Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Chimp Biggs is near seven stars in preparation for wedge when I level

What's next for me in cantina and gw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

ZenVulgarity posted:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/79510/ultimate-f2p-farm-route-and-squad-composition-lvl-1-85

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
My JKA is 5*, Gear VI, so I'm going to be putting him in my main team once I get him a bit more gear. My current team is QGJ (L), Ahsoka, Luminara, Old Ben, and Savage. I'll be replacing Savage with JKA, but should I also make him the leader? I'm still the better part of a month from getting Zeta Materials, sadly.

I also have a 5* Aayla. Should I work on her gear to replace Old Ben after JKA is at an acceptable level? I'll probably work on her after JKA is "done," regardless.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I did boba over QGJ and it's saved my rear end a lot in arena

Is he genoisoan spy?

ZenVulgarity fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 19, 2017

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Cactus posted:

Just shorten the battles for ships to be the same length or thereabouts as arena fights are and they would be tons better. Not "fixed" or "compelling" but at least better. A quick easy fix that would generate more interest = more instances of impulse spending. It's win win!

I tried a few fights off auto a while back to see if I was missing out on some hidden strategic depth and noticed sometimes a ship would have a multi-turn tank ability and an "immune to all damage" buff... wtf is that bullshit? Is it a bug or intended design? Normally I'd assume the former but these guys are some Frontear-tier decision-makers at times so I honestly can't tell.

You haven't read many of the ship abilities, biggs gets taunt when an enemy gets target locked, sun fac gets taunt whenever an buffed ally starts their turn, and plo koon can give an ally taunt for 2 turns. Damage immunity for all allies for 1 turn is mace's flagship ability it starts on a 20 turn cooldown but his aoe missiles grant all allies a buff that when they take their turn reduces the cooldown of the special by 1 turn. Even if they sped up all the animations, ships at high level have far more ehp than characters, granted they hit harder too but 5minute rounds would result is draws alll the time.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 19, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Chimp Biggs is near seven stars in preparation for wedge when I level

As far as GW is concerned, probably Phasma or Teebo. Both are very good in raids.

Cantina Battles, probably shoot for TFP until you unlock wedge.
Cantina Store, if you're done with Boba... QGJ, Fives, Daka are all still very good. If you're into ships, there's an argument to be made for Ashoka, but I wouldn't get her before those 3.

This buy list is somewhat dated, imo, but decent for general use.

edit: Cheers on it for prioritizing buying Jawas to unlock the crit damage challenge, though. That's a money fuckin' thing to point out. Resistance for speed mods is also important.

Jedi are also good to have a stable of, just because Yoda is kinda neato.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 19, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Taran_Wanderer posted:

My JKA is 5*, Gear VI, so I'm going to be putting him in my main team once I get him a bit more gear. My current team is QGJ (L), Ahsoka, Luminara, Old Ben, and Savage. I'll be replacing Savage with JKA, but should I also make him the leader? I'm still the better part of a month from getting Zeta Materials, sadly.

I also have a 5* Aayla. Should I work on her gear to replace Old Ben after JKA is at an acceptable level? I'll probably work on her after JKA is "done," regardless.

Yeah, JKA lead is pretty savage (unless you zeta QGJ, and then his leader is pretty amazing). Savage seems like the best to replace. I'd recommend working on Boba to replace Old Ben, and Aayla to replace Lumi. I mean, if you really want to stay thematic, you don't have to go with Boba, but he'll make your team so much better.

Mr. Neutron posted:

If you want to be top in arena and are working at anything else but Chaze at the moment, you are doing it wrong.

You're forgetting about GK (L), Fives, Barriss, Aayla, B2.

P.S. I'm having a blast in GW today. I just hit node 6, so we'll see how this team holds up, but I'm running 5* G8 GK, 3* G9 Chaze, Barriss, QGJ.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, JKA lead is pretty savage (unless you zeta QGJ, and then his leader is pretty amazing). Savage seems like the best to replace. I'd recommend working on Boba to replace Old Ben, and Aayla to replace Lumi. I mean, if you really want to stay thematic, you don't have to go with Boba, but he'll make your team so much better.

Ah, I didn't even think of Boba Fett. I got enough shards to unlock him when he was the monthly character, but I haven't gotten beyond that due to focusing on Ahsoka. Still, I've worked on him for Heist stuff, so it shouldn't be too long to get him going. Especially now that Ahsoka is done. Awesome! Hopefully by the time Aayla is ready I'll have Yoda at 7* and can jump right into raids. Thanks for the help!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Updated Events Schedule

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/76100/event-information

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Chilichimp posted:

Agreed, but most of them are very relevant. I would agree with Boba being a higher priority now that he's been re-worked (and I think this guide came out before then), but I find QGJ to be very very good, maybe still better than Boba. He's definitely more important than Daka and Fives, though, mostly for Credit Heist use.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cidrick posted:

Agreed, but most of them are very relevant. I would agree with Boba being a higher priority now that he's been re-worked (and I think this guide came out before then), but I find QGJ to be very very good, maybe still better than Boba. He's definitely more important than Daka and Fives, though, mostly for Credit Heist use.

Chilichimp posted:

ZenVulgarity posted:

I updated the OP's recommended farm list to include Boba in Cantina Credits. I think this is still pretty spot on.

Malgrin posted:

Priority Heroes (Roughly in order):
LS/DS Hard mode: Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Rey, Daka.
Cantina battles: Lando, Wedge, Tie Fighter Pilot, Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, Old Ben, Chief Chirpa
Cantina credits: Boba, QGJ, Daka, Fives, Hoth Rebel Scout
Arena credits: Stormtrooper Han, IG-88, Admiral Ackbar, Leia
Galactic War credits: Lumi, Teebo, Biggs, Phasma, Poggle, IG-86

Scoundrels for Credit Heist (THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT): STH (Arena), IG-88 (Arena), Lando (Cantina), Boba Fett (Hard, Cantina Tokens), 1 more of whatever crap you feel like farming. You really just need a couple of those first ones at high power to get through it, and STH and Lando double as rebels, so worth it.
Easiest Jedi for Yoda event: Lumi (GW), JC (Cantina Battles/Hard), Eeth Koth (Arena), QGJ (Cantina), Barriss (Cantina Battles, Hard)
Best Rebels for Palp event: AA (Arena), STH (Arena), Lando (Cantina), Wedge (Cantina), Biggs (GW). Alternates: HRScout (Cantina Credits), Leia (Arena).

I'm going to go add guild credit recommendations now

Malgrin posted:

Guild Credits: Rex, Sun Fac, Darth Maul, Jawa Engineer
Ship shipments*: Rex, Sun Fac, Darth Maul, Wedge

*I would recommend farming ships with ship shipments (see the next post down for more info about ships) so that you can unlock the zeta challenge, but if you don't feel like bothering, then farm these heroes

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 19, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cidrick posted:

Boba is a top tier arena toon now, so I think he's better than Daka and Fives. On top of the fact that is a dark-side dispell, which is just cherry.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I'm going to go add guild credit recommendations now

some combination of JE, Rex, Sunfac, Rey

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

some combination of JE, Rex, Sunfac, Rey

I no longer really recommend working on Rey. She's not that good for much of anything at this point. She's still damage you can throw at a raid, and at some point you need her for speed challenges, but that is (probably) a long ways off for anyone following a farm guide in the OP. For early arena, I think it's best to focus on Lando, RG, Biggs, STH, and then QGJ or Boba (probably Boba at this point). Then, you sub in Wedge for RG once you make that transition. Early on, Rey is better than Biggs, but you'll get Biggs starred up so much faster I'm not even sure that's worth it.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Approaching point of no return on my Chaze. Just confirming they are worth gearing up if they are only at 3 star over my empire team. Also if I do Chaze/wiggs/lando where do the speed mods go?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Approaching point of no return on my Chaze. Just confirming they are worth gearing up if they are only at 3 star over my empire team. Also if I do Chaze/wiggs/lando where do the speed mods go?

Right now, yes. In a month? Who knows.

Speed is best on Biggs and Chirrut.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Malgrin posted:

I updated the OP's recommended farm list to include Boba in Cantina Credits. I think this is still pretty spot on.

Yeah that seems pretty good to me. After thinking about it for a bit I agree that Boba is more important than QGJ, mostly because a scoundrel team is more important to get than a jedi team early on, and Boba is definitely better than QGJ in arena.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Yay, Barriss bug fix/nerf. Does this mean we should kill her first or what's the new strategy?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Yay, Barriss bug fix/nerf. Does this mean we should kill her first or what's the new strategy?

I'm not sure. If you're having trouble timing out, you can try, but she can be pretty hard to kill.

Also, this is another one of those "minor" patches that breaks everything. So far I've heard of:
Easy GW (think broken node 12 for all 12 nodes)
From Arena, rank, clicking on a profile doesn't show anything
Someone purchased Barriss' Zeta after the restart, and then got a refund + 500 crystals (the zeta refund includes 500 crystals for "any inconveniences")

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Malgrin posted:

Easy GW (think broken node 12 for all 12 nodes)

My last 3 nodes had all green teams that died from one lando barrage. I love this bug.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Straw poll:
I just pulled a +30 speed potency arrow and I'm putting it somewhere on my Empire Fett squad which I'm hoping to make my main arena team soon.

Who's more important to go first, EP or Boba? If I put it on EP, he's at 160 speed which is pretty good for my arena. He won't go before the fastest Biggs's, but he'll go ahead of everybody else. If I put it on Boba, he'll be at 178, which should make him go first most of the time (for a few weeks until everybody hits lvl 80 anyway).

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

fishtobaskets posted:

Who's more important to go first, EP or Boba? If I put it on EP, he's at 160 speed which is pretty good for my arena. He won't go before the fastest Biggs's, but he'll go ahead of everybody else. If I put it on Boba, he'll be at 178, which should make him go first most of the time (for a few weeks until everybody hits lvl 80 anyway).

Boba, ability block lands a lot more reliably than stuns and it feels a lot easier to control a fight when Boba goes first.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

Straw poll:
I just pulled a +30 speed potency arrow and I'm putting it somewhere on my Empire Fett squad which I'm hoping to make my main arena team soon.

boba

EP doesn't really require extra potency, especially if he's the leader.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
What everyone else said.

Wooo, credit heist, got another 5 mil (total). I've finally reached a point where I'm never desperate for credits -- don't get me wrong, I have plenty of heroes I want to level up for various reasons, but there isn't anyone super pressing...

I've got 35 level 85s now, and only 4 of those aren't 7* (Shoretrooper, CI, Baze, GK)

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

What everyone else said.

Wooo, credit heist, got another 5 mil (total). I've finally reached a point where I'm never desperate for credits -- don't get me wrong, I have plenty of heroes I want to level up for various reasons, but there isn't anyone super pressing...

I've got 35 level 85s now, and only 4 of those aren't 7* (Shoretrooper, CI, Baze, GK)

Scrub. I am up to 54 85s, with Shore, Baze, B2 (need to finish farming him, he is 6*), Cassian, Finn, Chirrut and Jyn all not 7*.

I'm not so sure about Zeta Vader. I guess a ton of DoTs will work well for Chaze teams when combined with Boba's execute, but for regular teams it seems like it lacks punch. My TFP isn't fully geared up yet (and no omega abilities), and I don't have optimal mods for everyone, but Vader, EP, Shore, Boba, TFP just doesn't seem that good yet.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Scrub. I am up to 54 85s, with Shore, Baze, B2 (need to finish farming him, he is 6*), Cassian, Finn, Chirrut and Jyn all not 7*.

I'm not so sure about Zeta Vader. I guess a ton of DoTs will work well for Chaze teams when combined with Boba's execute, but for regular teams it seems like it lacks punch. My TFP isn't fully geared up yet (and no omega abilities), and I don't have optimal mods for everyone, but Vader, EP, Shore, Boba, TFP just doesn't seem that good yet.

Zader, Boba, RG, Shoretrooper, +1 is really solid (hint, GK -- but realistically TFP, EP, Rex, Daka, EE, Barriss, and a whole bunch of other heroes will work here). Alternatively, Zader, Boba, GK, Chaze is pretty ridiculous.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Zader, Boba, RG, Shoretrooper, +1 is really solid (hint, GK -- but realistically TFP, EP, Rex, Daka, EE, Barriss, and a whole bunch of other heroes will work here). Alternatively, Zader, Boba, GK, Chaze is pretty ridiculous.

Zader, Boba, RG, Shoretrooper, TFP

Headin' there now! Just strapped 2 raid pieces on my TFP today. Boba just needs 1 more for GIX

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Given how easy is to ability block vader I really am not sure about zetaing him. I mean mine has 184 speed and still goes next to last and 9 out of 10 matches he is ability blocked by Boba anyway.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Given how easy is to ability block vader I really am not sure about zetaing him. I mean mine has 184 speed and still goes next to last and 9 out of 10 matches he is ability blocked by Boba anyway.

He's a low-priority target and you can't keep him locked forever.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

That's where running GK, Chirrut, Rex, or EE is really amazing with Zader -- the ability to remove those ability blocks. The alternative, of course, is to have a faster Boba. Time to go farm speed set mods...

Right now, Vader, Boba, and Maul are probably the best Zeta uses. If you've got GK and the gang, Barriss is still good, but not quite as good as she was. Other than that, I'd sit on Zetas.

e: QGJ's zeta will make offense super easy if you have a decent army of Jedi (Yoda, JKA, Aayla, +1), but I don't think it holds as well. I also like building my JKA around critting for 15-20k if anyone on my team dies or drops below 50 -- and that doesn't work as well with this team (but instead he goes really fast and still hits hard-ish).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 20, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I know you guys probably already know this, but Vader is a rare drop in fleet shipments. I saw 2 or 3 in the 1st month of ships then none up until today. It was so long between them that I thought maybe it was a promotional thing.

He's hard enough to star up that I thought it was worth mentioning. :)

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I try to keep 400 fleet credits on hand at all times just in case he pops up. Related: I have a 5* Vader now!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I finished up TFP and am looking for someone new to farm in Cantina. Should I work on replacing ST Han with SRP or are there better uses?

I have:

GS, Luke, Chewie, Lando, Jawa, Old Ben, Datcha, JC, Biggs, Mace, TFP, Ig86, Chirpa, and Wedge from Cantina.

Am I missing someone blindingly obvious?

https://swgoh.gg/u/michigancubbie/collection/

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 21, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

I finished up TFP and am looking for someone new to farm in Cantina. Should I work on replacing ST Han with SRP or are there better uses?

I have:

GS, Luke, Chewie, Lando, Jawa, Old Ben, Datcha, JC, Biggs, Mace, TFP, Ig86, Chirpa, and Wedge from Cantina.

Am I missing someone blindingly obvious?

Jedi Knight Anakin
Royal Guard
Ayala

...Finn for speed mods challenge?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't think RG is worth it anymore.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
B2, JKA, Aayla, Finn. I don't think SRP is very good, especially compared to the turn meter manipulation STHan brings to the table.

Speaking of Finn, I got him the stars to finally begin attempting the speed mod challenge. I'm going to be farming that for a while.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

I don't think RG is worth it anymore.

I do.

Dr. Venture posted:

B2, JKA, Aayla, Finn. I don't think SRP is very good, especially compared to the turn meter manipulation STHan brings to the table.

Speaking of Finn, I got him the stars to finally begin attempting the speed mod challenge. I'm going to be farming that for a while.

SRP is a solid tank, but outclassed by STH, RG, Shore, and Baze.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah rg is the heat. Auto taunt owns bones.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Field Mousepad posted:

Yeah rg is the heat. Auto taunt owns bones.

I'm running him with Shore in arena right now, and it's such a loving buzz kill for high damage teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm mostly sold on running EP, TFP, Boba, Shore, JKA for Arena. Every now and then I rotate in Vader and/or RG for certain team comps, and that's pretty worth it. If you don't have Shore or Baze though, RG is the next best tank. If your meta isn't tricked out with 240+ speed Bobas or TFPs, then STH is a solid tank too. Unfortunately, I'd recommend running some tenacity at this point for RG or STH to prevent shock/buff immunity. A fast Rex/Chirrut for Tenacity up, or EE/AA/GK for cleanse will work too.

All that said, I use RG for P3 AAT and GW, and he's super valuable for that. If you don't plan on running Empire for Arena/GW, then he's a little lower on the totem pole, and I'd probably put JKA at the very top of heroes to get from cantina because he's just that good. I build him for %protection primaries and flat offense. He has over 50k EHP, and crits for 15k on his AOE after someone has been brought down to 50% or killed. This is absurdly good if you are also running Boba because you can cycle through his basics and AOE so much faster. Add in RG and Shoretrooper for more fun.