Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Choco1980 posted:

So uh, when you got the second piece of trash, did it make the garbage cannon even stronger? Cause uh, you never tried it out again.

kalonZombie posted:

An inside source tells me the other guy asked this and the answer is no, only one piece of scrap makes a difference.

It did come up when kalon was commentating :v:

Most explicit gun synergies will only activate once, you can tell when something is synergizing because when you pick it up you'll see an arrow briefly flash over your head. Only one piece of junk will affect the Trashcannon and give it +25% damage, otherwise I could see it being a much better weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Seriously. Otherwise I'd just start blowing up chests willy nilly once I got it and make a super weapon.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Speaking of jammed bosses, I just fought jammed high dragun. Thanks to ultra lucky drops, it wasn't even hard (if I didn't forget I had blanks, I would even get easy master round). :v:

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Xarn posted:

Speaking of jammed bosses, I just fought jammed high dragun. Thanks to ultra lucky drops, it wasn't even hard (if I didn't forget I had blanks, I would even get easy master round). :v:

The Dragun isn't close to the most difficult boss as well, as all the attack patterns are predictable and choreographed. The chasing breath is the worst if it starts when you're central. Daggers can screw that up, mind. I tend to find high priest and kill pillar chase patterns as the worst for taking hits.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Choco1980 posted:

Seriously. Otherwise I'd just start blowing up chests willy nilly once I got it and make a super weapon.

If you're running the supply drop beta, blowing up chests will (probably) get you a super weapon.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I'm looking forward to the marine's past. You can guess what it's going to be the moment you see his helmet, but it's a hoot to actually play through.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Another run down! Vote for the next person! All the pasts are dead (for now?!) but there's still a lot more to show off.

The Marine's Past/Polsy

Who's next to ENTER THE GUNGEON?

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Heres a challenge, you have to play like normally, opening chests and picking up guns, but you are only allowed to use your sidearm if you have no other weapon, and you must use the newest weapon you picked up.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

How about no buying from the shop?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
NO pistol run, so Hunter or Convict

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
I think a fun one to see would be Table Tossing, every table in a room must be flipped before the enemies can be fully cleared.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Overcursed run, because yesterday I found out that having too much curse makes... interesting things happen and I want someone better at this than me to face it. :v:

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
Those orbitals you picked up were both called "Guon Stones", which I believe is a reference to the "Ioun Stones" from Jack Vance's Dying Earth books. This game is really thick with references.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Skrewtape posted:

Those orbitals you picked up were both called "Guon Stones", which I believe is a reference to the "Ioun Stones" from Jack Vance's Dying Earth books. This game is really thick with references.

Ioun Stones also show up in D&D quite a bit, referencing the same thing.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

D&D is absolutely thick with Jack Vance, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I feel the need to say this - the repair man's request s become stupidly unfair the lower you go.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I *just* got the joke for the guards outside the Gungeon. A polearm is basically just a stick with a sword on the end, so of course in the Gungeon they only replace the end bit.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think the cop might come back if you just leave the floor without talking to him.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"Once you pick up a new weapon you can only use it until you either replace it or it runs out of bullets" is a really good challenge.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Enter the boss room as soon as you find it, exit the level as soon as you beat the boss.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

You're only allowed to enter a room once, the obvious exceptions being teleport rooms or if you reach a dead end with nowhere else to go. Find a chest but no keys? Tough luck.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
More people into the pits I say!

Edit: Do secret rooms have a really high chance of being health/armour?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Next run beginning now!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The Single Action Army's pickup quote and bullet bouncing ability are a reference to Revolver Ocelot.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Killed by Gatling Gull. That was fast.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Technowolf posted:

The Single Action Army's pickup quote and bullet bouncing ability are a reference to Revolver Ocelot.

Aww, I was gonna make a "you're pretty good" quote, but you spoiled the (unmade) joke.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
Half-life run. Go down to 1/2 heart in the opening room or any variant there of.

Start at 1/2 life and not pick more up. (Yeah right)
Only pick up health from merchants or from floor or a combination there of.
Subsistence run, no keys no blanks just gun.
Action hero mode, any projectile that can be must be dodged through no exceptions.
Lazy mode, no dodging at all.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

All these challenges are really bad, except the overcursed one. But since your chances of running into any opportunity to curse yourself appear to be random, how about we see a run where you just don't get hit by any bosses? I don't like all these suggestions for challenges that would limit his ability to show off all the items in the game, which I find fascinating.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How about, like, every floor you have to leave one item behind for the Resourceful Rat? You can drop junk or empty guns if you'd like.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 22, 2017

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Or how bout a store bought gun run?

Can't buy keys, have to use guns bought from a store first.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Master round run: get all the master rounds or bust.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I just want to see some co-op.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Fabricated posted:

I think the cop might come back if you just leave the floor without talking to him.

Unless they changed it since I last played, this is correct. If you don't talk to the cop he'll recover next floor.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I had a really good run going as the pilot. No thanks to the worthless loving lockpicks which failed to open anything the entire run, but despite that I managed to collect a bunch of very good guns and the table-art blank passive which is hilariously good.

...then I got hit a bunch and stood in creep and died in one room somehow. :smithicide:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

JT Jag posted:

"Once you pick up a new weapon you can only use it until you either replace it or it runs out of bullets" is a really good challenge.

Xarn posted:

Overcursed run, because yesterday I found out that having too much curse makes... interesting things happen and I want someone better at this than me to face it. :v:

These two (not together) I second.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think this is a good challenge, but I could not resist: Every time you get hit you take a shot.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

FAT BATMAN posted:

All these challenges are really bad, except the overcursed one. But since your chances of running into any opportunity to curse yourself appear to be random, how about we see a run where you just don't get hit by any bosses? I don't like all these suggestions for challenges that would limit his ability to show off all the items in the game, which I find fascinating.

Everyone's challenges suck. Do a challenge you've already been attempting this whole time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Do you get something special if the cop survives to the end of the game?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Got this game recently because of the LP and the first time I died was because I misjudged the distance across a pit and fell to my death. In a secret room no less.

And is it possible for enemies you fight in the past to be jammed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

No Gravitas posted:

I don't think this is a good challenge, but I could not resist: Every time you get hit you take a shot.
That is some Gungeon-worthy wordplay right there. Bonus points for having a few different ways it can be read.

• Locked thread