Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm really getting frustrated enough with H2H to quit the game. Now, even on plays that aren't countered my O-line might as well not be there. I have:

OT Andre Witworth 97 OVR
G Jordan Evans 97 OVR
C Rodney Hudson 97 OVR
G Kyle Long 95 OVR
OT Joe Staley 97 OVR
TE Tyler Eifert 99 OVR

And I have no longer than 2-3 seconds for any kind of pass. The Defensive ends runs up to the tackle and says pardon me and the tackle lets him through, even steps aside for him to be polite. The guards and Center must be frightened of something because they want to run to the QB for protection. I've at 4 mil fans in Madden II and it seems like the game resents me for being there. I'm to the point where I'm thinking of just forfeiting every match I have and quitting the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I drafted a 79 OVR CB in my franchise's most recent draft and he's got good stats, good speed, good coverage skills, but he's got slow development. Young too at 21.

He's my #3 CB right now. Is it worth it to try to focus on him with training and hopefully buy the normal development trait for him or just accept that he will never really be more than a good number 3?

I hope one of the 4 other people who do CFM is still reading this thread and has an opinion on this.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

I drafted a 79 OVR CB in my franchise's most recent draft and he's got good stats, good speed, good coverage skills, but he's got slow development. Young too at 21.

At 21, you still have five years before the cost for attributes skyrockets at 26 and 8 years before regression kicks in at 29. Between focus, playing time and drills that focus on DB's -with added bonus of your coach having the DB training perk, you should be able to get him to normal or quick by 23. At that point, it's just like you drafted a 23 year old with normal/quick.

That being said, I'd prioritize front 7 or Safeties before I worried about corners. 80ish OVR with 90+ speed seem to get the job done most of the time.

Also, if you are on PS4 join one of the Goon CFM leagues.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah as long as speed man/zone and press are where you want and not a liability.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Word, and nah I'm on Xbox One.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Another thing: it's worth making sure your fourth corner on the depth chart is one of the faster and higher acceleration players because they're the guys who are assigned to block kicks and punts. I actually have my nickel 4th on the chart during games and in his position with coach menu formation subs.

I make sure all of my backups are in the right spot on special teams and it's good for a couple of turnovers every few games.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How do you block the FG/PAT?

I can get my guy to there fast enough sometimes but I don't think I'm supposed to dive in front or maybe I am I play on Pro so I get a lot of button prompts

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It seems to be more of a "CPU wants to gently caress you" thing than skill. Some times your punter/kicker takes a quick break in the process and the CPU gets to it. I've never seen a successful block without that infuriating little stutter.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
What frustrates me is when the CPU players don't even make an attempt to block and instead just run straight forward off the edge, past the line and ignoring the kicker.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Papes posted:

Yeah...I don't think qbs,rbs, lbs, and dbs are doing that much aggressive catching and in the last two games I've played each team has lost at least one of each of those positions. Stamina is a possibility, especially if there is a hidden fatigue measurement that accrues throughout the season; but this hasn't happened in any other season.

Yeah something is broke in the injuries for franchise. The game I am currently playing has had 16 injuries for just my team. All 3 QBs, 2 hb, 3 mlb, and a bunch of other people. I've had roughly 7 per game before this one, this is only week 2. I am only playing moments too, so its not like I am playing the whole game running people into the ground or something.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Just pulled that 95 Larry Fitz :flashfap:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The default setting is brutal during simmed plays. I'd turn it down 8 or 10.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm in the Franchise playoffs as the Browns

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This was the best CFA of madden in 5 years and only has a couple of issues:

Coverage is frustrating and seems artificially loose on cpu drives.

Skill floors are frustratingly high even when you work on sliders and playing Aaron Rodgers doesn't feel very different than Tom Savage. You can put a punter at guard and survive.

Man assignments are still missed.

Block in the back is stupidly common.

Everything else is really solid. Much better than last year, which was gross.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The penalties are straight broken. I'll have a huge reception to a tight end then out of nowhere... randomly that very tight end gets called for block in the back as he's getting tackled. Suddenly I'm backing up 14 yards because the spot of the foul is called back when he first got touched.

It's just broken. This happens several times every so often.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

The penalties are straight broken. I'll have a huge reception to a tight end then out of nowhere... randomly that very tight end gets called for block in the back as he's getting tackled. Suddenly I'm backing up 14 yards because the spot of the foul is called back when he first got touched.

It's just broken. This happens several times every so often.

I put defensive holding at 20, bitb at 0 and holding at 30. Others remain set at 50.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Had a game freeze on overtime. Just didn't go to kick off. Reloaded 3 times and now I get to delete the game and start it again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Just got this on PSN for their big superbowl sale. I kept putting it on my 'oh yea I should get that when it's cheap' list this year and this sale was finally big enough for me to notice. Looking forward to distracting myself from a Patriots superbowl with this.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Madden Mobile players will understand.

O AFC West, O AFC West
How lovely it would be to see
Some different Cards in the ex-change pack for me.

The NFC, the AFC, final ones I need.
How lovely are cards I cannot have

Champions II can never be full
A brave "Bite Me" to the EA Mobile team.

O AFC West, O AFC West
I never get anything but Thee.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/Jstein2469/status/831508636660801538

quote:

Madden NFL 17 Title Update 10

Gameplay:
· Removed the ability to flick the R-Stick to pump fake when the player is outside of the pocket. Right Stick will now always throw ball away in these situations.
· Fixed a legacy issue where defensive linemen would be called for encroachment when offense was using no huddle.
· Addressed an issue where receivers would have the ball bounce off their arms when attempting RAC catches leading to drops or tip picks.
· Fixed issue where QB’s could not match tackles after throwing an interception.
· Fixed an issue where the user drop down banner was precluding player stat drop downs
· Removed user drop down banners for user catch, finesse and power moves due to high frequency being distracting.
· Fixed a bug where a safety banner would fire every time a pass was intercepted in the end zone.
· Fixed a grieving tactic where offense could trigger infinite offsides penalties to extend the game.
· Made some zone coverage adjustments to improve an issue where C Routes were overpowered when run on the wide side of the field with a TE on the line of scrimmage.
· Increased frequency of broken tackles that can trigger from hit sticks. This will add more risk to going for hit stick tackles.
· Fixed CPU punters kicking high into the wind, causing short punts.
· Fixed a short delay that could rarely occur when attempting to snap the ball.
· Fixed a variety of ‘players freezing’ issues when coming out of blocking interactions.
· Tuned up fumble chances on ‘precision dive over top’ and increased the Tier requirements to perform the elite version of this mechanic.
· Fixed an issue where free offensive linemen would not react to a nearby defender who just beat a block.
· A variety of pass block targeting issues resolved.
· Fixed several encroachment bugs that would result from aligning and sliding the defense in pre-play.
· Addressed a rare issue where defenders could get into a state where they could not be blocked.
· Fixed an issue where turning the pass accuracy slider to 0 would have very little impact in game.
· Fixed a turbo blitz off the edge that was specific to players in a 4 point stance.
· Addressed an issue where a DB in press coverage would not be able to defend a player locked user WR hot routed to a smoke screen

Stability:
· Tuned a variety of issues related to community feedback that lower rated offensive line was too effective against an elite defensive line. This change will also make elite OL more effective against lower rated D-line.
· Addressed feedback that various online modes played at different game speeds. All online game speeds now consolidated to run at normal game speed.
· Addressed an issue where a user in an online game could disconnect/concede and result in a crash for the opponent.
· Addressed an issue where a timeout call on the pause menu could lead to camera settings being switched. This was also used as a grieving tactic to reset opponents camera.
· Fixed an issue where user settings would be reset to defaults in a play a friend game. This includes the auto flip setting defaulting to on.
Franchise:
· Fixed CFM issue where user would receive an Invite Error Popup when trying to invite another user to a Franchise game.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Update 11 posted:

Gameplay
Fixed a bug where the offensive tackle would play a blocking animation without engaging with a defensive player
Addressed a bug that caused the gameplay speed inside of Gauntlet, Skills Trainer, and Franchise Game Planning Drills to be extremely slow

Madden Ultimate Team
Addressed a bug where a user’s profile settings weren’t being honored in Play-a-Friend games
For online MUT and Draft Champions games, the 3-letter team name shown in the score hud will now represent the first 3 letters of your team name just as it does in Solo Challenges
To update this, you can enter Madden Ultimate Team, go to the “Team” tab and choose the Rename Team tile

Stability
Addressed the issue where declining a Live Commentary Update (LCU) and powering on from rest mode could cause significant lag in the menus and in-game
Other minor stability improvements

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Mobile Madden had an update that's made the game unplayable. I have an O-line in the high 90's - three of them are 99, one 98 and a 96 and they might as well not be there. E.J. Clemmings on a bad day isn't as bad. The Tackle tackles the guard and the DE and ball have a race to the QB. It really is "Hike, oh poo poo, crap" rinse , repeat. The WR's run as if they are running in molasses against a superglued defense. Even live events are an act of frustration. I know the game is free and all that, and it's happening to everybody but the game isn't free if you've smashed your tablet out of frustration.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Played this game for the first time since Madden 25 (at best) and holy poo poo is this game different. The passing is nice (although I didn't feel it was necessary to differentiate between lob, low, etc.), but my running ability was atrocious. I had Le'Veon Bell matched up against the Dallas D and averaged 2 YPC at best.

Is it always that difficult to run?

Also, is there an Xone league? Not sure that I'll join but I'm curious.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

This is my experience as well. There are a few different run plays that never seem to get stopped short of 5-6 yards in my experience, and the rest get no gain or a loss. God help you on some of the read option plays too, where you get the choice of losing 3 yards or losing 5 yards. And if you're watching simulated playcalling, you'll be seeing a lot of those bad option plays.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

John Brown posted:

Played this game for the first time since Madden 25 (at best) and holy poo poo is this game different. The passing is nice (although I didn't feel it was necessary to differentiate between lob, low, etc.), but my running ability was atrocious. I had Le'Veon Bell matched up against the Dallas D and averaged 2 YPC at best.

Also, is there an Xone league? Not sure that I'll join but I'm curious.

Lmfao

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I won a goon superbowl just a few months ago using read option as my base run play hth

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

What difficulty do goons play on

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

John Brown posted:

zimbomonkey posted:

This is my experience as well. There are a few different run plays that never seem to get stopped short of 5-6 yards in my experience, and the rest get no gain or a loss. God help you on some of the read option plays too, where you get the choice of losing 3 yards or losing 5 yards. And if you're watching simulated playcalling, you'll be seeing a lot of those bad option plays.

Yeah it's a lot tougher to run in Madden now. The offensive line and defensive lines are in series of 1 on 1 battles instead of team battles so when a guy gets engaged with another player the one with with either the higher blockshead or runblock will win. Strength and Weight also have an effect in the correlation as well so even linemen with low overall but high Strength, Weight, Run Block, and Awarness can dominate in the run game. They've also made a ton of changes in the blocking AI as well so you really have to pay attention to alignments to make sure you have an advantage when running the ball which I think right trigger will show you (Red means you're at a disadvantage). I'll add in some tweets that expand on this but in the meantime here's a youtube video explaining the "Fat 5 Theory". I'm also trying to test out this theory in NCAA 14 since Clint Oldenburg also worked on that game as well. There are so many guys from the NCAA team working on Madden now and it's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5-JEK-Iv80

zimbomonkey posted:

What difficulty do goons play on

All-Pro

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 17, 2017

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I play on all Madden lol. That may be why run defense is basically unbeatable against me save for like 2 plays

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Thanks for your contribution to this conversation.

Also, do you play on PS4 or Xone?

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
the AI is retarded on any difficulty once you've grinded enough MUT solos dear god im having PTSD now

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 17, 2017

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

John Brown posted:

Thanks for your contribution to this conversation.

Also, do you play on PS4 or Xone?
For a more serious answer, most goons play on PS4. There are some number of xbox players, but none with the motivation to make a league this season.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

the AI is retarded on any difficulty once you've grinded enough MUT solos dear god im having PTSD now

Browns O playbook, I Form Hulk, run the power play towards the short side of the field, but switch at the line so your RB goes to the wide side with 2 lineman, easy grinding. Haven't played in months though, maybe they patched it.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Let's make a xbox league guys!!!!!

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Any idea if there will be sets for madden 18 players like this pastyear? Have a good savings set for it and it's obviously not with these draft sets.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They did that in july if memory serves.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Madden 18 announced, Brady is the cover athlete:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...d/#797ec2bb1690

Let's go Madden Curse!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

A boring choice and also one that raises the question: Why hasn't this happened before?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Not a lot of information yet, but we should get more on June 10th when the EA Play event is.

One thing I noticed on the site: "Choose to play and manage your Franchise from your smart phone using the Madden Companion App."

Companion Apps can be mad useful, I hope this one doesn't suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmao if u think any app EA puts out will work

• Locked thread