Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I roll on everything I can because I need it for GC seals and money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I've cleared 2.0 and level 50 with my SMN cat girl. :3: What glamour should I work towards besides the Thavnairian set for reasons.

Dreadwyrm \m/

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Obligatum VII posted:

Why is it like pulling teeth to try and get goons to run Thordan Extreme? I swear every time I ask, everyone shuffles off behind something to hide while mumbling.

iunno what fc you're in but thordan is like my favorite fight in the game and i will pretty much drop anything outside of actual raid night if someone asks dgkk for thordan help

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What was that one site a goon on Balmung made with a bunch of horrible RP stuff he screenshotted?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Verranicus posted:

What was that one site a goon on Balmung made with a bunch of horrible RP stuff he screenshotted?

buddy you can find j/o material on your own

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Brother Entropy posted:

buddy you can find j/o material on your own

of course but I wanted to show a friend who wants on the server as a warning/further incentive

EDIT: Anyway I found it. banallanime.net

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Heck yeah, guys :unsmith:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
going to re-up soon is a doom house?! a paissa house?! yet?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

going to re-up soon is a doom house?! a paissa house?! yet?

I am tempted to move to Excalibur for stuff like this. I want to live on an indian burial camp.

Sadly I'm not playing past the two weeks I got for upgrading to a PS4. I adore the game's world and the quests/story, but months apart from it gave me too much time to reflect and the idea of going back to a life of capping tomestones and relic grinding makes me feel miserable. Plus, and more importantly, I'm overseas now and there's just nobody on when I'm around to play. I do miss the social aspects.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

If you mean the DGKK house, then yes.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Dear square enix,

because you can't let me play because all you seem to do anymore is overcharge, crash, and have maintenance I demand free days to play and not for only people who never play anymore for me a continual player for like 3 years!!! I am really tired of being treated like you don't care weather long time players even continue to play anymore because all you seem to want is to get new players who can't even play correctly.

Thank you

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what an incoherent series of thoughts

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

10 minute run would be a hell of a party. Then again we were doing about 12-13 minute runs so I suppose if you had the right classes and were geared out.
10 mins I would deem a lovely run, a good run is 7-8 mins and then you add in some time for people to actually breathe between runs for the 6x100 an hour

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Hi I think this was discussed earlier but I am asking again. I've been playing WAR a lot recently but I leveled sporadically and don't really have the job down. I figure if I'm by myself I just keep Storm's Eye up. Should I be trying to keep both Eye and uhh mint green storm attack up? And if I'm with another WAR should we just pick a storm and just do that one? Also what about NIN? Should I just be like "yo i got this no worries stabby friend?"

Also sorry to goon ninja since I kept loving this up in trial dr

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

put the bi in bicycle posted:

Hi I think this was discussed earlier but I am asking again. I've been playing WAR a lot recently but I leveled sporadically and don't really have the job down. I figure if I'm by myself I just keep Storm's Eye up. Should I be trying to keep both Eye and uhh mint green storm attack up? And if I'm with another WAR should we just pick a storm and just do that one? Also what about NIN? Should I just be like "yo i got this no worries stabby friend?"

Also sorry to goon ninja since I kept loving this up in trial dr

With 1 warrior:

Alternate Storm's Eye and Butcher's Block for 100% Storm uptime, replace as needed with Storm's Path for dangerous roomwide AoE.

With 2 warriors:

Alternate Storm's Eye / Path and Butcher's Block for 100% uptime.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

If the fight has tank swap mechanics and the other tank isn't a warrior and isn't a bad sitting in tank stance the entire time, you might cool your jets a bit with Butcher's Block when you don't have the boss. DRK in particular has to drop a bunch of damage on the floor to generate more threat than a BB-using warrior.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A long time ago I was doing the low level rou and I came across this dude who was the epitome of a roleplayer and in his inspect text he had a link to his profile on an RP wiki (I can't remember it at all) and this thing was incredibly long, full of special snowflake poo poo.

Anyway, none of that is especially remarkable but there's this long part on romance on his biography and he goes into depth about when he was growing up with his foster family, he and his adoptive sister fell in love and they're still in a relationship to this day. Several years ago though, he discovered that his adoptive sister was his actual real life sister and that they didn't care and stayed in their relationship.

RP is a mistake.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Obligatum VII posted:

Why is it like pulling teeth to try and get goons to run Thordan Extreme? I swear every time I ask, everyone shuffles off behind something to hide while mumbling.

I don't get it either. At current gear level it's like 2-3 wipes and then clear even with some complete newbies in the group.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you for the answers so far! I guess it makes sense that it's not a big deal to overwrite another's debuff as long as it stays up.

And I had no idea about that. I guess it explains how even grouped with a dark arts power slashing drk I was still able to hold aggro while accidentally using a 130 axe :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the difference is that warriors want to butcher's block as often as possible since it's their highest potency combo, while dark knights want to use power slash as little as possible, since it's...not.

also, dark knights who dark arts power slash regularly are bad, though of course poo poo happens and sometimes you really really need the snap aggro

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Reiterpallasch posted:

the difference is that warriors want to butcher's block as often as possible since it's their highest potency combo, while dark knights want to use power slash as little as possible, since it's...not.

also, dark knights who dark arts power slash regularly are bad, though of course poo poo happens and sometimes you really really need the snap aggro

I tend to do 2 Dark arts' power slashes to start off most fights just to give me a nice threat lead before I drop tank stance for DPS (unless it's 24 man, where I don't trust healers enough)

Am I a bad DRK?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

147 A1S runs may sound like a lot, but it was pretty easy while watching parts of The Last Kingdom and Generation Kill on the side. Nexus/Unidentified felt a lot worse.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

isk posted:

147 A1S runs may sound like a lot, but it was pretty easy while watching parts of The Last Kingdom and Generation Kill on the side. Nexus/Unidentified felt a lot worse.

How many hours would you say it took?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stormgale posted:

I tend to do 2 Dark arts' power slashes to start off most fights just to give me a nice threat lead before I drop tank stance for DPS (unless it's 24 man, where I don't trust healers enough)

Am I a bad DRK?

ish, though if you don't have a ninja using one dark arts power slash isn't...the worst thing in the world. but.

the game is super dickish about not actually telling you this, but the "increased enmity" effect you get from DAign a power slash isn't actually very much--you get 1650 enmity out of power slash normally and only 300 extra from DAing it. to put that in context, DA boosts the enmity generation of your full power slash combo by...8.5%. if you spent the mana on soul eater instead you'd get 140 of that enmity anyway and do a buttload more damage while you're at it..

in general, if you're mt and don't have a ninja, you shouldn't have any problems with using a power slash combo, then dropping salted earth and scourge, then using a DA carve&spit, then another power slash combo, then dumping mp into DA souleaters. results may vary based on gear and group composition.

ps i'm not actually very good at tanking

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
tldr for ~optimum dps~

- swing power slashes when you need enmity
- never dark arts a power slash, basically
- always dark arts souleaters. never use souleater without dark arts.
- if you're at syphon strike wondering what to do, prioritize ogcd + delirium over dark arts + souleater: you want those ogcds cooling down asap but you can always user dark arts later

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i'm sure someone who actually enjoys playing dork knight is going to koolaid man in here and tell me how i'm wrong about everything though

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

cheetah7071 posted:

How many hours would you say it took?

Maybe 10-12 with adequate-to-good PF groups.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I find A1S light farm is incredibly hard to get done since there's no DPS out there that meet the i250 level req to not make the light farm suffering who's also on anima, so there's 10-15 groups of 1tank1heal and 0 dps everywhere ... and I play tank :(

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
The only time I had a problem with A1S light farming was that one pull where my group killed Oppressor 1.0 before 0.5 finished walking down the ramp, and then we weren't able to kill it before it exploded.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I think most of us who are floating at i270 right now are still on one of the earlier steps (Umbrite) waiting for them to get nerfed (Umbrite) because they are terrible (UMBRITE)

We'll populate those light grind party finders someday, please be patient!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I finished umbrite just days before the next ilevel bump, and I played through that entire time pretty much.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I've cleared 2.0 and level 50 with my SMN cat girl. :3: What glamour should I work towards besides the Thavnairian set for reasons.
I've been wearing the dyeable level 50 summon suit for close to a year, now. The singular drawback to my potato frame is that there's a lot I end up missing out of most outfits.

You have plenty of cloth options besides the robes that probably look better on you anyways.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If a DRK is main tanking you should basically never be using Butchers Block. Every BB past the first couple requires a Power Slash to compensate and that's a massive DPS loss compared to the really minor DPS loss for using Storm's Eye. Friends don't let friends Power Slash more than absolutely necessary.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Dang, physical Stormblood CE is $200. They must be going off success of the ff15 CE and just plain gouging at this point.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Reiterpallasch posted:

iunno what fc you're in but thordan is like my favorite fight in the game and i will pretty much drop anything outside of actual raid night if someone asks dgkk for thordan help

I'm in TPT, but I asked in the cross-FC linkshells too and get the exact same reaction, so...

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

This is good. They took the criticism of the HW jobs well it looks like.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I'm excited that Square-Enix are making the next MMORPG based on Star Wars: A New Hope.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
How bad is the relic grind this time around? I got the first level (ilvl 200) on my BRD but now I'm focusing on my PLD and need to grind out the fate crystals again.

Is it worth it? or is there an easily attainable equivalent weapon ~260+ iLvl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The easiest weapon of an appreciable ilevel at the moment is the kinna weapon you can get from the PotD. Anything else takes at least several weeks worth of work.

• Locked thread