Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sigma-X posted:

There are no modern decks that run damnation, right? It's just an expensive Commander card?

Eternal Masters would be a better place for it then.

Showing up in actual Modern decks was never a prerequisite for a card being rare or mythic in a Modern Masters set. Remember in the first one they filled five mythic slots with that dragon cycle from Kamigawa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have to admit that the mono black control dorks getting so horned up for a damnation reprint sort of makes me enjoy it never getting reprinted, but the fact that its extremely expensive makes me feel conflicted about all of the times i have caused others pain

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Modern Masters 3 will have a expedition rarity foil checklist cards that have 2 options on them. They will print Delver of Secrets and Huntmaster of the Fells on the same one.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Seeing them replace tokens with cards that are single-sided, single card checklists would actually be neat. And then they could foil / expedition them too if they want.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Hmm, if you had a Delver that was somehow misprinted with a normal back, would it be legal to play?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pretty good video from Owen on the bans....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjy91wjIB4Y

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

mcmagic posted:

Pretty good video from Owen on the bans....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjy91wjIB4Y

Looks like Owen has gotten a bit pudgy. (Unless his camera just has a weird scoping effect.)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

AlternateNu posted:

Looks like Owen has gotten a bit pudgy. (Unless his camera just has a weird scoping effect.)

I only really watch Pro Tours and it seems like he goes up and down a lot, e.g. sometimes he looks like he's let himself go and sometimes he looks reasonably in shape.

KillarySwank
Jun 24, 2013

Lemon Flavoured

Angry Grimace posted:

I only really watch Pro Tours and it seems like he goes up and down a lot, e.g. sometimes he looks like he's let himself go and sometimes he looks reasonably in shape.

He's just getting ready for PT Aether Revolt

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Entropic posted:

Showing up in actual Modern decks was never a prerequisite for a card being rare or mythic in a Modern Masters set. Remember in the first one they filled five mythic slots with that dragon cycle from Kamigawa?

I am pretty sure if you look at the other mythics it's pretty clear what was being played had a role in the cards they selected. The first modern masters has kicked the poo poo out of the other masters sets.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

I am pretty sure if you look at the other mythics it's pretty clear what was being played had a role in the cards they selected. The first modern masters has kicked the poo poo out of the other masters sets.

I pulled this up on the Dawnglare price visualizer and God drat, you weren't kidding. Too bad I was unemployed for the scant few weeks that packs were available! :negative:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I pulled this up on the Dawnglare price visualizer and God drat, you weren't kidding. Too bad I was unemployed for the scant few weeks that packs were available! :negative:

Who wants to buy a mma2013 box!?!

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I got the itch again and picked up a cheap Temur energy deck on modo after not playing since the BFZ prerelease. May god have mercy on my soul.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

C-Euro posted:

Holy poo poo, every version of Path to Exile is over :10bux: now? And Doubling Season is over $60? I might have to sell some cards.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Glad I was winning enough to get a full set of the Bastion promo back when they decided to do some good fnm promos. Still like the Guay one more though.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

Holy poo poo, every version of Path to Exile is over :10bux: now? And Doubling Season is over $60? I might have to sell some cards.

I own a playset of FNM Bastion Paths and i cant bring myself to cash in because they're so nice.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

I own a playset of FNM Bastion Paths and i cant bring myself to cash in because they're so nice.

Bastion and semen visions are the only versions of the cards worth playing.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
If Bribery is going to continue to be Modern legal they need to put it in Modern Masters so I can play it in draft for personal amusement.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone have the GW tokens list Brad Nelson posted today?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

C-Euro posted:

Alot of those cards were much cheaper when MM1 was printed. Some of them have gotten crazy stupid like Bridge and Finks. So many of the Commons/uncommons too exploded for the burn, dredge, and ritual decks. I had a dozen lava spikes from drafting and sold them all for a buck each.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Entropic posted:

sucks bad 'cause I have a dumb WG brew that relies on path for removal and after proxying it a bit I need to buy them :(

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm just glad I cared about Standard long enough to get my Path and Visions 4x playset FNM promos.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Just ran this at draft tonight. Went 2-1, lost to overly efficient B/W fabricate. Still loved getting 3-7 Gonti triggers a game.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 20, 2017

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

its me glenda posted:

Just ran this at draft tonight. Went 2-1, lost to overly efficient B/W fabricate. Still loved getting 3-7 Gonti triggers a game.

I got 2 Gonti's in a modo draft once; can confirm it owns, and flickering them to oblivion owns.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does Wotc's new team initiative break up the old large testing groups, or are the new divisions mostly superficial?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Does Wotc's new team initiative break up the old large testing groups, or are the new divisions mostly superficial?

It doesn't mean a thing for testing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The only people I know who are celebrating Dear Leader Trump's ascendance today on my Facebook wall are people I met through Magic....

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

The only people I know who are celebrating Dear Leader Trump's ascendance today on my Facebook wall are people I met through Magic....

I still lol at that pats fan who posts in sas that he went to the emergency room and was contemplating suicide and was asking for people to check on him

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Most of the cops I work with are pretty jazzed.

My magic friends on the other hand are for the most part very unhappy about the situation, since we have a humongously nerdy quaker college in my neck of the woods, there are lots of left leaning nerds. That being said, the most fervent and vocal Trumpenreich supporters out here are people I have met through magic/board game groups.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Almost all of my magic friends are judges and are therefore extremely upset about this. One just came out as trans, which must take tremendous bravery at a time like this.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Almost all of my magic friends are judges and are therefore extremely upset about this.

I don't quite understand the causality there.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

uninverted posted:

I don't quite understand the causality there.

Almost every judge i know is, even if not politically engaged, very socially liberal and has a number of LGBT friends.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Almost every judge I know rushes to volunteer for a billion dollar company. Where does that land on the scale?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Almost every judge I know rushes to volunteer for a billion dollar company. Where does that land on the scale?

They really, really love Magic the game and wish WOTC would pull their heads out of their asses?

We're not WOTC drones. We volunteer (I mean, we do get paid, but come on) because we love the game, we want to make the experience for the players the best it can possibly be, and we want to create a welcoming environment so that everyone can enjoy magic (especially since a small but vocal group of nerds seem intent on making it as exclusive and unwelcoming as possible).

This seems deraily; people were talking about their MTG friends' reactions to <current event>, so I provided mine. I'm not bragging about how wonderfully tolerant judges are, just that they trend socially liberal, and I think a not-insignificant portion of them got into judging to make the scene less toxic.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Snacksmaniac posted:

i dont think you can ascribe any political intent to that because wotc has fostered this sort of attitude around their entire game that they have no money and need free labor and that if you TRULY loved magic you'd endure their terrible treatment of these free employees

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
This company that has a plaque in their office that says "Doesn't matter, people will still buy it" and brags about it really does care about their custoFAAAAAARRRRRRT

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What's the forecast on Cat combo getting emergency banned?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
At least here on the something awful forums you can have four more years of black potus!!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

black potus posted:

At least here on the something awful forums you can have four more years of black potus!!

Forever may you reign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

black potus posted:

I would crack you for three black presidencies

I'm sorry

• Locked thread