Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/status/820716539380908034

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress yes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is WWN money better than ROH money?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Looking forward to that Shane Taylor singles push

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

is WWN money better than ROH money?

Historically no. Gabe keeps a tight reign on payouts but WWN is far less restrictive than ROH on third party bookings.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rovert posted:

Historically no. Gabe keeps a tight reign on payouts but WWN is far less restrictive than ROH on third party bookings.

gabe loves to spend that 3.5m on those sterling venues!!!!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

How does WWN stay in business, anyway

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Basic Chunnel posted:

How does WWN stay in business, anyway

they are getting 3.5m over 5 to run lovely venues in florida, decent ones in the north east, and pay their talent decently but not what they probably should?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Also even prior to FloSlam's involvement they were one of the only indies to run iPPVs rather than VODs, so their live gates sucking doesn't matter as much

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
More good news https://twitter.com/SeanRadican/status/821467082877440001

Signor
Oct 10, 2005
Huzzah!
I just picked up tickets for the Manhattan show in March, what are the chances of it actually being good?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Isn't Ospreay fighting Dragon Lee

That's worth the ticket alone

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: ROH adding Beyond to their list of banned promotions talent can't work with

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

:lol: ROH adding Beyond to their list of banned promotions talent can't work with
ROH is deeply shook by a food truck and a promotion that runs in a territory they visit 3 times a year.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

ROH is deeply shook by a food truck and a promotion that runs in a territory they visit 3 times a year.

they dont want their midcard to realize how much better everywhere else would book them

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

oatgan posted:

they dont want their midcard to realize how much better everywhere else would book them
Can't speak to the rest of the ROH midcard but seeing Dijak anywhere else in New England was like seeing tapes of Hogan in Japan.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm still trying to figure out where Dijack touched Stephanie McMahon to not be on the smackdown undercard right now

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

coconono posted:

I'm still trying to figure out where Dijack touched Stephanie McMahon to not be on the smackdown undercard right now

Maybe he pointed out that Steph apparently doesn't know how to smile

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: Got Yoshi-Tatsu and Hashi mixed up :doh:

Yoshi-Hashi and Volador confirmed for Supercard of Honor

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 18, 2017

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

Only bright spot so far for ROH: Volador confirmed for Supercard of Honor 11

Bad news: So is Yoshi-Hashi :lol:

what the gently caress, yoshi-hashi rules, this is uncalled for

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Yoshi-Hashi got real good over the last two years and is cool and a good guest for ROH.

Yoshi-Tatsu is the one who sucks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/821780170390372352

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Where are Matt and Jeff finding these clothes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Where are Matt and Jeff finding these clothes

Matt's jackets look like stuff Shrine puts out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/realBobbyCruise/status/822201677147213825

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Legit the most important extension ROH had left to make.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Suck it WWEailures

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Uhaacrewz posted:

Donovan Dijak appears to be finishing up here as he's not currently scheduled for anything beyond the February TV taping in Pittsburgh (although one source noted that could change). That may be a by-product of WWE interest as the word that has been making the rounds the last two weeks is that WWE isn't comfortable offering anyone who was under a ROH deal an offer until they are 60 days out of their ROH deal expiring, obviously because they don't want to be accused of contract tampering. So, it's a case of talents now having to give notice to ROH, then wait a few months while working the indy scene to see if they will get a WWE offer. That likely explains why Kyle O'Reilly disappeared after his contract expired on 12/31.

From pwinsider

This what Meltzer was cryptically referring to on WOR two weeks ago re: contract tampering. Allegedly/apparently Corino's NXT tryout displayed on the WWE website was contract tampering. So ROH sent WWE a legal letter. Dijak aren't the only ones effected. Use you imagination who is.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

the soulless, black eyes of that painting will haunt me to my dying days

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rovert posted:

This what Meltzer was cryptically referring to on WOR two weeks ago re: contract tampering. Allegedly/apparently Corino's NXT tryout displayed on the WWE website was contract tampering. So ROH sent WWE a legal letter. Dijak aren't the only ones effected. Use you imagination who is.

See, that seems... bad for ROH. Like, if I'm a wrestler with aspirations for WWE/NXT then if I sign with ROH I do so knowing that if WWE/NXT shows interest it will be months before I can sign a contract, after which they could have moved on or I could have gotten hurt? If I'm understanding that right it seems like a tough thing to sell wrestlers on when ROH doesn't feel all that special these days.

Unless they pay awesome.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Bad in the short term maybe, and lovely for KO, Dijak, etc., but in the long term it's probably a good thing to put their foot down on WWE trying to undermine their contracts.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Got tickets to the Toronto War of the Worlds show. It's a Sunday so I assume it's a tv taping. Either way hopefully I get to see some awesome NJPW guys. I'll have to start watching some ROH to see who I need to pay attention to, outside of my main man Dalton Castle and Will Ospreay

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Hmm.. sign with Evolve with a lot of freedom to work and a direct pipeline into WWE or sign with ROH who will actively try to keep you from making money.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MagicCube posted:

Bad in the short term maybe, and lovely for KO, Dijak, etc., but in the long term it's probably a good thing to put their foot down on WWE trying to undermine their contracts.

unless ROH is handing out lifechanging money, those contracts ain't poo poo and not worth enforcing.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

coconono posted:

unless ROH is handing out lifechanging money, those contracts ain't poo poo and not worth enforcing.

ROH are handing out life changing contracts to certain workers and average to mediocre ones to others. If you don't defend the mediocre contracts the same way you'd defend the great ones you delegitimize every contract you have.

It's kind of crazy how people think it's a bad thing that a smaller wrestling company is trying to protect itself from a larger monopolistic company tampering with it's contracted talent. ROH is the villain for defending itself, not the WWE for instigating the whole situation?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yeah but if you want to go work for the best and highest paying company ROH is sabotaging you from doing so.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah but if you want to go work for the best and highest paying company ROH is sabotaging you from doing so.

No they aren't. The WWE are the ones who are waiting the 60 days. I don't think it's sabotaging workers to stop contract tampering. The WWE can still offer contracts right after they expire, but they're choosing to wait a bit just to be safe. Like I said, sucks in the short term, but in the long term it's better for both the company and the wrestlers.

quote:

WWE isn't comfortable offering anyone who was under a ROH deal an offer until they are 60 days out of their ROH deal expiring, obviously because they don't want to be accused of contract tampering

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Contract tampering is bad just like the WWE.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If WWE tampered, then ROH is in the right. If WWE didn't and ROH is being petty with the threats, then ROH is dumb as gently caress.

Regardless of the tampering thing in relation to WWE, ROH seems to find countless other ways to hamstring itself and it seems like the NJPW connection is pretty much the only thing making ROH a desirable destination for talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Muddy Burphy posted:

Hmm.. sign with Evolve with a lot of freedom to work and a direct pipeline into WWE or sign with ROH who will actively try to keep you from making money.

About that pipeline...

• Locked thread