Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
As short as it is, this isn't "better than no episode"; it's easily the best you've ever done. This is the first time that the show's had the chemistry and flow of its model - I don't know if it's Lemon's charisma, or STOG's editing, or everyone hanging out for an hour before recording, or just the podcast hitting its stride on its own, but there's a real punch that the episodes before only hinted at. Even though I knew how short it was going to be, it still caught me off-guard when the ending came; I was ready for another half hour or more. Excellent stuff.

Lost it at "I searched 'jury duty' and it worked."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sham bam bamina! posted:

As short as it is, this isn't "better than no episode"; it's easily the best you've ever done. This is the first time that the show's had the chemistry and flow of its model - I don't know if it's Lemon's charisma, or STOG's editing, or everyone hanging out for an hour before recording, or just the podcast hitting its stride on its own, but there's a real punch that the episodes before only hinted at. Even though I knew how short it was going to be, it still caught me off-guard when the ending came; I was ready for another half hour or more. Excellent stuff.

Lost it at "I searched 'jury duty' and it worked."

The credit should go entirely to STOG because the recording session was an absolute trainwreck.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think Ol Grimy was trying to say "WHAT is being born in the wrong body?" Like is it the soul? And the reason they had this question was because transexuals, according to them, are usually atheist/materialist, so they wouldn't think that atheist/materialists would believe in a soul in the first place.

I guess that could have been a valid question except for literally everything else!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
The mind.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

Midnight Voyager posted:

I think Ol Grimy was trying to say "WHAT is being born in the wrong body?" Like is it the soul? And the reason they had this question was because transexuals, according to them, are usually atheist/materialist, so they wouldn't think that atheist/materialists would believe in a soul in the first place.

I guess that could have been a valid question except for literally everything else!

He wasn't. He very much wasn't. This is a person who thinks that Albert loving Fish is someone to look up to. He thinks sociopathy is desirable trait. He is a piece of poo poo. Specifically in that post our best guess is that he was mocking the concept of dualism and implies that no one intelligent would believe in it.

Anyway the point is, don't be charitable towards ol' grimey, he is a trash person.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think the guy who calls himself Ol Grimy may just loving suck

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
He certainly sucked the fun out of the episode. I came to hear a pack of debauched badasses post about their sex magick, and it lasted all of one thread before turning into dumb political bullshit that nobody needs to go to the Satanic International Network to find. Bait and switch, gold spun into straw.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sham bam bamina! posted:

He certainly sucked the fun out of the episode. I came to hear a pack of debauched badasses post about their sex magick, and it lasted all of one thread before turning into dumb political bullshit that nobody needs to go to the Satanic International Network to find. Bait and switch, gold spun into straw.

That's one of the disappointing things about Satanism as a topic of mockery, whether it's Laveyan "Objectivism in a Halloween mask" Satanism or Flying Spaghetti Monster 2: Satanic Boogaloo ironic satirical Satanism it's mostly just boring assholes with terrible political opinions that they can't wait to share with everyone.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Guy Mann posted:

That's one of the disappointing things about Satanism as a topic of mockery, whether it's Laveyan "Objectivism in a Halloween mask" Satanism or Flying Spaghetti Monster 2: Satanic Boogaloo ironic satirical Satanism it's mostly just boring assholes with terrible political opinions that they can't wait to share with everyone.

I was kind of expecting the episode to be a dumb teenager episode, since that's the demographic I think I associate with Satanism. :/

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Guy Mann posted:

Nah. I looked up the site, and the politics board is only a small part of it (and regardless, it was hardly necessary to turn one poster in it into half of the episode). Here's some fantastic trash I was able to pull up with no effort at all:

Forum threads:
EJ Gold and Learning Orbs (Yes, that's Urth: The Game!)
How Satanists And Witches Not The Same.
Chaos Magic
Vaping/Ecigs
sheeple (Scroll down a bit.)
Cyber Currency
psychic vampire, workplace mobbing
BDSM
Favorite Serial Killer

Blog posts:
Some Humer....Hopefully!
In Sighting of Moonlight
Satanic Poetry
The John Samson Chronicles Final Part
Satan's Psycho's
Rebellion as A Consumer Good
Concerning The Transmundane
A dream I just had.

This isn't even a document, and it would have made an infinitely better episode in its own right.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That brings me to a question.

Why hasn't there been a vaping episode yet?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Has there been any episodes about polyamory or open relationships? Also one of my friends is a PhD at caltech and sent me on some emails I'll have to post in the thread soon. Basically their public email gets messages from crazy people recommending """"their""" colleagues for a Nobel prize for a new type of gravity or whatever.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

EmmyOk posted:

Has there been any episodes about polyamory or open relationships? Also one of my friends is a PhD at caltech and sent me on some emails I'll have to post in the thread soon. Basically their public email gets messages from crazy people recommending """"their""" colleagues for a Nobel prize for a new type of gravity or whatever.

No episode dedicated to poly, I'm pretty sure, but there was a great segment from the old Juggalo dating site about a couple looking for a sex slave.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Nah. I looked up the site, and the politics board is only a small part of it (and regardless, it was hardly necessary to turn one poster in it into half of the episode). Here's some fantastic trash I was able to pull up with no effort at all:

Forum threads:
Chaos Magic
Vaping/Ecigs
Cyber Currency
BDSM
Favorite Serial Killer

Blog posts:
Some Humer....Hopefully!
In Sighting of Moonlight
Satanic Poetry
Satan's Psycho's
A dream I just had.

This isn't even a document, and it would have made an infinitely better episode in its own right.

Can I steal this poo poo for an Extra Credit doc?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Can I steal this poo poo for an Extra Credit doc?
Oh, by all means. I can't think of a way to send it to The F Plus without looking like a dick, so have at it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I can't believe we didn't get Satanic Vaping posts in the episode. Extra Credits exists to right these wrongs.

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Forum threads:
Chaos Magic
Vaping/Ecigs
Cyber Currency
BDSM
Favorite Serial Killer

Blog posts:
Some Humer....Hopefully!
In Sighting of Moonlight
Satanic Poetry
Satan's Psycho's
A dream I just had.

Half of these are in the doc already.

edit: you also somehow missed the first two parts of The John Samson Chronicles.

THE LESBIATHAN fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 20, 2017

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I liked the transgender segment of the podcast, if for no other reason than the fact that I'm trans and there's a lot of dumb lovely stuff that doesn't get mocked in a funny way. :goleft:

(I still listen to the conservagay extravaganza regularly)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

THE LESBIATHAN posted:

Half of these are in the doc already.
Fair enough.

quote:

edit: you also somehow missed the first two parts of The John Samson Chronicles.
I didn't bother to include them; that doesn't mean that I missed them.

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I didn't bother to include them; that doesn't mean that I missed them.

The first part is much more funny!

Honestly, if you take issue with the stuff about ol' grimey, please remember there has been sections in other docs that have been dedicated to a particularly terrible poster/user. Ol' grimey is by far the worst on that forum, but his out look and opinions do accurately reflect that particular slice of the internet. Not including him would've been a loving travesty.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

That brings me to a question.

Why hasn't there been a vaping episode yet?

Heave and I have a doc in the hopper dedicated to the art of cloud chasing (competitive vaping for those not in the know) along with some more general vape related stuff.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was listening to F Plus Sings recently and thinking about how it's a 10/10 GOTY episode and was seriously tempted to maybe try to go back to Song Writing Fever for a sequel doc.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You can do that, but the site stopped taking new entries a while ago. :(

F Plus Sings is a top 5 episode, easy.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I actually kind of like that we got weirdly fundamentalist-conservative in the satanist site. It's unexpected. You just expect either plain old edginess and teenagers, and then you get slapped with THAT.

Plus we haven't really had an episode about conservative nutjobs for a very long time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RyokoTK posted:

You can do that, but the site stopped taking new entries a while ago. :(

F Plus Sings is a top 5 episode, easy.

Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of other sites.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of other sites.

Like DeviantArt!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kumquat owns and I will probably change my name to EGG RAW BLOOD BUTT

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's been a while but B-boy360 is the champion of the universe

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I recently discovered that songmeanings.net somehow still exists. I hope an episode on that emerges someday.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

User-Friendly posted:

I recently discovered that songmeanings.net somehow still exists. I hope an episode on that emerges someday.
You have the power.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Boots posted:

I think this podcast has reached peak sigh.

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!

User-Friendly posted:

I tried making a doc of it and got nowhere fast.
I hope someone else manages to.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Not song meanings, but I'm still looking forward to the next episode...

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/824646636190257152

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
And here it is!

Lou's had multiple episodes on this place; this is going to be a classic.

Edit: All right, one reading in and it's already a friggin' Lou episode. :peanut:

Edit 2: Wrapping up with more Lou than I've heard on his own show. I think this last reading was reposted in TCC sometime last year. Nice to hear it straight from the source this time.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 26, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
loving Charlie Sheen would be shocked by that last guy's routine.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
I had read the first page of the drugs.txt thread prior to listening to this episode, so once Jimmyfranks started reading I knew what I was in for. Amazing stuff nonetheless.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I gotta tell you, "My Common State Of Rage" is my favorite Indigo Girls song.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

The tea bit almost killed me

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

EDIT POINT

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I liked that "edit point" is a tag for this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Edit point would be an excellent shirt.

I'm shocked the whole internet hasn't read that roller blade dudes post and I can't believe it's still so amazing and crazy.