Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spoeank posted:

Northern California is in the mist of getting caught up with all the drought all at once.

Fixed.

Also it's stupid warm here for a Wisconsin winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
AND HEEEERRREEEE COME THE DUCK PENISES!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Athanatos posted:

I dont think Matt Ryan has strong feelings on anything but the coldness of the tap water with his evening meal.

You know how in the winter sometimes the pipes are cold enough that hitting the cold tap it comes out at a nice like 45 no ice required?

Matt Ryan knows

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bad Moon posted:

HEY GUYS LET'S GET THIS WEATHER CHAT GOING PNW SUMMERS BEST SUMMERS MIRITE?

RIP Intruder you were more tolerant than we deserved. Except for my awesome portland scum portmanteau joke you probated me for that was awesome It wasn't I deserved it

I'm looking at your rap sheet and I've never probated you

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

Northern California is in the midst of getting caught up with all the drought all at once.

We're supposed to get 5-6 inches of rain in the next three days and I think I might drown

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a neat cape posted:

We're supposed to get 5-6 inches of rain in the next three days and I think I might drown

sorry you are a manlet

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

I swear to God that living in San Diego may be sapping my ability to survive cold weather, but I will never ever be this wimpy about rain, especially in a drought.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I swear to God that living in San Diego may be sapping my ability to survive cold weather, but I will never ever be this wimpy about rain, especially in a drought.

Oh I like that it's raining, just saying that San Diego isn't really designed for that much rain that fast. Gonna be a ton of flooding and car accidents.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If a city can be brought down by six goddamned inches of rain it deserves all it gets.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Flooding and accidents aren't really related to the amount of rain, but how quickly it falls. Six inches in a single day is a ton and will likely overwhelm the drainage systems, resulting in flooding and property damage.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Having said that I'm thinking of eating lunch at one of the Indian places in Midway tomorrow so I hope the rain doesn't make San Diego drivers too loving awful, although that's a lot like wishing Jed York would undergo a spontaneous spiritual conversion and become a good owner.

swickles posted:

Flooding and accidents aren't really related to the amount of rain, but how quickly it falls. Six inches in a single day is a ton and will likely overwhelm the drainage systems, resulting in flooding and property damage.

It's six inches over three days though.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 20, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

iospace posted:

Fixed.

I know lol California weather but I wasn't being hyperbolic. Northern California is mostly out and it's been mostly the last month as the last push.

SoCal continues to be hosed and continues to keep their lovely existence intact by stealing our water though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

On the other hand San Diegans are weak and cannot put up with weather of any sort other than perfect. For evidence I offer SA2K and I don't think he'd disagree.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
On the other hand 6 inches in a day is enough to make your mom unable to walk so

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Sandy "only" dumped 4 to 8 inches of rain in New York and New Jersey and that basically broke the city. People hear about inches of rain and simply think "only an onch or two, whatever" when in reality its a gently caress load of rain. People are really bad at estimating rainfall and even worse at translating the data into an approximate amount.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

Sandy "only" dumped 4 to 8 inches of rain in New York and New Jersey and that basically broke the city. People hear about inches of rain and simply think "only an onch or two, whatever" when in reality its a gently caress load of rain. People are really bad at estimating rainfall and even worse at translating the data into an approximate amount.

This is true but we should concentrate on making fun of Ross here.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

This is true but we should concentrate on making fun of Ross here.

Normally I would agree, but the dude just lost his football team, let's be a little sympathetic. Spanos already dunked on him, we don't need to be continually making the "and 1" gesture.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

swickles posted:

Normally I would agree, but the dude just lost his football team, let's be a little sympathetic. Spanos already dunked on him, we don't need to be continually making the "and 1" gesture.

Go back to saving lives, we're busy re-enacting Lord of the Flies now that Intruder lost the conch

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Go back to saving lives, we're busy re-enacting Lord of the Flies now that Intruder lost the conch

It's all fun and games until somebody gets their head smashed by a rock

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Whooping Crabs posted:

It's all fun and games until somebody gets their head smashed by a rock

Then it's REALLY a party!

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Spoeank posted:

On the other hand 6 inches in a day is enough to make your mom unable to walk so

I saw this and laughed even if everyone else was too mature

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sucks to your asmar

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

But by the way, the Steelers have the flu?

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

iospace posted:

Fixed.

We're in the prime years of global warming right now.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

fsif posted:

Typhoid Tommy.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

a patagonian cavy posted:

ok eifert can go back to the pro bowl

i'm glad the bengals lost

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

fsif posted:

Patriots cheating knows no bounds.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

cheesetriangles posted:

Belichick's bio-warfare makes Fallout 4 come true. :zombie:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

HEY GUYS LET'S GET THIS WEATHER CHAT GOING PNW SUMMERS BEST SUMMERS MIRITE?

RIP Intruder you were more tolerant than we deserved. Except for my awesome portland scum portmanteau joke you probated me for that was awesome It wasn't I deserved it

I quoted 'Idiocracy' once and got probated by MV.

Good times...

I will miss you Intruder. I can't wait for our inevitable Tangerine Tiny-hands mod to take over and poo poo this sub all up. :(

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Jazz isnt really dying but it's a niche art now. Even across Seattle and its suburbs there are only a handful of jazz clubs. But the lead singer of that band in La La Land has a point about jazz being experimental.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cheesetriangles posted:

flu infected towels.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
First the ball boy. Now the towel boy. Is there no one safe from Brady and Belichick's dastardly influence?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

(good) Ravens LB Zach Orr is retiring at age 24. He was a UDFA in 2014 and this year was playing through a cracked bone in his shoulder that affected his neck, and that prompted him to retire.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Dear, TFF: does anyone have the Rex Grossman video with the guy singing Let it Go from Frozen? Need to send it to a friend from Chicago and I can't find it anywhere on the internet. tia

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

swickles posted:

It wasn't the rain that flooded everything in Sandy. It was the hurricane pushing the ocean up into the land: all the floodwaters were ocean water, not rain.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/PaulPabst/status/822462935004020737

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

evilweasel posted:

It wasn't the rain that flooded everything in Sandy. It was the hurricane pushing the ocean up into the land: all the floodwaters were ocean water, not rain.

New Jerseyan here:

This is correct. Hurricane Irene made landfall a year before but was far less destructive even though it technically dumped more rain on the area.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Where we're going, we don't need clocks to tell time.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

AFC Championship quarterbacking:

2016: Brady vs Ben
2015: Brady vs Peyton
2014: Brady vs Luck
2013: Brady vs Peyton
2012: Brady vs Flacco
2011: Brady vs Flacco
2010: Ben vs Sanchez
2009: Peyton vs Sanchez
2008: Ben vs Flacco
2007: Brady vs Rivers
2006: Brady vs Peyton
2005: Ben vs Peyton
2004: Brady vs Ben
2003: Brady vs Peyton

Needs more Brady IMO.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this in the intervening million pages, but 2005 was actually Ben vs. Jake Plummer lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Not everyone will get the joke, Paul

• Locked thread