Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Akio

Saturday Morning - Homeroom

Akio freezes in place just outside the classroom. What! That naked girl is in my class?! He breaks out in a cold sweat. Wait. No! I have to stop mentally associating the naked girl with the word naked or I'll end up blurting it out at the worst possible time, and judging by naked girl's naked muscles I'd be a goner for sure... Nooo, I just did it three more times! Well, that's it then. I'm gonna die.

After taking a moment to gather up some courage Akio enters the room and sinks down at the closest unoccupied desk where he buries his head in his arms, contemplating his inevitable doom whilst waiting for class to start. He sits up when Mr. Matsubara arrives and after being introduced walks with dread-filled steps in front of the teacher's desk and turns to face the class. He'd already thought of what he should say ahead of time, of course, but the unexpected twists and turns of the morning had thrown him off balance, and his mind blanks. Furthemore, it takes like two seconds after he notices a certain someone's eyes on him before he starts blushing furiously right in front of everyone. Being the center of attention was the worst.

"H-hello, I'm Yamamura Akio. I grew up in central Kobe and only just moved out here. I haven't really settled in at my place yet but it seems pretty nake— uh, nice here so far." Great! Smooth! poo poo!

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose is down on one knee, his breath is ragged and the magical shield around him flickers weakly. That attack was brutal! But it had ultimately failed, he's not down and out yet! Invigorated by the healing spells he gets up on both feet and narrows his eyes at the ugly frog. Just a little while longer, he'd come too far to fail now.

Ambrose takes a step to the right to seek an opening in Bael'waag's defenses, and he finds it! He thrusts with his blade, inflicting some hurt but leaving himself dangerously open to retaliation while away from Charlotte's defensive umbrella. Before Bael'waag has a chance to capitalize, however, he blinks back to her side and gives her a nod.

[Whisper-Charlotte]: "I will follow your lead, but I'm sure I can hold him a for a moment longer if you require."

Using Amulet of Life to spend another healing surge, 36 HP recovered in total.
Move: Shift to -B6 to flank.
Standard: Booming Blade vs Bael'waag AC: 1d20+13+2 23, just hits! 1d8+6 7 damage.
Vanishing Blade: Teleport to -B3
Rose King's Shield: Gain 10 THP.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 47/60 (THP: 10)	AC:	24 (-12)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 5/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 (-12)	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18 (-12)	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	19 (-12)	Action Points: 0
Languages: Common, Elven		Fortune Points: 0

Farbond Spellblade Longsword: +13, 1d8+6 (MBA)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Aegis of Shielding	[ ] Second Wind			[X] Vanishing Blade
Booming Blade		[X] Argent Rain			[X] Shielding Fire
Sword Burst		[X] Fey Step			
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
Summoned Armor		[X] Dimensional Vortex		
Acrobat Boots		[ ] Shield
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[X] Amulet of Life
Passives
Eladrin Will: +5 bonus to saving throws against charm effects.
Rose King's Shield: Once per turn gain THP when hitting an enemy with Booming Blade.
White Lotus Riposte: If an enemy I have hit with an arcane at-will attacks me they take 4 damage.
War Wizard's Expertise: -5 penalty to hit allies with arcane attacks.

Ongoing
Vanishing Blade: Until the end of the encounter, whenever I hit with a melee attack I can teleport 3 squares as a free action.
Mark of Bael'waag x3: -12 to all defenses.

Support Persona: Valkyrie (Strength)
Cleave (+8 vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d8+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Sukukaja (Range 5, Ally or Self. Ally gains Melee Evasion against Next Attack. Against next Melee, Enemy rolls twice and uses weaker roll.)
Weakness: Fire

Social Stats
+0 Charm (Dex/Cha)	- *
+0 Courage (Str/Con)	- 
+0 Academics (Int/Wis)	- 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Saturday Morning

Itsumi: (Charisma 20) Your introduction, practiced and perfected in private, goes over exactly as planned. You can feel warmth from the reception of the class and the stares of budding admirers already. You overwhelm the class with clear Charm(+2.)

Akio: They can't all be winners but mercifully Matsubara asks the two of you to sit back down. Everybody gives you an odd or pitying look and Madoka seems baffled for a moment.

Homeroom continues after introductions. Once finished, Mister Matsubara has an announcement for everyone:

: "The first meeting of the Student Council is after school today, upstairs. Any of you interested in that should attend and pay your respects to Hattori-sama." A few chuckles come from the class at the honorific used. Matsubara dismisses the class and sits at his desk, going over some paperwork.

---

Lunchtime

Everyone: You're free to use the lunch period for one freehand action, or to seek out somebody specifically to chat with. You could also study or rest.

Itsumi: You catch Ryuka with two other girls who seem to perpetually orbit her! One is a tall blonde girl with an envy inspiring figure, the other is a small and demure brunette with glasses. But nobody is as small as Ryuka, a silver-haired little girl who is a few inches clear under 5'0"! Her pigtails bob as she is visibly startled by your address. And probably Madoka, who makes her nearly jump!

: "E-Ehh... ah!" She suddenly snaps to attention, puffs her chest out and jerks a thumb up, pointing to her face which is now framed in a mask of absolute confidence. "Uhm, of course you came to me, new girl! I-I'm Mitsugu Ryuka, and I'm sure you've already heard, but I'm..." Her cheeks are turning red. "I'm the... g-goddess.. of this class!" She settles for setting her hands on her hips and beaming. "It's nice to meet you, I-Itsumi!" She opts to not face Madoka, who clearly isn't there if she can't be seen.

The way she wears her anxiety on her sleeve and her hair moves with each overreaction... like a bunny's ears raising or wilting! You can feel a strong affection building in your heart. Madoka leans over to whisper a correction to you that is 100% spot on: "She's really more of our little class mascot..." Ryuka is... cute!

Takashi: Before you can join your usual friends for lunch, a male student politely steps into your path and gestures for your attention.

: "Ah, Takashi-san. I was hoping to talk to you. I'll ask directly, are you the streamer dot-Attack?"

Tsukiyo: You don't see Miho anywhere, which is unusual as she tends to always meet you for lunch and to be obviously excited to do so. As you stand at one of the side entrances to the courtyard you feel a sudden impact from behind, a girl your height and build with long twin-tails having shoulder-checked you from behind.

: "Don't block the door, you ganguro retard!" She sneers at you before moving on with another girl following her.

Noriko: You join your new clique of friends in the middle of an earnest discussion.

: "Hey hey, I think it's a perfect idea!" Hideaki holds his hands up in a bit of a helpless shrug.

: "You don't even know her, what do you think is gonna happen? Idiiiiiiiot."

: "I-I think it's like one of those stories. You just have to give love a chance, right?" Tatsumi makes a tight-lipped smile.

: Hideaki pounds a fist into a palm, beaming at Tatsumi. "Yeah! Absolutely!"

Akio: Seems there's no obvious place to sit. There are empty seats with groups of students all over the courtyard but after your introduction this morning you aren't feeling too good at socializing. To some small relief you don't see Madoka around. Your thoughts drift to food instead of nudity...

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 18, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

Saturday Morning

Tsukiyo gives a friendly wave to Akio and Itsumi. "Hey. If you want a school tour I could help." She whispers to them.

Lunchtime

After being so rudely crashed into, Tsukiyo's face turns into a raging grimace for a sheer second before she manages to return to a neutral expression. "I-I'm sorry." She says while nervously looking around in the cafeteria for the two new students. She'll remember that bitch later, but that's a matter for another time.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Saturday Morning
Itsumi whispers to Madoka after class, "I'll be back, I'm gonna take her up on her offer of a tour!." Itsumi then briskly walks over to Tsukiyo, greeting her with a genuine friendliness, "Hi there! I'd love to take a tour and get to know the school better! When were you thinking of giving us our tour?? And I'm sorry... I didn't catch your name..?"

Lunchtime
Itsumi nods at Madoka with a soft smile, internally grateful for her tip off on Ryuka and already plotting on how to use her and her friends as a stepping stone to the rest of the class. Her smile becomes a grin as she addresses Ryuka, "Goddess, huh? Well I think it'd be great if we became friends then! What clubs are you all in??"

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 5, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Saturday Morning

Akio is pretty surprised that someone would approach and talk to him after his botched introduction, especially contrasted with that bubbly girl Itsumi's perfect delivery, but he tries to salvage whatever remains of his dignity and takes up the light-haired girl on her offer. "Sure, that'd be cool. I had this weird senior take me directly to class so I haven't seen much of Naoki yet." He looks off to the side, shrugs and scratches the back of his head. "So, uh, yeah. Should we go during lunch or after school?"

Lunchtime

Yep, sure was another school lunch alright. Were there really no empty tables? Akio sighs as he scans the area. Well, he wasn't gonna just stand there and starve. He takes a seat at the corner of a table that doesn't seem overly active and starts chowing down his lunch while busying himself with a thick book.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

Saturday Morning:
Takashi listens as each new student introduces themself, but decides against interrupting the class to introduce himself to them at this juncture. With a big, friendly smile, he waves at each as they make their way back to their seats. Maybe the lunch hour will give him an opportunity to meet them properly.

Saturday Lunch:
"I sure am! It's a bad play on my name," Takashi laughs at himself good naturaedly, "You a fan? I don't think we've met...?" He leaves enough room for the boy to introduce himself. With a courteous gesture, he asks "Walk and talk? I wanted to go meet the new students in my homeroom more formally."

If the boy will follow, Takashi will seek out Akio first since he seemed more aloof and shy.

.attak
Because there is no kill like overkill, .attak closes the distance in a running leap, sending waves of fire around him. Before Geitar can flinch he and his golem are viciously licked with magma coated saliva. Before long the mutt tires of the toy and, with a single sonic bark, sends him flying.

*Standard: Concussive Spike vs AC (Guardian): 1d20+14 18 1d10+8 17
*Geitar is pushed 6 away from .attak - Guardian is the correct target so Geitar is pushed.
:dukedog:

Mortify fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 5, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

Saturday Morning

"Tsukiyo, nice to meet you." She picks Itsumi's hand and shakes it. "After class would be for the best, it would give me some time to show some of the clubs."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko (saturday morning)

Noriko hadn't intended to pay much intention to the introductions, but for some reason she caught herself glaring at Itsumi. Swallowing the bitter pill, she makes herself scarce after class is over.

Noriko (lunch)

"Eh...?" Noriko intones with an eyebrow raised a fraction of an inch. "everyone's so saccharine. what are we talking about?"

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Saturday Morning
Itsumi happily shakes her hand back. "After class sounds great, I'm really looking forward to it! I'll see you then!" Itsumi says merrily, glad to be meeting people and (hopefully!) making friends already.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(There's a small divide between times here so I'm shifting most of you to meeting up for the little tour after school. I'll also wrap up the Ruins and continue Etemenanki on Sunday night.)

Lunch

Noriko: The others look over to you, Hideaki looking a bit nervous, Tatsumi amused, and Akane...

: "Hahahahaha! This dumbass is gonna confess to his crush!" Her lips curl up in absolute manic glee. "He hasn't even talked to her yet! It's looooooove at first sight~" She laces her fingers together and makes a lovey-dovey prayer pose with the sweetest smile.

: "Come on, he has to take a chance, yeah..." Tatsumi looks up from his usual shy focus on his lunch to give Hideaki a bit of reassurance.

: "Shut up, you drat harpy! Don't give me any bad luck!" Hideaki points at Akane, who covers her mouth and tries(poorly) to contain her mirth. Hideaki sighs and gives you a look from the side as he leans back in his chair, looking rather pensive. "... Everybody has to introduce themselves at some point, right. Hrrmmmrmrmrmr." He covers his eyes with one hand. "Oi... Noriko, you're the most mature one here. What do you think I should do?"

Takashi: : "Ah, sorry. I joined late. Hamada, Jun. Good to meet you, Takashi." He follows you as you make your usual lunchroom rounds. Your efforts to make good will among the class seems to finally be bearing fruit(+1 Charm.) Everybody has a cheerful greeting for Takashi!

: "Well, I just got into DDW myself, but I'm kinda... really bad... you know how it is, right? You want to get better, so you watch others and try to follow." He clears his throat. "Well, watching you stomp the Ruins Run was amazing. And... you don't really hide your identity, you know? Heh heh, it was kinda easy to recognize you." The two of you find Akio, eating by himself despite sitting at a full table. "I dunno if you'd be up for playing with viewers..."

Itsumi: Your friendliness seems to be going over well! Ryuka looks a little flustered and ends up kneading her hands together for a moment, unable to find a response to your question. You can make out a barely audible "no.. clubs.." before the smart looking plain girl interjects!

: "We'll clearly be taking over the student council today. It's only natural that Ryuka lead!" She adjusts her glasses and looks very self-assured for a moment! "My name is Mutsumi and I'm fond of the library club, the av club, the..." Etc, etc.

: "Ano.. ah, Itsumi! It's so nice to meet you!" The other girl beams radiantly at you. For a second you could swear you're looking at a mirror! "I'm Hiroko! I'm sure we'll be best friends!" That eye contact! That poise! That warmth! This girl... is genuine! She giggles and picks at one of her locks of blonde hair. "Ah, I hope this school has a charity club..."

: "They have a good archery club, Itty. And I hope some real martial arts."

You've made some new friends! A classic Kasaya triumph! You recall that Mister Matsubara mentioned somebody else was in charge of the Student Council meeting taking place after classes today.

Tsukiyo: You eat lunch without Miho today, unable to find her...

Akio: Nobody pays you much mind. You can feel a bit of the lonely nature of the outsider, the new kid at school...

Ah. Two boys are approaching(Takashi and Jun.) The cheerful outgoing one seems intent on greeting you!!!!!

---

After School

Tour(Itsumi, Akio, Tsukiyo, Takashi): A lot of you meet up to give the two newbies a walk around the school! Naoki is a high school with a touch of upper class elite design, with liberal use of pure white coloring, wide open spaces with great love and care put into the landscaping and a few unique sites that are evidence of some serious cash. A large swimming pool, the large garden built into the roof, the up-to-date computer lab...

This is a great time to get to know one another(all you PCs, you!)

Ah. Here's an interesting sight. You hear a distant muffled knocking coming from a far hall on one of the perimeter walls as you come down the stairs from the roof. It is coming from a reclusive janitorial closet warded off with quick stripes of yellow caution tape. A folded up metal chair is wedged under the doorknob. Getting closer, the knocking is erratic. Sounds... dangerous!

Noriko: You can join the others for the tour, attend the Student Council meeting, use your Free Time for something else or tell me what you want to me. You could also return to your investigation of the Flower Murders... there don't seem to be any other clubs meeting or recruiting at this time. Presumably the Student Council is meeting to discuss that.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 7, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko (lunch)

The talk of love took Noriko's mind to her encounter with Satan in the game world, and the details of her bargain. She'd written it off again as a hallucination until the meeting with Yuki, and at that point she knew, deep down, it was real. hmph. I like Hideaki. I'd rather not... she seems to ponder the problem for a minute. if another opportunity comes up i'll take it. meanwhile, i'm just helping him. she rationalizes the thought and wraps her reservations up tight before neatly stuffing them in a cubby behind her shoes (metaphorically)

""...hmm. you should go for it. be yourself, be earnest, don't come on too strong. i think you'll be fine." she considers the situation for another moment. "...so who is it, anyway?"

Noriko (after school)

Noriko decides to head to the student council meeting. She hadn't had much opportunity to follow up on after-school activities and though she was rather rudderless at the moment she still had university to think about in the future; the going home club wasn't helpful.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo is leading the others with towards the corridors, pointing the facilities and club rooms at every hallway while also chatting with them. "So you guys want to visit the Student Council later? I was going to do that today as well, want to take a shot at the discipl-" Then suddenly that strange noise. She looks at the sealed off janitor room and chair, and then turns to the others. "inary committee, because it turns out that there are a good chunk of bullies in this school who think locking someone in the janitor room is a cool thing." She approaches the room and takes off the chair held at the door. "Hey, don't worry, I'll help you out."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Lunchtime

Upon hearing what sounds like someone talking about DDW Akio takes a peek over the cover of his book, spotting the approaching pair. He couldn't figure out what they wanted with him, but he thought he recognized one of them from his class. There had been a lot of new faces though...

Akio shuts the book around his finger and lowers it to his lap. "Hey. What's up?"

After School

Akio is mostly quiet during the tour, only really speaking up when someone talks to him directly. When they get to the barricaded door he walks up and helps get rid of the caution tape. "What's with this tape? Seems a bit over the top for your standard bullies. Maybe they wanted to scare off people so their victim would be stuck here until Monday." He scowls. "loving shitheads..."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

Saturday Lunch:
"Great to meet you too, Jun. I can definitely understand feeling bad to start. Hell, I still feel like there is so much to learn," walking with Jun, Takashi laughs off the praise, "Why don't we group for something and see if we can't work out where you can improve?" he pulls out his phone to exchange numbers with Jun before turning up in front of Akio.

"Yamamura Akio? Hi, I'm Kurokawa Takashi from homeroom with Sensei Matsubara. This is Hamada Jun," he gestures to his company, "we were just chatting about video games and I thought I might introduce myself to my new classmate. Don't let Sensei get to you, he's a character. Want some company for lunch, or would you rather we leave you to the book?"

Saturday After School:
Takashi introduces himself properly to Itsumi, adding information to the tour where he can.

"If either of you have the athletic itch, the school has all the major clubs. I can make an intro to head of the Track Club if you want, but she's serious business."

At the sight of the janitorial closet, Takashi moves to assist Tsukiyo, who it turns out is very quick. Akio's comment earns an agreement grunt.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Lunchtime

"Oh, uh. Yeah. I mean no, to the last question? I'm just reading because I've got nothing better to do so sure, I'll join you for lunch. This table is pretty crowded though." Akio throws the book in his bag, grabs his stuff and his boxed lunch and gets up from his seat. "You guys play DDW I take it? Me too, though I haven't played it for very long. But it's really cool so far. How long have you been playing?"

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Lunchtime
"It's so great to meet you all! I do so hope we become friends!" Itsumi says radiantly. "I think I'm going to do English club and Archery club, but there's just so many to choose from that I'm not sure... Anyway I think I might attend the student council meeting after school today too! I'd just love to take on a leadership role alongside you, Ryuka!"

Saturday After School
"?!?" Itsumi appears visibly confused by the banging on the door. "Let's get this door open," she says as she rushes forward alongside Akio and Takashi, ready to assist them in whatever way she can they as they open the door.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 12, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
(noriko isn't with the tour group)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Mirthless posted:

(noriko isn't with the tour group)

(oops, miscopied, sorry! edited!)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(A bit of a delay with overwork and sickness. Feeling better today! And I'm aware of the image hosting problem, I'll begin swapping to Imgur.)

Saturday

Lunch

Noriko: : Hideaki perks up at your encouragement. "Yoko." He says the name with a goofy smile.

: "Yoko...." Akane leans over and peers at Hideaki expectantly. He shrugs and she sighs. "Yoko Yoko, huh?" She pinches Hideaki's ear! "You don't even know her name!"

: "Shut up! This isn't an exam!!!" He pinches her cheeks back and the two end up slapping each others hands like little kids.

: Tatsumi laughs at the two, then pitches in some advice of his own. "Do it next week, before you lose your nerve."

: Hideaki disengages from Akane and thinks it over coolly for a moment, then grins at Tatsumi and Noriko. "Yeah. Thanks."

Akio, Takashi: Takashi swaps contact info with Jun. Akio can too(Itsumi and Akio: Everybody can freely swap character/cell phone information and contact numbers. This is the modern world, after all.)

: "Ah, thanks. It'd be good to have some friends online, the partnering system is pretty good." Jun waves to Akio and joins you at the table alongside Takashi. "I just started last week, I got into the.. uhm, real sneaky kinda class. Rogue. Good damage and utility. Takashi tanks. How's about you?"

---

After School

Tsukiyo, Itsumi, Akio, Takashi: You tear down the caution tape and remove the chair, unblocking the door. Opening the door reveals an underutilized janitorial closet and a girl a head taller than Tsukiyo with a long braided ponytail. She has an earnest, honest face and looks a bit roughed up... dirty uniform, torn sleeve, some abrasions on the cheek. She beams when she recognizes her savior and gives Tsukiyo a big full hug!

: "T-Tsukiyo! I'm so happy to see you! I thought I'd be here all weekend! A-again..." She squeezes Tsukiyo like a stuffed animal and looks pretty content for a minute... she eventually lets go and looks a bit embarrassed to see other people. "Hello... uhm.. I'm Miho..."

School Council(Noriko): The School Council meets on the second floor, using one of the formal meeting rooms the staff would use. Before you can really make out who else is here or what is going on you're corralled into signing an attendance sheet by the older maternal image of Akane... ah. Same height, an elegant air about her, long flowing black hair and a gaze that screams Type A. Hattori Takano sizes you up with an eye to eye and has a pen and clipboard in your hand before you know it.

: "Taking the first step shows initiative beyond your peers. What are you hoping to get out of the Student Council?" There's eight other students here so far, three working on connecting a laptop to a projector. You're a few minutes early for the listed meeting time. Takano smirks. "Punctuality is a plus."

(Repost of the Hattori Sisters art for Itsumi and Akio.)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 12, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Ancient Ruins Run

Wildly inspiring music plays as Geitar and his Guardian are defeated!

Geitar doubles over as the boxing glove illusion pops him in the gut! Tsukiyo and Takashi apply their own forbidden... arts... to Geitar and his monstrosity, coating the two in wicked magma before executing with a delayed slash! The crocodile and Guardian topple, falling into the blackness before the sonic bork spikes Geitar forward, bouncing him past the group and onto the final altar. With one climatic burst a bed of spikes erupts and neatly minces the sacrifice, coating the golden edifice with fresh red.

: "I... I'm in.. charge... h-here..." Geitar despawns with a critical red glitch, his body spiking around wildly before the polygons begin to warp and extend, spiraling in all directions.

Critical Sacrifice Achieved

Host Has Perished. Leaving World...

Everything begins to break up and dissolve, entire segments of stone fading away in bursts of red static. Eventually your screen turns black and you're aware only of the hum of electronics.

The Velvet Room

Your vision returns as you respawn inside of Ataraxia's Velvet Room, the tidy cylinder modeled after an ideal work space. Seated at the office desk is your hook-nosed friend from your dreams.

: "A messy resolution, that one. It seems your good friend Geitar thought he knew better than the dev team... grinding to the level where he could spawn his own MindScape, and glitching it onto an official one. You have my thanks for feeding him a bit of humble pie."

: "But did we..."

: "And I suppose I could find your well-deserved reward. I have a talent for remembering things in forgotten spaces, after all." Bringing his palms together, he laces and unlaces his fingers and makes a few swift motions of legardemain, suddenly producing a beautiful golden box with a ceremonial dagger set into a hole at the top. If you look inside the dark spaces around the blade, all you see is old, dull red, where something dried out long ago... removing the dagger produces a flood of loot! And a surge of static energy that spreads across the room like a wave of gaseous energy before immediately fading, imbuing you with power and granting a Level Up! (Takashi, Tsukiyo and Noriko only.)

Ataraxia hops up and down and cheers wildly in her filtered child's voice. You also receive credit for enemy Personas that fell to you!

quote:

3,000 Gold Each. You reach Level 6.

Gauntlets of Ogre Power Level 5

The brutish chain-wrapped scale gloves of a killer croc. Strong enough on their own, they can give the user enough strength to hurl massive rocks at their adversaries!

Hands Slot - Passive: Gain a +1 to Athletics and Strength ability checks.
Daily(Minor): Gain +2 Melee Damage until the End of the Encounter.

Blood-Soaked Chanters

The old wrist-wraps of an ancient priest who lived to sacrifice many. They always pointed outwards, never looking within. Who knows what their heart looked like after a lifetime of sin...

Hands Slot - Passive: Gain +2 Damage on Psychic Powers.
Daily(No Action) - Trigger: Hit a Creature and deal Psychic Damage to it. Gain 5 THP.
OR
Daily(No Action) - Trigger: Hit a Creature and deal Psychic Damage to it that hits a Weakness. Gain 15 THP.

Boar Hooves

These massive steel boots are little more than big blocks of metal lightly carved to barely resemble a pig's cloven hoof. The weight is useful for the warrior that can move while wearing them.

Feet Slot - Must be able to wear at least Scale Armor!
Passive: If an attack would Push, Pull or Slide you, reduce the Squares moved by 1.
Daily(No Action) - Trigger: You Push, Pull or Slide a Creature. It is Slowed USONT(You.)

Sharpshooter's Rolling Ring

A little silver spur. Woah there, it has to be worn carefully and your actions have to be slick to avoid getting cut.

Ring Slot
Passive: You gain a +1 Saving Throw Bonus against any Daze or Stun effects.
Encounter(No Action) - Trigger: You are Conscious and end your Turn without Moving. Shift up to 3 Squares, even if Rooted or Slowed, but not if Held.

Cobra Belt

A dapper little number made of a king snake's distinctive hide. Provides protection against the venom of his subjects.

Waist Slot
Passive: Gain Resist 5 Poison
Daily(No Action) - Trigger: You have a Poison Weakness and are hit by Poison Damage. Negate any Negative effects to yourself and Positive effects to your attacker.
OR
Daily(No Action) - Trigger: Use this when making a Saving Throw against Ongoing Poison Damage. Add +2 to the Saving Throw.

Ataraxia, Ryuka, Felix and Tatsumi receive some personal loot of their own. You do have a decision to make... you can give Drusilla(Your Overseer) a piece of loot as well... or keep it and receive an additional roll of minor loot. You have a feeling that may endanger your hasty battlefield friendship, but loot is loot. Bird Sage's Overseer bonuses seem pretty potent...

: "Hello? Are we finished?"

You've also received a few Support Personas:

quote:

Mermaid (Lovers)
Half-woman, half-fish, the elusive sirens of the ocean. Mermaids are said to swim faster than any other living creature and are regarded as bad omens by sailors. According to popular myth they're as likely to drown and eat a man as to be his perfect soulmate.
Bufula (vs Fortitude. Range 8. Deals 2d6+1 Cold Damage to one target.)
Rakukaja (Close Burst 5. Grants +2 AC to Allies UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Ice 5
Weakness: Electric, Thunder

Gibbering Sphere (Star)
An alien monster formed of the incoherent thoughts of those who die in a particularly frustrating spot. It drifts about randomly, seeking to take out its anger on anyone nearby in a stream of cursing gibberish, warping the minds of others into psychotic hate.
Babble (vs Will. Close Burst 2. All Creatures. All affected make a Ranged or Melee Basic attack against the nearest Creature, using whatever they're holding at the time.)
Bile (vs Fortitude. Range 5. Deals 1d2+1 Poison Damage and Ongoing 4 Poison(Save Ends.))
Passive: If your Attack will inflict an Ongoing Effect, add +2 to that Attack Roll.
Passive: Resist Psychic 5
Weakness: Poison, Radiant

Iron Horse (Hierophant)
When the first explorers arrived in South America, the natives were terrified by the sight of metal men atop strange four legged beasts, discharging lightning from their hands. Though it is ancient history to us, many cultures have lived through the end of the world... this is the personification of the closing of one book.
Overwhelming Advance (vs Fort. Move up to 4 and Close Burst 1. All Creatures hit are pushed back 2 and take 2d4+1 Force Damage.)
Beam (vs Reflex. Range 8. Deals 2d4+1 Fire Damage and applies Ongoing 2 Fire(Save Ends.) As long as the Ongoing Effect persists target has -2 Defenses to You alone.)
Passive: Resist Lighting/Thunder 5
Weakness: Psychic

And last but not least, (to clean up with the player absences), you have Felix, Ryuka and Tatsumi added to your Soulshell as Overseering partners. You also clearly win over Ataraxia.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 12, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Etemenanki

Akio: Your pour your heart into perfect execution, your eyes straining, your fingers rigid, your muscle memory flowing along in perfect button pressing sequence thanks to your practice and serious effort even on beginner content... you match the movements and the Mark calls of Charlotte, juggling Bael'waag's rage between the two of you while riding the razor's edge of sufficiently healed and dead with the next hit! The [ORDER] DPS react to an emergency call and blow several cooldowns to sweep away the new bolters and to push Bael'waag down to the coveted 0%...

But.

At 5%, Bael'waag suddenly grows swollen with bloated might and bounces everyone in melee back, his great bubble flaring up and granting the already huge frog a critical mass! Even the tanks are knocked back as the great Fey Lord takes up his discarded bolter in one hand, his cleaver held in a death grip in his primary hand. He slowly deflates as he turns and clutches his lips together for a moment... a second later he lashes out with a great sticky tongue the size of a log, seizing two of your DPS and swallowing them in an instant! He's so large that there's no sign of them within, just muffled yells.

: "I will NEVERRRR yield, boy!" Bael'waag's voice rises clear and terrible, an after-echo of pure power following every word. His presence is Lordly. "Strrrrrength vs strrrrrength! I will settle this NOW!" Bael'waag turns and drives his blade towards Ambrose! With a climatic slice he splays the swordmage's blood down either side of his own body, neatly slashing into the exact center of his body.

Moving to withdraw his arm and level his bolter for an immediate combo, Bael'waag shimmers and warps to the side, suddenly finding that his arm is stuck in place. He moves to withdraw it from Charlotte's two-handed grip on her blade and emits the tiniest gasp as the sword flares with beautiful golden light, a large +Attack and Rooting Effect appearing under Charlotte's health bar.

: Charlotte's text spreads in a chat bubble over her head serendipitously. "Violated my Mark."

Bael'waag roars and lifts his bolter hand skyward, intending to club Charlotte. Bael'waag is Flanked, Granting Combat Advantage and Raging, reducing his Defenses by 8 total down to AC/F/R/W: 19/20/16/22. His right arm is held in place and his health is low...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko (Ancient Ruins Run)

Noriko lets out a sharp gasp as she looks over the support persona. "oh! oh!! Cooll!!" she exclaims with some uncharacteristic enthusiasm as the Gibbering Sphere drops off the loot list and lands in her support persona slot.

Guild Chat:
pre:
Memento-Mori: (ㅇㅅㅇ❀) hey
Memento-Mori: (ㅇㅅㅇ❀) we should give the pubbie some loot
Memento-Mori: (ㅇㅅㅇ❀) i have taken great pleasure in the malice of kindness tonight
Memento-Mori: (ㅇㅅㅇ❀) it would really make my day to cap it off with an upgrade for her
(I'll take those blood-soaked chanters as well if nobody needs them)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 12, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Miho!" Tsukiyo is fairly surprised by that turn of events, and tries to hold her friend's shoulders carefully. "Who did this to you? Ugh, so that's why I couldn't find you in lunchtime, isn't it? drat it I should have..." She grits her teeth, anger flushing to her face.

Flagelo

"Are you an admin, old timer?" Flagelo asks the long-nosed man while picking up a pair of gauntlets and quickly equipping it.

[Guild chat]
pre:
Flagelo: Fine with me.
Flagelo: I mean, she did more than the stupid lizard and the others who disconnected.
Taking the Gauntlets only. Orokos sheet updated.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Lunchtime

"Me? Yeah, I tank as well. I play a Swordmage..."

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Hit it.

Ambrose's eyes shoot open wide in shock as Bael'waag's massive cleaver sinks into him. Standing frozen in front of the towering beast he can feel the warmth of his own blood dripping down his sword arm and splatter on the ground beneath him. His grip loosens on his weapon and bit by bit it slips out of his hand until it falls to the ground with a clatter, leaving him without any way to defend himself. All he can do is to stand and defiantly look up at the bullywog Prince as he trains his bolter on him with a wicked grin on his bulbous green face, preparing to deliver the coup de grace.

But... that's all he needed to do, wasn't it? He'd only fought side by side with Charlotte for a few minutes but he trusted her implicitly as a fellow tank. To worry about what would come next would be to spit in her face.

"My strength pitted against your strength? That's what you think this is? You keep making the same mistake over and over again..." Ambrose coughs weakly, spitting up blood. "You think that you can pick us off one at a time..." He wipes the blood from his mouth with the back of his hand, revealing a confident smirk on his lips a mere moment before his tanking partner interrupts the fatal blow and whisks Bael'waag away! "...when in truth, we're one and the same!" With a sudden burst of strength Ambrose rushes forward and blinks high into the air above Bael'waag as Charlotte pins him in place. As he comes crashing down towards the monstrous frog a swirl of blue magic surges from his left arm and materializes into his silver spellblade. He grips the longsword with both hands and drives it downward into the skull of Bael'waag.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

(Did anything come of my offer to go to the student council with Ryuka+her moons?)

Saturday After School
"Hi Miho, I'm Itsumi! Are you ok??? How long were you trapped here?? We need to find whoever did this to you!" Itsumi says, her voice dripping with genuine concern.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Saturday, After School

Itsumi: Ryuka and her friends agree to see you at the meeting. (Scene finish.)

Tsukiyo, Takashi, Akio, Itsumi: : "I-I'm fine, thanks for the help..." Miho wrings her hands together and looks away, clearly unused to this much attention.

Passive Insight: And clearly hiding something...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"You're not fine at all..." Tsukiyo shakes her head, looking distraught. "Who did this? We need to go to the principal's office ASAP! Or should we go to the nurse first, I mean, you're bruised..."

e: Updated token.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 17, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

After School

There's still a trace left of the scowl on Akio's normally blank face and a sharpness to his eyes as he looks at Miho. "Miho, you wanna spend the rest of your time at Naoki in this dusty closet? It's not gonna end unless someone does something about it and you shouldn't have to suffer through this alone. Tsukiyo is your friend right? Listen to her and let us help. We don't have to go to the principal if you don't want to but at least tell us what's going on."

"Uh, I'm Akio by the way."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

Saturday Lunch:
"Oh nice! I've had to build for mobility, but you just get to be mobile. I love that DDW doesn't punish for multiple tanks in groups. If you're down to do some group content, text me.

[exchange contact details]

Saturday After School:
Takashi stays quiet, since he doesn't really know Miho or Tsukiyo very well, but he isn't happy to find this happening. He begins trying to find any clues as to who did this.

Perception: 1d20+3 19
---
Updated sheet - combat block to follow.
.attak

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Lunch

Akio perks up a bit, getting to talk about DDW. "Sure, I'd be up for grouping up sometime! I've played damage and support in other games before but I've come to realize that I like tanking the most. Standing side by side with another tank you've learned to rely upon, facing impossible odds together and keeping each other from breaking under the pressure. There's a special bond that I feel you miss out on playing other roles."

[Guess I'll fall victim to peer pressure and exchange contact details too!]

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko (after school)

"...honestly," she says after a pause, looking down at the clipboard. "I really just came to complain about a lack of available clubs. And yet..." taking the pen, she jots her name down on the line. "...student activities are bland and pedestrian affairs, the result of efforts by bland and pedestrian students. i'd like to make this a more interesting year."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Lunch

Akio, Takashi: : Jun chuckles. "You make me feel like I'm missing out, but DPS have our own pride as well."

Exchanging contact info with each other and Jun, you're now aware of each others player status(Takashi as .attak and Akio as Ambrose) and have made a friend in Jun, who as he mentioned is a Rogue. The three of you spend the rest of lunch shooting the poo poo over typical pratfalls of newbie players and avoiding them.

---

After School

Takashi, Tsukiyo, Itsumi, Akio: Akio Diplomacy 6 + 4(DM Fiat) = 10
Tsukiyo Diplomacy 15 + 4(DM Fiat) + 2 Assistance(Akio) = 21

: Miho wilts a bit under Akio's dramatic statements, even more so with Tsukiyo's sincere concern. She takes Tsukiyo's hand and holds it, finally looking at her face to face. "Uh..uhm.. it was... Manami..." She looks embarrassed, lowering her head, staring down at the floor. "She always picks on me... back in middle school. All my friends left me alone after awhile... to get away from her." Miho inhales a few times. "Manami's a creepy girl with a big scar on her face... prolly cause she fights all the time..." Her grip on Tsukiyo's hand tightens and she looks up, eyes watering. "I don't want you to stop being my friend, Tsuki."

Takashi (Perception) You notice a crumpled up and discarded gum wrapper. It's disgusting, but it has fresh saliva. Probably belongs to Miho's tormentors... the foil logo indicates it is Cutie Stripes brand.

Noriko: : When you finish signing, you feel a terrible shadow looming over y... ah, Takano's looking at you, still. She tilts her head back a bit as she withdraws the clipboard and scans your name. "Naoki is famed for the effort placed into its extracurricular activities. Our alumni often use it as a basis to apply to the top schools. The only thing bland and pedestrian to me is how a first year would criticize a school they just came to." She relaxes a little and even smiles. "Our topic of discussion today is preparing for the recruitment drive next week. Although official clubs begin near the end of the month, we encourage those interested to take initiative." Looking over the pen in her hand for a moment, Takano pauses and thinks in total silence. Then she circles your name on the clipboard...

: "I'm sure I can count on you to help us. We'll be setting up some booths next week and would like student volunteers. Tell me what club you wish to join, Noriko, and I can help you afterwards..."

---

Ancient Ruins Run

: "Oh, don't mind me. Somebody has to keep so many clashing scapes in balance..." Loot delivered, the Old Man vanishes.

You decide that your Birb deserves a treat.

: "Thank you! You're pretty good at this... you can call on me again." Drusilla accepts an invitation into your Soulshell and soon logs off for the night.

: Ataraxia takes her own piece of loot and beams as she addresses the group. "That was really wonderful! It feels so good to get those guys back! If you ever need help, I've got your back!" She bids everybody a fond farewell and prepares to log as well. "And welcome to [Ailuridae]!" Ataraxia takes off as well, also joining your Soulshell. It seems you have a potent list of possible Overseers(2 per group)... you can also try to call upon your friends to instead join the party as full characters instead, but they may be occupied. (And I'll be cleaning up our three absentees to full NPC status.)

quote:

Drusilla: Bird's Eye View(Passive): +4 Initiative, +2 Perception.
Sage's Will(Daily): Extend the duration of all existing UEONT effects by another turn(One per PC.)
Ataraxia: Ant's Bite(Passive): Marks apply Ongoing 2 Poison(Minions exempt.)
Last Stand(Daily): No Ally can be reduced below 1 HP on this turn(trigger: 2+ PCs call for it on their turn or as a reaction.)
Felix: Execution(Passive): Attacks that reduce a target to 5 HP or less instead reduce them to 0 HP.
Ninjutsu(Daily): All PCs may Shift up to 3 Squares this turn. Movement lost if not used.
Ryuka: Blowhard(Passive): +1 to all Damage.
Greater Fireball(Daily): 1d20+6 vs Reflex in Ranged Burst 2(5x5), deals 2d6+6 Damage
Sato: Hell Powder(Passive): +2 to all Fire Damage and +2 Intimidate.
Hell Feast(Daily): Allows 2 Allies to use Healing Surges + 1d6. Those Healed gain +2 Attack on their next Power.

And with that the Ancient Ruins Run is finished.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 1, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Etemenanki

A fresh wave of blood red static washes over your field of vision as you impact. The sounds of several well-delivered bits of rotational DPS overcomes the fading encounter music and everything holds for a moment as presumably several scripts should end and Bael'waag's death animation and corpse model should be loading.

With a roar of defiance and a sickening snap Bael'waag tears his sword hand away from Charlotte's blade, wet greasy fat and heavy red-blue blood spilling forth from the half-sheared forearm. With an admirable grit he takes your fatal blow with exposed bone to safeguard his skull... vision returns and all sound is cut off by a climatic CRACK!! as you sever Bael'waag's sword arm, the hand falling while still gripping the mighty cleaver.

: "YOU... YOU... VERRRMIN..." The sheer hate emanating from those beady eyes is unsettling, like a sudden flash of an old retro-grade horror sprite. Unable to see anything tangible, your mind fills in the blanks with speculation and fear for a moment. As if aware that he is obligated to step off stage, Bael'waag grunts as his outline shimmers for a moment before the ethereal blue aura in his own shape steps aside and collapses to the side, clearly bleeding from the head where you would have struck. "THIS... ISN'T OVERRR..."

: "The Frog that Sees Beyond the Well... hmm, my my, what prodigious power. I'd hope we could harvest some of that!" The rest of the group executes a disciplined turn to address the bolters, only relaxing when they despawn. Bael'waag turns and his model soon fades away as he stomps off, deeper into the labyrinthian halls of Etemenanki.

A shimmering golden column rises from the massive cleaver embedded in the ground. Cheers rise in voice chat as it becomes clear that the boss is down for the first time since release! A world first!

: One of the DPS lumbers over to the cleaver and looks it up and down, pausing to shake his head. His voice rumbles out from his helmet like it is severely constrained by the metal, a deep rumbling from within. "Sloppy. Is this really a video we can share with the world?"

Charlotte types, as usual. "A kill is a kill, and only six of us were really new. They deserve glory in this as well. Be proud."

: "Of course, of course." One of the ranged casters glides up, literally floating on an ethereal black cloud constantly generating from the hem of a robe made of stars and pure void matter. She waggles a perfectly pink wand that matches her hair, conjuring up a set of floating books and an abacus and beginning calculations. "Shall we go over this Lordly Loot?"

Akio: Ambrose swiftly finds himself surrounded... by the other hopefuls and even several [ORDER] neophytes. Praise and questions begin to rain on you!

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

Saturday After School:
Noting the Cutie Stripes brand, Takashi makes a mental note to watch for students chewing that variety of gum - maybe even Miho's offered name, Manami, which he is highly skeptical on.

"I'm glad you're feeling better, Miho. Are you up to coming to the Student Council gathering with us? We don't have to report this if you don't want to."

---

.attak
Taking the Boar Hooves, since I wear Scale.

Updated combat block:
pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 67/67 (THP: 0)       AC:   25    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 14/14 (V: 14)    For:  21    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +7   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6                 Will: 22    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [4/4]      Fortune Points: [2/2]

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand     [ ] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Accelerating Strike
Blurred Step            [ ] Mark of the Vigilante       [ ] Inconstant Location
Mind Spike              [ ] Mighty Sprint               [ ] Inspiring Fortitude
Conductive Defense      [ ] Infernal Wrath
Concussive Spike        [ ] Second Wind 
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Indomitable: +2 to saves vs. daze, dominate, or stun.
Resolve: +2 to saves vs. poison, weakened, slowed, or immobilize.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Forceful:  Enemies moved by pushes or slides can instead be knocked prone for -1 distance.
Battering: Spend a surge to weaken any enemy hit by attack.
Massive: -1 movement to any incoming push, pull, or slide.
Molten: DR8 vs. Fire
Vitality: DR3 vs. Necrotic
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

Item Powers:
Guardian Mask: D(F/A): Range 3, create 1/1 + 1/1 minion that cannot move. +14 attack, 1d4 + 5, slows and marks (UEONT). (AC/F/R/W 15, - 12 + 1/2 level)
Boar Hooves: D(N/A): Trigger: You Push, Pull or Slide a Creature. It is Slowed USOMNT

IRL:
Academics: +1  - **   [+1 Int/Wis Skills]
Charm: +1      - ***  [+2 Dex/Cha Skills]
Courage: +1    - **   [+1 Str/Con Skills]

Mortify fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 19, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko (after school)

"...heh." Noriko's lips curve in the very slightest hint of a smirk. "touche`. i was being unfair."

she thinks for a long minute. flower arrangement. flower arrangement. flower arrangement. flower arrangement... "...Occult studies." she blurts it out and the phrase hangs in the air like an unpleasant belch.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"It's... It's ok, Miho. I won't leave you." She squeezes Miho's hand and stares right at her eyes, a fierce determination forming on her face. "I'll find this Manami, and I'll talk to her and she won't ever, ever, ever do anything to you again or get close to any of your friends." No matter what it takes, she'll take care of this.

"But... Are you really sure you don't want to talk to one of the directors or the council?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Saturday Afternoon

Tsukiyo: Miho looks up, clearly unsure of what she heard! Her disbelief soon fades away, replaced by beaming joy.

: "Oh! Thank you, Tsuki!" She returns the affection hand pump and bounces on her feet. "A-are you sure? They'll come after you too..." She has a sad little forlorn smile for a moment, then grins. "But uhm, you're really the cool type, huh... you're not afraid of that." Letting your hand go, Miho seems a bit self-conscious but tries to put on a bit of new confidence, smiling at the others. "Hello... uhm, I'm Miho... Tsuki's friend... it's nice to meet you!" She suddenly remembers something and gasps. "Uhm, Tsuki, do you have a phone? ... Minami took mine... and I missed my train..." With a sigh she looks down.

As you're leaving the hallway, Miho whispers to you: "I... uhm, I don't want to... tell anyone. It's really embarrassing... and the last time I did... it got really awful for a few weeks..." She sighs again, but looks better for getting it off her chest.

Takashi, Tsukiyo, Itsumi, Akio: With this tender little moment finished, you could still sit in on the Student Council Meeting. Or use the rest of the day and night as you see fit! Miho tags along with Tsukiyo for now.

Takashi: Miho stammers a bit when you address her, then smiles and shakes her head.

: "N-no thank you, I believe in Tsuki!" She laughs awkwardly and rubs the back of her head, looking away.

---

Student Council Meeting

Noriko: It seems unpleasant, but Takano breaks the ice with a sincere chuckle and smile.

: "You sound like my sister. I'm sure there will be a small group watching horror movies all year long... but if you write a clear proposal for me to give to the principle, I can argue for a beginner textbook into researching paranormal phenomenon, theory and research." She regards you very sternly. "It has to be an argument with some academic merit or it will be dismissed as frivolous." She flips the sign-in sheet up and begins jotting down some unseen notes, then looks up, her eyes lit with a senior's concern! "Was there anything else? Some hobbies are more formal than others. More profound."

Everyone: The Student Council meeting begins with the introduction of Hattori Takano, the current Student Council President. The elder Hattori sister looks like a more elegant and conservative version of her sister, a bit taller, longer hair, and a businesswoman's bearing. You couldn't ask for a more expected council head... after a brief introduction of a few others(treasurer, etc) she gives a brief lecture on the business of fund raising and the need for students to communicate with club heads to see what they need for the year and if the school can afford it...

: "Furthermore, many local businesses are happy to help Naoki locals. I also believe that this will be the second year the Junes Superstore will provide sports equipment, assuming a prompt discussion with their head manager and the set up of some small advertising materials. Wataru will have those printed for us by next week." She regards any newcomers, including giving a very pointed look at Ryuka and her two friends who definitely stopped by. "Next Friday the Student Council will be setting up for the little recruitment festival on the 23rd. I'm looking for volunteers and anyone who helps will be given an academic merit and a little extra weight in joining any club they wish, if necessary..." Her cool voice rings out over the room as the last presentation slide fades away and somebody turns on the lights. Pacing back to the head of the table Takano sets her paperwork down and looks the room over again before speaking a bit more bluntly: "On to new business. I've been told about a group of students from a nearby school harassing Naoki students on their way home from school. Our own administration cannot keep up with them and I would like to deal with this if possible before contacting the police." She holds her hands up and shakes her head a bit, smirking. "It's almost like I need a bancho here... I wouldn't condone such a thing, but having somebody capable enough to do it in the student body reflects well upon us."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko

"mm. my interests in the subject are mostly academic. ancient mysticism, funerary rites, light necromancy. i have some materials i can bring from home as well." she pauses for a minute and shrugs at the suggestion. "...i used to do flower arrangement at my old school. i don't know if my work would resonate in the setting anymore, though. it's become rather personal."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

After School

It was painful to see Miho like that before she brightened up, Akio knew what she was feeling all too well... She was really lucky to have someone like Tsukiyo call her friend, she had a good heart.

"Manami, huh..." Akio didn't know who Manami was of course, but a creepy girl with a big scar on her face who likes to get into fights? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who that is. Not that he knew what exactly to do about someone like her, just talking to her probably wouldn't be enough. There had to be some way to get to her though, maybe he could do some research.

"Hey Miho, Tsukiyo. I know it's none of my business but I'd like to help too if that's alright. I can't stand bullies."

Student Council Meeting

Akio follows along with the others to the Student Council meeting, not that he had any true interest in it. Volunteering sounded like a pain, but it might be worth it for academic merit. He'd already missed almost a whole week of classes because of the move and he had to make sure to get top grades no matter what. So yeah, guess that's decided then.

Akio raises his hand. "I volunteer for helping out with the recruitment festival. Yamamura Akio."

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose stares off into the distance, deeper into Etemenanki, half ignoring all the people swarming him. Despite the apparent victory he felt a sense of unease. It was so odd, why had only Bael'waag's shadow died? The way he had spoken during the fight too, it had all seemed so personal. Sure wasn't like any of the raid boss encounters he'd watched videos of.

He tersely answers some of the questions the people crowding him are asking then pushes past them and walks up to the senior members of [ORDER]. He gives a deep bow. "It was a pleasure to be allowed on this trial run, and to be part of a world first kill. I hope my conduct was found satisfactory." His eyes drift to the glowing pillar of light surrounding Bael'waag's cleaver. A touchy subject, and he did not want to spoil his chances of securing a guild membership, but maybe he had impressed them enough to get something. Just a tiny little poke then. "Did he drop anything good?"

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"It's fine, it's fine." Tsukiyo pats Miho's head. "If you don't want to talk now I'll respect that. But if... If in the case I don't manage to solve it..." She then picks up her cellphone and hands it to Miho before turning to Akio. "I... I'm ok. I think I can handle that." She obviously doesn't trust him to help her with what she's currently planning after all.

Student Council Briefing

Tsuki diligently raises her hand. "Hey, er, Tsukiyo Chaves. I'm volunteering for help with the Festival. But regarding that last part... Isn't it a better idea to know from which school those bullies are and report them?" Unfortunately she's not feeling like becoming a sukeban, especially with all this stuff around Miho lately.