Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Who was the person whose main takeaway from La La Land was "Black people ruined jazz"? Because I finally saw the film, and I don't follow that reading at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
In the spirit of antifascism and in honor of brave nazi punch man, does anyone remember the name of that documentary on french youth fighting neonazis in the 70s or so?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

married but discreet posted:

In the spirit of antifascism and in honor of brave nazi punch man, does anyone remember the name of that documentary on french youth fighting neonazis in the 70s or so?

Are you talking about Chasseurs De Skins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfDbTgb6uyc

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Yess, thanks!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I never saw it in full but I saw part of it playing at a gallery. Maybe I should pick that back up...

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Society is wonderfully disgusting. I'm a little bummed I had seen a lot of the stuff out of context in stills on the internet. Going in 100% blind would've been even better.

Now for Eyes Wide Shut for the first time in at least a decade.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

this is loving dope

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Jenny, are you out in the rally in Chicago?

I live in Manhattan

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Jenny Angel posted:

I live in Manhattan

Answer the question!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Ah my bad, idk why i thought you lived in Chicago

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

this is loving dope

Yeah...so far I'm way into it.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Is Torn Curtain the worst Hitchcock and if not how??

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Ah my bad, idk why i thought you lived in Chicago

I'm from Chicago but I ain't been back there in about 4 years now. That and the fact that I love Chicago hip-hop are probably why you thought it, it's a very reasonable thing to assume tbh

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Triple X 3 is balls retarded and more stupid than fun but the cast is incredible. It does go try to be a Fast and Furious but I love the international cast even if it's no where as good. Dial 9 made the movie and I hope Donnie, Jaa and Padukone get pushed. Even Nina was annoyingly endearing.

Even Toni Collette I don't know but has a self aware performance where it feels like I can see the disgust as she says her lines and goes through the motions but it's almost fun to see

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hey is anyone talking about how Split is a sidequel in the same universe as Unbreakable? At the end Bruce Willis shows up and mentions Mr. Glass and it hints that there will be an Unbreakable sequel where Willis fights McAvoy's character lol

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ehud posted:

Hey is anyone talking about how Split is a sidequel in the same universe as Unbreakable? At the end Bruce Willis shows up and mentions Mr. Glass and it hints that there will be an Unbreakable sequel where Willis fights McAvoy's character lol

Yeah, and Shyamalan himself hinted at that being filmed

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

DeimosRising posted:

The worst in what sense?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah...so far I'm way into it.

That was awesome. Got anymore docs like it?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Ehud posted:

This is the first thing that's really made me want to see it

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

Nah, Julie Andrews and Paul Newman are good in it, there's some nifty shots, and it has the killing scene.

Topaz is easily the most boring Hitchcock I've seen. The opening scene is alright, but he's on autopilot on that one. I can't even remember the plot other than John Vernon wearing a Castro beard.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I marched in New York, but I didn't punch a meme talking nazi in the face, so I might as well have not walked at all.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

That was awesome. Got anymore docs like it?

No. I'm sorry :(

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
So, aside from the insane pettiness of Spicer's first press conference being him arguing about crowd size at the inauguration, it's also genuinely really creepy to watch. Like, the only comparison I can think of to him boldly declaring something that's wildly, easily disprovable is Baghdad Bob declaring the defeat of the US military as tanks roll into view.

It'd be funny if you know, it didn't imply really horrible things coming our way.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Egbert Souse posted:

Nah, Julie Andrews and Paul Newman are good in it, there's some nifty shots, and it has the killing scene.

Topaz is easily the most boring Hitchcock I've seen. The opening scene is alright, but he's on autopilot on that one. I can't even remember the plot other than John Vernon wearing a Castro beard.

The museum sequence is good and looks nice, Newman is fine but not finding anything very interesting in a role that is admittedly way underwritten despite being on screen for all but 5 minutes of a 2 hour movie. Andrews is pretty good but also doesn't have much to work with, and honestly the climax of the killing scene is so silly and shot in such a weird way it's not that tense but also not funny.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It would honestly be good for the press to learn their role as not craving access but speaking truth to power.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3sOOBicyDY

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Rope is pretty bad outside of the gimmick

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Eyes Wide Shut is even better than I remembered. I liked that there are Christmas lights of some sort in nearly every scene. The most notably Christmas light lacking scenes being the spooky masquerade and other things involving the secret society.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

FishBulb posted:

You're pretty bad outside of the gimmick.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

FreudianSlippers posted:

Eyes Wide Shut is even better than I remembered. I liked that there are Christmas lights of some sort in nearly every scene. The most notably Christmas light lacking scenes being the spooky masquerade and other things involving the secret society.

Yeah the orgy decorating committee really dropped the ball.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They blew their entire budget on masks and cloaks for everyone.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I just think its funny this exists
https://www.reddit.com/r/bigbangtheory/comments/5p3ozp/it_is_like_they_have_completely_separated_the/

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CPL593H posted:

wow

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The Founder is really good. Keaton is awesome as always, but holy poo poo does John Carroll Lynch almost steal the show.

Spoiler free review I did.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

CPL593H posted:

But it's a pretty good gimmick

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
xXx was dumb as hell, but I really liked it. It had a good message for the kids (the government is a bunch of shits) and it had a surprisingly diverse cast (primarily women and people of color).

Plus Ruby Rose. Like I don't even know if I'm attracted to her or if I wanna just hug her and be her best friend and have sleepovers together.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

FishBulb posted:

BOOO I DISAGREE

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

BOOO I DISAGREE

Eh it's boring and stagey :shrug:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

FishBulb posted:

Eh it's boring and stagey :shrug:

You're boring and stagey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Harsh but troo.

• Locked thread