Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Schwack posted:

Do they no longer do the free starter hero? Seems like I'm stuck with everything capped at level 10 and no currency to buy any. Do I have to pay real dollars to get started? I'm lost as heck.

Did they change that so you get it on your second days login?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Jusupov posted:

Did they change that so you get it on your second days login?

I think I'm on my fourth day's login now. I installed the day before the big patch so I could give it a try once everything changed.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It looks like uncapping your starter hero might be – what a surprise! – bugged right now.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
game is bad

ban kelp

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

MMAgCh posted:

It looks like uncapping your starter hero might be – what a surprise! – bugged right now.

well gently caress.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
What's the rogue suntank build?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally all my stupid mzzees and fatsuits have a purpose as I run around clobbering people with diamond fists and like +240% stat passive bonus damage

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Tonybing is not Italian. He's Scottish. What the gently caress guys

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Gibbering Madness posted:

Tonybing is not Italian. He's Scottish. What the gently caress guys

No true Scotsman would post guides for characters he hadn't actually played

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

Finally all my stupid mzzees and fatsuits have a purpose as I run around clobbering people with diamond fists and like +240% stat passive bonus damage

your emma is wearing a fatsuit?? shameful

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
No free hero unlock might be intended

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

It's canon

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Man I haven't thought about playing this game in quite awhile. Is this game still good? Decent even? I have a bunch of characters from when I played a bunch way back when.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jusupov posted:

No free hero unlock might be intended
It seems that way. Wow.

Then again, :gaz:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
So is everything viable now character-wise, or are there still poo poo characters?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Ghostlight posted:

It's canon

Imagine the oforums if they made that an actual costume :allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

So is everything viable now character-wise, or are there still poo poo characters?
There's still poo poo characters but the entire thing has been shaken up so it's hard to tell who's a poo poo character, what's just a poo poo build that no longer works, and who just needs specific gear/INFINITY to become not poo poo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Yeah I should've turned them all into VICE RECIPES

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

MMAgCh posted:

It seems that way. Wow.

Then again, :gaz:

it seems that it is intended, here's what a gaz guy said:

quote:

So for new players, they need to finish the raft mission and the training room mission to receive the 400 Eternity Splinters. Once they log in for 7 days, they get 200 more!

also some heroes are getting their archetype stats changed in the next patch:

Black Panther - Fighting / Intelligence
Cable - Fighting / Energy
Jean Grey - Energy / Intelligence
Juggernaut - Durability / Strength
Kitty - Fighting / Intelligence
Psylocke - Fighting / Intelligence
Rocket - Fighting / Energy
She-Hulk - Durability / Strength
Squirrel Girl - Fighting / Speed
War Machine - Durability / Strength
Winter Soldier - Strength / Fighting

Ceive
Dec 19, 2006

thank pizza skeltal

Password reset emails are working now.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

How do I start the training room mission, I've already completed chapter 1

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
well, at least jean grey can still pass the cosmic trial by facerolling the keyboard. i guess everything is still okay.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
That isn't too bad, assuming the 400es gift works. It's certainly better than when most of us started, and you had a small roster of mostly 200es characters with a couple 400s and you picked one from them and liked it. It means you can't start with Doom, Deadpool, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Strange, or Rogue, but that's not the end of the world. Particularly Iron Man, since there's a More Different Iron Man that you can start with. The seven day reward gets you another rando box, which is still assuredly good for you on your seventh day. It was more generous for a while, but this could be a lot worse.

Of course, it apparently doesn't work that well, and if you started pre-patch but didn't burn your free unlock for some reason (idgi, but there are reports) you're just shafted. Because :gaz:.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

it seems that it is intended, here's what a gaz guy said:

also some heroes are getting their archetype stats changed in the next patch:

Black Panther - Fighting / Intelligence
Cable - Fighting / Energy
Jean Grey - Energy / Intelligence
Juggernaut - Durability / Strength
Kitty - Fighting / Intelligence
Psylocke - Fighting / Intelligence
Rocket - Fighting / Energy
She-Hulk - Durability / Strength
Squirrel Girl - Fighting / Speed
War Machine - Durability / Strength
Winter Soldier - Strength / Fighting
Oh, well I guess thanks for wasting my unbinds Gaz.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Messed around for a couple hours. Ranged Taskmaster was ok but not great. Dr. Strange was a little better but I really want 2 more hotkeys on him. I'd really like to see dash/teleport/cc breaks and signatures have their own keybinding since every hero needs those 2 skills. Human Torch was amazing, love how he plays now and the variety of builds.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Shredder posted:

How do I start the training room mission, I've already completed chapter 1

There is no training room mission, if you are talking about the Shield training room, that is just a place to go and beat up dummies and test your builds.

You should have a quest in your mission tracker or there should be an npc with a ! over their head in Avenger's tower to start a new one and continue with Chapter 2.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ghostlight posted:

Conservation in the last tier is supposed to turn Photonic Blast into your ranged basic by removing the cost, although of course it's not working at the moment.

Even if Conservation reduced Photonic blast to 0 cost, which it doesn't currently, it doesn't Basic tag it, so half the affixes on Cosmic slot 1s don't work with it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Lozareth posted:

Messed around for a couple hours. Ranged Taskmaster was ok but not great. Dr. Strange was a little better but I really want 2 more hotkeys on him. I'd really like to see dash/teleport/cc breaks and signatures have their own keybinding since every hero needs those 2 skills. Human Torch was amazing, love how he plays now and the variety of builds.

I agree, I can't fit Roll on Punisher without losing DPS, I can't put Teleport on Switch without losing a massive survival cooldown, and I had to basically spec a specific way on Blade to fit Roll on the board as well

There's no reason for even Sigs to not have their own keybind but :fax:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

just max out your run speed

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I agree, I can't fit Roll on Punisher without losing DPS, I can't put Teleport on Switch without losing a massive survival cooldown, and I had to basically spec a specific way on Blade to fit Roll on the board as well

There's no reason for even Sigs to not have their own keybind but :fax:

Having to trade off utility for dps is good design, in theory.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Toshimo posted:

Having to trade off utility for dps is good design, in theory.

It has never been a good design

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Adult Sword Owner posted:

It has never been a good design
i disagree

seriously, this game was a trivial slog with zero actual difficulty for a very long time. the best characters were ALWAYS the ones who do the most damage because survivability was trivial.

i made my right click on iron fist good fortune kick despite not using either of the stances associated with it because it dashes to enemies and is on a very short cooldown, giving me more mobility and versatility. it is good design to have ways of increasing effectiveness beyond "more bigger numbers."

been enjoying the hell out of the game since i've been playing it again and a large part of that is actually having to micro in a lot of situations. i like having more expected of me than just standing near enemies and mashing my rotation over and over again regardless of what is happening around me.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

so what heroes feel best under the current intermediary design, both in terms of general power and in terms of mobility? basically who transitioned the best.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

madcow posted:

There is no training room mission, if you are talking about the Shield training room, that is just a place to go and beat up dummies and test your builds.

You should have a quest in your mission tracker or there should be an npc with a ! over their head in Avenger's tower to start a new one and continue with Chapter 2.

The dev said that's where you get the 400 crystals, I can't find where to get them

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Shredder posted:

The dev said that's where you get the 400 crystals, I can't find where to get them
Is there no NPC in the training room to talk to? I think maybe Maria Hill is supposed to be there?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Even if Conservation reduced Photonic blast to 0 cost, which it doesn't currently, it doesn't Basic tag it, so half the affixes on Cosmic slot 1s don't work with it.
:eyepop:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

I have no idea what I'm doing but I will be the most durable so help me god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Man I honestly don't know if I can go back into the game. Too many things to relearn. Too casual for that bullshit. Gonna go back to playing Nioh demo and get owned