Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
Hey, what does everyone use for automated Craiglist/eBay searches these days?
I'm going to try and corral my auto ADD and focus on one dream car and use the time saved from not obsessively checking CL to actually making that dream happen.

blk fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I use cPro for Craigslist, works well.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

fridge corn posted:

Holy poo poo which one of you is this lol http://facebook.com/profile.php?=73322363

That's meeeee :D

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Wait? Goons are fat?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Is this what being doxxed feels like? :ohdear:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Thread discussing doxxing doxxes guy reading it, irony of situation is lost.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

fridge corn posted:

Holy poo poo which one of you is this lol http://facebook.com/profile.php?=73322363

That's me. Thanks.

What's funny?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

That's me. Thanks.

What's funny?

It shows the profile of whoever clinks the link

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

blk posted:

It shows the profile of whoever clinks the link

Interesting.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Don't judge me, it hurts.. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That gag has been around since FB went public.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Rhyno posted:

The old ones are the best tho.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Doesn't mean we can't still have fun. :tipshat:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

I'm amazed people still fall for it. Also it doesn't work on mobile if you use the facebook app for your social media pissing about.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I feel sorry for you if you choose to have the Facebook app installed. The mobile site isn't as bad.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

cakesmith handyman posted:

I feel sorry for you if you choose to have the Facebook app installed. The mobile site isn't as bad.

I refuse to install apps for websites I can visit in browser.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Makes me want to get back into BEAM robotics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BEAM_robotics

I built a few BEAM robots back in middle school and high school. Looked into it again about a year back and it has not really advanced much. It doesn't help that Tilden was always very close-mouthed about his advanced designs, and for most people it was a goddamn miracle if they could get a simple bicore soldered up properly--there were very few people involved who had proper education in electronics design, so I and most others were basically just cargo-culting. Now I've got a computer engineering degree but BEAM circuits are still a little weird because they tend to use components in a different way than most normal circuits.

I still think a 4-motor (or 8-motor) walker with a microcontroller as a rider/brain would be interesting but these days I'd just as soon play with cars instead.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'm never on it long enough for that kinda thing to matter...

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

IOC I'll miss you as mod. You were one of the best.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It is still brapping around somewhere.

Good. Kinda scary that the idler arm folder up. I bent mine once, but that was my fault for hitting a curb.

quote:

It was copied & pasted off another forum which has a weird word censor. I keep meaning to edit it.

That's hilarious.

Liquid Communism posted:

So far as I can tell, bunch of offsite poo poo over Lowtax having once employed Shmorky, who has turned out to be a terrible crazy person in his private life apparently. Offsite people assdamaged because SA's not really cool with hating on trans people and openly trying to troll them off the site. They started doxxing mods and trans thread posters in the lamest, least actually effective 'doxxing' possible, and the screamy bits since have caused some drama among the staff that I don't know poo poo about and don't want to.

Jesus.
I've never really understood the gay/trans hate. I seriously don't car who fucks whom. Just don't make a big deal out of it either way.

I don't need drama on my comedy internet forum. Quite the opposite, in fact, and this is why I stay in AI. You guys are a lot less stupid than the rest of the site, and WAY less stupid than the internet as a whole.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Darchangel posted:

You guys are a lot less stupid than the rest of the site, and WAY less stupid than the internet as a whole.

The HELL I am!

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

fridge corn posted:

Youuuu bastard.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Holy poo poo one of my professors wants me to build a cool program and write a conference paper about it to hopefully publish in an IEEE PES journal this came out of nowhere im so stoked AHHHHH

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 20, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

You guys are a lot less stupid than the rest of the site, and WAY less stupid than the internet as a whole.

OBJECTION! Unsubstantiated!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Darchangel posted:

Speak for yourself please.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Darchangel posted:

That is objectively false.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
They didn't say "not stupid".

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

As an aside from forums drama...

While delivering some furniture to a friend last weekend I noticed a nice S10 parked off to the side. The engine is toast (over heated) and she either wants to sell it or have someone fix it depending on the price. Any idea what this would be worth based on this description? No rust, southern truck, automatic.

quote:

2001 4X4 Chevy s10 ZR2 package. It has a third door and third seat. Windows and door locks are electronic. it has a bed liner and sliding rear window. Miles are less than 130,000. Rebuilt transmission, new transfer case, radiator, water pump, and tires. It needs work on the engine, brakes and drivers door needs new door hinges. Dent in rear fender/bumper. Very few other dents or scratches. Still sharp looking inside and out just needs some serious TLC and know how on vehicles ( which I do not have). If you have any other questions just let me know! Thanks so much again!!

Think she said if she sold it as is she wanted $1k and a new engine is available for $800 from advance auto

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

Didnt know it existed. Neat.

Still no mods, no masters? We havent melted down yet?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Still no mods, no masters? We havent melted down yet?

Prolly 'cause we're in a continuous state of meltdown. Kinda like the Trump administration.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Seminal Flu posted:

Prolly 'cause we're in a continuous state of meltdown. Kinda like the Trump administration.

And it is only day 1

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

NitroSpazzz posted:

As an aside from forums drama...

While delivering some furniture to a friend last weekend I noticed a nice S10 parked off to the side. The engine is toast (over heated) and she either wants to sell it or have someone fix it depending on the price. Any idea what this would be worth based on this description? No rust, southern truck, automatic.

Think she said if she sold it as is she wanted $1k and a new engine is available for $800 from advance auto

It's hard to say without seeing it, but it's probably worth $3500-4K repaired. If it was mine, I would fix it. S10's with no rust are getting hard to come by.

Kinda strange that it overheated with a new radiator and water pump. It may have just popped a manifold gasket. I would look closer before tossing an engine in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well poo poo just took a turn.

I just had a visit from the police about my friend's death. Lots of uncomfortable questions. So I guess I'm a suspect?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
you've been questioned by the police a few times now, what did you say on FB to make this visit happen?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
So howd you do it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

you've been questioned by the police a few times now, what did you say on FB to make this visit happen?

I have no idea. The only things I've posted are how I'm not dealing with her death well. I was told that her husband loving hates me so maybe he's throwing out accusations.

Edit: today was the first time I'd felt sort of good too. So much for that.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fridge corn posted:

You rang?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

This is one of those magic links that automatically links to your profile isn't it?

:siren:I interrupt Modless chat:siren: to announce that I have a title! And keys! And a car that is two states away :doh: Now to arrange for shipping. If anyone has any suggestions on companies to use that would be welcomed.

Wait, what?
Aw, man.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 20, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

So howd you do it

it was the comic book dealer

in the library

with a wolverine claw

!!!!!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rhyno posted:

Well poo poo just took a turn.

I just had a visit from the police about my friend's death. Lots of uncomfortable questions. So I guess I'm a suspect?

Rhyno, I say this in the nicest way possible, but have you ever considered just packing a backpack and walking west until you hit water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Rhyno, I say this in the nicest way possible, but have you ever considered just packing a backpack and walking west until you hit water?

that will take him to the mississippi which wont exactly make things better i think

• Locked thread