Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
It isn't even possible to play the tutorial (edit: to Granblue Fantasy) as DJ, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

That's a probe

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bang Dream was pretty much what I expected it to be. Character work could be a bit stronger, but I'm willing to give it a bit more time for that to happen.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

RE: D. Gray Man chat a while back. I really liked it but it started to develop the KHR problem where Allen just kept rediscovering the "TRUE FORM!!!!" of his Innocence, granted the sword ruled hard. Then there were endless new Noah's and it felt like the story was just starting to sprawl in a really unplanned way. The anime was good but it got bogged down with so much filler so I switched to the manga and dropped it around the time Marian disappeared. It was just hard to know what the hell was going on a lot of the time especially when the normal looking Earl(?) showed up I was lost. I might try get back into it with the new anime though.

yeah, I had the same problem with the manga becoming really hard to parse during that arc with the new Noahs and Kanda facing Karma. the new anime adapted that about as well as it probably could, given I remember so much of it being a mess to read. due to the death of long-running shonen anime or a lack of manga it only got 13 eps though, and ended right when a cool new arc opened up. as someone with a weird amount of nostalgia for the original anime, the change of some designs and VAs was kind of a bummer. I also had higher hopes for the animation quality given it was a one-cour modern anime vs the previous series, but it ended up being nothing special.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Granpoo :grin:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I want a Switch

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

littleorv posted:

I want a witch

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

pervert

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Srice posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i decided not to beat mega man x6

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Srice posted:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The Sailor Moon R movie is only showing subbed around here. Which is fine, but I don't know if there's anyone who would see it with me...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i decided not to beat mega man x6

A wise decision.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The Sailor Moon R movie is only showing subbed around here. Which is fine, but I don't know if there's anyone who would see it with me...

friends of dubs are no friends to have

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish there was a ps1 emulator that was both accurate and not intensely lovely about save data. this is probably the second time retroarch has lost all of my save data for everything and also saving in general doesn't work anymore

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

And I've only got the dub here...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tfw your phone autocorrects dub to sub.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

friends of dubs are no friends to have

The issue is with finding a friend in town who wants to watch SM at all, I don't think any of my irl anime friends would turn their noses up at the lack of a dub.

I am kind of interested in the new dub, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The Colonel posted:

i wish there was a ps1 emulator that was both accurate and not intensely lovely about save data. this is probably the second time retroarch has lost all of my save data for everything and also saving in general doesn't work anymore

Can't you just use save states and hold yourself to normal saving rules?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

dogsicle posted:

yeah, I had the same problem with the manga becoming really hard to parse during that arc with the new Noahs and Kanda facing Karma. the new anime adapted that about as well as it probably could, given I remember so much of it being a mess to read. due to the death of long-running shonen anime or a lack of manga it only got 13 eps though, and ended right when a cool new arc opened up. as someone with a weird amount of nostalgia for the original anime, the change of some designs and VAs was kind of a bummer. I also had higher hopes for the animation quality given it was a one-cour modern anime vs the previous series, but it ended up being nothing special.

I just hope the author finishes the series. She got really sick and there was a long long hiatus, but now it's back and confusing as ever. This week's chapter was like 2 pages long. And then a bunch of untranslated stuff about characters, I guess.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Can't you just use save states and hold yourself to normal saving rules?

that won't get me extra dialog in metal gear solid!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I do, let's sailor moon and chill

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The Colonel posted:

that won't get me extra dialog in metal gear solid!

Ah. Sad times.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

homeless snail posted:

I do, let's sailor moon and chill

I don't think you're in Austin!!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm coming over

If you buy my ticket

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I just hope the author finishes the series. She got really sick and there was a long long hiatus, but now it's back and confusing as ever. This week's chapter was like 2 pages long. And then a bunch of untranslated stuff about characters, I guess.

that sucks :(
i had kinda assumed she was doing better given the manga resumed/Hallow got animated. at the very least the stuff with Allen going on the run has the feeling of a final arc.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't get INSIDE

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Speaking of dying manga artists:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Clarste posted:

That doesn't look like Nyankoi.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Terper posted:

I don't get INSIDE

Heh

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

More like Azuma Die-a

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Terper posted:

I don't get INSIDE

I'm pretty sure it doesn't like capitalism or industrialism.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

f

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Thank you zoglin, for making the cute scene cuter :)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No one has been dying for as long or with as much dedication as Togashi.

That sucks about D. Gray Man because it has so much going for it. I had been planning to rewatch all of the original series but I might just read through it and watch Hallow. Agreed with the Kanda Karma stuff because I didn't have a clue what was happening there at all. I thought I was just really dumb (still very possible). I also thought about the end of KHR today and got extremely mad, granted it had been terrible from midway through the Future Arc but that ending was still breathtakingly bad.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3: Tasty, tasty science

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Adbot