Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Drop Zone is back. Time to get those sick feeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mill Village posted:

Drop Zone is back. Time to get those sick feeds.

Aw man, I can't wait to play a game mode where I gamble to get better gear.

But still, Drop Zone looks hella good.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

If you want to finish those impossible aerial streak challenges, this is the mode to do it in

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also good time to work on launchers

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Double XP for Blops going on this weekend or something?

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Wazzit posted:

Double XP for Blops going on this weekend or something?

Idk but you should log on to play some TF2 tonight :v:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Idk but you should log on to play some TF2 tonight :v:

drat sorry went out tonight but I'll be on for most of the weekend if you wanna get sweaty.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:toot:

Should finish Classic weapons for Dark Sky just in time for them to 'buff' camos in the DLC, lolz

Meanwhile, slaying pubbies with dorito camo, I am freed from the shackles of pistols and snipers forever.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

They raised weapon sprint out time by weapon class in the patch last night

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

victrix posted:

They raised weapon sprint out time by weapon class in the patch last night

What does that mean?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What does that mean?

More time after sprinting before you can fire (presumably scaled by weapon class so lmgs are slow and smgs faster)

Basically more penalty for running around corners like an idiot. Gives you an edge if you're walking or already ads.

Doesn't do anything against aerial scuf jumping heroes, and they didn't touch the fast ads times, but it may slightly reduce the odds of dying to pubbies sprinting into you with NV4s.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

It means keep punching dudes in the face as Synaptic I guess.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
So the Mauler and RAW aren't as effective now for rushing?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Which means the NV4 is even more effective against them?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Raw maybe, mauler had special faster sprint out before, not sure about now

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Won't be able to play tonight. Switching out my hdd for a bigger one.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Fun fact: Modern Warfare Remastered right now has a "Weekend Warrior" playlist that is just Gun Game With Launchers.

I've only seen one guy's video on the mode and I can confirm that it's noob tubes all day, with RPG and Gravedigger shoehorned in.

... I might play some MWR today before Tit And Fall 2. :getin:

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I bought the division for my SO yesterday and played it myself and am enjoying it... but if y'all see me online (revotfel) feel free to throw me an invite for IW shootymans

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Sprint-out time changes: SMGs, shotguns and pistols remain unchanged at 83ms. ARs are now at 167ms, and LMGs are now at 217ms. Gung-Ho is now worth using since AR and LMG SOT is now reduced to 33ms with that perk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m80x6enKevI

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I wonder how much this will help shotguns? I was getting tired of dying to ARs at point-blank when grinding out my Reaver's Gold camo.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

I wonder how much this will help shotguns? I was getting tired of dying to ARs at point-blank when grinding out my Reaver's Gold camo.

Don't pump actions have sniper multipliers for shots? I know the Rack-9 Smoothbore NEEDS upper chest and head shots to be effective.

Also Reaver is Brecci, DCM-8 is a shittier Haymaker, et cetera. Those could use Stock as well as Gung-Ho.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Golded my first gun today. It was the rocket launcher, naturally. Also, really diggin the EBR. Thankfully, getting kills with it in assault rifle mode counts toward the sniper kills challenge.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I've noticed that game is such poo poo that Driftor won't even do In Depth for it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

sba posted:

I've noticed that Driftor is such poo poo

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

XboxAhoy was always better.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Partyvan and I are going to play blops 3 this evening. Join us, goons.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RBX posted:

XboxAhoy was always better.

Xbox Ahoy was a better speaker, but he engaged in pointless nuance when all perk selection in the game for anything other than sniper rifles could be reduced to: Flak - Sleight of Hand - Marathon/Tac

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

feverish and oversexed posted:

I bought the division for my SO yesterday and played it myself and am enjoying it... but if y'all see me online (revotfel) feel free to throw me an invite for IW shootymans
And if you want to get PL'd in Division let me know - I can get you to 30 pretty drat quick.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

Xbox Ahoy was a better speaker, but he engaged in pointless nuance when all perk selection in the game for anything other than sniper rifles could be reduced to: Flak - Sleight of Hand - Marathon/Tac

But that's no fun!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

XboxAhoy did always have some garbage perk recommendations but it makes at least for a more interesting class than some variant of Ghost/Sleight of Hand/Ninja over and over.

That voice though. :allears:

and yeah Driftor sucks.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

SubponticatePoster posted:

And if you want to get PL'd in Division let me know - I can get you to 30 pretty drat quick.

Having fun tooling around, but thanks for the offer!

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Wazzit posted:

XboxAhoy did always have some garbage perk recommendations but it makes at least for a more interesting class than some variant of Ghost/Sleight of Hand/Ninja over and over.

That voice though. :allears:

and yeah Driftor sucks.

Everytime I think of Ahoy, all I hear is the dulcet tone of "C Zed 75".

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

After playing this weekend, I now feel that SMGs are viable. I'd say that the Erad is A tier now, and the Karma and UMP are now B tier. Yet I still can't use the HVR. I hate the default optics, the magazine size isn't quite enough, and the recoil is just too random compared to the other subs.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

feverish and oversexed posted:

Having fun tooling around, but thanks for the offer!
Did you get any of the DLC/season pass? Because survival is fun as hell and girl crew should totally do that together.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Drift0r defended Tmartn when his csgo scamming scheme was found out and he's been caught taking money from activision to promote the serie, saying jackshit about it. He's an opportunist and the cod gravy train is running out, he couldn't straight up say that so he came up with an excuse that IW is simply bad.

If you want a youtuber that does decent indepths for current cod I recommend this guy https://www.youtube.com/user/TheXclusiveAce/featured he's solid and provides decent info about the proper range each guns are their best in.

Appart from that I've been using the type 2 for longer ranges and had a decent time, I'm gonna unlock the M1 soon and see how it stacks up. As for the HVR I'm trying to get Wraith mission team to level 30 so I can get the Carnage variant that extends the range on it. Want to see if I can turn it into a decent 3 hit kill smg.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 23, 2017

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'll pull a good M1 image, one sec

I'm sorry pubbies, is your NV4 not working to dislodge me from my camping spot?? :ohdear:

Almost every one of those defends came in the second half, when I switched to the M1 and decided to camp B until we won.

(oh and naturally, the clan guys stayed and switched to the M1 in the next match :haw:)

I don't love the M1 unfortunately; among the semi auto options of the DMR (awful handling) or Goliath (mediocre performance), it's probably the best, but the no reload thing is a real pain, and the rof is low enough that very good players can dodge you with fast movement (and sometimes a strafing dude will just go between all your shots, good times).

Best two shot gun is still the Mammoth imo.

victrix fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 23, 2017

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I get all the latest up to date Call of Duty hints, tips and strategies from Youtube's Critikal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4X5Vh0HjOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWbzsqTie60

his tactics have significantly improved my self worth!

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
That's a good option, I have the mammoth but the recoil just murders me, Idk if there's any trick to it. It does appear to have a higher fire rate than any other semi-auto option tho.

Right now my goal is to refine a NV4 counter build so I can force pubbies to switch. Also I'm starting to see more and more pubs use the UMP and I'm afraid it will become the new cancerous gun.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dII5DL04Eqg The turtle is the best tactic there ever was.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 23, 2017

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Honestly with the changes to sprintout and aim assist, I'm seeing a lot more subs, and that alone is going to act to make NV4s shittier by default. When ~normies~ who stay on the ground run into each other, the guy with the smg now has a marked edge over the typical NV4 user. If that keeps happening enough, they'll start switching off the NV4.

The NV4 will remain a really easy to use gun that's quite strong at mid/long range, but given that there are now other good strong options that can poo poo on it more reliably at shorter distances, that doesn't bother me quite as much.

(I'll still get salty dying to hipfired NV4s, and gently caress the Fallout, tying nukes to specific variants and having the only easy to use variant being the NV4 early kinda poisoned the well from the getgo).

Worst downside of the changes: I'm now running into FHRs, RPRs and HVRs, and all three of those dumpster you in sudden f2f encounters :eng99:

I wouldn't sweat the UMP, it has a mediocre killtime up close. It's real strength is being a mobile gun that can fight reliably suppressed at greater ranges than most of the other subs, its basically the reverse of the OSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is it just me, or does QuickDraw do nothing for snipers if I use the Scout scope?

• Locked thread