Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Yeah if you stuff yourself up against a wall sometimes your foot pokes out the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
What a crock of poo poo.

For the record, it was in the interior of the large building at C on Fao Fortress, the 2 story building at B on Giant's Shadow and at D on Empires Edge. The kill spot thing showed them halfway across the god drat map and I was just in disbelief.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Goonsquad assembled over the course of a match that I ended up on the wrong team, winning by the amazing ratio of 1000-999 against seven of my fellow pskrew.

The game we then merged on we won 1000-540 with a five cap by the end on ballroom. Love it.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Dearest Edward,

It has been quite the jolly campaign warring about hither and thithter and as the iron war machine
trundles along to-wards France our regiment has put up its feet by the Suez and I have found time
to write this letter to you, in my biplane, about 10,000 kilometers in the air. Whilst rummaging
through my rucksack past some thirty odd rifles a serrated sword 5 plungers of strong opiates and
a crossbow [I'll tell you later], I fished out some reels of film from the first two weeks of the
war. It was a garbled mess, a confused evolution of celebration with no end that eventually
transformed throughout the months from simple tribute-to the greatest vehicle/animal I have ever
known-into a bloated twenty minute record of equine victories compiled to persuade a doubting
officer corps. So I cut it as sanely as possible and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPgldyok0lY
(Pls enjoy :cheers:)

and now to sift past twenty gigabytes of wartime service records to finish my thesis to upper brass.
perhaps I shall start with more recent exploits like the time I KILLED A DRAGON BY MYSELF [and wish
the damned recordocamaeraphonogram had been set to 15 minutes instead of 3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfAoBHSKUcI

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Ol Standard Retard posted:

haha everything and the kitchen sink

Add OldCaptainLog on Xbone One! I still haven't gooned up and playing BF3 on 360 with a MASSIVE squad of alternating regulars was some of my favorite non-Halo gaming memories.

Is there a...a slack or something for this? Am I using that right? All my Destiny buddies seem into other games at the moment. I also think I'm a walking punchline to half of them but I'm very alright with that. (I'm very bad, you see)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I hate everyone who plays this game so much. Why surround the objectives without actually contesting them? What is the point of that!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I excel as a medic and it makes me want to kill everyone that doesn't have their syringe/med pack ready to go. If I can bumblefuck ten revives a round what in the name of god is everyone else doing?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Captain Log posted:

Add OldCaptainLog on Xbone One! I still haven't gooned up and playing BF3 on 360 with a MASSIVE squad of alternating regulars was some of my favorite non-Halo gaming memories.

Is there a...a slack or something for this? Am I using that right? All my Destiny buddies seem into other games at the moment. I also think I'm a walking punchline to half of them but I'm very alright with that. (I'm very bad, you see)

I'm not an xboner unfortunately sorry dude I was just giving some props for your clear distaste of the equine scourge.

mellowjournalism posted:

Dearest Edward,

:perfect:

I played two of the best rounds of my life tonight with goonsquads the whole time, that was an enormous amount of fun on a lovely, lovely day. :cheers: and may King Carl protect you.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
perfect note to end my night on

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

winter.mute posted:

perfect note to end my night on

fuckin lol I had just hopped off your truck too

Man it feels good when you get in a groove with the game, I think I got 20 or 30 rocket gun kills tonight and I'm now on a quest to make it my #1 weapon.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I guess my TV is just too lovely. Like, if I'm in one of the train cars on giant's shadow, I literally cannot see an enemy directly in front of me.

Edit: not like, in the corner, like filling 2/3 of my screen. I can tell he's there cause he's meleeing me to death.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Snak posted:

I hate everyone who plays this game so much. Why surround the objectives without actually contesting them? What is the point of that!

I'm a scout and I'm being super helpful :colbert:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
When I spawn on a sniper who is not helping, I drop a gas grenade on him.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I started doing that in ops once at monte grappa when literally 3/4 of the team was scouts and we were getting absolutely steamrolled.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Snak posted:

When I spawn on a sniper who is not helping, I drop a gas grenade on him.

My greatest team-fuckery triumph was spawning on a squad leader sniper who was like a kilometre away from the capture points when we were attacking in Operations. I spawned as support with smoke grenades and followed him around spamming smoke and firing my LMG wildly until someone spotted us and killed him.

I also spammed "request order" because he wasn't doing that, and when it gave me squad leader I booted him.

Our squad ended up doing pretty well with some guidance but we still lost.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I had an arty truck driver who parked himself at the edge of the spawn on giants shadow and did gently caress-all, and we really could have used his help, so smokes and a repair tool got equipped and I chased him around the map smoking him out whenever he parked somewhere useless, and I eventually cajoled him into supporting us at a more forward position so we at least had a hope of holding A and B, repairing him when he took damage. Carrot and stick. I checked the scoreboard at the end of the round and he was a massive 7-0.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Jesus, that's deserving of a private message after the round. Never tank again, lil guy.

Not as bad but last night enemy team was using the arty truck mortar variant. Smh.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
As someone who runs the heavy when given the chance, what's the optimal loadout for the arty truck? Not the mortar I'm assuming?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

As someone who runs the heavy when given the chance, what's the optimal loadout for the arty truck? Not the mortar I'm assuming?

The default loadout is unstoppable.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Just the default load out

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I should really try out tanks other than the artillery truck, I have like 8 service stars for it and almost no kills in all the other tanks. Also are any of the mortar variants any good at all? I stole a dudes mortar landship and it seemed kinda like a waste of time.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nothing compares to the arty truck. I have 15 service stars with it, and the only other vehicle I have a service star with is one for the landship.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I agree that the arty truck is amazing, but it really sucks at actually capping points and being on the frontlines of a push. I feel like with a good squad something like the heavy breakthrough tank would be better in those situations.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
not sure what his plan was, but only friends ride free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaJYJuDbjSY

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

lambskin posted:

I agree that the arty truck is amazing, but it really sucks at actually capping points and being on the frontlines of a push. I feel like with a good squad something like the heavy breakthrough tank would be better in those situations.

I disagree. I'm regularly on the front lines (or beyond) and usually cap 5-10 flags anytime I get in an arty truck. You just have to be smart about when to retreat. The thing is godly.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trench Russian is so much fun to use

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

RCarr posted:

I disagree. I'm regularly on the front lines (or beyond) and usually cap 5-10 flags anytime I get in an arty truck. You just have to be smart about when to retreat. The thing is godly.

yeah knowing when to retreat is valuable for all the tanks. Especially with the arty truck since you can't really turn on a dime and you have less armour than the other tanks. (I think?)

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

frank.club posted:

Trench Russian is so much fun to use

cowboy gun ftw

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Not lining up for a quick get away if things go south is the biggest mistake people make with the arty truck.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

sunday at work posted:

Not lining up for a quick get away if things go south is the biggest mistake people make with the arty truck.

the second biggest mistake people make with the arty truck is trying to drive over trenches with it

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

lambskin posted:

I should really try out tanks other than the artillery truck, I have like 8 service stars for it and almost no kills in all the other tanks. Also are any of the mortar variants any good at all? I stole a dudes mortar landship and it seemed kinda like a waste of time.

The only other armor worth using is the flanker light tank, and only on Amiens. I average 30+ kills a game with it every time I'm on Amiens. Autocannon shreds infantry and mines on choke points kill enemy heavy tanks and land ships every drat time.

Seriously though, the land ship is so bad. I've tried it with a team of goons in voice chat and it was still inefficient. Even with the little autocannon they recently patched it, it's still poo poo.

Heavy tank is barely better. It's too slow and cumbersome and the main gun reloads too slow.

Always be arty trucking. Find some elevation to shoot down into the point being contested and then once it looks safe you can move in to help with the cap or move forward to start wrecking the next point. Just always be swapping third person view to check for sneaky snakes

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

lambskin posted:

the second biggest mistake people make with the arty truck is trying to drive over trenches with it

Shout out sk8r and gohn for saving me all the drat time :angel:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Big Ol' Bone Krew stomping around the Battlefield now.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Beastie posted:

Big Ol' Bone Krew stomping around the Battlefield now.

How do I jump in? Been playing this in my week off a fair bit and getting bored of pubbies. I'm abigg0at on xbl. Any European players feel free to add me - I'm on pretty often

E: Thanks guys! Probably the only games of operations I've won!

Abiggoat fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 21, 2017

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Bone Operations crew with two big stops on defense today.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?

FastestGunAlive posted:

Shout out sk8r and gohn for saving me all the drat time :angel:

Aww, thanks for the repairs today on my heavy tank adventures

I think the vehicles have different usefulness based on different play styles. I am pretty poo poo with the artillery truck, even when I try and play conservatively with it. OTOH, I like the heavy tank and tend to play a bit more aggressively with it. I like the light flanker, but the autocannon is kinda finicky for me and for whatever reason I don't play well with it.

We can all agree that the land ships are loving garbage and a total waste of a spawn.

Analdeath
Aug 12, 2007

Chilled-out entertainer.
When the fog rolls in, the people around you... change.

http://i.imgur.com/Ygjvr8y.gifv

Snak posted:

I don't know but it can make Ops absolutely mind-boggling. Your last objective being taken and you can see 4+ friendlies on the map, standing just outside the capture zone looking in. I think I see that at least once a session.

Pleads posted:

My greatest team-fuckery triumph was spawning on a squad leader sniper who was like a kilometre away from the capture points when we were attacking in Operations. I spawned as support with smoke grenades and followed him around spamming smoke and firing my LMG wildly until someone spotted us and killed him.

I managed to get a sniper to kill himself accidentally over the course of a minute by lying in front of his shield plinking at him with the Kolibri. In his frustration, he set himself on fire with the flare gun, gassed himself, set himself on fire again with his second flare then ran away blazing and blundered into barbed wire. For once griefing a sniper gave me so much entertainment I forgot about the annoyance of my pig poo poo team totally and was able to quit the server on a positive note so thank you sniper.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I can't stand the light tank, personally. With the heavy flamethrower variant I go bananas. Last round I played where I got it at the start I ended up 47-1. poo poo is just ridiculous if you have a good group in the tank and you know what you're doing. Having someone with the repair always ready to jump out and repair in the middle of a tank v tank makes you unstoppable. I think I have 3 or 4 service stars with it. It's nuts.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

rented this game and am amazed how loving horrible the framerate is on ps4. Great job EA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hate mail after stunting with the truck :"people like you ruin the game"

But your team losing by five hundred tickets and driving the train directly into our spawn while the rest the team sniping 🐸☕️