Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Cease to Hope posted:

apparently the cake plagiarists donated their fee for the trump inauguration cake to human rights campaign

should have poisoned trump instead imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
a tiny nude man pops out of the cake to deliver a fearsome assault

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

should have poisoned trump instead imo

the cake wasn't edible, it was mostly styrofoam

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
mansa musa was a bad rear end

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rodatose posted:

a tiny nude man pops out of the cake to deliver a fearsome assault

kustomkarkommando posted:

the radicalisation of rotd

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
it's oddjob. i thought we agreed we were playing with no oddjobs, a captain planet villain says before the flying hat destroy's their neck

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i doubt anyone else in history has ever made it rain so hard that it broke the local economies in the cities he went clubbing in

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i wonder if he came to latvia

Dunno but Folke Westide probably were

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiZyzbnC1sE

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I'm just using Carto right now which has some piss-poor options, but I can give you this!

It's not bad.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

:eyepop:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

Adorable.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
glad to see the president of the united states is still in a state of constant meltdown

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

One big problem with the "Bash the Fash" argument is that right now the Trumpers are going to be looking for reasons to excuse a crackdown -- reichstag fire etc. You can make the counterargument that they'll do that anyway, and hell, James O'Keefe was documented and caught planning to incite violence at the inauguration: but let's not give them what they want.

Personally I see the next few years as necessitating a fabian strategy: deter, delay, distract, defend. We have very little power right now and anything we do is going to be met with horrific reprisals -- we've already seen proposals to literally make it legal to run over and murder protestors who happen to be blocking roads, for example.

Cold-cocking Richard Spencer is cathartic but long term they're gonna catch the guy who did it and his life is going to be ruined by an assault charge and in the end he'll owe Spenser money (just like the Fred Phelps church was supported by assault lawsuits).

you're a coward

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol youtube's taking down richard spencer punch videos because of their bullying and harassment policy

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Tiler Kiwi posted:

glad to see the president of the united states is still in a state of constant meltdown

3 years 363 days

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I'm gonna do some sweet data science poo poo so if you know of a city not on this list

That had more than 1,000 people attend, please let me know.

Oakland was supposed to have hit 100K. Probably not accurate, but I saw that number thrown around. SF had a bunch too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
my trump voting grandparents were happy that obamacare is going away until i pointed out that my cousin will lose access to his parents' insurance, something they thought was part of ACA instead

e: they also didn't know preexisting condition coverage was part of obamacare, or the insurance subsidies. apparently they believed that obama created the ACA and also this mysterious other law which mandated high premiums for no reason

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

my trump voting grandparents were happy that obamacare is going away until i pointed out that my cousin will lose access to his parents' insurance, something they thought was part of ACA instead

the power of branding

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

e: they also didn't know preexisting condition coverage was part of obamacare, or the insurance subsidies. apparently they believed that obama created the ACA and also this mysterious other law which mandated high premiums for no reason

if only the democrat party spent any effort at all finding out that people were misinformed, and correcting it, instead of looking at obamacare's popularity ratings and shrugging because they were loving terrified of fox news calling them liberal if they spoke up about it

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ive bitched repeatedly about that for a while but im inwardly sighing wistfully

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

you're a coward

That's highly probatable language 'round these parts.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Shbobdb posted:

That's highly probatable language 'round these parts.

no mods no rules

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Volkerball posted:

my part of illinois is uncovered by the matriarchy

What a shithole.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

e: courtesy of pups :3:

stone cold fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 22, 2017

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

that's in Pike County btw

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

PupsOfWar posted:

that's in Pike County btw

why are they bears fans?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

volkerball if there was a march in pikeville of all places there was probably one wherever you live

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

why are they bears fans?

different bears, friend

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
all of my friends are fairly optimistic "this is the last conservative president", "resist anyway you can" type poo poo. i just think the republicans are going to railroad through measures to maintain power in perpetuity and the country will dissolve, but they just call me cynical

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

PupsOfWar posted:

volkerball if there was a march in pikeville of all places there was probably one wherever you live

different bears, friend

oh, i just thought they were too poor to afford official jerseys

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

oh, i just thought they were too poor to afford official jerseys

pike county has one of the highest proportions of millionaires in america due to people selling land rights during the 70s coal boom (granted, those people were almost certainly not marching today)

see, theres a bank right in the frame there

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

PupsOfWar posted:

pike county has one of the highest proportions of millionaires in america due to people selling land rights during the 70s coal boom (granted, those people were almost certainly not marching today)

see, theres a bank right in the frame there

the buildings in frame, transplanted to la, scream "i'm 30 to 40 years old and should have been knocked down for new development long ago"

it really demonstrates how regional tastes and mindsets differ, here in earthquake country anything with brick facades let's you know that it's a building with an owner to cheap to care that everything is going to shake apart when the big one hits

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the buildings in frame, transplanted to la, scream "i'm 30 to 40 years old and should have been knocked down for new development long ago"

well naturally the money down there all goes into peoples' McMansions on the outskirts of town or in Belfry, not public buildings or the historic downtown

new developments going in constantly, the backhoes never stop

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm not doing it for his feelings or for him to remember I was kind. There are values and principles that go towards what a democratic society is.

Anyway, I'm done with this stupid conversation, which reminds me why I wanted to quit D&D before I got modded.

This being a parting shot, I'm expecting a probation, my first in more than a year, any time now. :wave:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is a really late comment on my part. Because I am behind the times.

I think this is the very essence of punishing people for having the wrong opinion.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Ceiling fan posted:

I think this is the very essence of punishing people for having the wrong opinion.

he straight up says that it's a poo poo post and he's expecting to be probated

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
The CA bay area was all protests today: 10am in Oakland, 1pm in San Jose, and 3pm in San Francisco.

Market st (probably) in downtown SF:

And here, i bring you the gif(t) of richard spencer memes:

https://twitter.com/bittrscrptreadr/status/822988164578955264
https://twitter.com/dadakim/status/822979087874555906
https://twitter.com/medialawprof/status/822985678103396352
https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/822984924059865093
https://twitter.com/ismashfizzle/status/822993372185067521
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/822990436658774016
https://twitter.com/spacekatgal/status/822992241249619968

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Ceiling fan posted:

Anybody that whines about how they're going to be probated should be probated for their martyr complex

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
2 a.m. in mid-January and it's so hot i can't sleep

god in heaven drive the temperature down below fifty, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Yesterday, my twitter feed was filled with jokes about people who think it's cool to be civil to nazis, and today I can't find any of it! Social media moves too fast I'm old I don't like it

• Locked thread