Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!
Fog Actors Guild [FAG]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Just had a string of teams that did everything right. :feelsgood:

Thee Uber Gnat
Jun 1, 2000

Retired.
Any specific procedure for joining the clan?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Applied to [4SKIN], same name.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

The German secondary build might be a relic of the past now, to get anywhere close to the level of it before hand you have to harshly pay for it with most of the skills now in the 3 and 4 bracket

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Stevefin posted:

The German secondary build might be a relic of the past now, to get anywhere close to the level of it before hand you have to harshly pay for it with most of the skills now in the 3 and 4 bracket

None of the 3/4 bracket choices hurt that much against a captain that goes secondary build instead. Fire prevention is an excellent and suggested survivability capstone at 18, but playing smart, using wasd hacks, and managing your fires correctly mitigate any of the other possible choices. The build is alive and well. I wouldn't bother getting BFT on a secondary build currently - leaving that skill out of it gives a very strong secondary spec still existing.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Pacra posted:

None of the 3/4 bracket choices hurt that much against a captain that goes secondary build instead. Fire prevention is an excellent and suggested survivability capstone at 18, but playing smart, using wasd hacks, and managing your fires correctly mitigate any of the other possible choices. The build is alive and well. I wouldn't bother getting BFT on a secondary build currently - leaving that skill out of it gives a very strong secondary spec still existing.

I don't play on the best of net so the WASD hack can take 10 seconds or more too kick in, having both Superintendent and basics of survivability now on the high end is making it tricky cause they are must picks to wither through those seconds of sever thinking

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So i was in my Scharnhorst when i saw a division of tier 5 BB's consisting of 2 Kongos and a Texas heading straight into B, so i said what the hell and drove straight towards them.

They hosed up just a little bit

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Is there a way to easily switch to 4SKIN? I'm not sure I can be on Discord a lot and I'd rather not take up a slot that could be filled by someone who is.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Stevefin posted:

I don't play on the best of net so the WASD hack can take 10 seconds or more too kick in, having both Superintendent and basics of survivability now on the high end is making it tricky cause they are must picks to wither through those seconds of sever thinking

I use High Alert on T2 to make up for the loss of BoS, since Superintendent is a must-have.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Flamu's newest video is making me think that Adrenaline Rush is the greatest skill WG has ever included in one of their games and I should put it on every ship I own.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

OSad posted:

Flamu's newest video is making me think that Adrenaline Rush is the greatest skill WG has ever included in one of their games and I should put it on every ship I own.

I was already putting it on a lot of my ships before he did testing with it on his stream because at the very least it's a cheaper BFT (that effects every armament) at 50% health and it gets better from there.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Taking Manual AA instead of Manual Secondaries is a really strange decision for me. Half the time you aren't even going to see a CV. Yeah I know the Scharn secondaries are only 5km base, but you could take the Secondaries mod to push them out to 6km. And if you really wanted to double up, AFT which also boosts AA. That gives you the same secondary range as the Nagato.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Taking Manual AA instead of Manual Secondaries is a really strange decision for me. Half the time you aren't even going to see a CV. Yeah I know the Scharn secondaries are only 5km base, but you could take the Secondaries mod to push them out to 6km. And if you really wanted to double up, AFT which also boosts AA. That gives you the same secondary range as the Nagato.

Manual secondary doesn't alter the range. Just reduces the dispersion.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

JuffoWup posted:

Manual secondary doesn't alter the range. Just reduces the dispersion.

I know, it's secondary mod 2 that pushes the range out.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So I've got a 10 pt. St Louis, 9 pt. Omaha and 10 pt. Cleveland captains to redo, and I was wondering how highly I should prioritize IFHE for these ships. I looked at the reddit post about IFHE and the chart there says they would go from a YNN to YYY (in re: being able to penetrate more spots on BBs). I'm 32k XP from the Pensacola, and I have no idea if I will be transferring that captain. Since I got a dupe Texas opening boxes, I have a spare 10 pt. captain doing nothing. Is the idea of a dual build Texas a dumb idea ? Any suggestions welcome. Also have an 8 pt. Clemson, 8 pt. New York and a 10 pt. Scharnhorst, Warspite and Independence to redo.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
"Today I'm in the only manmade object visible from space, the PepsiCola."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvCQA4XrMP8

This accurately reflects my thoughts on this ship. Love that loving AP/rudder.

Thee Uber Gnat
Jun 1, 2000

Retired.
Applied to [4SKIN] with pwadoc.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Coming back after some time away from botes. What's this wasd hack I keep reading about?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So the mac client cannot display the clan interface due to :wg: stuff. Their workaround is to use the website, which is apparently still unfinished and won't let me apply to any clan. :downs:

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

I remember when Draws happened all the time due to how standard battles worked back then. Now they're a rare and unusual result (as they should be).

Shout-out to my Mahan buddy who was with me till almost the end. And the enemy Kongo that got Die-Hard from ramming a York in the channel, and then rammed our retarded Fuso. A very good use of a Kongo.

Also Adrenaline Rush giving me a 16s reload is pretty sweet I gotta say. :v:

Cobbsprite posted:

Coming back after some time away from botes. What's this wasd hack I keep reading about?

Just altering your course now and then when there's a possibility of torpedo-spewing DDs around. Some people never do it and they eat full 10-20km torpedo volleys with ease. Hell, some idiots never even alter course when a DD pops up 6km away. "No, touching my rudder keys is too hard. I'm sure that DD is torping someone else. Better stay in sniper view."

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
It isn't always the simple though. I ate a broadside carrier torp run yesterday in my nikolai. I didn't see the aircraft for one. But there was also a cruiser near me that kept shooting torps at targets 10+km away. So hearing the torp warning did not cause a reaction as I immediately swung the camera to look at the cruiser to dodge another volley from him. Oh yeah, did I mention he was also behind me?

This is also a game where there other two battleships with me turned around upon getting in range of an enemy afk battleship.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

El Disco posted:

Just altering your course now and then when there's a possibility of torpedo-spewing DDs around. Some people never do it and they eat full 10-20km torpedo volleys with ease. Hell, some idiots never even alter course when a DD pops up 6km away. "No, touching my rudder keys is too hard. I'm sure that DD is torping someone else. Better stay in sniper view."

Oh, so "basic maneuvering". And here I thought that came almost standard. Silly me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cobbsprite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDhV1B-5klU

This is a prime example of how to WASD hack.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Cobbsprite posted:

Literally never sail in a straight line for more than a few seconds unless you absolutely have to.

Do this and you're automatically better than like 50% of the population.

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Is GOON the EU clan then? And do any EU goons actually use discord? It's always US and Asian players I see in there :ohdear:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Cobbsprite posted:

Oh, so "basic maneuvering". And here I thought that came almost standard. Silly me.

My 106k average damage in the kamikaze tells me that no, it's not standard, and I'm grateful for that.

Now that my Japanese DD captain has concealment expert it almost feels like cheating.

Open Layer posted:

Is GOON the EU clan then? And do any EU goons actually use discord? It's always US and Asian players I see in there :ohdear:
Yes, to both. We're on discord sometimes, I've played with Herr Bazooka, Bulbaros, Panzerblitz and others.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Cippalippus posted:

My 106k average damage in the kamikaze tells me that no, it's not standard, and I'm grateful for that.

Now that my Japanese DD captain has concealment expert it almost feels like cheating.

Yes, to both. We're on discord sometimes, I've played with Herr Bazooka, Bulbaros, Panzerblitz and others.

It's worth noting that it's 2PAC discord, not the WOWS one that the Euro goons are on.

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Aramoro posted:

It's worth noting that it's 2PAC discord, not the WOWS one that the Euro goons are on.

Well that explains a lot!! Is the discord info in pgs?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Devorum posted:

Is there a way to easily switch to 4SKIN? I'm not sure I can be on Discord a lot and I'd rather not take up a slot that could be filled by someone who is.

4SKIN is overflow now that DONGS is full.. I am less worried about being on Discord than I am about being active. The goal here is we want to get into whatever crap WG throws at us for clam wars. Not sure what UNCUT wants to do if they will be active or passive so I will let the UNCUT CO respond to that. :)

Thee Uber Gnat posted:

Applied to [4SKIN] with pwadoc.

You're in like skin.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 21, 2017

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I see the upcoming Mutsu has torpedo tubes.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

CLAM WARS?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Maybe next year, friend.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I'm ready to play World of Warships!

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

demonR6 posted:

The goal here is we want to get into whatever crap WG throws at us for clam wars.

I'm interested in that, but considering how long it took Wargaming to implement a function that's essentially a glorified chatroom right now, I do wonder how long it'll take for any sort of "campaign" to take place.

Seriously, why did clans ever need to be in a beta stage? Clan tags were crashing too many clients?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

OSad posted:

I'm interested in that, but considering how long it took Wargaming to implement a function that's essentially a glorified chatroom right now, I do wonder how long it'll take for any sort of "campaign" to take place.

Seriously, why did clans ever need to be in a beta stage? Clan tags were crashing too many clients?

A glorified chatroom that constantly deletes the chat log to boot. :wargaming:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Hrm. I was in DONGS but now I'm not. Applied to 4SKIN as Phanatic1a.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
So what's the us clan? I haven't really had a chance to play much lately, much less idle in discord.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Phanatic posted:

Hrm. I was in DONGS but now I'm not. Applied to 4SKIN as Phanatic1a.

IIRC there's policy of booting people who aren't in discord a lot to make room for people who are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Velius posted:

So what's the us clan? I haven't really had a chance to play much lately, much less idle in discord.

There's DONGS, which is full already and people who are on discord regularly have priority. Then there's also 4SKIN and UNCUT, so far it seems as 4SKIN is de facto #2 option.

Also if you're new to the discord feel free to just direct message me on there and i'll get you set up with permissions, if not one of the other guys should be able to get to it eventually.