? Like, in a good way

Abso-loving-lutely.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Did you read Ewing's New Avengers?

Yeah, sorry posted this and then passed out, and I'm really only in BSS at night. I've liked Ewing forever, but thought other stuff (crossovers, other continuities) kind of got in the way of what he wanted to do in New Avengers so it felt a bit watered down if that makes sense. I'm hoping US Avengers is all unapologetic crazy without having to do lip service to the rest of the universe.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I thought Ewing handled the mandatory poo poo way better than everyone else, honestly. It helped that he already had SHIELD as somewhat-friendly antagonists so Lockdown or whatever that dumb poo poo was called felt organic, and then he just straight-up ignored Civil War II. Contrast that to adjectiveless Avengers, which has barely set up the team before it lurches off to the first crossover and then gets dissolved by the second.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
If you can't read comics while on the toilet what is the point of reading comics at all! I said that a long time ago and I still stand by this statement today.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

CapnAndy posted:

Old Bobby and young Bobby have a conversation about it and conclude that Old Bobby just straight up couldn't handle being two oppressed minorities at once, so his subconcious locked down any thought about his sexuality and let him focus on dealing with all the constant terrible bullshit for being a mutant. Old Bobby's probably gay too, but the whole thing's awkward as hell to him right now and he's just gonna go right on not thinking about it, thank you.

He came out already. It's not much a topic though (mostly since Old Iceman is basically a background character at the moment), but there is no probably about it.

Extraordinary X-Men, don't remember the issue though.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Decius posted:

He came out already. It's not much a topic though (mostly since Old Iceman is basically a background character at the moment), but there is no probably about it.

Extraordinary X-Men, don't remember the issue though.
Oh, how about that. I haven't been reading any of the X-books besides ANX so I missed it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why would adult Bobby have that haircut?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Well he is gay....jk jk jk

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

He went to a barbershop in the DC universe by mistake.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Adult Bobby and the Ray have the same barber.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
He looks like Macklemore. "When I was in the 60s, I thought that I was straight."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Bobby has always been a douchebag. Now he's a gay douchbag.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Iceman: I'm gay

Prof. X: that boy ain't right

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Why does iceman have the neo nazi hair cut?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

Why does iceman have the neo nazi hair cut?

It's 2017, not 1942. That haircut is everywhere now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

X-O posted:

It's 2017, not 1942. That haircut is everywhere now.

Yes worn by a lot of alt-right "thinkers".

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Iceman to be played by Milo Yannopoulos.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes worn by a lot of alt-right "thinkers".

http://i.imgur.com/2bXkBk8.gifv

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 21, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I watched the full video of that. I like how he gets decked in the middle of explaining how Pepe is a symbol.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

I love this so much. I also have more hair on the sides of my head.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Roth posted:

I watched the full video of that. I like how he gets decked in the middle of explaining how Pepe is a symbol.

Yeah, that's the best part.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Skwirl posted:

:feelsgood:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not gonna lie, I'm a little upset that I'm probably on a watch list for having bought the Boy's Club trade

EDIT: also a bit upset that I can't get a mjolnir tattoo for similar reasons

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 21, 2017

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/822591535158034432

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
gently caress that punch nazis all fuckin day Spencer youre a goddamned idiot

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Nick Spencerest tweet.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

gently caress that punch nazis all fuckin day Spencer youre a goddamned idiot

Kicking Nazis is good too

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

spencer, you write a man whose life goal is to punch every nazi he can find

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We should have a national pastime called "Punch All The Nazis."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There was an Outer Limits episode about that, kind of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Well, the best part is a loving Nazi getting punched right in his Nazi face. That's the best part.

• Locked thread