Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Anyone else seeing weird diagonal lines when using the post-coloring feature? I'm not sure if it's a forum issue, as the lines are invisible on the default forum background color, or an SALR issue, and the colored posts feature is causing it. Started a few months back, and never really bugged me, just curious where it's coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I just noticed that yesterday myself

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Did you enable hardware rasterization in Chrome Flags?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Nah, everything in Flags is still on default values.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Huh, weird. I had that problem only when I had hardware rasterization flagged on. (Windows 14393 / GTX 950)

... Does Chrome GPU say rasterization is hardware accelerated anyway?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I'm starting to notice when I open a thread, the page auto-scrolls to a point way north of the first unread post, even with the "adjust position after page loads" option turned on.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
That's caused by embedded tweets loading after everything else, if I'm not mistaken.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Tends to happen in tweet-heavy threads, so yeah. Is this something that'll be fixed?

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
I seem to remember a function one of the SA userscripts had (rip) that made it so the poster's signature was only displayed below that poster's first instance of a post on each page? So each poster had their sig show up, but if they posted a second+ time on that page it didnt display. Does anyone remember and have a link to that? Or is it possible to have it considered as a new feature?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I'm using Vivaldi and SALR works very well, but for one thing: I can't jump to the last read post/first unread with the navigator (the overlay in the lower right corner). Has anyone the same issue or a solution for it?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I"m not sure if this is my browser, SA itself or SALR, but suddenly .gifv's and .mp4's don't show up at all:

Anyone else having these issues? Is there some SALR setting I'm using that I shouldn't be?

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

The button "Jump to last post" always jumps to the first post on the page.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

is there a way to get a dark theme?

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

There's a decent dark theme in Stylish.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I use the Something Awfully Wrong. SA Dark Style with Tampermonkey, and it's decent.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Quick reply box seems broken for me on Chrome and yes I did check the settings.

Browser: Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Extensions: Ghostery, Tampermonkey, Stylish, Privacy Badger, and UOrigin Block

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Alder posted:

Quick reply box seems broken for me on Chrome and yes I did check the settings.

Browser: Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Extensions: Ghostery, Tampermonkey, Stylish, Privacy Badger, and UOrigin Block
Like it doesn't appear or hitting "Submit Reply" doesn't work on it?

And does it still not work if you disable your various extensions that might be messing with it (maybe Privacy Badger as I'm using the others without issues).

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

It doesn't show up at all. I've disabled all extensions now but it's still missing :shrug:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Alder posted:

It doesn't show up at all. I've disabled all extensions now but it's still missing :shrug:
If you open the developer tools (ctrl + shift + I), and go to console, does anything show up when you hit "Reply", "Quote", or "Edit"?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Master_Odin posted:

If you open the developer tools (ctrl + shift + I), and go to console, does anything show up when you hit "Reply", "Quote", or "Edit"?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The SOAP(Somethingawful Old Avatar Preview) button hasn't worked in awhile, but it seems it is still possible to display old avatars according to a thread in QQcs:

VideoGames posted:

I will assist you in the only way I know:

You current avatar is stored as https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/89/48/00064117.0001.gif

You may change both the last four digits and extension to see any previous avatars you have had that have not been uploaded by an admin using the image server. For example https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/89/48/00064117.0001.jpg and so on. Name changes do mess with this, however, so if you have had any other usernames you'd need to find and older post to get the new title path.

I have done this with my own account to find previous avatars.

Unfortunately I cannot find anything under your current title path, so I am assuming you've had a name change?

Is this something that could be fixed?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Peachfart posted:

The SOAP(Somethingawful Old Avatar Preview) button hasn't worked in awhile, but it seems it is still possible to display old avatars according to a thread in QQcs:

Is this something that could be fixed?

Smashed the SOAP button and looks like its an interaction between that site and SA's Cloudflare hosting. So short of someone at Cloudflare figuring it out, its not likely to get fixed.

SOAP posted:

Edit (March 1, 2017): Cloudflare hotlinking blocking broke the poo poo so that's probably it for this web sight. bye!!!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Pretty sure that was deliberately switched on at the SA end to make it harder for weirdos who were downloading the site.

It doesn't actually technically prevent SOAP from grabbing the list of avatar URLs since it can pass any referer it likes, though it can't hotlink the images. I assume they realise this and just don't feel like updating the site to make it work that way though, so yeah, probably not going to get fixed.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I'm using Chrome Canary on OSX. Over the last week or so, I've been getting SALR crashes frequently. I know - Canary and all - but it's persisted through at least 4 nightlies.

Is there a place I can find the crash log to post it? So far clicking on the box that says that it crashed and click to restart has restarted it and it appears to be working OK aside from crashing randomly.

chrome://crashes has this in it:

code:
Uploaded Crash Report ID 85918139a72449eb (Local Crash ID: c7238ae2-bad5-4db3-95b2-05448aa4264c)

Crash report captured on Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 9:03:54 AM, uploaded on Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 9:03:55 AM

Provide additional details
I don't know if that goes to you sadly :( I can't find the details at all anywhere.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Version: 2.1.8.11 and any for the past week or so have been crashing and disabling for me.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Anyone else seeing weird diagonal lines when using the post-coloring feature? I'm not sure if it's a forum issue, as the lines are invisible on the default forum background color, or an SALR issue, and the colored posts feature is causing it. Started a few months back, and never really bugged me, just curious where it's coming from.

Chrome + NVIDIA bug: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41946156/strange-diagonal-lines-in-chrome-chromium-bug
There's apparently a fix https://codepen.io/saulbw/pen/MoEzQV

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

shortspecialbus posted:

I'm using Chrome Canary on OSX. Over the last week or so, I've been getting SALR crashes frequently. I know - Canary and all - but it's persisted through at least 4 nightlies.

Is there a place I can find the crash log to post it? So far clicking on the box that says that it crashed and click to restart has restarted it and it appears to be working OK aside from crashing randomly.

chrome://crashes has this in it:

code:
Uploaded Crash Report ID 85918139a72449eb (Local Crash ID: c7238ae2-bad5-4db3-95b2-05448aa4264c)

Crash report captured on Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 9:03:54 AM, uploaded on Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 9:03:55 AM

Provide additional details
I don't know if that goes to you sadly :( I can't find the details at all anywhere.

This hasn't happened for a bit. Either Canary fixed itself with an update or ????. I guess I'll post if it happens again.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

So Lowtax has made a bunch of changes to the forums and now a bunch of stuff in SALR looks funny. When he is finished I can post pics and such, but I was wondering if anyone was maintaining SALR anymore.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Peachfart posted:

So Lowtax has made a bunch of changes to the forums and now a bunch of stuff in SALR looks funny. When he is finished I can post pics and such, but I was wondering if anyone was maintaining SALR anymore.
Let me know what looks broken and funny.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Master_Odin posted:

I will start posting screenshots as soon as Lowtax is done making changes, I don't want to waste your time. Hopefully by tomorrow!

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Master_Odin posted:

The bottom of every single post looks like this for me. I'm guessing it has something to do with the font of everything being slightly larger/different (although I may be imagining the font being larger/different, not sure on that one yet).

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Penis Vanguard posted:

The bottom of every single post looks like this for me. I'm guessing it has something to do with the font of everything being slightly larger/different (although I may be imagining the font being larger/different, not sure on that one yet).

I'm not seeing this - what are your OS / resolution settings?

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

ulmont posted:

I'm not seeing this - what are your OS / resolution settings?

Windows 10 latest update, happens on both of my monitors at 1600 x 900 and 1920 x 1080. If I re-install the extension it looks fine, but as soon as I change anything in the SALR options it starts looking like that and turning everything to default settings doesn't restore it.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Penis Vanguard posted:

Windows 10 latest update, happens on both of my monitors at 1600 x 900 and 1920 x 1080. If I re-install the extension it looks fine, but as soon as I change anything in the SALR options it starts looking like that and turning everything to default settings doesn't restore it.

Interesting. Here's what I see at 1920x1080 (also Windows 10):

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Penis Vanguard posted:

I can replicate this only if I reduce my browser window to under 700px wide.

You're not crazy about the fonts either. I'm pretty sure all of the navbar fonts have increased to 14px.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I can replicate this only if I reduce my browser window to under 700px wide.

446 pixels wide and still nothing. I wonder what the missing setting is.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I don't know, but I can't stop noticing that your post dates bump up right against the edge of the div, while mine have a ~10px margin on the right.

edit: oh it's because mine is set to 24h format. So much for that theory.

edit2: it's happening because 700px is where the buttons under the post are forced to wrap to a new line, only mine don't wrap. The ones that would wrap just disappear and that empty bar appears instead. This happens even with SALR disabled.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 8, 2017

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Peachfart posted:

I will start posting screenshots as soon as Lowtax is done making changes, I don't want to waste your time. Hopefully by tomorrow!
I've been meaning to do a new release and replace SOAP with something that actually works (maybe SAARS?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Master_Odin posted:

I've been meaning to do a new release and replace SOAP with something that actually works (maybe SAARS?

This would be wonderful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Master_Odin posted:

That one only works for avatars that are like 5 years old at this point.

And if whoever made SOAP is reading this, it worked if you used a extension to disable the referrer

• Locked thread