Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
So, this would be my first Nep adventure (Megadimension Neptunia VII) and I'm a bit stuck on even the first level of all things.

Cant seem to progress past a certain point due to lack of HP restoring and Save points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Plutia, Peashy, IF, Compa, Tamsoft, Arfoire and Warechu confirmed to be NPCs on Four Goddesses Online

IF (CV: Kana Ueda): She gathers items as an adventurer and runs a shop as her main gig. She considers working in the game as a way to relax.

Compa (CV: Kana Sakai): She runs a shop together with IF in Four Goddesses Online. Her in-game job class id Doctor.

Plutia (CV: Kana Hanazawa), Peashy (CV: Aoi Yuki): The two work together at an accessory shop in Four Goddesses Online. If you purchase any accessories sold from Plutia and Peashy’s store, it’ll change your character’s appearances. All party members can equip accessories, and you can even purchase some series recurring costumes.

Uzume Tennouboshi (CV: Mariko Honda): She plays solo for the purpose of self-improvement.

Tamsoft (CV: Ami Koshimizu): She won an early-access privilege for Four Goddesses Online from a festival lottery. She works as a blacksmith in the game, and will enhance your weapons and equipment.

Arfoire (CV: Chiaki Takahashi): She’s been addicted to Four Goddesses Online and has been growing eggplants as a gardener.

Warechu (CV: Niko): An adventurer. Since the game doesn’t offer a mouse race, this time we’ll see him appear as a human.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/20/plutia-uzume-arfoire-past-characters-set-appear-cyber-dimension-neptune/#4XMRFB3fViTQaWuq.99

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They were in the trailer, though! We knew this!

e: I met Neeko once and totally forgot she was Warechu.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZezK96sMsNY

This will be a Dengeki stream with new 4GO footage as part of the presentation. 6am EST on the 22nd.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIIKvRlRH9c

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Watched this last night.

It looks really flashy, but when you're only fighting a few enemies on a field, it also looks kinda boring.

I'm already thinking of preordering the JP LE.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, probably not the best way to show off the game's combat. At least is prettier than PBS

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I thought it looked like it might not be as stiff and slow as the other Nep brawlers, which is good. But then I watched some Nier 2, and welp.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

I thought it looked like it might not be as stiff and slow as the other Nep brawlers, which is good. But then I watched some Nier 2, and welp.

Comparing anything not by Platinum to a Platinum game is pretty unfair

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good tiny crown at the end

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Takoluka posted:

It looks really flashy, but when you're only fighting a few enemies on a field, it also looks kinda boring.

I did expect that'd happen after playing Nep vs Blanc, but it does at least look like they've made the system a lot smoother and more fluid and made enemies require more than one cursory hit to take down.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Time to Nep

(The DLC isn't on sale, no need to get anything else right now)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nep vs SeHa is £16 on Vita (and whatever in €) on the EU store at the moment too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So apparently the time limit thing in Sega Hard Girls means I can't do every quest, what should I be focusing on the first time through, the ones with the most stars?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

So apparently the time limit thing in Sega Hard Girls means I can't do every quest, what should I be focusing on the first time through, the ones with the most stars?

It absolutely does not matter. When you get to the Time Eater, just let him obliterate you, and you'll reset the limit with all the missions back.

Also, as a note, because somehow, I couldn't figure this out the second time around, every time you unlock a new floor to Toypolis, the coins and ball will reset for the previous floors. This counts as a new set of coins and a new baseball. They may or may not be missable (if you, say, activate the 3rd floor without redoing them after the second).

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

It absolutely does not matter. When you get to the Time Eater, just let him obliterate you, and you'll reset the limit with all the missions back.

Also, as a note, because somehow, I couldn't figure this out the second time around, every time you unlock a new floor to Toypolis, the coins and ball will reset for the previous floors. This counts as a new set of coins and a new baseball. They may or may not be missable (if you, say, activate the 3rd floor without redoing them after the second).

Very missable.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Got it. I wasn't sure, because I never missed them myself (and didn't know it was a thing) but was missing a random ball somewhere. I researched it on GameFAQs, and apparently, EVERYONE was missing Toypolis baseballs.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That explains so much, I've tried to help far too many people try to find those damned baseballs to no avail.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So I guess there are missions you just can't do first time in vs SeHa? Decided to do the Saturn replay mission, chose to side with Nep and she utterly clowned me even though I've been using the DLC increased exp since the start of the game. I was hoping it was a battle you're not supposed win since I hadn't saved for a bit but nope Game Over.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

So I guess there are missions you just can't do first time in vs SeHa? Decided to do the Saturn replay mission, chose to side with Nep and she utterly clowned me even though I've been using the DLC increased exp since the start of the game. I was hoping it was a battle you're not supposed win since I hadn't saved for a bit but nope Game Over.

Yeah, some of the girls will absolutely destroy you. Take advantage of Nep's buff skills and heavy attacks like Dreamcast's specials.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
I liked Neptunia U (thereby invaliding any opinion I have about anything, ever), thought Megatagmension was super disappointing, and am cautiously optimistic about 4 Goddess. Seems cool and I like the Tamsoft self-insert character.

Enemy density seems a bit sparse in what has been shown but I will take that over Megatagmension's empty maps with a blob of enemies in exactly two spots.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's the OP for NepNep Connect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hs9hezCdDQ

Try and name the exact game release each image came from.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I refuse to watch that video.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g--b9nlwnBs

Watch this one instead! The 4GO opening movie is certainly a nep opening movie.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
4 Goddesses Online is going to be not very good and I am going to buy it and 100% it anyway because that is how Neptunia goes.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The anime Gabriel DropOut makes me think of Vert or that new girl from 4GO

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

Vert would never fall for a magic wand microtransaction in an F2P game.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

But Xbox never made a portable

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

But Xbox never made a portable

They made a fairy girl in 4GO that's supposed to look like a little sister for Vert.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Her name is Bouquet, and she reminds me of Yui from Sword Art Online. Speaking of, let's talk Kiria.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

They made a fairy girl in 4GO that's supposed to look like a little sister for Vert.
What the heck is it supposed to be then? The Nvidia Shield? A Winbook?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
All the poor Zune got was an anime exclusive island.

Takoluka posted:

Her name is Bouquet, and she reminds me of Yui from Sword Art Online. Speaking of, let's talk Kiria.
I already like her more than both versions of Kirito.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

What the heck is it supposed to be then? The Nvidia Shield? A Winbook?

IIRC it was a sketch done as a joke in Dengeki magazine that got turned into a real character.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Blanc Zombies is less than $4.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/megatagmension-blanc-neptune-vs-zombies/cid=UP0031-PCSE00832_00-GEKIBLANCNEP0000

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Is better than Action Unleashed at least?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yes it's better. There's at least a bit of a story and bosses.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Neptunia Rebirths 1-3 are now available DRM Free on GOG.com

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Seems like people in Japan still can't get it on GOG, though. Was that part of the reason why it took so long to get them on GOG in the first place?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well in the case of Rebirth 1 the company doing the port managed to fix some DLC costumes that still aren't in the steam version. It could have been a bunch of bug fixes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Since I never actually play the games on PC and just dig around for unused files, I found that there were a few changes between the Steam and GOG versions of Rebirth 2 and Rebirth 3.

Nearly every game file in Rebirth 2 is a few KB larger than the original. It seems to be developers not cleaning up their work (like leaving 3 different versions of an early swamp level that many people reported crashing on.)

Rebirth 3 is slightly smaller by about 80MB. A couple levels still had PS3 textures like a 4000x4000 skybox image and they were reduced to 1024x1024.