Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've only ever seen the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

The scene when Donna and James find out Laura was killed is amazing and heartbreaking.

The the panic, then the realization... I get chills every time.

Wait are we still talking about Air Bud

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Air Bud's dead! Wrapped in plastic!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

plz dont pull out posted:

Nah, he comes back and helps the team win the big game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvf0WWxrYRM

That's the ending I assumed happened. Why is there a bit where they try and drown a very nice dog?

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Skwirl posted:

That's the ending I assumed happened. Why is there a bit where they try and drown a very nice dog?

Because otherwise an abusive alcoholic clown will get him.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

corn in the bible posted:

Air Bud's dead! Wrapped in plastic!

I love him. I love my dead gay dog!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wait are we still talking about Air Bud

Remember when the bad guy wanted the dog and the dog chose the boy? That guy must've been sad.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

But it's okay because that guy got eaten by a raptor.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Because otherwise an abusive alcoholic clown will get him.

I never thought I'd say this, but apparently I need to see Air Bud

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's alright I guess. As a kid it was a good one.

I think the kids kind of a bitch though, but that's usually how it goes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

It's alright I guess. As a kid it was a good one.

I think the kids kind of a bitch though, but that's usually how it goes.

All children in all movies are loving dumb shits you wan't to punch in the face.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Skwirl posted:

All children in all movies are loving dumb shits you wan't to punch in the face.

i think that the kid who played danny in the shining is good, but the kid who played danny in the shining is bad

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

i think that the kid who played danny in the shining is good, but the kid who played danny in the shining is bad

a post by a wise man

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I liked the kid in Iron Man 3. And Kodie Scott McPhee is usually aight.

But i did want to punch Asa Butterfield during Miss Peregrines. I still haven't finished that movie to be honest. It was reaaaaally dull.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CelticPredator posted:

I liked the kid in Iron Man 3. And Kodie Scott McPhee is usually aight.

But i did want to punch Asa Butterfield during Miss Peregrines. I still haven't finished that movie to be honest. It was reaaaaally dull.

I think that's just an Asa Butterfield thing. I've seen that one trailer for The Fault In Our Stars Literally In The Stars a few times and he just looks obnoxious.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He wasn't that bad in Hugo.

I wonder if kids ever called him rear end Butt in school.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Kids in movies: Margaret O'Brien is fantastic in Meet Me in St. Louis, also it was her birthday the other day.

Egbert Souse posted:

What if you're one of the Van Dykes on a motorcycle? I can't imagine Jesus being angry at Dick or Jerry. :(

One time I saw Jerry Van Dyke's dick.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CelticPredator posted:

I wonder if kids ever called him rear end Butt in school.

Unless he was homeschooled, yes. If he was homeschooled, probably also yes.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

For the longest time, I thought the kid who played Danny in the Shining was Corey Feldman.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
One of the things that makes Stranger Things so good is that the child actors aren't terrible!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh yeah! All the kids from Stranger Things are great. Not so much the teens though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Oh yeah! All the kids from Stranger Things are great. Not so much the teens though.

I thought they were fine too.

I had 0 complaints about anything in the show. It all worked for me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jonathan was the only thing that didn't. If he was intended to be a creep and treated as such, I'd warm up to him, but I'm not so sure.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Jonathan was the only thing that didn't. If he was intended to be a creep and treated as such, I'd warm up to him, but I'm not so sure.

Well he is.

He is definitely a creep. And he is treated as such.

And he doesn't get the girl.

So.

Start warming up?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
For some reason, some dude in NMD decided to start a thread about literal white power music. Happy Trump Inauguration Day!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Okay so, I just got back from Live By Night. Here's a long review I'm just going to blot out b/c spoilers.

As a filmed story, it was not very good. As a view into the mind of Ben Affleck, it was priceless.

The first act of the movie (its prologue?) is interesting and, as a stand-alone film, much better than everything else. Like if they'd actually ended it with Ben Affleck coming out of prison and learning his father died (I think that was 30 minutes in), like, 9/10, very solid movie. I have never seen The Town. I sort of assume the first act was kind of a sped-up, 1920s version of The Town?

Anyway after that it turns into this macho liberal fantasy---Ben Affleck has no problem hanging out with blacks and cubans and black cubans, and actually yeah they are really explicit that American negroes are welcome into the Cubans' back rooms there's a whole blues number; Zoe Saldana's brother (actually wait, in the movie their family name is Saldana?? (I'm talking about the Cuban boss guy) has a wall full of photos of working-class people because he's such a great guy, basically. Anyway, after becoming The Foist Irishman in an Italian organization, Affleck creates a more perfect union with the cuban black Saldanas and throws open his speakeasies to all and everybody loves him except the klan, and like when they plant a burning cross in front of one of his places Ben Affleck just rushes out and confronts them like YEAH YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME, A MINORITY, AND MY FELLOW MINORITIES HERE???

I'm drifting way off point. All of this stuff is lame and boring and plays kind of pathetically in the Trump Age. There's a bunch of redneck peckerwoods getting owned by the cool liberal guy who doesn't see race, and yes they are all played by character actors or guys who look deformed. Hollywood and the West Coast are an interesting sort of omnipresent specter that hover over the proceedings, which take place entirely in Boston and Tampa Bay. It's both a promised escape and a dreamed-of, spoken-of paradise and a source of corruption, BUT FROM THAT CORRUPTION LIKE ATHENA springs the most interesting character in the movie. Like near the end of act two this preacher girl shuts down Ben Affleck's Actually Not That Bad Gambling Operation through the power of beseeching Jesus, and yes you could read it on the surface that she's meant to be this display of how genuine innocence is cynically used and destroyed by the corrupt awful culture of the HHHWHITE south but it's more interesting if you read every character in the movie as an aspect of Ben Affleck's psyche, which they all totally are. Like Zoe Saldana straight up dies after bearing Ben Affleck a son because that part of him withered when he turned his thoughts to raising a boy but BACK ON POINT. This girl is basically Ben Affleck's conscience telling him, "Ben, you can't indulge in these power fantasies where you're a tough guy from Boston----Ben, you're from like, Cambridge or w/e the poo poo, you're not this Southie tough guy. Also what's with all these violent fantasies? You keep shooting dudes and wrecking dudes and getting away with bad poo poo, that's not healthy man. You think you can be a good bad man? Like you have this fantasy where you're a bank robber but you build orphanages with the money and all the people you shoot are these southern racists who deserve it but Ben, you know that's not...." like she's totally wrecking this fantasy for him it's great.

Anyway, it's cool because Ben Affleck actually wins in the end, which is to say he lives to raise his son. He takes him to the movies and HOI HOI IRONY, while the real Ben Affleck fought a wicked southern racist sheriff who had some really hosed up sex stuff with his daughter going on, the boy enjoys a western film about a good sheriff written by Ben Affleck's brother who is in Hollywood and out of touch b/c, well Ben's a loving bank robber, and is inspired to become a cop, so you see----well I could end with a note of cheap cynicism but the ending IS better than that, honestly. Like, probably a lot of really sharp reviewers are gonna poke a bazillion holes in the Liberal 30's Antiracist Superman stuff, 'cuz it is painful, but at the same time the movie is kind of Ben Affleck's fantasy and at the same time he's critiquing all of these fantasies he has, of how if he was in the 20s-30s he would have seen through racism and fought the system and yadda yadda. Like the movie is constantly going "but Ben." In the end he does agree with his superego, the preacher chick, that freedom is bad, that's a whole interesting point.

Anyway, no, not a good movie but maybe worth seeing twice. I admit my reading really began with Ben Affleck grousing in interviews he's tired of talking about The Batman when he worked for two years to make Live By Night----idk if he directed it but I'm sure he had his hand in every step of its creation---and I'm glad we have movie stars really because we can have really personal movies like these where they put themselves out there. It actually makes the whole celebrity thing almost worth it.

e: oh gently caress I forgot to mention: in the first act, there's a really friggin awesome car chase with these old-timey 1920s steel cars. Like, it rules, it's a good chase, you can see the guys crankin on their old-timey stick shifts and poo poo. Seriously, if you could just cut the first 40 minutes of this movie into a short it'd be really good.

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 20, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Criminal Minded posted:

For some reason, some dude in NMD decided to start a thread about literal white power music. Happy Trump Inauguration Day!

Jesus Christ

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
The kid in Lion is very good. And the kids in the Addams Family films are brilliant. The kids in Captain Fantastic were highly punchable though (as was the writer).

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

The world needs Candyman now more than ever, what the gently caress

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It just...who do they think they're fooling? It's so blatant and they're acting so innocent about it that it's honestly kind of sickening.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

glam rock hamhock posted:

It just...who do they think they're fooling? It's so blatant and they're acting so innocent about it that it's honestly kind of sickening.

Stop bein so sensitive, this you and your kinds fault somehow gawww

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

PYF catchy tunes made by shitheads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XxYwWg7F8I

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Criminal Minded posted:

That's a joke thread, those people post in phiz

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Hat Thoughts posted:

That's a joke thread, those people post in phiz

"Ironic" Nazis still deserved their teeth kicked in.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

wyoming posted:

"Ironic" Nazis still deserved their teeth kicked in.

SPEAKING OF NAZIS

so Guillermo del Toro posted on twitter that he would go into talks with Ron Perlman and Mike Mignola about Hellboy III IF he got 100,000 entries on a poll he posted ("do you want Hellboy III? -Yeah -Hell Yeah") and I just checked and he got about 132,000 so THAT HAPPENED IT'S HAPPENING BISSHHHH

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Whst r some easy crafts? Got a lot of free time recently want 2 get into crafts......

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
WHY AREN'T YOU EXTREMELY HAPPY HELLBOY THREE IS HAPPENING YOU SONOFABITCH

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Because Del Toro's gonna say Alien Covenant took all his ideas and not do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Whst r some easy crafts? Got a lot of free time recently want 2 get into crafts......

War.

Or take up painting, that's pretty chill.

• Locked thread