Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

veedubfreak posted:

Something occurred to me last night. IF they are making it so that you only need 1 mech to fully skill up, how is this going to affect the pricing of omnimechs, since now there is literally no reason to buy 3 mechs every time they release a new variant. Or am I thinking farther along than this game is still going to be around?

I don't think we can rely on pgi to implement what they think they want.

Still, it would be nice to just buy one mech instead of three to master it, even if it meant dumping the exact amount of grind time onto one mech instead of spreading it over three. I don't even give a gently caress about clan mechs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Magwai posted:

My Warhammer is already pretty CGA-riffic, but that Pink could add a little something to it.

Pink, teal, and purple is the color choice of champions - particularly with that paint job.

e: and by champions I mean tier 3 scrubs who only log in like once every six months

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Pattonesque posted:

I always find the modpud references old, considering modpud was banned for using Helios, not aim botting. Both constitute cheating, mind you, but aim botting is a lot more heinous than seeing through walls imo. Either way, the joke is old, seems the only people who bring it up are scrub shitlords like GIRL and WoL, who are ironically from the same retarded ilk anyway

I like this one. Where did you find this at?

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
All true. Gg close, tryhards.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Lonjon posted:

I like this one. Where did you find this at?

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/5ozc0o/hello_modpud_is_that_you/dcncc8c/

YOUR READING COMPREHENSION GOOD SIR

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

For the redditaverse:

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
:h:I love you guys. You retarded ilk are the best!:h:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
There is a very angry pubbie trying to argue with pattonesque and its the source of hilarious things like this:

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Magwai posted:

My Warhammer is already pretty CGA-riffic, but that Pink could add a little something to it.

Why the gently caress do I play this awful game

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
Are you a scrub? Possibly a shitlord?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Hell yes time to poo poo up that thread until it gets closed down

edit: be sure to report that guy for aimbotting in the subreddit

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 20, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Azuth0667 posted:

There is a very angry pubbie trying to argue with pattonesque and its the source of hilarious things like this:

Isn't Helios an aim bot too?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Isn't Helios an aim bot too?

:thejoke:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Aspergatory is an amazing username.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thx, rip KissMyCloaca

:siren:Locust Swam Night:siren:

When: Saturday, 5pm Pacific time (8pm eastern).

What: Bring locusts, hoping more for lots of laser ECM pirates banes. Maybe a few 5m or 3e's. Paint them all black so everything looks the same, makes it hard to focus just one especially while wizzing around with ECM. For our bigs i would prefer anything with ECM to get max tonnage, so probably DD-C's. I can pilot one if i gotta

Ill be recording our matches and uploading them or doing a highlight supercut depending on how badly it goes. Got everything setup to record mumble audio and in game comms so all can witness your nasally unfunny comments

Bring alcohol

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 20, 2017

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
It's cute, since you and your teammates and friends in WoL regularly accuse us of cheating when we curb stomp you in group queue. For the amount of time that it has been going on, if we were actually cheating, our teams would have been banned. If you think calling players cheaters without any evidence is funny, well it isn't and none of us on the other side are laughing about it, only laughing at your shameful lack of class when it comes to losing.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
goons having class is the real joke

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Skoll posted:

goons having class is the real joke

I told him as much, like ... if you're going to make high-minded appeals to shame and class and whatnot you're probably not going to make much headway

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Commoners posted:

No reason to have arm armor when it doesn't have anything in them, so most of the variants will be saving tonnage by doing that. IMO the three good variants are pretty drat close to being an ideal 30 ton mech.

I'd say it'll honestly be probably the second best light for the IS, but comparing any of the lights to the locust is kind of unfair with how good that little poo poo is. IMO the locust's performance profile is kind of the baseline that all the lights should be hovering around.

It's not a patch on the glorious urbanmech you heathen :argh:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

For the amount of time that it has been going on, if we were actually cheating, our teams would have been banned.

this would require that pgi be doing any work whatsoever to track down cheating, which, lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cease to Hope posted:

this would require that pgi be doing any work whatsoever to track down cheating, which, lol

One of the most WTF things I saw in MWO was spectating a very blatently wallhacking aimbotting dakka dire wolf that was still owned by a lone spider.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Got Ace of Spades in a VPR-C!

Ate up the enemy's unresponsive LRM line then chased down their advance back to front. I guess nobody was communicating.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:stare:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Bobcats posted:

Ate up the enemy's unresponsive LRM line then chased down their advance back to front. I guess nobody was communicating.

Congratulations man! What was the loadout?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Banano posted:

round up everyone who plays this game and put them in gas chambers :hitler:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Bobcats posted:

god drat

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm very tempted to try the javelin pack since I love lights

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Artificer posted:

Congratulations man! What was the loadout?

Honestly I think it was stock with the flamer replaced by an ERSL.

Switched to 3 MPL 4 MG because the range is better.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

ZenVulgarity posted:

unfortunately :pgi: hates them

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

You have no idea.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
the purge of the untermechs has begun. 3 matches 3 wins so far

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Now you need to do Mao and Stalin too to get a trifecta of crimes against humanity.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Zernach posted:

Now you need to do Mao and Stalin too to get a trifecta of crimes against humanity.

I don't know why but this really makes me like the idea of a splatclops named POL POT. Wouldn't even have to buy many letters for that.

Also hats off the Bobcats for your ace of spades. Not only did you do it in a Viper, you also pulled in eight solo kills. Most AoS posters get, like, two with the rest being luck.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Notes are up for Tuesday.
http://mwomercs.com/news/2017/01/1698-patch-notes-14101-24jan2017

Heh, there are 2 new duct tape cockpit items for all your Urbanmech needs.

Warhams getting nerfed.

Huntsmans getting nerfed now that you can buy them for cbills, shocking really.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 21, 2017

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

Notes are up for Tuesday.
http://mwomercs.com/news/2017/01/1698-patch-notes-14101-24jan2017

Heh, there are 2 new duct tape cockpit items for all your Urbanmech needs.

Warhams getting nerfed.

Also interesting -- the non-D-DC and -S Atlases had their structure bonuses converted to armor

so something like ... this?

AS7-D

Might be viable now that it's packing 145 points of CT armor and 100 in the side torsos

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
at work, cant check, but is the D more armored than the RS? If not the RS may be better, packing all the lasers in the arms, unless you prefer the ct zombie setup

ThirdLight
Jun 7, 2003

Bentai posted:

Get in mumble is the easiest way.
mumble.goonrathi.com 64738
p/w: mellon

Thanks! Sorry so late, i was on a work trip. Crazy thing is it all looks convoluted to even drop. lol

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

veedubfreak posted:

Especially impressed that they didn't nerf the hero pods while nerfing all the CB options prior to release, even though the hero pods are the best ones already.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Bushwacker's quirks are complete garbage, what a shock.

Edit: And Dragon Flame nerfs, haha. Now there's a `Mech that needed to lose its structure bonuses.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kife4Wywq4

In this video: Banano getting lucky

• Locked thread