Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
My first (and only) character is a Hunter, and I can't imagine playing the genre without ports. Especially if you're like me and done *every solo quest in the game *, including some real travel heavy parts of the epic.

So if you want alts, be warned, port characters will ruin you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Silvergun1000 posted:

Cool thank you! I'll probably be solo for now, and I play ranged DPS in most MMOs I've played so I'll give Hunter a shot.

Flowinprose barely even mentioned Minstrels, which, like Rune Keepers, are both Healers and a really great ranged DPS class. Both of these 2 classes are worth looking into if you have a preference for ranged DPS. My main's a Hunter, so I definitely get the appeal.

Lotro has a lot of really unique classes, but Hunters, Guardians and Champions are the three that are completely self-explanatory. You know exactly what you're getting into when you roll one.

Wardens are straight up the most complicated class I've ever seen in an MMO. Only roll one if:
a) You have a really good memory.
b) You consistently tend to play a single toon.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Brave New World posted:

Flowinprose barely even mentioned Minstrels, which, like Rune Keepers, are both Healers and a really great ranged DPS class. Both of these 2 classes are worth looking into if you have a preference for ranged DPS. My main's a Hunter, so I definitely get the appeal.

Lotro has a lot of really unique classes, but Hunters, Guardians and Champions are the three that are completely self-explanatory. You know exactly what you're getting into when you roll one.

Wardens are straight up the most complicated class I've ever seen in an MMO. Only roll one if:
a) You have a really good memory.
b) You consistently tend to play a single toon.

Yeah minstrels can have very good burst DPS, and are quite fun to play. I didn't really mean to gloss over them. I also would say that to me, Minstrels (and to a lesser degree also Burglars and Lore-Masters) are the most "Lord of the Rings"-ish class. They just fit fantastically in the setting of the LOTR universe and give a lot of immersion into the game.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

bombhand posted:

Have you already bought your symbol? Totally unrelated, what's your toon name? Just wondering...

Not bought yet. I play on Windfola so probably not worth wondering. :)

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Clarence posted:

Not bought yet. I play on Windfola so probably not worth wondering. :)
Aww, sorry!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Btw, you guys missed THE GLORIOUS RETURN OF THE NAZGUN GUILD last night!

That's right! Showing our dominant force, we filled FOUR out of SIX slots in a Pel run! BOOM BABY! Landroval just had its face MELTED OFF!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Oh also - this week's Featured Instance is Ost Dunhoth Disease and Poison wing. There's several pugs going on for unlocking it too, making it a great time to get it all open. Always cool to see old raids. Now if only I could find a pug for the last raid, and finally finish In Their Absence maybe, heh.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Silvergun1000 posted:

Cool thank you! I'll probably be solo for now, and I play ranged DPS in most MMOs I've played so I'll give Hunter a shot.
I switched to my main to invite you to the kin but I already forgot your in-game name. Awkwarrrd~

UPDATE: Never mind, I figured out how to use the Social window to figure it out. I am the best at this game.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 17, 2017

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Last gear set I built was for U17. When I came back recently for U18 and U19, I just threw any gear / essence boxes I got in the bank. I find essence gear a bit overwhelming, and since it's SO unfriendly to change stuff around (you can't even replace an essence, what the gently caress?), and so Store driven, I just like to do it all in a batch.

Well last night since I got all my free gear that I'm going to get (quests have been done), I took what gear I've gotten, my essence boxes, FI gear and coins, and flowers I'd casually gotten, and put them to use.

Phys Mit - at cap without any essences
Tact Mit - 2 essences to hit cap (wasn't at cap before)
Crit - at cap (was slightly below cap before, like 1k short, nothing major)
Morale - stayed around the same (23k)
Finesse - around the same (still over 10k)
Physical Mastery - holy poo poo. From 42k to 62k.

Raiders get it up to like 90k. This is with only FI jewelry, 3 pieces of FI gear I got from runs, 1 piece of flower gear, a good selection of North Ithilien essences, tier 8 purples and tier 7 teals. No crafted essences at all. Still have 2 or 3 pieces from U17 set that I haven't been able to replace yet.

The difference is night and day. The dailies and such that I do I can 2-shot then let the dot finish them off, where as I used to need to 4-5 shot things. And that's being lazy with my gear.

I'm finding it easier to gear up essence gear if I don't over-stress about all the caps, just replace the gear when it's obviously better, then throw in essences as needed to stay at/near those caps/goals, then fill the rest with Agility (to get Phys Mast). Still not worth dealing with essence gear until you're "done" with quests for the section though, since the system is honestly poo poo. But it's fun getting such a power boost.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

xZAOx posted:

(you can't even replace an essence, what the gently caress?)
Don't essence removal scrolls let you change out your essences?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

bombhand posted:

Don't essence removal scrolls let you change out your essences?

Yes, but that's loving stupid. I get that they want you to have to use an item to get the essences back, I can live with that, but even if you are like "ya know, screw that essence, just want to replace it", you can't. That angers me. You have to either drop some gold, barter for it, or of course, just buy it from the store! Or barter for the gear again.

Just another of my many complaints of the essence system, heh. You should at least be able to replace essences without being driven to the store. Combine that with how gearing is pretty much "manage these 3 caps, hit goals on these 2 stats, then dump everything else here", it makes upgrading a single piece of gear hard to work with when you can easily adjust existing pieces. But whatcha gonna do.

Also I hope everyone likes picking flowers, because they said the flora system is going to continue on into U20.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I am getting frustrated with the end game of one of my other MMOs of choice, and I think it's about to run its course in a few weeks. I've played lotro before but it has been a long time since I've played it. Probably at least three or four years. What is the content like at the very top of this game? What's the leveling pace? How hard is it to get into the game and to the higher end content? How challenging are the mechanics at the top?

I saw the brief class writeup on the prior page, and I was wondering if any of the classes are especially maligned or considered gimp? Whether numerically bad or not, just things that are like 'hey if you pick this, good luck getting groups'.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Tsurupettan posted:

I am getting frustrated with the end game of one of my other MMOs of choice, and I think it's about to run its course in a few weeks. I've played lotro before but it has been a long time since I've played it. Probably at least three or four years. What is the content like at the very top of this game? What's the leveling pace? How hard is it to get into the game and to the higher end content? How challenging are the mechanics at the top?

I saw the brief class writeup on the prior page, and I was wondering if any of the classes are especially maligned or considered gimp? Whether numerically bad or not, just things that are like 'hey if you pick this, good luck getting groups'.

While I can't comment on what the status is of the current end-game content, I will say this: If your main objective in playing LOTRO is to reach the bleeding edge of end-game content, I think you're probably going to be disappointed. This game is much more about the journey than the destination.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, this game is meant for Tolkien nerds who want to wander around and gawk at all the various locations from the books and enjoy the story. It's not competing with other MMOs with regards to compelling end game raiding. That said, some of the older dungeons and even some of the newer stuff is an absolute blast. This game actually went a few years without any "normal" end game group content because a previous executive producer and other decision makers had their heads buried too deep up their own asses. Their replacements have since realized what a massive error that was, and have been releasing group content for us over the last 1.5 years or so. Only bother with LotRO if you're an actual Tolkien fan. It's fun if you accept it for what it is- one of the best MMOs for story-driven solo questing.

Burglars would be the only class that stands out as possibly being a tiny bit deficient or underappreciated atm.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I love me some Tolkien lore and the setting, but I also appreciate the top end of a game. I think both are really important for the health of an MMO, and the lore/setting is pretty much the main reason I've bothered playing the other one for over a decade. I usually have a 'chill' character that explores all the lore bits and stuff and then a character I push to the top to play that content.

e: Basically I'm asking about the gameplay elements because I already know I'll enjoy the story elements.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 19, 2017

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

xZAOx posted:

Just another of my many complaints of the essence system, heh. You should at least be able to replace essences without being driven to the store. Combine that with how gearing is pretty much "manage these 3 caps, hit goals on these 2 stats, then dump everything else here", it makes upgrading a single piece of gear hard to work with when you can easily adjust existing pieces. But whatcha gonna do.

Also I hope everyone likes picking flowers, because they said the flora system is going to continue on into U20.

I agree with most of your complaints about the essence system, but as you showed in your post you can be a good T1 raider without ever spending a dime, and if you crunch some numbers, play the market, or have loot luck you can even be a T2C raider without spending a dime. It's kind of a stupid/lazy tax, but as a lot of people are pointing out it also either discourages (or makes money off) a lot of people who chose this game as their casual after work MMO.

But it's easy to prove you don't actually need the new gold North Ithilien essences fully slotted and can do absolutely anything in this game without them, except feel the joy of having the shiniest shinies.

There's a dev post on the LOTRO forums (aside from the class forums for guides this is about all I read, go to the forums and click the 'dev tracker' button, Cordovan posts a lot more helpful stuff than the old community manager did) that explains Dagorlad doesn't have flowers, but I believe Cordovan said twice now it would be an ongoing system, so expect lichens and moss (and I hope mushrooms) and other non flower based bartering for some easy gear in the new upcoming content. I'm curious if people who complain or are sarcastic will stick with 'flowerpicking' or if it'll be called fungi foraging or something now.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

I haven't played any of the high-end end-game content because I haven't geared up my guy. But right now, aside from the "top-tier" end-game content, there's the Featured Instance system, which highlights one older instance per week and offers decent rewards for completing it at level cap. It's easy to find pickup groups for FI content, and you don't need to be super geared to do it; you can fit yourself out for it with quest rewards. So it's nice in that it gives you a variety of content to do over time and it gives a chance at getting some pretty reasonably-good rewards that will prepare you for harder stuff. PUGs are also a good way to meet other players from other kinships and build up a nice group of people to eventually play with when you're ready to get into the harder stuff.

When it comes to the featured instances any class will do. I agree that burglars might be the most underappreciated class right now because I think where they really shine is large-group content. When I see people asking for filler, it seems to be pretty varied but there's a general tendency toward wanting tanks or heals. A runekeeper is a pretty flexible class and can offer both heals and DPS, which is great in a small-group situation. I don't think there's a class that'll guarantee you getting into groups right now, but someone else might have more to say about that.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Tsurupettan posted:

I love me some Tolkien lore and the setting, but I also appreciate the top end of a game. I think both are really important for the health of an MMO, and the lore/setting is pretty much the main reason I've bothered playing the other one for over a decade. I usually have a 'chill' character that explores all the lore bits and stuff and then a character I push to the top to play that content.

e: Basically I'm asking about the gameplay elements because I already know I'll enjoy the story elements.

I'll be honest - I find LOTRO's end-game to be the grindiest and poorest of the MMOs I play (the others being WoW and EverQuest on a progression server).

I'm going to give you some specifics. Like ANY MMO's endgame, it consists of doing the same poo poo over and over. Nothing new there. Chasing a carrot. So not going to fault it with that.

Weapons:
We have the imbued LI system. It has legacies and a main/dps stat. These have tiers. The tiers have filled tiers, unlocked tiers, and max tiers. So for example, you start off with 0 filled tiers, you can fill up to (random number incoming) 20. You can unlock tiers up to 59. With each content update, the tiers you get automatically unlocked and the max you can unlock go up some.

So for DPS stat, you need Crystals. You can unlock these by:
-Buying it on the store
-Buying it in game for gold (pretty expensive)
-Running Big Battles for Stars of Merit to barter for them (can take quite a few runs, less if your groups are good, the content is very old, but you still see people running some here and there)
-Grinding hard during a holiday event when they’re available as holiday rewards (they were during Yule, for example)

For legacies, you need a gently caress ton of Scrolls of Empowerment (7 legacies, 59 tiers, 2 weapons):
-Buy it on the store
-Buying it in game for gold (about 10g / each)
-Run old dailies - can get 6/day from about 30-40 minutes work with 2 sets.
-Barter with marks/meds (variety of ways to get these, in general, just running group content)
-Running the Featured Instance (twice a day, once at cap, once at 104) gives a box that has 1-3 of these. 3 is extremely rare. A run usually takes 10-15 minutes.

Then gear. Currently, it’s all about essence gear. Essence gear is the grindiest poo poo that’s ever grinded.

Featured Instances:
-These can give you actual gear as drops. It’s decent starter gear. It’s not super common in my experience (I think I’m getting a piece of gear once every 2 weeks).
-They also give Lost Coins, that you can barter for jewelry, and you can use coins + a piece of armor to exchange for a different piece of armor if you get duplicates.
-You can also barter the coins for 1-time-use recipes to upgrade essences

Raids:
-I don’t see pugs for the raid often at all. But I know it can drop tokens that you can then trade for your gear. Pretty standard MMO stuff.

Flora system:
-This thing is terrible
-You run around clicking flowers. Each flower might give 1-4 extracts.
-It’s abstracted away (some things require X extracts, some you trade X extracts for a “rare” extract, etc) so I can’t remember exact numbers, but you can trade these extracts for really nice 4-slot essence armor. The armor will cost you like 750-1000 extracts per piece.
-You can also upgrade your raid gear using extracts (trade in old + extracts = new piece, I believe)
-Really nice jewelry here too, even legendary quality rings, through just a gently caress ton of extracts.
-You can also barter for 1-time-use recipes to upgrade essences

Essence system:
-You can get “essence boxes” that give you the base line essence.
-Then you barter for a 1-use recipe (FI ones are worse, Flora ones are better, but the pattern is basically the same I believe?)
-Using a Universal solvent - which is an extremely rare drop, OR just buy it on the store! you can upgrade your essence. Realistically, you’re going to be buying it from the store (or in-game for gold, about 30g each)
-You can upgrade it twice through 2 different 1-use recipes
-I think the final total is 44 essences will make up your gear if you get the really good gear. Upgrading each twice means 88 Universal Solvents. A 25-pack costs 700 LOTRO points on the store.

With the armor and essences, there’s some other caveats:
-Once an essence is placed, the only way to get it out is with an essence removal scroll
-The scrolls are about 30-40g in game
-You can of course, just buy it from the store! 295 LOTRO points for 1 scroll, which works on 1 piece of armor
-You can also barter for it a variety of ways at least. Although I don’t find any of them particularly cheap. They’d involve doing BBs for Stars of Merit, regular instances for marks/meds/seals, or various dailies for amroth/minas tirith/east gondor pieces.
-You can’t even overwrite it. So if you get a new piece of armor, put in a temporary essence to hold you over, you’re screwed unless you either get a new copy of that armor, or buy a removal scroll. Even WoW at least lets you destroy gems already slotted.

So it’s a gently caress ton of grinding in every direction, as each piece of armor and your weapon have their own sub-grinds, all of which are honestly designed to send you to the store to have you get something done in a reasonable amount of time.

On top of this…honestly some poo poo is just straight-up broken. The actual best gear for a hunter includes a 2-piece bonus from loving level 85 content (yeah, it’s a glass cannon type of thing). There’s lots of cases like that where the technically “best” gear is from old poo poo that the devs haven’t cleaned up.

TLDR for “I want the best endgame gear, what should I be doing?”: running your FI instances every day, doing some MT dailies, and picking flowers for basically forever to get the best essences and gear in the game. You’ll also need your crafting leveled up to at least the latest tier to make the essences, which is also super grinds and very loving slow (unless you buy stuff on the store to speed it up!). Then grind more for all the various parts you need along the way, or just go whale and buy it all on the store (you can’t get around the flower picking though).

On the plus side (if you’re still reading): I still think LOTRO is mostly awesome. The landscape is always great to look at, you don’t NEED all this bullshit grind gear to be able to do it, and you can even function fine in the T1 instances of pug groups/raids to see some of the group content with minimal effort. But gently caress the essence system. I find the Imbued LI system to be tolerable.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

xZAOx posted:

On the plus side (if you’re still reading): I still think LOTRO is mostly awesome. The landscape is always great to look at, you don’t NEED all this bullshit grind gear to be able to do it, and you can even function fine in the T1 instances of pug groups/raids to see some of the group content with minimal effort. But gently caress the essence system. I find the Imbued LI system to be tolerable.

You should put the on the plus side at the very top so as not to discourage people before completely discouraging them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
You play Lotro because you like Tolkien's Middle Earth setting and Lord of the Rings in particular. It does this very well and the journey through the content is excellent.

You don't play it if you want a modern MMO experience and/or good raid content or good/meaningful PVP.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You should put the on the plus side at the very top so as not to discourage people before completely discouraging them.

Meh.

We've all said it time and time again in this forum. It's not news. It's a decade old MMO, people generally know what it's about at this stage. I care not if other's play or not. I mean, yeah, more players is great, but it's a long journey to 105, and the only poo poo really worth doing is the solo poo poo, with a smidge of "group with strangers" at the top, neither of which is really impacted (since it's all at level cap).

I *still* do a dumb giddy nerd sound whenever I first get to encounter a new popular landmark. The short quest at the end of the latest quest pack (maybe it was in the epic technically?) where you sneak around the black gate for a bit was yet another nerdgasm moment.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

xZAOx posted:

Words about end-game.

See, that doesn't sound that bad, since you can realistically do the things over time in game with mostly guaranteed places to get them from. I'm okay with that as long as I know I can run something and generally expect something out of it.

I'm coming from EQ2 where you can't compete at cap without waiting 90 days from the day you hit 100 (and you need to log in every day), and without spending an extra $15 a month to sub 2 accounts, or without spending hundreds of hours grinding extra exp at cap for permanent stat gains and 1/6000 chance drops (that might not be for your class) for items that inflate your damage by 50-100%.

I'm not going to continue into a giant wall of some weird inverse dick size comparing about how bad our games do stuff at the top end, but LOTRO sounds palatable at the top, and even if it isn't, there's like, ten years of content and story I've never seen so I can get a poo poo ton out of it no matter what. Plus I can always just make a healer and probably schlep along in worse gear by just being good!

Now, how do I choose between Rune Keeper and Minstrel...

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Tsurupettan posted:

Do you want to kill people with rock figuratively or literally?

Maldavos
May 26, 2015
Grimey Drawer

Conskill posted:

Do you want to kill people with rock figuratively or literally?

:razz:

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

Tsurupettan posted:

Shouting people to death is pretty fun. Minstrel's the only class I rolled two of.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Tsurupettan posted:

Honestly I recommend leveling both to ~level 15 (the end of the prologue quests + starting zone) and seeing which feels better. If you aren't willing to do that at least take the extra hour to level them both to 5 and the end of the intro zone. If you make one an elf or dwarf and the other a hobbit or human you won't even be repeating any content.

Personally of those two the minstrel feels a lot faster to me (cries and shouts mean lots of killing things at range without even slowing down) but it really depends on your playstyle.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I am going to do that level 15 thing. There's a sale going on for classes and I have a decent TP stockpile anyway, so I might as well pick some up!

Minstrel is fun so far, running around yelling at things and doing surprising amounts of damage.

I also saw on this page that Wardens are complex. What makes them complex? Is it obnoxious complex or interesting and nuanced complex?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Tsurupettan posted:

I am going to do that level 15 thing. There's a sale going on for classes and I have a decent TP stockpile anyway, so I might as well pick some up!

Minstrel is fun so far, running around yelling at things and doing surprising amounts of damage.

I also saw on this page that Wardens are complex. What makes them complex? Is it obnoxious complex or interesting and nuanced complex?

Basically you need to commit this chart to muscle memory to play one optimally:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

flowinprose posted:

That sounds fun, actually. I like things like that. I think I'll just buy Warden too. I also transferred my characters from the shut down servers over too, and apparently I had a 21 captain! Woo.

So, the game feels overall a LOT better than when I played it last. One of my biggest gripes back near release was that combat felt really... sticky and unresponsive? Like, that was me coming off of WoW which is known for responsiveness of buttons. Things feel a lot more responsive than they used to. Did they change something, or did my perception maybe change after all this time? There's a few other control things that just feel better than I remember, but I can't really pin it down. It feels overall nicer to play.

e: How often do the Quad Packs go on sale?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 20, 2017

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The correct answer is any class that lets you play a hobbit. Or really just leave your starting area and go to the Shire.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't care about these stupid hobbits and their stupid hobbit problems.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Wardens are a lot of fun. That chart makes them look impossible, but a solo warden only needs to know 5 or 6 combos. I'm 46 and slowly soloing through the game, and I love my powerful AoE dots, run speed buff, teleports, and ranged attacks. It's also nice to know that if I really buckled down and learned the class well and set up an efficient key-map that I could be truly godlike.

Speaking of nerdgasms, I had always skipped Goblin Town in previous runs, but finally went through the whole quest line this week while it was on-level. Loved the rambling, looping corridors with random dead ends everywhere. And of course the wall paintings and Gollum's cave.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

sassassin posted:

I don't care about these stupid hobbits and their stupid hobbit problems.

WTF, mods?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ered Luin is the superior starting zone.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

The Bramble posted:

Speaking of nerdgasms, I had always skipped Goblin Town in previous runs, but finally went through the whole quest line this week while it was on-level. Loved the rambling, looping corridors with random dead ends everywhere. And of course the wall paintings and Gollum's cave.

Dude, when I was writing that post where I used nergasm, that's actually what was running through my head. Goblin Town was amazing, although I admit I did some of the quests, then stalled on some until I was higher level because the mob density was so high and they kept sending me back and forth all over it.

But the first trek through Misty Mountains (when you don't realize there's a quicker path, you don't have the stables unlocked, etc) going up the windy snowy path, so much snow you can barely see - poo poo was done just extremely well. Then diving into Goblin Town, freaking out about the painting and finding Gollum's cave? Just top notch.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

cool thing about goblin town--listen real close to the music, then look up the song the goblins sing in the hobbit.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

do people still do ettenmoors and monster play? that is one extremely fond memory i had from playing this game way back when.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Tsurupettan posted:

do people still do ettenmoors and monster play? that is one extremely fond memory i had from playing this game way back when.

Arkenstone is a more popular PVP server than ours (Landroval) but yes on nights especially weekend nights people meet up and kill each other still. The server mergers made even the servers not traditionally into PVP much more enjoyable to try it on, as there's now something like 5 old servers worth of players per server now. This advice might be a bit late: But just so you and newer players know the premium classes of Moria come with the full Moria expansion pack, so if you buy Moria as an expansion pack individually or in the quad pack you get both warden and runekeeper but not beorning as that was added years later.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7686611#post7686611

The patch notes for the test server are up, and in one single patch SSG will be addressing and fixing half a dozen problems that were previously ignored or claimed to be unfixable.

Highlights:

-All interior 'hooks' for items in houses can now be slid around, so you can essentially re-arrange your entire house to have troll heads and wood beds and other things that rhyme with those wherever you want them once this patch hits in February more or less.

-There will be a global channel for /trade and for /lff (looking for fellowship) so if you hate /world people making unfunny repetitive Trump jokes half the time you're online, you could just leave that channel and focus on trade and LFF again.

-Phials of extract are now bound to account instead of to character, and while I don't know it for sure I imagine this means the upcoming moss, lichen and hopefully mushroom collecting will be BoA in Dagorlad as well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

flowinprose posted:

Warden is completely and utterly unforgiving if you ever take a break from the game as well. Gambits are awesome but they also require more than shaking off the rust like other classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Evil Fluffy posted:

Warden is completely and utterly unforgiving if you ever take a break from the game as well. Gambits are awesome but they also require more than shaking off the rust like other classes.

So true. I have a lifetime account, so I come and go a lot. I leveled a warden into the high 60s in one of those sessions, and have tried to get back to it everytime I've come back. It almost seems like it would be easier to re-roll a warden than try to make that muscle memory wake back up.