Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

I've been watching the inauguration ceremony coverage all day, was feeling pretty numb, and then somehow this dumb meme pushed me into total nausea. It makes me think about how many people in my office really are this guy. :barf:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Imgur still believes Bernie would have won. I like the guy but It's annoying how much they've set him up as an idol.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I thought Obama's great grand-daddy was from Indonesia or one of those muslim countries

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
These weren't on the same post, but they go together nicely.

quote:

How dare you!!!! Just because someone doesn't agree with you or your ideas or your candidate does not make them a racist!!!! I guess I could accuse you of some form of racism or bigotry or homophobic ideas just because of who you supported in an election..I AM IN NO WAY A RACIST AND I KNOW THAT A VERY BIG MAJORITY OF TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE NOT EITHER AND I CAN GUARANTEE THAT YOUR BELOVED PRESIDENT OBAMA WOULD NOT APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS AND CLASSIFYING ALL PEOPLE AS RACISTS...
Again how dare you!!!!!!!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

Imgur still believes Bernie would have won. I like the guy but It's annoying how much they've set him up as an idol.

All I saw were a ton of smug "like it or not he's YOUR PRESIDENT and you need to respect him :smuggo:" posts, before I decided 'why on earth would I check imgur today of all days'.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I thought Obama's great grand-daddy was from Indonesia or one of those muslim countries

His father was from Kenya and his mother was of mostly English ancestry, so depends on which great grandpa you're talking about.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Your Computer posted:

All I saw were a ton of smug "like it or not he's YOUR PRESIDENT and you need to respect him :smuggo:" posts, before I decided 'why on earth would I check imgur today of all days'.

Funny, we didn't see this with Obama's term...

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
You know. We don't give imgur enough credit. Today i encountered a real live imgur moderator. On imgur I posted critique of Hitler. The comment section then turned into a racist circle jerk and I was downvoted and reported untill my account was suspended from posting and a real live moderator sent me a link to the rules and a reminder that after the suspension ends. Should my account score fall again. I won't even be able to upload content.

Imgur does indeed have moderators it seems.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

EVERY DAY MY GRANDMA WAKES UP AND OPEN PALM SLAMS A MEGA-DONG INTO MY BUTTHOLE

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

On MyAnimeList they started a "community writers" thing where posters could submit articles, reviews, or thought pieces etc. and they'd publish the ones they liked. Some guy submitted an article called "10 anime with Nazis getting their asses kicked". Without his knowledge it was later edited to be called "10 anime featuring Nazis" with all the mean things about Nazis removed and a new list item featuring a positive portrayal of a Nazi character. When he asked about it apparently someone involved in the site's parent company kicked up a stink about it being biased against Nazis.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EmmyOk posted:

On MyAnimeList they started a "community writers" thing where posters could submit articles, reviews, or thought pieces etc. and they'd publish the ones they liked. Some guy submitted an article called "10 anime with Nazis getting their asses kicked". Without his knowledge it was later edited to be called "10 anime featuring Nazis" with all the mean things about Nazis removed and a new list item featuring a positive portrayal of a Nazi character. When he asked about it apparently someone involved in the site's parent company kicked up a stink about it being biased against Nazis.

:catstare:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
What is happening to the world?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Gaunab posted:

The Nazis didn't lose, they just took a break for a bit.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Gaunab posted:

That's the great thing about your guy not getting the candidacy. You can now feel smug forever through hypothetical scenarios.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fathis Munk posted:

That's the great thing about your guy not getting the candidacy. You can now feel smug forever through hypothetical scenarios.

It's why the radical left likes losers. The Paris Commune, the Republicans in the Spanish Revolution, the Mensheviks or the Left Communists in the Russian revolution, the Krondstadt rebels... it's way easier to present someone as pure and to project all positive aspects of your ideology onto them when they don't have to be subject to the test of reality.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Tbh I think everyone likes a good loser.

Gaunab posted:

You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of facts and reason but of feeling. A journey into a wondrous land of demagoguery. Next stop, the Twilight Zone! Today's episode is called "The post-truth era".

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Fathis Munk posted:

Tbh I think everyone likes a good loser.

You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of facts and reason but of feeling. A journey into a wondrous land of demagoguery. Next stop, the Twilight Zone! Today's episode is called "The post-truth era".

:perfect:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Half that, half throwing the "fall in line you fuckers, only Hillary can beat Trump!" back.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's why the radical left likes losers. The Paris Commune, the Republicans in the Spanish Revolution, the Mensheviks or the Left Communists in the Russian revolution, the Krondstadt rebels... it's way easier to present someone as pure and to project all positive aspects of your ideology onto them when they don't have to be subject to the test of reality.
except that Bernie is a real, life living person who is still n the fight against Trump as a congressman

Gods what a fitting avatar

Byzantine posted:

Half that, half throwing the "fall in line you fuckers, only Hillary can beat Trump!" back.
„There is no alternative“ indeed

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Byzantine posted:

Well, we did learn what happens when they don't fall in line and do what they're told. They get demoralized and just don't show up evidently. Hopefully they'll learn their lesson the next go-round. :v:

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
What is the radical lefts meme of choice?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Bernie couldn't get enough support to win the primary, so why is he immune to the same depressed turnout that took Hillary down?

Oh yeah, because Bernie had all those outsider/non voters under his banner and in the election proper rank-and-file democrats can be counted on to just fall in line.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

there wolf posted:

Bernie couldn't get enough support to win the primary, so why is he immune to the same depressed turnout that took Hillary down?

Oh yeah, because Bernie had all those outsider/non voters under his banner and in the election proper rank-and-file democrats can be counted on to just fall in line.

Hillary's base seems more likely to vote for anyone that would stop Trump than Bernie's base does, and he could better appeal to the disenfranchised working class white people that Hillary didn't even try to reach.

But yeah it's all hindsight and hypotheticals so whatever

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Your Computer posted:

I mean, Trump genuinely believes that the criticism against him will stop now that he's in office. He's an incredibly stupid person.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Deceitful Penguin posted:

except that Bernie is a real, life living person who is still n the fight against Trump as a congressman

He's actually a Senator.

quote:

Gods what a fitting avatar

Thanks, I chose it myself. :v:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

there wolf posted:

Yes, because someone who almost won the primaries despite the machinations of the party chair (whose biases toward Hillary are well-known and a matter of public record) would totally have had a demoralized base heading into the general election.

I mean, I'm sorry, but it's kind of hard to feel sympathy for Clinton when there's pretty good evidence that the DNC was instrumental in shutting out someone who actually understands the issues Americans are concerned about today. (hint: neoliberal economics are what got Trump elected. He campaigned against them, and so did Sanders. She's been a banner-carrier for those policies for over a quarter-century. It really isn't hard to do the math here.)

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Why are you not a mod anymore guitar guy

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

This is basically that time Wolf Blitzer interviewed Bernie after the election and kept trying to get him to say he would have won the election if he was running and every time Bernie would shut it down with "who the gently caress cares why does it matter right now."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

goose willis posted:

Why are you not a mod anymore guitar guy

I talked back.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Ultima66 posted:

This is basically that time Wolf Blitzer interviewed Bernie after the election and kept trying to get him to say he would have won the election if he was running and every time Bernie would shut it down with "who the gently caress cares why does it matter right now."

I've made my peace with his loss months ago, actually.

I just enjoy poking Hillary supporters in the eye over that poo poo. :v:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

It got changed to "11 anime featuring Nazis" and "a rare instance of a positive portrayal of a Nazi" was added.

The author is Jewish.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

gonna take a wild guess and say the positive portrayal was Stroheim

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Crocoswine posted:

gonna take a wild guess and say the positive portrayal was Stroheim

Yep.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I talked back.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Please explain this joke to me, I have lost my sense of humor modding D&D. :smith:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Anime

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Zephyrine posted:

You know. We don't give imgur enough credit. Today i encountered a real live imgur moderator. On imgur I posted critique of Hitler. The comment section then turned into a racist circle jerk and I was downvoted and reported untill my account was suspended from posting and a real live moderator sent me a link to the rules and a reminder that after the suspension ends. Should my account score fall again. I won't even be able to upload content.

Imgur does indeed have moderators it seems.

Either they're lazy as hell or racist as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013