Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

BadLlama posted:

fy_poolparty was the superior pool map.

Sledge would disrespect privacy and destroy the locker rooms immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Dvsilverwing posted:

Edit: Hard did you guys give out free boosters or something? I didn't have one last night, and now I have a single 1 day booster.

Not sure about yesterday but this perhaps ?

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/819272170257969152

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Huh... weird. Did that offer require a verified ubi.com email by any chance?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
huh? No i think it's just as the tweet says but i wouldn't be surprised that even though it's written at the past tense that you've just received it.

Support has the history of giving out boosters following unexpected downtimes and thats the only recent one i'm seeing.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

Say while you are "in the mood" might I bring your attention to this lovely garbage person?

I'm not sure I even understand some of these insults but MEMES ya'll.

Seriously while I don't know how much you guys actually look at the report flags on players I'd love for a racist behavior flag to be added.

That kind of poo poo, unfortunately, happens way too often.

Are you just digging up old pictures since i'm triggered or did this happened recently?

As for the report i'll repeat it once more, i know the tool is vague as gently caress but enough tickets on the same account and they'll have a look at it. You might not believe me when i say this but battleye isn't loving around.
Someones acting like a dick? Report him to battleye, even if hes not cheating.

I know you don't get that sweet justice of public execution and you don't get to see his dumbfounded loving face when he tries to log in only to get greeted by a ban screen but be the bigger man, report him, trust the system and move on.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hard posted:

Are you just digging up old pictures since i'm triggered or did this happened recently?

As for the report i'll repeat it once more, i know the tool is vague as gently caress but enough tickets on the same account and they'll have a look at it. You might not believe me when i say this but battleye isn't loving around.

I know you don't get that sweet justice of public execution and you don't get to see his dumbfounded loving face when he tries to log in only to get greeted by a ban screen but be the bigger man, report him, trust the system and move on.

Given what I'm seeing in games recently, BattleEye does indeed NOT gently caress around. It's something amazing to just see the full hour strike and swift justice is applied to like 50 people at once. I love how it's in waves, it's so spectacular this whole week.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard posted:

Hard, take a day off. You've earned it.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I might have missed it earlier in the thread but how do you report someone to Battleye? Is it just through their website or is there a Uplay or in-game option?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Tab, click on their name. You might have to middle mouse to bring mouse up on the scoreboard I think

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/aqgyn

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
nevermind misread!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I pooped my pants just watching.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hard fix your hostage AI

https://clips.twitch.tv/historichair/CuriousGaurBloodTrail

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

loving jumpscares!!

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hard posted:

This happened same day I posted it.

Listen man I believe you when you say battleye doesn't gently caress around mostly because the people I've reported have magically stopped reporting to the siege stats sites. :)

But for this guy specifically I was going through the process of censoring the chat so I could post our guys ACE on his team when I saw your response to Jones.

If you'd prefer this kind of stuff not be brought to your attention I'm happy to just send the reports into battleye and let them do their thing.

Can't blame ya for not wanting to have to look at that kind of garbage cause I definitely don't.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

This happened same day I posted it.

Listen man I believe you when you say battleye doesn't gently caress around mostly because the people I've reported have magically stopped reporting to the siege stats sites. :)

But for this guy specifically I was going through the process of censoring the chat so I could post our guys ACE on his team when I saw your response to Jones.

If you'd prefer this kind of stuff not be brought to your attention I'm happy to just send the reports into battleye and let them do their thing.

Can't blame ya for not wanting to have to look at that kind of garbage cause I definitely don't.

Reading myself again, i sounded a lot more angry than i really was. In no way that was directed at either you or Jones as i assume you were referring to my edit on the date the incident happened. I apologise if thats what you felt.

As for Jones i took it upon myself to forward this pic even if he didn't tell me to ''fix my game''. Customer support isn't my dept but i assume they need to be impartial when enforcing the code of conduct, however, at the end of the day were all human and some subject are more touchy than others.

When i sent Jone's pic it was revealed that those guys did get punished at the time (maybe not for the specific match but it probably contributed if you reported them) and i was questioned on why it resurfaced. Out of the 4 only 1 learned his lesson while 2 still have this kind of behaviour to this day and this just earned them an even harsher punishment than the one they were given back in october(?!)

By the way the only reason i'm disclosing this is because the bans are publicly broadcasted so don't ask for any specific info. :)

oh and i did send the pics you posted here. Let's see if his brother working at Ubi will help him out of this one.

Hard fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 19, 2017

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

<3 Hard.

*EDIT*

/brownnose

Thanks for all you do man.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 19, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

IceOrb posted:

<3 Hard.

*EDIT*

/brownnose

Thanks for all you do man.

What is this poo poo. Fix your loving game Hard.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

You gotta be nice to Hard every now and then.

You beat a hooker too much they'll eventually go to the police.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So what's up with claymores? Since I died on my buddies one as IQ, I've been seeing a few people blow themselves up with the claymores they set up, and a few teamkills. Can it be that they pick up enemies through walls? Cause it always was right next to the objectives...

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

You gotta be nice to Hard every now and then.

You beat a hooker too much they'll eventually go to the police.

In this case the hooker is also an undercover cop.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Kikas posted:

So what's up with claymores? Since I died on my buddies one as IQ, I've been seeing a few people blow themselves up with the claymores they set up, and a few teamkills. Can it be that they pick up enemies through walls? Cause it always was right next to the objectives...

This might be related to the breach charge that blew up in my hands

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Invitational website went up.
http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-CA/events/sixinvitational/index.aspx

Also no, i'm not in the video.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hard posted:

Invitational website went up.
http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-CA/events/sixinvitational/index.aspx

Also no, i'm not in the video.

Will there be hot girls there?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

e: You took this picture in October 2016 and still wave it around? Dang.

It was one of the more egregious ones that I screenshotted to go with lohli saying this:

lohli posted:

People aren't complaining about people going "gently caress/poo poo" when they get owned, they're complaining about people flooding chat with things like "kill yourself niggerfaggot".

I've got others that are more recent but they're more out of nowhere against us than that was.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 19, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Party Plane Jones posted:

It was one of the more egregious ones that I screenshotted to go with lohli saying this:

I've got others that are more recent but they're more out of nowhere against us than that was.

Yeah it's as i said in IceOrb's reply, i took it upon myself to forward it without really thinking it through. Kinda happy that 2 of them were still assholes though, it earned them a ban.

afkmacro posted:

Will there be hot girls there?
I'll be there for the finals Sunday and i'm pretty hot.

e: VV_ It's Canadian winter man if I'm fuming I just need to step outside. Though I appreciate the thought.

Hard fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 20, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard posted:

I'll be there for the finals Sunday and i'm pretty hot.

I'll mail you a table fan as a reward for all your Hard work, that should help.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Finally finished my placement matches tonight. Somehow, despite being a hot bag of dogshit most game, I place gold1. Then had a great game where apparently everyone else aims like a spaz. Really enjoying this game now that I'm starting to "get" certain parts. I'll try to hop in the discord or mumble or whatever more. I felt it was better that I just solo queue through my growing pains. Hit me up if you see me online. I'll happily be your rook in shining armor.

uplay M0istGrandma

This was probably my best game of the lot. Only fell off the roof twice this time!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I hit Gold 2 after the initial placement matches and then the game took off the kids gloves and hit me with players who actually knew the barrel from the butt of the gun, so prepare for disappoinment.
Dipped down to Copper 4 at one point, but now making my steady climb back to Gold. Gotta say, when you stick to ranked, stomps are way way less common, and many matches go into overtime, because the game actually feels balanced. It's great.

Sometimes buggy tho - the gadget uses counter on the hud is broken for Ash and Doc at least, and yesterday I've hit a bug where I got my Exothermic charge destroyed as Thermite by someone peeking from outside, and I couldn't place the second one, all that popped up was the detonation animation. Possibly cost us a round, so that was pretty annoying.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The counter doesn't work for any gadget that you bring our and has an ammo counter

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Kikas posted:

I hit Gold 2 after the initial placement matches and then the game took off the kids gloves and hit me with players who actually knew the barrel from the butt of the gun, so prepare for disappoinment.
Dipped down to Copper 4 at one point, but now making my steady climb back to Gold. Gotta say, when you stick to ranked, stomps are way way less common, and many matches go into overtime, because the game actually feels balanced. It's great.

Sometimes buggy tho - the gadget uses counter on the hud is broken for Ash and Doc at least, and yesterday I've hit a bug where I got my Exothermic charge destroyed as Thermite by someone peeking from outside, and I couldn't place the second one, all that popped up was the detonation animation. Possibly cost us a round, so that was pretty annoying.

Right on. I'm fine with my level tanking as I'd rather be matched with people of similar skill than not enjoying rounds against people that just walk all over me and stressing about my ranking. Getting stomped by a group of 150+ Level type people when our team is all like sub 90 was not fun.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The game is sputtering on the menus and the match will start with a black screen, and other load like poo poo stuff is happening. The game was fine last night. What could be going on?

edit: maybe it's only running like poo poo on terrorist hunt? weird af

e2: no it just freezes a bit during multiplayer too

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 21, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Did you try restarting your machine?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Try turning off shadowplay.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I fixed it. I don't use shadowplay. I cleared some poo poo in the registry because windows update was getting pissy

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/0q0x3

Having cameras in the objective occasionally works out.

also I have no idea how the gently caress I pulled this one off; 2 of my kills were during the switch to ADS:

https://streamable.com/b16l3

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 21, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I always put a camera in the objective on Secure Container. Rarely on Defuse Bomb so you can call out when they're placing the defuser, mainly because it requires two cameras. Never on Rescue Hostage, because it's always too late by the time the camera is useful.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

We started the night against two completely savage teams.

When we got this group they were all low level so naturally we assumed they were smurfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABXHNg73OE

Conclusion: not smurfs.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

By Valk's noodly appendage

https://gfycat.com/QualifiedWellgroomedIndianskimmer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KagteMMyYxI

Basticle fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005