Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

BrianBoitano posted:

What the gently caress is a chris-chan or lolcow?

I take it from your last sentence that the forum engaged in doxxing so the owner getting doxxed and shutting it all down is the funny part. Nice.

I was reading the board for a while and lolcows seem to refer to anything they can fap to, since they seemed to concentrate on pictures of trans people and women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Kiwi Farms was a forum for doxxing, that has shut down after being doxxed themselves. This is 100% pure schadenfreude, inject it directly into your veins and ride that high all day.

Mm... that's the good stuff.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

BrianBoitano posted:

What the gently caress is a chris-chan or lolcow?

I take it from your last sentence that the forum engaged in doxxing so the owner getting doxxed and shutting it all down is the funny part. Nice.

Chris-Chan is/was the author of a webcomic that somehow or other drew the attention of 4channer types who set up websites to document literally everything about his life. CC is... Incredibly autistic, to the point that they've been egged on into doing some really stupid things in the past by their "fan base" (while also doing other reprehensible things independent of their influence, I.E. hitting the manager of a Gamestop he'd been banned from with his car while he was getting chased out yet again).

Let this sink in: There is at least one couple that got together and married over their shared interest in stalking ChrisChan.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Regalingualius posted:

Chris-Chan is/was the author of a webcomic that somehow or other drew the attention of 4channer types who set up websites to document literally everything about his life. CC is... Incredibly autistic, to the point that they've been egged on into doing some really stupid things in the past by their "fan base" (while also doing other reprehensible things independent of their influence, I.E. hitting the manager of a Gamestop he'd been banned from with his car while he was getting chased out yet again).

Let this sink in: There is at least one couple that got together and married over their shared interest in stalking ChrisChan.

Looked up Cris-Chan on the google and this is what I found.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
what the gently caress

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

That chart is missing the birth of black jesus.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

What the gently caress.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was it Chris-chan who got his/her taint pierced and it got incredibly infected?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

whiteyfats posted:

Was it Chris-chan who got his/her taint pierced and it got incredibly infected?

:getout:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TotalLossBrain posted:

what the gently caress

Stare-Out posted:

What the gently caress.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Who could possibly care this much about one troubled individual

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

baw posted:

The article discusses a few studies, but the biggest one is ongoing. Also I've seen plenty of lifts by crossfitters that would not lead to DQ. The main thing that you need to understand is that it is not nearly as clear-cut as you are implying.

Here is a video of a snatch being done by a crossfitter. Please point out why this would lead to a DQ

Crossfit is crossShit. Sorry for your terrible waste of time.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a loving weird hobby

e: chris-chan stalking and graph-making, not cross-fit

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zakharov posted:

Who could possibly care this much about one troubled individual

People who are just as bad, most likely, and want anything to go "Yeah, I'm this, BUT I'M NOT THIS BAD SEE? SEE!?"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

sometimes cops are ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36leRc7EPNI&t=16s

only one instance, i admit (1:05 or so)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FCKGW posted:

Fails of the week. They managed to sneak in a previously unreleased trailer for the a new untitled Marvell vs. DC Christmas movie at around 5:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib0uf8ZET4I

Knew this was gonna be good as soon as I heard "blyat!"

Also :lol: @ 1:08

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Jan 21, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Fly Molo posted:

What a loving weird hobby

e: chris-chan stalking and graph-making and cross-fit

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
gently caress, if you're going to make a graph like that, at least learn crochet so you can make a wicked scarf out of it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FCKGW posted:

Fails of the week. They managed to sneak in a previously unreleased trailer for the a new untitled Marvell vs. DC Christmas movie at around 5:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib0uf8ZET4I

I don't like them using clearly staged ones like the opening, but I could watch idiots gently caress themselves up on escalators all day.

What's the deal with the stripper poles? They never seem to be fastened to the ceiling at all.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

I don't like them using clearly staged ones like the opening, but I could watch idiots gently caress themselves up on escalators all day.

What's the deal with the stripper poles? They never seem to be fastened to the ceiling at all.

They're held on by pressure by cranking a screw so that it pushes on the floor and ceiling and then tighten them with a locking nut. They can eventually work themselves loose and people don't check that they're secure before jumping on them.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

... They thought this was a good idea, why?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

FCKGW posted:

They're held on by pressure by cranking a screw so that it pushes on the floor and ceiling and then tighten them with a locking nut. They can eventually work themselves loose and people don't check that they're secure before jumping on them.

I'm 99.99% sure that good ones actually have a base you're supposed to screw into the ceiling so that only the bottom is held in by pressure. I went to a party where the homeowners had a stripper pole once and before they decided to bring it out halfway through the night the ceiling "base" thing was holding a tasteful hanging plant.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Powaqoatse posted:

sometimes cops are ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36leRc7EPNI&t=16s

only one instance, i admit (1:05 or so)

In the first clip there the taller kid says "you only stopped hitting me because he's filming right". That and the shirtless kid's smug face probably means the taller kid was the one being bullied and got fed up.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I remember the first time I heard of Chris Chan a few years ago and wasted some time on the wiki. It dawned on me how in-depth that poo poo was and I was kinda stunned.

But mostly I feel bad for the guy but worse for those who have some hosed desire to follow him and torture him even after years of whatever "joke" lost its punch. Good lord.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

... They thought this was a good idea, why?

Pearl Harbor

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Beautiful. *kisses fingertips*

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

baw posted:

The article discusses a few studies, but the biggest one is ongoing. Also I've seen plenty of lifts by crossfitters that would not lead to DQ. The main thing that you need to understand is that it is not nearly as clear-cut as you are implying.

Here is a video of a snatch being done by a crossfitter. Please point out why this would lead to a DQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1wnNijMTZM

That wouldn't actually lead to a disqualification because it's someone who does crossfit doing an actual exercise for once.

Your argument might be completely destroyed by the well known techniques that are widely taught to crossfitters not being that or anything like that.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's almost like using the human body correctly takes some form of common sense.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

We must go deeper, it's korean, movie stunt gone wrong?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
For me, the problem with crossfit is that it requires very advanced lifting knowledge to do all the stuff properly, but if you already have such knowledge you probably know better than to do crossfit.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

nerdz posted:

For me, the problem with crossfit is that it requires very advanced lifting knowledge to do all the stuff properly, but if you already have such knowledge you probably know better than to do crossfit.

For me the problem is that they don't seem to require any kind of actual knowledge before calling themselves instructors and opening studios, so there's a strip mall by my condo that has a parking lot full of idiots lugging kettle bells around outside in 105 degree heat all day every summer like some kind of training camp for short bus athletes.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Kame....ame...HA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0_n7tGnK0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxb0PCBV0vk

Your Gay Uncle has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Jan 21, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Speaking of crossfit:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

crime fighting hog posted:

I remember the first time I heard of Chris Chan a few years ago and wasted some time on the wiki. It dawned on me how in-depth that poo poo was and I was kinda stunned.

But mostly I feel bad for the guy but worse for those who have some hosed desire to follow him and torture him even after years of whatever "joke" lost its punch. Good lord.

There wasn't even a wiki when I first heard about him. My thoughts were "What a weird guy" as I read a few topics then put it out of my mind. Then years later after I finally ponied up the $10 for an account here I saw people talking about floor pizza and entire forums and wikis dedicated to stalking one autistic guy and it blew my mind.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Perestroika posted:

Speaking of crossfit:

At the end of that 100 flop challenge the dude jumped down and showed his palms he had ripped up on the bar. "Yeah so cool! Awesome!"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why are these guys always fat

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

There wasn't even a wiki when I first heard about him. My thoughts were "What a weird guy" as I read a few topics then put it out of my mind. Then years later after I finally ponied up the $10 for an account here I saw people talking about floor pizza and entire forums and wikis dedicated to stalking one autistic guy and it blew my mind.

Floor pizza was the other autistic guy. Unlike Chris chan, Ulilllillia got self aware and tried to improve his life.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I never get tired of the second one after he gets hit. His look of 'what this guy actually hits me unlike my 'students' who just fall over?' is priceless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Perestroika posted:

Speaking of crossfit: