Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

LesterGroans posted:

Hope that cat's at least getting doped up. Cats are cool.

I have a rescue greyhound who had to get most of her teeth pulled a couple months ago. She has a couple little hosed up teeth and Ol' Chomper now. It's heartening how quickly they bounce back and adapt though. Plus she got some sick drugs.

He was high as gently caress when he came back from the vet, he was looking around in the car all bug-eyed and clicking his tongue. The vet told me that because of the drugs and the pain in his mouth he might not want to eat, but when he got home he loving zoomed to his bowl and stuffed his face even though he could barely stand straight. Or as I put it on twitter:

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/821474868927623170

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I shaved off a bunch of my hair out of anxiety this morning and now I have hair vaguely similar to elbowed nazi fuckboi and that makes me a touch salty

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh dudes please send me anything. I'll have to look at it again tomorrow cuz I am drunk now.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I was just gonna post it here, cool if I do that? It's not a script (lol I am too lazy to write anything, ever) or even a page outline just a drawing of my comic's heroine, PUNCH MAIDEN.

PUNCH MAIDEN is a 30 year old magical girl from Newark, NJ. The quickest way I can describe her is if Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sarah Connor had a baby. She loves heavy metal, beer, the New York Football Giants and hitting things.

Here's a picture of her in costume -

And one that shows the details more clearly -

e: I haven't decided what part of Newark she lives in exactly, but she works and spends a lot of time around wherever pretentious hipsters might congregate (Ironbound?) She frequently encounters such as depicted here -

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jan 21, 2017

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Hickman seems to writing a comic about how the Stock Exchange was started through deals with Elder Gods.
I like Hickman.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

I was just gonna post it here, cool if I do that? It's not a script (lol I am too lazy to write anything, ever) or even a page outline just a drawing of my comic's heroine, PUNCH MAIDEN.

PUNCH MAIDEN is a 30 year old magical girl from Newark, NJ. The quickest way I can describe her is if Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sarah Connor had a baby. She loves heavy metal, beer, the New York Football Giants and hitting things.

e: I haven't decided what part of Newark she lives in exactly, but she works and spends a lot of time around wherever pretentious hipsters might congregate (Ironbound?) She frequently encounters such as depicted here -

Full costume seems a little busy but I'd have to see it in action. Looks good otherwise.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Thanks! yeah I try to keep it behind those gauntlets as much as possible cuz it is a pain to draw all that business

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Does PUNCH MAIDEN smite Nazis?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

Yo, Blair Witch has really sick cinematography. It's pretty tight all around.

The last 15 minutes is a great combination of Disney's Haunted Mansion and the original Blair Witch, a little overdone but extremely tense.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

wyoming posted:

Hickman seems to writing a comic about how the Stock Exchange was started through deals with Elder Gods.
I like Hickman.

Is this The Black Monday Murders? Because that sounds dope as gently caress and I love Hickman.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

wyoming posted:

I like Hickman.
Wait, was it not?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

GonSmithe posted:

Is this The Black Monday Murders? Because that sounds dope as gently caress and I love Hickman.

It is and it is in fact dope as gently caress

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Watched Knightriders for the first time last night with my movie group. I really liked it, but overall reaction was pretty mixed, a little too long for some people.

Ed Harris was really cool, but Merlin stole the show.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Here's me (enclosed, I have included a picture of me (it's me in the picture))

https://twitter.com/AnnDabromowitz/status/822637067159146498

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Jenny Angel posted:

(me quietly when jenny posts the picture) "that's jenny"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Johnathan Hickman is a fantastic conceptualist with vision and writer and I hope he does some great stuff in movies and television.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jenny Angel posted:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Hell yeah.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
A lot of the speeches being broadcasted from the Women's March are very good and inspiring, and then there's Ashley Judd.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Glamorama26 posted:

I just saw Ken Russell's Crimes of Passion for the first time and I have wasted the previous 32 years of my life because I was not watching Crimes of Passion the whole time.

It's loving wild, isn't it? I just saw it recently as well. The movie was pretty heavily butchered in its original release, so I don't really know how long the full uncut version has been available.

The soundtrack also rules. I bought that poo poo immediately after I watched the movie. Watch Crimes of Passion.

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

This rules.

Jenny Angel posted:

This rules.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

therattle posted:

Does PUNCH MAIDEN smite Nazis?

Her gauntlets channel the force of a grenade launcher through thise magic crystals so if she turned them on a human being she'd be a murderer!

She might charlie-horse a nazi if she saw one tho :3

CPL593H posted:

This rules.

Thanks!

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 21, 2017

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

This is awesome and there's definitely some streamlining you could do with that costume, especially considering you'll have to draw it a lot for action scenes, probably. Also because streamlined designs are inherently more visually appealing, imo. but the concept is great. maybe her archnemesis could be an ironic racist supervillain?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Jenny, are you out in the rally in Chicago?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Her archnemesis, of course, is the vicious Kick Dude.

Not really, she fights monsters, like this -

and like this guy -

(Both these drawings are almost two years old. I really gotta try drawing some of these things again.)

Basically the snake dude sends whatever crazy monster I feel like drawing every week after her, is the setup. he is part of a race of otherworldly conquerors who are all some kind of snake or lizard guy (I like reptiles so that's the theme I chose) who are bent on conquering the world, starting with "the Brick City" Newark, NJ

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

I mean, it's not really a "musical" in the sense that there are songs or whatever. It's this kind of bizarre sung lyric poetry and I feel like it's too unique a concept to not be fascinating.

I think really what gets me is that like, with musicals you're looking at the ways the songs work as songs (in terms of how the lyrics and music interplay) but also how they work within the (usually) larger context of the movie. Cherbourg presenting the entire movie as sort of one unbroken song is an extremely cool way to really present the music/lyrics in a way where they feel like essential/integral components of the film. I.E. It's not a regular musical where someone singing an emotion is gonna automatically come across differently then them saying it, the movie's all one singular thing and you find variations in meaning not by paying attention to patterns in the occurrence of music/lyrics/visuals but instead variations in the music/lyrics/visuals.
But my issue is that since i'm always going to be dealing with a foreign-language/subtitled copy I'm
A. being detached from the experience of this unified whole because I'm reading a lyric sheet & not just hearing it.
B. still missing something from this experience because the subtitles are translated so the places of emphasis/wordplay are mostly lost on me

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Jenny, are you out in the rally in Chicago?

https://twitter.com/SkateandListen/status/822620309144686592

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnavcUHC6zc

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Punch Maiden is def your best work. I love the little details in the first pic that really sell that character.

While the armor is cool, I kinda want to see the lady in the first picture kicking rear end and looking all frumpy and messy.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Thanks. I'm still trying to nail down the design for several other characters but I'm pretty happy with how PM has evolved. I came up with the name in late 2014 and pretty much everything from her nose to her boots has been refined and gone over, over and over.

I'm almost considering doing it as kind of an illustrated storybook rather than a traditional comic. I really need to just like, hire a writer and plop my ideas down in front of him and be like "DIALOGUE THIS poo poo, MAKE IT FUNNY" cuz I love designing characters but I've discovered over the years that I'm kind of a crap writer

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Huge loving shout out to all the people protesting today. I'm proud of every last stinkin' one of you.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It might just be the grumpiness from lack of sleep talking but I hate the people sitting behind me in this theater so much right now

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I just saw Split. Pretty decent, I enjoyed it and might write up an OP later. Between this and The Visit I'm starting to enjoy Shyamalan's latest work.

The BEEG TWEEST is the last five seconds when they tie the movie into Unbreakable, which is one of my favorite comic book movies.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One of my sisters flew to DC to protest and my Norwegian mom's even protesting. I jokingly told her to make a sign that said "Nazi punks gently caress off" and she got very serious for a moment and said, "Yes, those nazi punks are very dangerous." She grew up in Cold War-era Europe and her father fought in the resistance during WWII so I think she'd know.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Just read that police are giving high fives and hugs to the protesters in Atlanta.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
It's loving cold as balls so gently caress Trump for making me go outside. I wussed out pretty soon, kudos to all who are still going.

Autopsy of Jane Doe is such a disappointing waste of a fantastic setup. The second half being just alright somehow makes the whole thing worse than the sum of its parts.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Had about 14000 turn up at the Oklahoma City rally, which is way more than I was expecting

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Edit: OK, I guess Trump really didn't steal from Bee Movie, but after Herman Cain quoted Pokemon: The Movie, who can tell these days?

SimonCat fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 21, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Had about 14000 turn up at the Oklahoma City rally, which is way more than I was expecting

That is nuts.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
S/O to everyone in the Women's March. Wo-men? More like Win-nin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Day Three: They Shot Dark Movies Too, Didn't They?

Johnny O'Clock (1947)
Kansas City Confidential (1952)
The Killer Is Loose (1956)
Kiss Me Deadly (1955)
Kiss Of Death (1947)
Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye (1950)
The Lodger (1944)
M (1951)
The Man Who Cheated Himself (1950)
Moonrise (1948)
Murder By Contract (1958)
My Name Is Julia Ross (1945)