Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He can just enchant it with lightning and he'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hell be fine no matter what going the giant armor man route

page 900 :black101:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

GulagDolls posted:

it appears that putting 80 levels into endurance and none into the stats that determine damage, may have some unfortunate side effects, such as not doing damage.

You can't put enough points into dex to make the base partizan do damage.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

You can't put enough points into dex to make the base partizan do damage.

Yeah you can? Partizan and spears in general do fine damage. It's a bit weaker than say, a straight sword, but not by much.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Jesus Christ, Pat needs to stop moving his head away from the mic when he's talking. It makes the podcast borderline unlistenable.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/822905149949693952

Re7 lp confirmed, game might actually be good too

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I can't believe Woolie both found and then proceeded to ignore the shortcut that would let him skip about 80% of the Depths. :allears:

I just finished Blighttown in my playthrough. People weren't kidding about Blighttown

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yo, they're talking about ProZD's videos, love that dude :)

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Oxyclean posted:

Blowdart guys ended up not being the biggest problem so long as i didn't drop my shield or face the wrong way. But I can see how they'd be a complete loving nightmare in most circumstances. I think I also would have had a much harder time had I not basically Lucky Teded my way into the first bonfire down there.

90% of the problem with the blowdart guys is knowing they exist in the first place. When I got there the blowdarts themselves were so small, slow, and noiseless that I mistook them for some kind of particle effect. It took me like 3 or 4 times of getting toxic at the entrance of blighttown to realise that it wasn't the regular enemies afflicting me with it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Someone has to grab the few seconds in the new Third Strike fisticuffs of Pat declaring "I will ALWAYS do raw supers at incredibly bad times! I'll do a super after a parry, I don't give a gently caress!"

Because it loving killed me.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Someone has to grab the few seconds in the new Third Strike fisticuffs of Pat declaring "I will ALWAYS do raw supers at incredibly bad times! I'll do a super after a parry, I don't give a gently caress!"

Around the 48 minute mark.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yo, they're talking about ProZD's videos, love that dude :)

Dude got an LP channel too. They finished a very long LP of Ace Attorney 1

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/PlagueOfGripes/status/822981487532376064

I hope Plague crashes the next podcast to start talking about this.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I feel like next podcast should have an entire segment dedicated to GRILL BROLY but that's just me.

Also Xavier Woods' channel UpUpDownDown has two Berserk Warrior videos up with Antfish, Takahata101 and our very own Matt McMuscles being questioned on his blackness.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Woolie's Let It Die stream was pretty entertaining now that he's a lot more comfortable with the game.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

audio only: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-c7CMKukNOicHN6c25qRFA3RnM/view?usp=sharing

twitter version: https://twitter.com/Rafzaka/status/823037249050841088

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 22, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Scrap Dragon posted:

I can't believe Woolie both found and then proceeded to ignore the shortcut that would let him skip about 80% of the Depths. :allears:

Personally, despite visiting that area, and then using it to get out of the depths, it sort of didn't click until I fell into it by accident when returning to the depths that you could drop down to it.

Personal Souls Progress report: Got through Sens (ended up missing the bonfire at the top) and got through Anor Londo. Ended up getting a friend to help for Ornstien and Smaug after nearly getting them on my own. Was starting to get to phase 2 reliably with 6-8 Estus, but just always ended dying due to having not being able to find time to estus / getting murdered while drinking. Or the attempt after a near flawless p1, I'd get wombo'd five seconds after entering the room. Also in my stubbornness I used the far bonfire rather then just kindling the close one.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 22, 2017

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Oxyclean posted:

Personally, despite visiting that area, and then using it to get out of the depths, it sort of didn't click until I fell into it by accident when returning to the depths that you could drop down to it.

Personal Souls Progress report: Got through Sens (ended up missing the bonfire at the top) and got through Anor Londo. Ended up getting a friend to help for Ornstien and Smaug after nearly getting them on my own. Was starting to get to phase 2 reliably with 6-8 Estus, but just always ended dying due to having not being able to find time to estus / getting murdered while drinking. Or the attempt after a near flawless p1, I'd get wombo'd five seconds after entering the room. Also in my stubbornness I used the far bonfire rather then just kindling the close one.

Which knight were you killing first?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The Momodora video's good. Wish they had taken the path to the church though, instead of the underwater area. Would have loved to see them mark out at not-Lady Maria.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Posting on page 900 :c00lbutt:

Oxyclean posted:

(ended up missing the bonfire at the top)

Everyone does the first time dw. I think it may be one of my favourite sections of non-DLC DaS1 because I am a sick weirdo. No wait yeah it's Anor Londo because gently caress.

Scrap Dragon posted:

Considering how he is beasterising right now I'm kind of happy to see more game from them.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really love that while talking about evil bullets in PE2 Pat starts talking about baby-killing bullets and then not two episodes later they literally shoot some babies to death

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So I guess the shift from normal to Legendary Super Saiyan hits Broly like Launch sneezing.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Which knight were you killing first?

Smough - found it made for an easier p1, by the time I considered taking out Ornstien first, a friend gave me a heads up that drops depend on who you kill second.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

RareAcumen posted:

So I guess the shift from normal to Legendary Super Saiyan hits Broly like Launch sneezing.

Still not as dumb as Broly's original trigger.

EDIT: Pat won against Woolie, like, a lot. I wonder why he hasn't done an EVO appearance.

And I just saw where he gets a rose-tap win on Woolie, about 37:30. I've never seen that done before.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 22, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
pat does not like to go outside

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Thuggery would either destroy Pat or he would pull out a knife in quarter-finals.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat is small but that merely makes the thuggery more concentrated

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Oxyclean posted:

Smough - found it made for an easier p1, by the time I considered taking out Ornstien first, a friend gave me a heads up that drops depend on who you kill second.

Most players I've spoken to recommend killing Smough first, but honestly I don't see it, I've always tackled Ornstein first. He has paper armor and staggers relatively easily, and Super Smough is much easier to deal with in phase 2, as he basically just turns into Asylum Demon with a lightning aoe; very easy to outmaneuver

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Justice Sloth posted:

Most players I've spoken to recommend killing Smough first, but honestly I don't see it, I've always tackled Ornstein first. He has paper armor and staggers relatively easily, and Super Smough is much easier to deal with in phase 2, as he basically just turns into Asylum Demon with a lightning aoe; very easy to outmaneuver

The only reason you'd take out Smough first is for the Leo Ring. Big O is a lot harder to deal with due to his dash attacks and his weapon reach, and he also has Smough's best move in his list for AoE.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This shot is ACTUALLY a precise recreation of Woolie's exact reaction when...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

That video was WAY too entertaining...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Super Best Friends Play - A reference to a reference to a reference

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Is this Geoff's attempt at brown nosing his way into Liam's old seat?

Because it's a pretty good try.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lemme give you a preview of the next podcast's opening

"Okay, so we got a lot of emails from Russia...."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

J.A.B.C. posted:

Still not as dumb as Broly's original trigger.

What's dumb about it? Baby Broly just wanted a quiet peaceful life but the loathsome Sun Wukong Goku wouldn't let him have it so his power level made him crazy because he couldn't acclimate.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

this is a really good video because he absolutely does not back down on it

also the outtakes are gold

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Between this and the Cory in the House video, Geoff is the master of sticking to the bit :allears:

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Liam has baby Skrillex hair now lol

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

Lemme give you a preview of the next podcast's opening

"Okay, so we got a lot of emails from Russia...."

I thought this was a bit at first and then

Adbot