Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

"I found this guy in Africa who said he could cure AIDS and asthma. Make him Surgeon-General."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

greatn posted:

Flip that loving car protestors. Flip the gently caress out of it.

The President's car is heavily armored. It weighs several tons.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
The sky over the Capitol is a dull, unpleasant shade of white. Only one of the five flags hanging over the inauguration stage has the right number of stars.

The red hats have multiplied. You could have sworn there were only a few hats, but when you turn to look again there are 18, 20, a whole sea of them.

They are not just baseball caps, red with a sharp slash of white letters. Some are beanies with pompoms. Some of them are blue, but not for long. When you look back, they have turned. Eventually they all become the same hat. Eventually the people beneath the hats all become the same young man who smiles like the world has just been given back to him, like a $100 bill that fell out of his pocket without his noticing.

Sometimes you smile at someone and discover that in the time it took for your smile to rise to your eyes, the hat has sprouted on her head. She was not wearing it before, surely, or you would not have smiled. Now she has the hat and your smile, too. You can never smile again.

There are only three college guys in Trump hats, but you see them everywhere you look. They are taking a selfie. You are in it, too. No matter how you twist, you always wind up in it.

In the picture you are smiling, but you are not smiling.

They were the ones in all the pictures on election night, and now they are here, wearing their red hats, smiling broadly. Their faces are always the same. They have white teeth and pale skin and bushy, definite eyebrows. Do not let them take another selfie. If they take another selfie with you, your soul will be lost and you will have to travel into a world of their imagining and become their plaything.

The women at this inauguration are all beautiful. Too beautiful. Their eyes gleam like the shiny lids of shut pianos. Their hair has been blown out in soft beachy waves. Their skin is tan. Too tan. This is the only variation in skin tone that is permitted. Their lips are red, the same color that Donald Trump says a patriot’s blood must be. They are very beautiful, and their nails are smooth and bright and neat like shells so that when they are Seen By A Man they will pass his inspection. They are doing what they must.

You blink and suddenly you are wearing false eyelashes. You dare not blink again. Someone else in the crowd blinked too many times and when she opened her eyes, it was 1956 and she had to iron, iron frantically, forever.

The man in front of you was the villain in “Avatar,” wasn’t he? You are not sure. And so was the man in the row in front of him, and in front of him. How did this happen?

You turn your head and the three Trump Bros have come to stand behind you to take their selfie. Now you are in their picture and it is too late. They have taken your voice and put it into a smooth bright shell.

In the crowd with you is a baby with thin yellow hair. It is urgent, the baby’s clothes say, that you know the sex of this child. This is required. Now you know and you will always know.

Jon Voight is here. Someone has wondered if Jon Voight will be here, and this is all it takes to summon him. Jon Voight must appear in every place where Jon Voight might possibly be.

Newt Gingrich has been sitting outside a long time. No matter: Newt Gingrich can keep himself warm.

You see Abraham Lincoln and a revolutionary soldier. They have come from another time to stop this thing, but then they heard the voice and were hypnotized. The voice said that it remembered them and noticed them and that they would never be ignored again. Now they must follow it wherever it leads.

The toilets have hidden their names. The names of the toilets must not be seen or Something Terrible will happen.

There are hats, so many hats. When did people start to wear alpine hats again? Everyone looks like they are in “The Sound of Music,” but not the right part.

The Cabinet files in. The Cabinet is the same old man printed 16 times in different fonts. Surely there has been some mistake. No. The mistake is in thinking that it was a mistake. You are the mistake.

Melania Trump appears on the jumbotron. Melania’s dress is electric blue like an angry sky. The top of the dress is trying to strangle her, but she is fighting it. She is strong. The dress will be subdued.

There is Congress.

Paul Ryan is smiling. Paul Ryan is always smiling. Paul Ryan hears secret music that no one else can hear. If anyone unplugs one of Paul Ryan’s secret earphones, his heart will stop.

Mitch McConnell is not smiling. Once Mitch McConnell saw something nasty in the woodshed, and he could never smile again.

Now it is nearly time.

Donald Trump’s sons come in their limos, two by two. All the limos look like hearses, and you are the thing being buried.

Donald Trump reaches the dais and smiles.

When he speaks it begins raining, everywhere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2017/01/20/donald-trumps-inauguration-was-a-gothic-nightmare

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

blue squares posted:

the secret service would literally start shooting people

Then the war of liberation would begin. This is territory we haven't seen of a president since 1860.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

greatn posted:

Flip that loving car protestors. Flip the gently caress out of it.

that car weighs like 3 tons no way they could flip it.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/822916148190711808

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAH

speng31b
May 8, 2010

He's going to do the same thing to the presidency that he did to the primaries, frontload all the insane poo poo until it becomes white noise and then he can do anything and then noone will care

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Chokes McGee posted:

yes he can leave that to the insane lineup of sociopaths he put in major positions of policy power

Admiral Ray posted:

trump knows how to delegate, don't worry. we'll still get our institutions gutted by his sycophants.

Al-Saqr posted:

The problem is that he's the distraction and Paul Ryan and the GOP are the actual actors, Donald trump can wail as much as he likes but Paul Ryan is 100% focused on killing poor people.

All right, fine, the actual bright side is that we'll all be taken by the sweet embrace of death someday, you happy now?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the SS will slay people all the same for trying

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Powered Descent posted:

All right, fine, the actual bright side is that we'll all be taken by the sweet embrace of death someday, you happy now?

that's my secret cap. i'm never happy.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

blue squares posted:

the secret service would literally start shooting people

also, the beast is like 8 tons. can't exactly rock that one on its roof like your sports team lost the championship.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Jesus. He's already at "God is personally intervening to bless me." He's going to be leading missile parades and dedicated statues of himself by summer.

ahem

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/315184-trump-team-wanted-tanks-missile-launchers-in-parade-report

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Powered Descent posted:

not until it happens

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
michael moore looks like this guy these days

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

never forget this is what America chose

like, this isn't an aberation or an accident

this is what it voted for

this

Wrong

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Al! posted:

michael moore looks like this guy these days

pls don't doxx turdfuzz

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Aurubin posted:

"I found this guy in Africa who said he loves AIDS and asthma. Make him Surgeon-General."

ftfy

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Deadline/status/822917831146602496

more than w though

someone tell that to him

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Our borders have already been made more secure thanks to EXTREME vetting.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38694437

quote:

"We were told to pull aside, cars were searched, we were fingerprinted and photographed, they confiscated our phones and asked us to unlock them," he told the BBC.
"They asked us a few questions, about whether we there to disrupt or anything like that but mostly had to stew for about two hours and then they told us: 'You're going home, going back to Canada.'"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

never forget this is what America chose

like, this isn't an aberation or an accident

this is what it voted for

this

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

so far i think trump has been doin a great job as president!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

if you think everything is a-ok because Hillary moved a few percentage points into a popular win as opposed to the electoral college, may I please remind you that there are still a massive amount of people who voted for this idiot knowing full well what he was about

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bethamphetamine posted:

Our borders have already been made more secure thanks to EXTREME vetting.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38694437

oh jesus. trump's already ruffling international feathers, and they happen to be canada's.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I'm ready for President Turdfuzz

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i like how they use the picture with obama

trump needed that obama bump

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Dishonest media. I know at least 40 million people who told me they watched on TV and were blown away."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

jarofpiss posted:

so far i think trump has been doin a great job as president!

the dishonest media won't tell you that though!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 2, 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

oh jesus. trump's already ruffling international feathers, and they happen to be canada's.

when has poorly-planned out drunken aggression against canada ever backfired for the united states

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

if you think everything is a-ok because Hillary moved a few percentage points into a popular win as opposed to the electoral college, may I please remind you that there are still a massive amount of people who voted for this idiot knowing full well what he was about

I didn't say it was okay I just said that no, America did not as a whole choose Donald Trump

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

William Bear posted:

The President's car is heavily armored. It weighs several tons.

Yeah but one time a single mom lifted a helicopter with her bare hands when her baby was in danger I saw it on Discovery.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
i'll bet he's going to say there were over a million people at the inauguration and all claims to the contrary are because of the lying press

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

blue squares posted:

I didn't say it was okay I just said that no, America did not as a whole choose Donald Trump

yeah that was poorly stated

my point was, don't let anybody say "oh goodness Trump got into office how could this happen?? clearly all the stars aligned just right"

people loving voted for him without complaint

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

greatn posted:

Yeah but one time a single mom lifted a helicopter with her bare hands when her baby was in danger I saw it on Discovery.

im extremely concerned about the misogyny in this thread claiming that the protesters can't flip the trump limo because they're frail women...

edit:also implying that they're too emotional to organize effectively and flip the limo

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Is there no stream of the press briefing???

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

UV_Catastrophe posted:

i'll bet he's going to say there were over a million people at the inauguration and all claims to the contrary are because of the lying press

Yep.

More lying press dishonest media etc

It's really terrifying tbqh.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The best headline tomorrow would be "1.5 million angry women pull pedophile rapist from car and beat him to death"

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Is there no stream of the press briefing???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjjVMAdWm4

• Locked thread