Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

counterfeitsaint posted:

Thank you.

Should I get rid of all other mods, or are there still some QoL of UI mods that are good to go with LW2?

Get rid of almost everything gameplay-related. Whatever you wish to utilize from the list of compatible mods here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view will hold up to scrutiny. The mods I have going with LW2 are as follows: Hack Plus, LW2 Tactical Suppressors, Maps by Vozati, More Maps Pack, World Expansion Project: ADVENT, Gotcha Flank Prediction, Additional Icons/Loot Indicator by Grimy, Perfect Information, Gremlins Grab Loot functionality, and the Revival Protocol and Restoration Fix that makes it so the skill gets rid of stunned, as it says in the tooltip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

counterfeitsaint posted:

Thank you.

Should I get rid of all other mods, or are there still some QoL of UI mods that are good to go with LW2?

QoL mods are still good and most should work fine. Somewhere there's a huge list of mods the LW2 team tested for compatibility (edit: "somewhere" being the previous post apparently).

I originally figured I should take all the mods off and did, but the first thing I did after the first infiltration mission was realize how wrong I was and reinstalled Evac all.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
That's... Long War?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Which mod are you using for those hit numbers to show up?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Shortest Path posted:

Which mod are you using for those hit numbers to show up?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=625737801

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

hasn't that been a thing for a while? didn't it turn out that the game actually has decimals, so that 100% hit was actually a 99.5% hit or some bullshit?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

hasn't that been a thing for a while? didn't it turn out that the game actually has decimals, so that 100% hit was actually a 99.5% hit or some bullshit?

Even if that's what that is, Long War is supposed to make 10% of the miss above your hit chance into glances, so anything above 90% hit always does at least 1 damage.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Even if that's what that is, Long War is supposed to make 10% of the miss above your hit chance into glances, so anything above 90% hit always does at least 1 damage.

i've definitely missed some 90+ shotgun blasts so its not working if that's the case.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

If you get a graze and they get a dodge it works out to a miss. Do Codexes get dodge (if so: ouch)? If so, that would explain the miss; even with 100% accuracy you'd be getting 90% to hit and 10% to graze.

vvvv No idea.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 22, 2017

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you get up to 110% accuracy, that does mean no grazes (unless they successfully dodge)? Or is the graze window applied *after* your hit percentage gets capped at 100?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Bremen posted:

If you get a graze and they get a dodge it works out to a miss. Do Codexes get dodge (if so: ouch)? If so, that would explain the miss; even with 100% accuracy you'd be getting 90% to hit and 10% to graze.

vvvv No idea.

The popup said 0 dodge but it might have been wrong?

bpACH
Apr 5, 2009
-Deleted Post-

bpACH fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 22, 2017

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So, has anyone yet figured out what triggers Supply Raid missions and their brothers that allow you to recover corpses?

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

How do I keep advent from stealing 95% of my supplies - ive assigned duders to manage resistance cells (admittedly they are low rank, but I expected I'd see some effect)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Good question. I've always had excellent fortunes in having someone suss out a Faceless within a month or two of any seepage. Lucky, I guess.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

marxismftw posted:

How do I keep advent from stealing 95% of my supplies - ive assigned duders to manage resistance cells (admittedly they are low rank, but I expected I'd see some effect)

I dunno. I assigned soldiers to each haven as I got them (mostly squaddies). First drop I had one catch the faceless mission then got the vast majority of my supplies stolen, second I had another and had about a third stolen, last drop I got them all and finally had enough to build stuff.

As best I can tell it happens over time instead of just at the end of the month; that second drop I caught the faceless right before the drop and still lost a lot, but the next month I had nothing taken whatsoever. So if you've already dealt with some faceless it might just be a matter of waiting.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Im guessing it helps if I'm also scanning that zone right?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Scanning is the equivalent of having 4 dudes working Intel operations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
How the pilferage works, as far as I know: Each Faceless rebel will UNDO 2x the work he's doing. So if he's generating 12 supplies a month, he'll steal 24. Same for Intel.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhuVPqskYro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dMnnVjo1HU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Well hello there, Beagle!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The intro video made me remember how loving incredible X-COM's soundtrack was. So good for digital sound from that long ago.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The worst part of Beaglerush uploads is having to wait for the next one to get more sicknasty alien-killing action. Dunno if beags still reads this thread, but just in case, what's the plan for upload schedule? 1/day like the last LnL?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Non-LW2 question:

I'm playing with the Alien Hunters DLC for the first time. I found the Viper King easy enough; he kept just freezing my dudes and/or trying to tongue lash them (and missing).

But the Berserker Queen is absolutely wrecking my poo poo. I have Mag weapons but not the Gauss Cannon/Sniper Rifle yet and it seems like I just cannot do enough damage to her before she flattens half the squad. Any tips?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Mitigate damage by staying spread out, have disables on hand (freeze ideal, flashbangs otherwise), pray that she doesn't get the jump on you.

If you spot her before she does you, try to set up on a rooftop- when she jumps up you can 'nade the floor out from under her and force her to waste a turn.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Beagle must be running at non-optimum settings or have *esports endorsements* because my PC is top of the line and doesn't get nearly that good of a framerate out of LW2

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you turn your resolution down to 1080p that'll give you a bunch of frames.

At that resolution you can also turn down a few of the quality levers to just high instead of super-high without affecting visual quality too much.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I was wondering-are any cosmetic mods (voicepacks/soldier accessories) compatible with LW2? Because I want my squad of doofuses looking appropriately silly.That's kind of the spirit of Xcom,after all.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

I was wondering-are any cosmetic mods (voicepacks/soldier accessories) compatible with LW2? Because I want my squad of doofuses looking appropriately silly.That's kind of the spirit of Xcom,after all.

anything that doesn't effect gameplay is gonna be compatible. i'm using the mgs5 bdu stuff myself.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Thought I'd try to be a toughguy and do commander on my first LW2 game. Lol now that that's out of the way I guess I'll try an easier game. It almost seems manageable except for the size of the missions, god drat they're huge. In my 3 or 4 previous playthroughs, I think I left someone behind like once. In LW2 it's happening like every mission.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

counterfeitsaint posted:

Thought I'd try to be a toughguy and do commander on my first LW2 game. Lol now that that's out of the way I guess I'll try an easier game. It almost seems manageable except for the size of the missions, god drat they're huge. In my 3 or 4 previous playthroughs, I think I left someone behind like once. In LW2 it's happening like every mission.

Is it the reinforcements or the base pods? Because you can assure yourself a manageable time with the latter, but not the former, by only allowing Light and below missions. Hell, Light itself is a bit of a 'bring 8-10 men in your best gear' kind of situation, even when the force level/activity level is low.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Apoplexy posted:

Is it the reinforcements or the base pods? Because you can assure yourself a manageable time with the latter, but not the former, by only allowing Light and below missions. Hell, Light itself is a bit of a 'bring 8-10 men in your best gear' kind of situation, even when the force level/activity level is low.

Well I did two missions, the first one I had 5 days, but because I am Good (TM) at video games and pressed the wrong button, I only had 4.5 days :downs: The second mission I had less than 2 days, and that was all rookies, because everyone else was infiltrating the first one still. I spent Intel on both, one ended up being medium light, and I don't recall what the other one was, but I think spending the intel took it from fortified to alerted or something? There were tons of dudes.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 22, 2017

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you see a mission with only two days to go, probably the best option is to just ... not go on it. Unless it's an extraction and you want to try solid-snaking it or something.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

counterfeitsaint posted:

Well I did two missions, the first one I had 5 days, but because I am Good (TM) at video games and pressed the wrong button, I only had 4.5 days :downs: The second mission I had less than 2 days, and that was all rookies, because everyone else was infiltrating the first one still. I spent Intel on both, one ended up being medium light, and I don't recall what the other one was, but I think spending the intel took it from fortified to alerted or something? There were tons of dudes.

Medium Light means that's like 30-40 enemies, dude. You are not doing that with rooks. Learning experience, though! For almost the entirety of the early game, DO NOT go near anything higher than Light. And Light should be excluded unless it's a Supply Raid or Troop Column Assault or something.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jabor posted:

If you see a mission with only two days to go, probably the best option is to just ... not go on it. Unless it's an extraction and you want to try solid-snaking it or something.

Yeah. I keep getting missions with 11 hours left. That means one dude will encounter a force of hundreds. You simply can't DO that. Someone said 50% of your missions should be thrown out, if not more. I think it's closer to 80%

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The number of missions is related to how many haven folks are set to 'intel'. For the first few months, don't bother with more than a single guy. They'll pull council and the odd guerilla op, but with only ones with days of infiltration time.

Speaking of singular things, is it difficult to change a class name? I loving hate the fact they went with 'shinobi'... to the point where I just straight up disabled it and downloaded one called SpecOps. I get the feeling I'm missing out on some cool infiltration toys though, but I just can't bring myself to have one of my dudes classed as a weeaboo shitlord.

The only complaint that I could't fix myself.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Just grow up. They went with Shinobi when they could've went with Scout or Assassin or whatever. It's about as small a deal as is possible to make. It's not even gameplay-related, which actually affects your enjoyment. My biggest qualm is that the perk trees are just loving nerfed to gently caress compared to Long War Perk Pack. It used to be that you'd have a loving demigod at Lietenant or so, now everyone is very weak.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I that case I guess I should be proud I technically managed to complete both missions, just with +50% causalities and everyone else in the hospital for a month.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Apoplexy posted:

Just grow up. They went with Shinobi when they could've went with Scout or Assassin or whatever. It's about as small a deal as is possible to make. It's not even gameplay-related, which actually affects your enjoyment. My biggest qualm is that the perk trees are just loving nerfed to gently caress compared to Long War Perk Pack. It used to be that you'd have a loving demigod at Lietenant or so, now everyone is very weak.
Shinobe would make a fine nickname cuz the corniness of nicknames is what makes them cool, but as a class name it's a constant reminder of the neckbeard nature of tactilol fantasy. Great thing about inconsequential details is that they can make or break enjoyment. That's what makes them details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I will say they should have gone with resistance management that wasn't managing individuals. Otherwise it is fantastic