Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

kimbo305 posted:

I know Das Volk's TA 2.0 is for sale

I can't remember what thread it was, but there were some pics of a wrecked blue TA Viper and there was some speculation it was his. Glad to see that's not true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

fknlo posted:

I can't remember what thread it was, but there were some pics of a wrecked blue TA Viper and there was some speculation it was his. Glad to see that's not true.

Actually it was. I PMd him. Not him driving though.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

I'm curious how the payment stuff will go. Jymmybob in the Porsche thread complained about how harsh the payment rules are for bidding -- your card gets charged a big deposit right away. His card's fraud detection went off, and he couldn't get the thing squared away before the auction ended. Granted BaT has a 2-min extension per bid at the end, but doesn't seem very friendly.
Their cut is 5%, so the buyer pays 105% of the winning bid.

I have only bid on low price stuff but they only put a $250 hold on my card each time

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

kimbo305 posted:

Their cut is 5%, so the buyer pays 105% of the winning bid.

I didn't realize that the buyer pays the percentage; I assumed that the percentage was taken out of the final sale price. BAT has a commission cap of like $5k or something like that which makes it cool when stuff like Porsche 959's are sold

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
Sad to see this go, was really cool reading about it!

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

everdave posted:

I have only bid on low price stuff but they only put a $250 hold on my card each time

When I put in my bid in November they hit me with a $1550 charge the second I clicked bid which tripped the fraud prevention. In the future I'd bid a few hours early at a low amount to get the card cleared and while it's my fault for waiting for 2 minutes left to bid, I still re-bid with 5 seconds left :mad:

It ended up being a blessing in disguise though because I got a better deal a couple weeks later on Ebay.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It's live! Sooner than I expected, given all the talk of queuing. Ends at 3:10pm, which is an ok time, I guess.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-ferrari-348-ts-targa/

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

CharlesM posted:

Actually it was. I PMd him. Not him driving though.

So that's why his thread died back in May.

E: Nice listing! oh god, there's a comment section on BaT? :barf:

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 19, 2017

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

BloodBag posted:

So that's why his thread died back in May.

E: Nice listing! oh god, there's a comment section on BaT? :barf:

The thread died because I just wasn't doing anything with the car, and I don't really have time to keep up with the forum anymore. A friend of mine was dying to drive it, and had driven my black car as well, but he made the mistake of letting his girlfriend drive the car. Its value started climbing once they announced the end of production, so I ended up owning both cars for free essentially. Sad it went out the way so many of them do though.

Edit for those who care:
Project.next is either building a dedicated hillclimbing/track car or buying a friend's McLaren 650S. I love the Viper but it's limited at my event's altitude, and building another one doesn't scratch the car ADD itch anymore.

Das Volk fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 19, 2017

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I see what you mean about the listing. The wording is clinical and completely focuses on any issues that exist. I have a feeling that will push you down a bit in final bidding.

Good luck!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The commenters have been pretty positive on the white color, though. More than I could have hoped for.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kimbo305 posted:

The commenters have been pretty positive on the white color, though. More than I could have hoped for.

Probably because white is the best color for Ferraris. Red can gently caress right off.

Thanks for sharing this car with us. If you do sell this thing and somebody comes to pick it up, ask if they want the Charger too :v:.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
White owns and the comments are pretty good once the autistic dudes got their word in. Good luck, this thread made me look hard at similar cars because it's such a (relative) value.

edit: jags in the barn is such a world class retard that I wish I could downvote him into oblivion but it's sad he has the best feedback score in comments

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

There's a typo in the middle of that first paragraph, if it matters.

quote:

...aftermarket carbon lip guard, and more detailed blow.

Blow should be below, right? Or maybe not

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's a white Ferrari, i think that's right.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I was hoping for more bids up front, but honestly haven't scrutinized other auctions enough to know when they tend to happen.

ought ten posted:

There's a typo in the middle of that first paragraph, if it matters.

Blow should be below, right? Or maybe not

Explains why the detailing guy charged so much.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Any BAT registered goons should flag posts that are BS. I have to tell you this listing does not strike me as being well written. I have pretty much read every BAT listing in the past 5 years and this one does seem to focus on flaws. But overall the response is good I would say.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

everdave posted:

Any BAT registered goons should flag posts that are BS. I have to tell you this listing does not strike me as being well written. I have pretty much read every BAT listing in the past 5 years and this one does seem to focus on flaws. But overall the response is good I would say.

Yeah, I flagged that Jags dude and am curious if they'd actually remove an useless comment from a site veteran.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

everdave posted:

I have to tell you this listing does not strike me as being well written. I have pretty much read every BAT listing in the past 5 years and this one does seem to focus on flaws.

Yeah, a lot of listings have this groundswell of "this is a cool and interesting car that you will enjoy," but that never comes out by the end of the ad.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, that's a super negative ad. The guy really seems hard-pressed to say anything nice about it. Thumbs down on the writing. I'd be pretty upset if I paid somebody $250 to write that ad about my car.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I never asked how much input was acceptable from the seller. I definitely didn't want to be the guy who just did everything and demanded his way.
Once the draft is up, you can go back and forth indefinitely, until you're happy. I only asked for revisions for accuracy.

charliemonster42 posted:

The guy really seems hard-pressed to say anything nice about it.

I like where he says "the driver's seat is pretty worn, but so is the passenger seat." Come on -- the passenger seat isn't that bad!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
The write up on 100k Mile BMW wagons is practically dripping wet compared to this one. I think you got a poo poo writer and I would complain but overall comments are positive. Seriously go read the past ten BMW wagon auction listings then read this one.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

kimbo305 posted:

I never asked how much input was acceptable from the seller. I definitely didn't want to be the guy who just did everything and demanded his way.
Once the draft is up, you can go back and forth indefinitely, until you're happy. I only asked for revisions for accuracy.

I like where he says "the driver's seat is pretty worn, but so is the passenger seat." Come on -- the passenger seat isn't that bad!

He's personally seen the car? Or just the pics?

Whatever happens I personally wouldn't be disappointed with it. I was a little put down with the posting but it's over and done with now. I like white Italian cars and judging from the comments so do a lot of them.

Good luck.

Edit: This guy got listed right behind you. Reserve seems pretty low to me. http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-bmw-m-coupe-5/

Mr-Spain fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 20, 2017

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Mr-Spain posted:

He's personally seen the car? Or just the pics?

You fill out a form with basic info and an initial set of pics.
BaT decides if they want to work with you, and if so, assign the writer to your case. They'll ask for details and more pictures. They draft the rest from that.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

kimbo305 posted:

I was hoping for more bids up front, but honestly haven't scrutinized other auctions enough to know when they tend to happen.

The general pattern I've noticed is a couple of bids right off the bat, then maybe another bid or two over the next several days, then actual bids on the last day.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

kimbo305 posted:

You fill out a form with basic info and an initial set of pics.
BaT decides if they want to work with you, and if so, assign the writer to your case. They'll ask for details and more pictures. They draft the rest from that.

I forget you mentioned it. My bad.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I mean at one point BaT actually live up to its name and posted a lot of terrifying projects, weird poo poo, and hoopties before the auctions made it The Porsche Auction Site Of The Universe. Maybe you just got a dude from back in that era that was like gently caress it I'd rather write about brown manual wagons than a Ferrari. You can tell the writer just has no interest at all in the car.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
i like all the forum care bears that point out how a service is coming up even though it is in the drat ad. I guess there is an army of them they post constantly about 996 IMS too so much that is has turned into a running joke.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Do you guys think I'm talking too much in the comments section? I don't want to give off the impression that I'm desperate to sell because something's wrong with all the point by point responses.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I don't think so as long as it's responding to questions. I always pester the poo poo out of sellers and when they're active and responsive it's reassuring.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jymmybob posted:

I don't think so as long as it's responding to questions. I always pester the poo poo out of sellers and when they're active and responsive it's reassuring.

+1

If you're just responding to queries in a succinct, yet polite way, I would say that's actually a plus.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

If I were bidding or considering bidding, having an active seller that is responsive and involved would be a big plus to me.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
As long as people are asking questions I think it is fine to respond

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Looks like the comments are very positive and you're gaining a good rep there, that's great! Good luck with getting some bidding action over the next couple days!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

Looks like the comments are very positive and you're gaining a good rep there, that's great! Good luck with getting some bidding action over the next couple days!

I'll need it. This is the closet comparison: http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-ferrari-348/

Unknown mileage and belt service interval, but great interior shape.
23 bids, with 10 being on the last day, and several early ones being not realistic.
If I get several bids on the last day, hopefully low to mid 30s. Who knows.

It's cool to get a good reputation, but not that useful when I'm not selling several cars through there!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The comments are making me want one, drat I never imagined a Ferrari could be DIY mechanic, parts bin friendly.

...I would need one already curb rashed and paint chipped though, cause I'd drive it mean.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I hear there is one with a few paint chips and a bit of curb rash for sale on bat right now. Maybe you should put in a bid!

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Jfc, that loving scwarzhorse guy. "I feel you dont have THE PASSION for these cars". gently caress that guy with a rake, I'm almost tempted to register just gently caress with him, but a goonrush of BaT might not work out in your favour...

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Jfc, that loving scwarzhorse guy. "I feel you dont have THE PASSION for these cars". gently caress that guy with a rake, I'm almost tempted to register just gently caress with him, but a goonrush of BaT might not work out in your favour...

I've had a bunch of people with same attitude every time I've tried to sell anything (much lower value items, though), they try to denigrate your item and your dedication to it, because they want to drive down the price. Never quite to this level, though.

One guy did try to run this routine on me when I was selling the Panda. Saying that it was way overpriced, pointing out completely normal wear items as "low-quality" and "obvious DIY fixes", and that I should give him a call when I was actually serious about selling it. At a much lower price, obviously. Joke's on him, because gently caress that noise. I sold it at my asking price a month later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I see Sperglord Firecock has gotten into ferraris recently

• Locked thread