Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

BlindSite posted:

Nah. Time was everyone ran a shader, emblem and class item for a 15% boost. Now its just cosmetic.

Wait, there's no more boost for shaders and emblems? when the gently caress did this happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

voop voop voop

http://i.imgur.com/TNZm0x0.gifv

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

skaboomizzy posted:

Wait, there's no more boost for shaders and emblems? when the gently caress did this happen?

Beginning of year 3 if my memory serves correctly.. or like November at the latest. I'm pretty sure it's just a flat bonus now regardless of shaders/etc. and it also doesn't go up over the course of the week anymore.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Wrecks post da other 4 stormtrances u did

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wrecks post da other 4 stormtrances u did

They all went exactly like that one: perfect and beautiful

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Hearing that without any clue what was going on was hysterical.

Also sweet Jesus it's literally like a different game when I party up with you folks. I'm normally on after the US goon group gets on but before the AUSgoons.

SquirrelGrip, I almost joined up with your pops a few days ago but figured I wasn't high enough.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I got perma banned from probably over 9k's chat :(

That dude is a limp wristed alcoholic.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well that sucks. Do you have to register as a cyber bully and put a sign in your yard so the parents of pubbies know to be aware?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
When does this Iron Banner even finish?

I'm at rank 4 with the faction and theres an entry in the book for hitting 5 and i'm just wondering if there's much point in spending the rest of this afternoon farming rep for it instead of just cracking on with the story missions/strikes. I've only got about 2100 rep to go, but that's at least 9 wins if i'm doing my maths right.

edit: gently caress it, after 5 games of this shite matchmaking putting me in teams that are clearly disadvantaged, i'm giving up on this. I dont consider myself good, but i'm usually in the top 3 of my team in these matches whilst the opposing team wins by like 2000 points.

Totally hosed.

Also, what's that special handcannon one shot kill weapon that a lot of people seem to like to use?

Kin fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 21, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kin posted:

When does this Iron Banner even finish?

I'm at rank 4 with the faction and theres an entry in the book for hitting 5 and i'm just wondering if there's much point in spending the rest of this afternoon farming rep for it instead of just cracking on with the story missions/strikes. I've only got about 2100 rep to go, but that's at least 9 wins if i'm doing my maths right.

edit: gently caress it, after 5 games of this shite matchmaking putting me in teams that are clearly disadvantaged, i'm giving up on this. I dont consider myself good, but i'm usually in the top 3 of my team in these matches whilst the opposing team wins by like 2000 points.

Totally hosed.

Also, what's that special handcannon one shot kill weapon that a lot of people seem to like to use?

Iron Banner always lasts a week, so it'll end on the Tuesday reset. Also, I would just tough it out and get to rank 5 - your IB rank won't carry over when it shows up again in a months time and you should be getting enough drops at the end of matches to make the curb-stomping worth it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

TaurusOxford posted:

Iron Banner always lasts a week, so it'll end on the Tuesday reset. Also, I would just tough it out and get to rank 5 - your IB rank won't carry over when it shows up again in a months time and you should be getting enough drops at the end of matches to make the curb-stomping worth it.

Yeah, i think you're right. I've only got 1k rep left to get so even if i get 5 more losses, those combined with just one win will take me up to rank 5.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Kin posted:

You're probably thinking of Matador 64 which is a shotgun, what is yout light level?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Or the Golden Gun, though I wouldn't say a lot of people use that these days.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Saladins :stare:
http://i.imgur.com/ylg0QLq.gifv

Appropriate clan tag

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
There is absolutely no reason to get to rank 5 in iron banner. Just do the bounties and get drops.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They really should have left in a rank 5 package. They're already throwing around loot constantly with all the new bounties, what's one more roll per IB going to hurt?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Attention everyone

I have 36,939 sniper kills in the Crucible. Suck my dick

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Thread needs more Glass Prom

Just curious since I noticed you're using voidfang - do you notice a big difference not having quickdraw with ophidian aspect? I think it's pretty nice for snipers.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

el B posted:

Attention everyone

I have 38,175 kills total in crucible. Go see some sunlight once in a while, nerd.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Attention everyone

:trumppop:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xzzy posted:

I have 38,175 kills total in crucible. Go see some sunlight once in a while, nerd.

I haven't played this game in months. Except last night. And the night before.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

Just curious since I noticed you're using voidfang - do you notice a big difference not having quickdraw with ophidian aspect? I think it's pretty nice for snipers.

I main Glass Prom with Inj. Mold so I still have a heap of handling but the biggest reason is that I'm a pretty reserved player. My 1v1 game is pretty average. I get more utility by graping someone to get them to move and VFangs does that nicely for me.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I got the IB scout with perfect balance, explosive rounds, rangefinder. Is that as good as it gets?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Does the Gheleon artifact give you constant third eye? Because that's what it sounds like it does.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Draxion posted:

Does the Gheleon artifact give you constant third eye? Because that's what it sounds like it does.

Yes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Third eye + keen scout

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

actionjackson posted:

I got the IB scout with perfect balance, explosive rounds, rangefinder. Is that as good as it gets?

It's a good roll. Keep it. I've got one with Injection Mold, ER, and Zen Moment. Very stable, IM fixes the slow handling, ER is the poo poo. Love it.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

haveblue posted:

Third eye + keen scout

* the radar part of Keen Scout

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Mikey-San posted:

It's a good roll. Keep it. I've got one with Injection Mold, ER, and Zen Moment. Very stable, IM fixes the slow handling, ER is the poo poo. Love it.

I also just got one with rangefinder, hcr, smallbore. Better?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/822931040633233408

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Apply again, i cleaned out a few inactive players so should have room

rip me, i died for u :angel:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

gittem glass prom buddy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got the Y2 IB ship and the Y3 IB sparrow within hours of each other. Finally I can stop playing Destiny.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

actionjackson posted:

I also just got one with rangefinder, hcr, smallbore. Better?

HCR doesn't do poo poo on scouts right now. Maybe save it for after the patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Which PDX at the armsday vendor is the premo pickup?

• Locked thread