Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

ruddiger posted:

Now you listen to me.

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Do not reject Miguel Ferrer, for he has not rejected you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww-88rwt4ms

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ruddiger posted:

I'm still mourning Miguel Ferrer so I'm a little on edge too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xVSYrZsnsQ

I sent this exact same clip to my band's chat thread as soon as I got the news so :respek:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yo, Blair Witch has really sick cinematography. It's pretty tight all around.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Watched a Joe Biden speech, he looks and sounds like an older Bob Odenkirk

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
re: protesters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UandiFW8LfI

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

ruddiger posted:

Boogey: I got into it with cops during the protests in 2001 when the US illegally invaded Afghanistan. CPD herded the downtown crowds into killzones and started busting heads and arresting everyone starting from the outside of the group working their way in. The only way we could escape arrest was by bullrushing the cop line and making a loving a break for it. I don't have a police record from that night so I was one of the lucky ones who got out, but yes, I have fought with cops, I've been beaten by cops, I had dogs sicced on my by cops and had cops point their guns to my temple asking me if I wanted my brains blown all over a wall. But that's just average Chicago teenager poo poo.

In 2001 I was 13; what are you, like, a zillion?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Vegetable posted:

Watched a Joe Biden speech, he looks and sounds like an older Bob Odenkirk

The one he did in Wilmington? I dunno if anyone actually used it but I was TDing the feed going to the big screens in the room and we provided a feed for any media who couldn't stake a spot in the room itself, so you may have seen some of my work

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ruddiger posted:

I love you Uncle Boogeyman.
Not in Pence's America you don't.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

That movie blew me away.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
After The Wailing, Blair Witch is the second best horror movie I saw from 2016. What a finish! Allusions to Perseus and Orpheus?! How could I not?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That movie blew me away.

It's amazingly visceral and definitely one of the best stage-to-screen adaptations, though I'd still love to see it on Broadway with some heavy hitters.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
XXX 3 is just a shameless trashy rip off of Fast and The Furious cinematic universe. Still more enjoyable then Rogue One though.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hidden Figures is pretty good. Hope Taraji P. Henson gets some awards consideration at the very least, though the rest of the cast is also fun (and Hardison from Leverage is in it!)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Death By The Blues posted:

XXX 3 is just a shameless trashy rip off of Fast and The Furious cinematic universe. Still more enjoyable then Rogue One though.

Gonna see it tomorrow but looking forward to Deepika Padukone.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The one he did in Wilmington? I dunno if anyone actually used it but I was TDing the feed going to the big screens in the room and we provided a feed for any media who couldn't stake a spot in the room itself, so you may have seen some of my work
Yep that's the one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH4lbbrnnm0

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Real question - tell me more about why violent or destructive revolution is better than not? No hate actually wondering.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Anyway, I apologize for pressing ruddiger so much, I'm a little keyed up today. I still maintain that calling protesters "cowards" - when those same protesters are, in fact, risking getting tear gassed, concussion grenaded, and beaten by riot cops - because they're not going so far is to commit capital murder, is hosed up.

ruddiger's the guy who thought the lessons the democrats should learn from the election is to be less partisan and compromise with the right more, so keep that in mind when you read his posts about politics.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't think it would be possible for the democrats to compromise with the republicans more

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bows1 posted:

Real question - tell me more about why violent or destructive revolution is better than not? No hate actually wondering.

https://twitter.com/foldablehuman/status/822652976540090368

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This is so good I was strongly tempted to just steal it.

https://twitter.com/kshipwhitecat/status/822594806123757568

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FishBulb posted:

I don't think it would be possible for the democrats to compromise with the republicans more

Senate just confirmed Trumps nominee for Sec of Defense 98-1, that seems like a pretty big compromise.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

CPL593H posted:

I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.

As awful as listening to 40 odd seconds of that jackhole talking is, the build up makes it so much sweeter.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Skwirl posted:

Senate just confirmed Trumps nominee for Sec of Defense 98-1, that seems like a pretty big compromise.

That's what I mean though. They've been doing poo poo like that since 1980.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Maybe the real punching Richard Spencer in the face was the friends we made along the way

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I just saw Ken Russell's Crimes of Passion for the first time and I have wasted the previous 32 years of my life because I was not watching Crimes of Passion the whole time.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

K. Waste posted:

After The Wailing, Blair Witch is the second best horror movie I saw from 2016. What a finish! Allusions to Perseus and Orpheus?! How could I not?

I'm gonna wanna talk about Blair Witch with you after I rewatch it. I really dug it when it came out, but since then my enthusiasm has faded.

Glamorama26 posted:

I just saw Ken Russell's Crimes of Passion for the first time and I have wasted the previous 32 years of my life because I was not watching Crimes of Passion the whole time.

This is exactly how I felt after I saw The Devils.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Did The Devils ever get an actual honest to goodness uncut version?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Glamorama26 posted:

wikipedia posted:

Rock musician Rick Wakeman performed the synthesizer-heavy score, the majority of which is made up of melodies directly lifted from Czech composer Antonín Dvořák's "New World Symphony".

:shittypop:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I'm watching Akira for the second time ever and my cat is digging it hard. She's like Bowman at the end of A Space Odyssey.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

I can confirm the soundtrack is insane and really great and boy oh boy. It compliments the tone of the film wonderfully.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lurdiak posted:

This is so good I was strongly tempted to just steal it.

https://twitter.com/kshipwhitecat/status/822594806123757568

This tweet is great, especially because the last sentence reads like "Let the nazi poo poo the floor" and I think about good ol' Chuck Johnson and his neckbearded, floor-making GBS threads self.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Glamorama26 posted:

Ken Russel is a guy who's movies I hated when I was a teenager but the older I get the more I love them. Lisztomania is like the best movie ever made.

LesterGroans posted:

I'm watching Akira for the second time ever and my cat is digging it hard. She's like Bowman at the end of A Space Odyssey.

My cat had to get his tooth pulled out and now I have to give him some foul smelling medicine every day, he is pretty upset with me. If he wasn't the sweetest cat ever he'd probably claw the poo poo out of me.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Oh yeah, taking my 2nd shot at twitter because my original got hijacked. Join me, friends: https://mobile.twitter.com/Unrealized_Tomb

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Lurdiak posted:

My cat had to get his tooth pulled out and now I have to give him some foul smelling medicine every day, he is pretty upset with me. If he wasn't the sweetest cat ever he'd probably claw the poo poo out of me.

Hope that cat's at least getting doped up. Cats are cool.

I have a rescue greyhound who had to get most of her teeth pulled a couple months ago. She has a couple little hosed up teeth and Ol' Chomper now. It's heartening how quickly they bounce back and adapt though. Plus she got some sick drugs.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Death By The Blues posted:

Highly doubt it because Rogue One owns.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

CelticPredator posted:

Highly doubt it because Rogue One owns.

Would you like to, ahem, see a drawing

e: Since we were talking about our creative projects and all, it pertains to that comic I told you I was tinkering with

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jan 21, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

McDonald's Filet-o-Fish is the biggest scam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Come on it's like 3rd biggest scam, tops.

• Locked thread