Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I think it's done?

that is really amazing

do you hang these somewhere? you should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Manifisto posted:

that is really amazing

do you hang these somewhere? you should

My wife and I are putting a show together that should open later in the year.

Manifisto

My wife and I are putting a show together that should open later in the year.

nice!

I was gonna say you should tell byob the details, but there is every chance yobbers will show up at the opening, drink all the free cheap wine, and start making jokes to everyone present, including the non-goons, about the goddamn buncar and knife to meet you and whatnot

so what I'm saying is, let us know

Salmiakki

I think it's done?

this is so incredible! you keep outdoing yourself, gsjg :love:

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Rushi

by Smythe

Zyla posted:

rushi can i get you to draw a hedgehog and maybe a sloth too

they're my favorite critters and i would love em

I procrastinate :D

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

Rushi posted:

It was worth the wait!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

bean mom

Rushi posted:

:swoon:

you've made a goon very very happy today :kimchi:

----------------

Al!

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hi folks im friends with zyla we run this chat thing 2gether he thought u might like this

sorry thats a lot of gifs!!!

bean mom

al is super good and owns bones

----------------

Rushi

by Smythe
thats the exact right number of gifs from my calculations

----------------

FluffieDuckie

Welcome al!

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Robot Made of Meat

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!
Al, if you turn those badass gifs into a point 'n click adventure, pls let me know, tia.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Al! posted:

hi folks im friends with zyla we run this chat thing 2gether he thought u might like this

whoa!

Al!

ty ty ty 4 the warm welcome everyone

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Al, if you turn those badass gifs into a point 'n click adventure, pls let me know, tia.

i am actually (sorta very slowly) working on an adventure game kinda about politics but mostly about cspam jokes. pardon the politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Ev3xqL0UY

bean mom

DavidAlltheTime posted:

he was making one of a dystopic post-[censored] world maybe we can poke him into restarting the project :D

----------------

Al!

uh again sorry if i broke a rule there

Rushi

by Smythe

Al! posted:

uh again sorry if i broke a rule there

its a little confusing here at first but there's a rhythm to it. also you should say hi in the stuck chat thread so everyone can ask you about your pets and hobbies :)

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

Rushi posted:

its a little confusing here at first but there's a rhythm to it. also you should say hi in the stuck chat thread so everyone can ask you about your pets and hobbies :)

And crimes!

DavidAlltheTime

I've been obsessively making linoprints. Nothing beats carvin' that buttery rubber!

Robot Made of Meat

DavidAlltheTime posted:

I've been obsessively making linoprints. Nothing beats carvin' that buttery rubber!

Nice stuff!

Macnult

Al! posted:

thank you for this and welcome to byob

DavidAlltheTime posted:

i really like that monkey

StandardVC10

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

I think it's done?

Good eye for detail, nice work

Professor Shark

Currently working on making a linocut based on an antique signet ring:

Manifisto

Al! posted:

Al! posted:

ty ty ty 4 the warm welcome everyone

i am actually (sorta very slowly) working on an adventure game kinda about politics but mostly about cspam jokes. pardon the politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Ev3xqL0UY

DavidAlltheTime posted:

great stuff!

DavidAlltheTime

Professor Shark posted:

Currently working on making a linocut based on an antique signet ring:

Coooooool! Can you post another picture when you're done? I'm fascinated my the process of cutting more detailed designs. This is a badass print you're making.

Professor Shark

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Coooooool! Can you post another picture when you're done? I'm fascinated my the process of cutting more detailed designs. This is a badass print you're making.

Have a wip for now:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i haven't done lino block carving in a long time but i love watching other people do it. there's a twitch stream of a kid who does it once in a while; i'll find it and post it.

i love your bee, professor shark! i love that buffalo, davidallthetime! i would be happy to throw $$$ at prints sometime, too, of both. the bison is my dad's favorite animal; he has a few that are tribal animals that he takes care of at home.

DavidAlltheTime

Professor Shark posted:

Have a wip for now:

Totally inspiring. That head-fuzz is incredible. I'm using a few different sizes of speedball tools. Do you use anything different for your carving?

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

i haven't done lino block carving in a long time but i love watching other people do it. there's a twitch stream of a kid who does it once in a while; i'll find it and post it.

i love your bee, professor shark! i love that buffalo, davidallthetime! i would be happy to throw $$$ at prints sometime, too, of both. the bison is my dad's favorite animal; he has a few that are tribal animals that he takes care of at home.

Post that twitch stream, if you find it please! I'll trade you for a buffalo print :)

Professor Shark

Nope, plain old Speedball w/ the standard blades! A couple Christmas's ago my Mother, remembering how much I "enjoyed" making abstract oil paintings in my undergrad, got me a gift certificate to Curries. It sat in a desk for a few months until I came across a design that I really wanted to put on a t-shirt but figured I could do myself, so I ordered the Speedball Print Kit and have been enjoying playing around with it ever since.

I don't have a final print of the Greek warrior because I slapped it on a wood backing and gave it to my nephew almost as soon as it was done, but I gave him a beard and fixed up the horsehair crest a bit.

I've also made a bookplate for myself and a family crest for a work colleague, among other things. It's lots of fun, and I really like how forgiving it is for bad sketchers like myself!

Professor Shark

I need to clean my brayer

Macnult

Professor Shark posted:

I need to clean my brayer

this is a nice piggy

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I figure since I post so many drawing of my wife, you guys would like to see her art.

This one is called 'The Tide Against Moloch' - 3" x 4" pen and paint on card

'Danger and Dangerous Assumptions' - Acrylic on board

She's well good, and her style, composition and subject matter all differ from mine so greatly that there is almost no competition between us, which is a thing that frequently breaks up artist couples.

real nap shit

hi i dont really post in here but i read it sometimes anyways here is some music i made i hope that is cool

https://mathbonus.bandcamp.com/album/ghost

perhaps u will find it chill and hear some of my soul anyway have a good day

Manifisto

real nap poo poo posted:

hi i dont really post in here but i read it sometimes anyways here is some music i made i hope that is cool

I've listened to the first three tracks, am currently listening to the fourth, I dig it! thanks for sharing.

and look at you, you're posting in here now, why stop when you're on a roll?

e: oh yeah, I meant so say earlier: the art by mrs. gsjg is rad!

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 27, 2017

Robot Made of Meat

I figure since I post so many drawing of my wife, you guys would like to see her art.

'Danger and Dangerous Assumptions' - Acrylic on board

She's well good, and her style, composition and subject matter all differ from mine so greatly that there is almost no competition between us, which is a thing that frequently breaks up artist couples.

These are good arts.

DavidAlltheTime

Love the style! Very cool.

real nap poo poo posted:

Really enjoying this. Nicely done!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i just wanna point this one out as maybe something that hit me the hardest in all these pages. tell your wife her work is loving amazing.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

today i designed some namedrafts for weaving. i'm working on making some upholstery fabric for my new couch since beans ate our current couch and now it has a big hole. anyway.

here it is, this is the basic design of what the fabric will look like but not blue and white:

the fun part about it is that there's a secret message in the fabric. namedrafts are essentially a way of encoding a secret message within the warp and weft thread intersections to create a pattern that can then be read by another weaver that cracks the code (or if you make up your own code, as most are likely to do--it's your own personal joke.) this one used a standard single alphabet (A-Z, 26 character) code, single repeat, reverse* pattern in overshot on 4 shafts. it spells out "eat poo poo and die," then reverses it and mirrors it, in 26 threads. fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Work in progress

• Locked thread