Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cyberpunk 2077 turns out to be stealth witcher sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Helith posted:

They've already said that they're not going to make another Witcher game. For now they're concentrating on Cyberpunk 2077 and even if they did make more Witcher after that is done I doubt it would be Geralt and co., their story is done.
Still the Witcher world is big enough to tell other stories in, so hopefully in the 2020s we'll get one!
They actually said they're not going to make another Geralt game and specifically stated they may return to The Witcher universe. Of course that would still have to happen after Cyberpunk so we'd see the final product in like 10 years so I'm not impatiantly waiting.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Palpek posted:

They actually said they're not going to make another Geralt game and specifically stated they may return to The Witcher universe. Of course that would still have to happen after Cyberpunk so we'd see the final product in like 10 years so I'm not impatiantly waiting.

Which is what I said. I must have phrased it badly. I don't want another Geralt game, but maybe there will be a new Witcher universe game at some point down the line.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Legend of Lambert: The Prickening coming Q1 2028

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The worst thing about a Lambert game would be how many trolls you'd have to kill. :(

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The worst thing about a Lambert game would be how many trolls you'd have to kill. :(

But every time he did someone would say:
"Lambert, Lambert, what a prick!"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SirSamVimes posted:

They've just said that Geralt's story is done, they have not said anything about the Witcher universe being done.

It's done for our gaming lifetimes, as good as. Witcher 4 coming out in 2032.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm really glad they brought back some of the weirder monsters for Blood and Wine. Archespores are fantastic.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
On the Yen/Triss thing, I was so sold on Triss & Geralt in the first two games that when first mention of Yen and their past cropped up, I somehow assumed that Yen was just a platonic friend or something :wtc: The fact is that all the sorceresses in the Witcher universe are (a) incredibly manipulative, (b) have a variety of personality disorders (due to being born ugly. No, really) and (c) are incredibly stupid and bad at all their puppetmaster conspiracy poo poo. By the end of the books I was so fed up with watching their idiotic schemes go awry all the loving time but them still acting superior and wise.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Archespores are fantastic.
...how masochistic are you, exactly.
To be fair they were fine in this game because I knew what golden oriole was. And whirlwind. I think I still have ptsd from Witcher 1 when it seems I either didn't realise that potion worked so well or it didn't exist in the game. gently caress THAT SWAMP.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MikeJF posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 turns out to be stealth witcher sequel.

You act like there won't be a sidequest where you have to chase down a white haired lady who can apparently teleport at will.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

You act like there won't be a sidequest where you have to chase down a white haired lady who can apparently teleport at will.

Oh one hundred percent, but Witcher 2077 would be sweet as gently caress.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

El Grillo posted:

...how masochistic are you, exactly.
To be fair they were fine in this game because I knew what golden oriole was. And whirlwind. I think I still have ptsd from Witcher 1 when it seems I either didn't realise that potion worked so well or it didn't exist in the game. gently caress THAT SWAMP.

I can hardly remember but I'm pretty sure golden oriole did cleanse poison properly in W1. There were plenty of reasons to hate the swamp, though, and W1 potions were single-use, so unless you were a crazy potion hoarder like myself you might have run out or something.

Potions in W3 are also far more powerful. Superior golden oriole makes every arachas fight an absolute curbstomp. The other day I killed an asp mostly by standing next to it with superior black blood coursing through me.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jan 20, 2017

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
My biggest remaining question regarding the Witcher is whether 'Gerald' is a hilarious running joke or people aren't noticing their phone's autocorrect.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Gerald of Riviera

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Gerry the Riv

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

Gerald of Riviera

I haven't finished Blood and Wine yet (or even the main quest, so many other games distracting me) but I've already taken to calling him Gerald of the Riviera

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Goddamn, just tried this in VR using TriDef to render it in SBS 3D and BigScreen (a virtual desktop app), it was pretty great. CDPR could probably release a VR version if they made some performance tweaks; on a 1080 gtx it was almost playable at lowest settings, even with the absurd levels of AA I've set through NVidia control panel. Beuclaire was just stunning even on lowest settings - sense of scale was amazing even if the distant landscape map looked too much like a matte painting.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

cant cook creole bream posted:

The only right decision is that Gerald is such an emotionally broken and awkward person that he ends up with neither one of those women. They may have quite deep flaws, but they are still to good for him.

But I liked how disappointed Dijkstra was when he was shipping Triss and Gerald refused to kiss her.
Up to the end I kind of liked Dijkstra in general. Making that stupid power play while Gerald was still around was kind of retarded though. But I didn't really want to kill him either. He's probably the best of the underground rulers who keep Novigrad stable.

Stop calling him Gerald.

Edit: just saw the last page! :hurr:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 20, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Arcsquad12 posted:

For anyone who didn't catch that conversation, Ciri mentions that she & Avallach spent some time hiding from Eredin in a world where 'people had metal in their heads and rode around in metal horses'.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
She says they had flying ships, not "metal horses"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Yeah the line is, "People had metal in their heads, waged war from a distance, using things similar to megascopes. They had no horses, everyone had their own flying ship instead."

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Gonna finally sit down and beat this game now that I've upgraded and can run it on ultra. What mods are must haves? The one that makes all quest markers appear looks great.

Also what build can I curb stomp stuff with.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
No fall damage
No weapon degradation
90000 weight limit for patch 1.30
Jump in shallow water
Better icons

Alchemy is easily the strongest build, but you'll curb stomp with most. You'd have to be trying to gently caress up your build.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I really enjoyed how the books explained his title "Geralt of Rivia".

He's not from Rivia at all, he grew up in Kaer Morhen. Witchers usually pick fancy surnames to appear more professional, so Geralt picks "Geralt Roger Eric du Haute-Bellegarde". Vesemir calls him an idiot so he shortens it to "Geralt of Rivia" and starts faking a Rivian accent.

Much later, while trying to find Ciri, he accidentally gets caught up in a battle between Nilfgaard and some guerillas from Lyria and Rivia, and ends up helping the latter. Queen Meve, who's leading the guerillas, makes him a knight afterwards, unknowingly and coincidentally dubbing him "Geralt of Rivia". Dandelion finds this hilarious.

He's such a goof, I love it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

No fall damage
Colored Map Icons
Reveal Quest Icons on Map (make sure to get compatible version with above)
Friendly UI
Jump in Shallow Water
Always Active Passive Perks
More Realistic Witcher Eyes (just the eyes)
HD Reworked Textures (or whatever it's called... Top file on nexus)
Cheaper Respec potions (just because)
Revamped Lighting mod (makes weather super pretty)
Enhanced Sign Effects (just because)

Then get the script merger because Friendly UI uses the same file as a bunch of them, but nothing will conflict and it'll all work fine.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Fuzz posted:

Revamped Lighting mod (makes weather super pretty)

Would that be Super Turbo Lighting Modp? I tried it and it's making nights super dark (even outside).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Edmond Dantes posted:

Would that be Super Turbo Lighting Modp? I tried it and it's making nights super dark (even outside).

Yeah, that's the one. If you use it and enhanced weather without dark rain or something like that... makes the nights really drat pretty.

I'll pull my full mod list when I get home, haven't had darkness issues but that could be your monitor or whatever. Do you have Preserve System Gamma on?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Fuzz posted:

I'll pull my full mod list when I get home, haven't had darkness issues but that could be your monitor or whatever. Do you have Preserve System Gamma on?

Please do, I want to tweak my mod list. I'm having such a better time this go-round once I modded the gently caress out of a bunch of annoyances.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Oh yeah, my own mod list completely omits graphics mods, mostly because I thought this game was more than great looking already. Do the mods above really have a major effect?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm really glad they brought back some of the weirder monsters for Blood and Wine. Archespores are fantastic.
They get a bit tedious, especially since there's no challenge with Superior Golden Oriole.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

They get a bit tedious, especially since there's no challenge with Superior Golden Oriole.

The best thing you can do in WItcher 3 is to only use the basic potions. :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

queeb posted:

Gonna finally sit down and beat this game now that I've upgraded and can run it on ultra. What mods are must haves? The one that makes all quest markers appear looks great.

Also what build can I curb stomp stuff with.

There are no must haves. The game is perfect as is.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SirSamVimes posted:

There are no must haves. The game is perfect as is.

This isn't true at all. The jump in shallow water mod is mandatory.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I went vanilla and let me tell you: shallow water is real annoying and that mod is probably good.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay yeah I forgot shallow water existed.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'd say the only mandatory mod is auto-apply oils.

I get why people install the infinite carry weight stuff, but I like the flow of adventuring and then returning to town to sell all the crap I stole. That's what RPGs are all about bb.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Also the fall damage one. I'm playing on console and almost all of my deaths have been because it's not super clear where you can climb and where you can slide, and sometimes Geralt just flat-out gungles his way off of a cliff.

If there were a mod that made you be able to permanently thin out the Siren communities on Skellige, I'd also install that one. Them and Harpies always feel like they're wasting my time.

I finished the main quest (Witcher Ciri, Queen Cerys, Dark Lord Dijikstra, Geralt and Yen retired). It was satisfying. Looking forward to Blood and Wine, with a whole new map to cover, finally.

I'm okay with them not making another Witcher game until the 2030s. If I'm lucky, by then, the kids we're planning on having will have gone away to Mars University, and I'll have all the time in the world to step into my Sonytendo Holochamber 64 and hunt archgriffins, until my supply of Radaway runs out and I have to leave the house for awhile.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
As if anyone will be playing anything other than A Night With Marilyn XII in their VR Tub then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Triss's default clothes are good :colbert:

In Witcher 2. In 3, they're merely passable in comparison to the abomination that is the alternate.