Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

Nana wanted to get trippy so she was hammering the happy juice button.

I don't think we have those here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't think we have those here.
Did you guys successfully implement death panels for the elderly?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flipperwaldt posted:

Did you guys successfully implement death panels for the elderly?

They hosed it up and now we have committees of old people who want to kill all the utes.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Committees of old people, none of them nanas. What a hosed up place.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

CannonFodder posted:

Nana wanted to get trippy so she was hammering the happy juice button.

Eh, the happy juice button only lets you push it for a full dose like every fifteen minutes.

Of course with my bonkers body chemistry, morphine does squat to relieve pain. But boy howdy does it get me high! FYI, tripping while in excruciating pain is not fun.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

quote:

Sis in Law, is a top doctor at a big hospital. We're at family dinner an she is stressing as it looks like she is going to lose one of her patients as they can't find out whats wrong with her. We look on sympathetically and more than anything to break the ice I say it's probably Lupus.... She looks up thinks for a minute and gives me a hard stare. and says "Jesus, you might be right." She then gets her mobile and calls the hospital, and they run tests. Turns out it was Lupus. They treat her and she pulls through. She phones after and asks me why I thought it Lupus. I said "I said I've watched every episode of House and its always Lupus." ... But to be honest I'd no effin idea what Lupus was....

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

cool HIPAA violation

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Jerry Cotton posted:

They hosed it up and now we have committees of old people who want to kill all the utes.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Does anyone really believe a doctor thinks about your goofy rear end once they leave the hospital.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I mean my doctor doesn't even think about me when I'm there. Maybe if I offered to directly crowdfund his next house.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Stroop There It Is posted:

cool HIPAA violation

Is this really the case with no identifying information? "I have a sick patient" or "I have a patient with a glowing green appendix".

That sort of thing seems common enough among doctors I know here, but something like "I treated the Winnie the Pooh-bah when he had heart trouble" waited until after Winnie had already publicly praised him for it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh I'm sorry Fart.Bleed.Repeat; youths.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Stroop There It Is posted:

cool HIPAA violation

My living room is not a HIPAA-covered entity

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

rchandra posted:

Is this really the case with no identifying information? "I have a sick patient" or "I have a patient with a glowing green appendix".

That sort of thing seems common enough among doctors I know here, but something like "I treated the Winnie the Pooh-bah when he had heart trouble" waited until after Winnie had already publicly praised him for it.

"I have a sick patient" would probably be fine.

"My patient that we ran urgent Lupus tests on in the middle of the evening came back positive" would be more questionable.

Aside from the fact that the doctor was discussing a patient's status at dinner in sufficient detail that she would think there was an actual reason behind a diagnosis.

Real STDH: it's never Lupus.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

I've seen various versions of this.

I think people read it and then when they want to repost it a while later. All they remember is "German says joos in oven" and they improvise from there to make it happen

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

If he really watched every episode of House, he would know it's never lupus (except that one time it was).

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

As a person who worked with HIPAA information before, I'm pretty sure as long as you don't share patient identifying information, you're probably okay, but then again the rules might be more stringent for doctors, as opposed to just people handling the information. I think saying "I met with a lupus patient today" is fine, but saying even "I saw Bob Johnson today" is a big no.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What about saying "I saw Bobs johnson today?"

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

rchandra posted:

He didn't directly mention her dropping any PHI but it's super lovely to talk about your patients in public, and if you provide enough info that the patient could ostensibly be identified (even without direct PHI) I think that's a violation. I was talking about the implied conversation, not the actual imgur post.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Glagha posted:

As a person who worked with HIPAA information before, I'm pretty sure as long as you don't share patient identifying information, you're probably okay, but then again the rules might be more stringent for doctors, as opposed to just people handling the information. I think saying "I met with a lupus patient today" is fine, but saying even "I saw Bob Johnson today" is a big no.

What about "The patient had expensive RMB ringtones and tattoos while also being on medicaid and having money left over for pretzels and beer"

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Dejawesp posted:

What about "The patient had expensive RMB ringtones and tattoos while also being on medicaid and having money left over for pretzels and beer"

I had to google what RMB meant. Apparently it means nothing except you're dumb.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

an all-time classic

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Trebek posted:

It's from classic stdh about an "urban" not "needing" Medicare, or whatever. So, you're the dumb, sorry.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Low Desert Punk posted:

an all-time classic

I remember the dark days when I had the Rage Comics app on my phone.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

It's from classic stdh about an "urban" not "needing" Medicare, or whatever. So, you're the dumb, sorry.

Do you mean R&B? lol

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I also like the implication that you just give the Lupus patient some Lupex (sinosphetriclomodine HCP) and everything's better, instead of it being an incurable disease that requires varying degrees of management for the rest of the patient' life.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
The Music Defener, I'll show them my weiner

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

What might have actually happened: He commented it was lupus, the sister "gives him a hard stare. and says "Jesus, you might be right."". He, being unable to comprehend sarcasm, morphs it into some narcissistic bragfest for Imgur.

What actually happened: nothing

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Trebek posted:

Whoops! you got me. I spelled R&B wrong.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Dejawesp posted:

Whoops! you got me. I spelled R&B wrong.

Wait, did you mistype, or did you think the genre was "RMB". Like, you thought people were saying "M" instead of "and"?

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

RZA Encryption posted:

Wait, did you mistype, or did you think the genre was "RMB". Like, you thought people were saying "M" instead of "and"?

I was alt-tabbed from a raid and just rushed the whole thing phonetically from memory. But in my defense I'm very poorly read on modern mainstream music. Off the top of my head, the only R&B band I can think of was Destinys child because they were very popular when I was young.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dejawesp posted:

I've seen various versions of this.

I think people read it and then when they want to repost it a while later. All they remember is "German says joos in oven" and they improvise from there to make it happen

Martin Shkreli?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I forgot to mention: the lupus guy plugged his bandcamp link underneath his post and a shitload of people are now calling him out for it and every time he tries to defend himself he gets down-voted to hell

:allears:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejawesp posted:

I was alt-tabbed from a raid and just rushed the whole thing phonetically from memory. But in my defense I'm very poorly read on modern mainstream music. Off the top of my head, the only R&B band I can think of was Destinys child because they were very popular when I was young.

R&B is older than your parents

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Henchman of Santa posted:

R&B is older than your parents

R&B is why your parents exist.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Amnesia

quote:

This troper's friend, upon having a bad break-up and getting every other member of Drama Club pissed at her for trying to slander him afterward, fell and lightly tapped her head on the ground to try and fake amnesia, claiming to have lost memory of everything from the first day of her freshman year. What made it a true wallbanging moment was that many people without knowledge of amnesia, including at least one of her teachers, believed it. Of course, when people began to suspect that it was a charade, she suddenly began regaining memories at a very fast rate.

Fishing

quote:

This editor is proud to say that in one instance in a university cafeteria, while recounting the particularly stupid actions of another student, said student walked up behind me and sat at the same table in the middle of the conversation. Warned early enough to completely change the entire topic in the middle of a sentence and carry on, the subject of the interrupted story was confused when I received polite applause from the rest of the table at the conclusion of an apparent discussion of lobster fishing.

Acid

quote:

This troper's Cisco class had a kid who had dropped acid, and it stayed in his system, so whenever he gets too uptight, someone would crack his back. He immediately goes limp and starts tracing the invisible fly patterns with his hands with a stupid grin on his face. You could do literally anything to him while he's in LA LA land.

Seafood

quote:

This Troper learned the hard way that this can sometimes happen to people with allergies. In high school, the lunch special was fried rice. She and several of her friends ordered it and were eating it when about 1/4 of the way through the lunch period one of them (who'd been doing homework at the same time) looks alarmingly down at his plate and says:
J__: Wait a minute...does that have seafood in it?
D__: Yes.
J__: Uh oh...I'm allergic to seafood.
Me: Um, how allergic? Oh-dear-I-have-a-rash allergic or OH-GOD-OH-GOD-I'm-gonna-die allergic? Do I need to call the nurse/hospital?
J__: Oh, nothing really serious, it just messes with my brain chemistry a bit. I'm gonna be loopy for a while...
And he really was completely loopy and out there for the rest of the day. The best part? He didn't remember the second half of that day nor the first half of the next. Yeah, beware of some allergies.

Libbies

quote:

Oh god. Oh GOD. There were SEVERAL Libbies at my old high school who would do nothing but make my life hell. Being the unpopular loner didn't help either, PLUS the teachers would hardly ever listen when I tried to inform them. And when I actually fought back, they bitched about it to the teachers, who SUSPENDED ME. Ugh, thank god I'm moving schools this year... If I ever encounter one of them again, I'm going to cuntpunt them, drat the consequences.

Clique

quote:

This troper goes to a school where there is little to no social hierarchy, but VERY tight cliques. This particular high school is ruled by the student council, the football team, and the band. Band kids are generally really nice and open, but can turn viscious at non-band geeks entering the band room. This troper is regarded as the Libby of the freshman band kids. She has a reputation for being loyal, but bitchy towards people who try to inch into the band clique. This troper does not actually want to be the Libby, but her personality puts her there. This troper is not blonde, but goes from tomboy to girly girl in a blink of an eye, is asian, and can flatten any wannabe with fists or bitchiness.

PTSD

quote:

This troper went to an entire school full of Libbies. She walked away with an even worse temper than she had (which is saying a lot) and PTSD.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I wish I had time release LSD in my spine.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The gently caress is a "Libby"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I thought it was going to be some hip slang for a "liberal" but from the context of the story I guess it's just a...mean...girl? :confused:

I'm sure it's a super-trenchant commentary on a character from a Sonic-themed dating sim that somehow has ten times as many trope references as Othello, though.