Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

2.6.1 by February means 3.0 by 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So they released the new schedule. 2.6.1 is mid-Feb.

And the newsletter talks of 2.6.2. As for 3.0 (which was totally coming on or before Dec 19th, 2016), the newsletter says they will have more specifics as soon as they are set. Remember back when I said it didn't even exist? :supaburn:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

efrm posted:

Hi everyone,

A long time lurker here.
Yesterday my refund landed on my Paypal (its 230ish), I'm finally out.

A big THANK YOU to everyone (incl. Mr. Smart - I read your July blog)

Bests, EFRM

How much were you in for commando

Bests, EFRM

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Again with three meaningless broad titles. UI - what do the entire UI is going to be done in that time? Networking in its entirety will be done in a few weeks. Every area of development is done in a solid block of time then never touched. There are no critical paths anywhere.

The graphics are such transparent bullshit.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

A boom mic drop is a totally gently caress up meaning you would have to reshoot the scene again due to both the mic coming into shot and the noise having hosed up the audio recording along with the audio recording now being taken from the floor.

This must have been why Chris has to reshoot some scenes (no one noticed at the time) again. I feel dumb for doubting his directorshipness :(

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

mp5 posted:

How much were you in for commando

Bests, EFRM

This has been bugging me for a while, what game is your avatar from?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

3.0 has already been released

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

D_Smart posted:

So they released the new schedule. 2.6.1 is mid-Feb.

And the newsletter talks of 2.6.2. As for 3.0 (which was totally coming on or before Dec 19th, 2016), the newsletter says they will have more specifics as soon as they are set. Remember back when I said it didn't even exist? :supaburn:

2.6.1 in mid-Feb? That means sometime in April, maybe May then :)

I don't know what the fuss is about 3.0, the apparent "Jesus-patch", as we all know it's contents will actually be a new set of useless commando clothes, a new concept sale, a pre-rendered moon crater that they no-clip a camera though (with a window border made to look like a cockpit), and a new poloshirt in the store. All presented via 50 or so repetative chatshow Youtube vids that the Shitizens will love, then will come the news that 3.6 is the Jesus-patch that fixes netcode and some doors and even add in the never thought of before feature where commandos can get generic missions (the same missions they already have) by talking to the barkeep.

I just can't understand how this shitshow has kept going, it's the same thing year on year, big promises, talks of anticipated patches, endless speculation and the end result is just a bunch of broken crap that's missing almost every single item previously talked about. Yet the brown sea and the SC twatter junkies seem to love self harm and encore it everytime they get shafted. "Please sir may I have another!"

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

How is it possible that goons predicted there would be multiple 2.6.x patches? I thought they didn't understand games development.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Viscous Soda posted:

This has been bugging me for a while, what game is your avatar from?

Final Fantasy Legend III, a 1991 game which has more flyable spaceships than Star Citizen does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKMiSACIrlg&t=4032s

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
just lol at all of this.

They have now even scaled back their x.x.x patches on about 3 month release cycle. How can anyone be this dumb to believe this game is going to come out? This schedule report has to be the sign of end times. Where bug fix patches are now a quarterly turn around, it's hosed. No amount of funding in the world is going to keep this alive. I thought if they had released 3.0 sometime soon, they might be able to cling to life, but this has just turned into a sideshow now.

Lights are on, but nobody's home.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Hello John Titor here, this is live in game footage of Goons playing Starcitizen in the year 2027 AD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgAZt65tjHo

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Kosumo posted:

A boom mic drop is a totally gently caress up meaning you would have to reshoot the scene again due to both the mic coming into shot and the noise having hosed up the audio recording along with the audio recording now being taken from the floor.

This must have been why Chris has to reshoot some scenes (no one noticed at the time) again. I feel dumb for doubting his directorshipness :(

Rofl this is good

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hobold posted:

I do that every day, doesn't help much. Need someone to drag my fat rear end outside to do poo poo.

I understand people being overweight if it genuinely doesn't bother them but if it bothers you so much and you can't get the energy to do anything about it you might have sad brains and I unironically suggest opening a thread in E/N about it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

eonwe posted:

has anyone said man of many anuses yet

no one ever does now :(

none but you, wonderful spinning pink elephant.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

I understand people being overweight if it genuinely doesn't bother them but if it bothers you so much and you can't get the energy to do anything about it you might have sad brains and I unironically suggest opening a thread in E/N about it.

Sad brains? Yes. Side effect of getting them mashed one time too many. Half of them don't work anymore.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: /\/\/\ don't know if :thejoke: but sad brains is E/N for depression

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

2.6.1 by February means 3.0 by 2018.

I don't know about something called "3.0" but there is no way that homestead nonsense is getting out this year. Any "planetary landings" will be enclosed areas like the social module. Pupil to Planet was what? Dec 2015?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 21, 2017

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
:thejoke:

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Hobold posted:

All you guys talking about motivating friends into being notfat reminds me that it sucks not having any to do that for me.

we can be fat friends :)

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

3-4 months later:
Good news everybody. We have moved the release of the Constellation Aquila forward to 2.6.3 along with bind culling, Star Marine and flight model improvements.

*sweats a little*

We are also moving Bounty Hunter 1.0 forward to 2.6.4, and tweaking the reputation system. You will be able to put a bounty on criminal players, and take on bounty hunter missions which will spawn a handful of enemy AI for you to shoot.

Have fun, and we'll see you at CitizenCon.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

BitBasher posted:

Also Stevie Chase was hotter than Sandi Gardiner

She should have been. Lord knows he spent enough on trophy girlfriend development.

(Just let me state she was quite cute, IMO, before all the aftermarket mods.)

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

MeLKoR posted:

I don't know about something called "3.0" but there is no way that homestead nonsense is getting out this year. Any "planetary landings" will be enclosed areas like the social module. Pupil to Planet was what? Dec 2015?

Yeah, I was just looking back over the 3.0 slides and trying to work out exactly what a minimum-viable-3.0 might look like (Funnily enough this is likely the exact same exercise that Chris Roberts has been undertaking this last week).

What are we thinking?

Planets but no landing on them.
A few more copy and paste locations.
Basic buy/sell npcs at various stations.

I think that about covers it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

IrvingWashington posted:

Hello SC thread. My dog died yesterday. Osteosarcoma. She was only with us for 5 1/2 wonderful years. Remember to call your dogges. They love you and want you to have all the fidolety you can handle.

My apologies and consolations. FWIW, she looked well loved and happy. (Okay, not so much in the last picture, but, ehhhhh..)

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
I like this guy.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

starting

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fain80 posted:

I like this guy.

God help him if he ever finds the Kickstarter page.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sabreseven posted:

I don't know what the fuss is about 3.0, the apparent "Jesus-patch", as we all know it's contents will actually be a new set of useless commando clothes, a new concept sale, a pre-rendered moon crater that they no-clip a camera though (with a window border made to look like a cockpit), and a new poloshirt in the store. All presented via 50 or so repetative chatshow Youtube vids that the Shitizens will love, then will come the news that 3.6 is the Jesus-patch that fixes netcode and some doors and even add in the never thought of before feature where commandos can get generic missions (the same missions they already have) by talking to the barkeep.

I just can't understand how this shitshow has kept going, it's the same thing year on year, big promises, talks of anticipated patches, endless speculation and the end result is just a bunch of broken crap that's missing almost every single item previously talked about. Yet the brown sea and the SC twatter junkies seem to love self harm and encore it everytime they get shafted. "Please sir may I have another!"

Well it's obvious that all of what they have here from 3.x to 4.0 was bullshit designed to pander and lie to backers in order to get money

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I feel so naughty whenever I skip pages but there's nothing better than going from 459 to 466 and getting that feeling of "caught up with the thread"

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
btw has anything happened that I missed?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sabreseven posted:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Amarcarts posted:

Like we'd tell you, you dirty page skipper

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Amarcarts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcSLb2phjDk

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ayn Marx posted:

This would have been received well circa 2015 but shitposting in this thread has gotten much more sophisticated

well, not mine

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
the simplest solutions are usually the best anyway, star citizen should've taught us all this by now

have a happy new year eonwe

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Chris Roberts is going to have a coke-fueled seizure, eyes back orifices fizzing with body fluids, during one of his presentations and Sandi is going to beat him to the ground with a broom thinking he's been possessed.

That's my hot take *winks at camera*

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Well I, for one, am super excited about what 2017 has in store!

probably more ships.

also

Crobbler Benz posted:

hello i am the titanic and i will agree with whatever post i am quoting.

a terribly long explanation follows that noone will read.

i will now end my post with this :shobon:

thanks

:same:

also

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

IrvingWashington posted:

Hello SC thread. My dog died yesterday. Osteosarcoma. She was only with us for 5 1/2 wonderful years. Remember to call your dogges. They love you and want you to have all the fidolety you can handle.

sorry to hear that. condolences man.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Hobold posted:

I do that every day, doesn't help much. Need someone to drag my fat rear end outside to do poo poo.

You don't lose weight through exercise and doing things. You lose weight through dieting. Find a diet that works, count calories, and don't go to a gym or work out. If you are truly overweight you will lose a significant amount of weight just by making simple healthy eating choices.

The best diet is the one that you will stick too. I like low carb because I can still eat a poo poo ton of meat and veggies as cheesecake made with no sugar, but that's just what works for me.

Exercise can be good for gaining energy and feeling better but if it hurts your diet or makes you feel bad don't loving do it.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Good ole Ben Lesnick is going to clog the drat toilet one day, grab a plunger to be a hero, fall to his knees when he tries to lean forward an inch and his head will submerge itself into the bowl, where he will drown because he cannot propel himself back to his feet or his side.

Don't be a Ben. Make small eating changes that add up over time, get moderate exercise like a walk or a run in, and enjoy life. Start small, pat yourself on the back and don't mind when you mess up. No one is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Start small, pat yourself on the back

These are things that fat people can't do, you insensitive jerk