Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Try comparing these two maybe? Dunno how else to put it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol the survery asks how often you watch anime.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Rascyc posted:

Try comparing these two maybe? Dunno how else to put it

Looks fine to me. She's just arcing back?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

meh i can see what you're saying with sacred plea but it's like, who cares, dude didn't get an A+ in his anatomy courses i guess, it's nothing to be bothered by

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its a thick waistband

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Saw in the tourney stream of the turn 5 Eidolon play and then dream turn 6 shrine maiden to make it spell immune and also two hares of madness on board.

And then he died in the next turn from a crimson sorcery and 2 piercing runes :qq: As a lover of memes my heart ached :qq::qq::qq:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the daria into lethal piercing rune was pretty gross

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Awesome! posted:

the daria into lethal piercing rune was pretty gross

...So you mean more than half of all games in ranked right now?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Awesome! posted:

lol the survery asks how often you watch anime.

Never

Also I said I couldn't recommend the game to friends on the basis of the terrible t&a art.

Also, should we have gotten packs yet? I triple checked my user number and submitted the survey like six hours ago.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 21, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hauki posted:

Never

Also I said I couldn't recommend the game to friends on the basis of the terrible t&a art.

Also, should we have gotten packs yet? I triple checked my user number and submitted the survey like six hours ago.

Didn't the news post say something like "within 30 days"? I assumed that everyone would get the packs all at once after they closed the survey.

quote:

Simply complete the following survey before 4:00 p.m., Jan 22 (PT) and we'll reward you with 3 Rise of Bahamut card pack tickets within 30 days of completion.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Clarste posted:

Didn't the news post say something like "within 30 days"? I assumed that everyone would get the packs all at once after they closed the survey.

I didn't actually see the news post, I just followed a direct link the survey. That works though.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Shark Tower posted:

Looks fine to me. She's just arcing back?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

"This Shadow deck I drafted seems pretty good. Lots of defensive tools to stall into Bahamut, loads of shadow to pay for sweet necromancy th-" *is run over by a train of 5 swordcrafts in a row each packed to the gills with Storm*

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

I mean sure dude, if that's what you see.:shrug:

I'll concede that it's probably not a comfortable pose for praying, but it's hardly the backbreaking contortion some of you goons seem so hung up about

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 22, 2017

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's not that it's backbreaking, it's that the torso looks like it was extruded forward. She looks like she has this great big matronly torso and dainty little arms and neck.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I don't know why control blood isn't played more often. Revelation is busted even at 8 pp, and I'm saying that when Themis does the same at 6 pp. Just shows how powerful full board clears are. You don't need to land a single punch with a follower. Just survive with Bloody Mary with razor claws and finish with Temptress Vampires. Doesn't have the problem control sword has with card draw thanks to dire bond and blood pack. Vunerable to Roach OTK but that's about it. Are people that afraid of bricking?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Lord Ephraim posted:

I don't know why control blood isn't played more often.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It's not that it's backbreaking, it's that the torso looks like it was extruded forward. She looks like she has this great big matronly torso and dainty little arms and neck.

I think she's just thrusting her hips and chest out while leaning back. Like her body's only occupying the white dress part and the black part behind her is billowing cape.

Though I also wouldn't mind thinking that she's actually standing straight and has a cap america'esque torso under all that.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
It looks like someone drew a perfectly normal woman with human proportions and spine, and then was told to go back and draw giant titties underneath the arms.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ZiegeDame posted:

It looks like someone drew a perfectly normal woman with human proportions and spine, and then was told to go back and draw giant titties underneath the arms.

Exactly, that's what probably happened. I am an anime baps connoisseur, and in my expert opinion, the issue is that in order for the tits to start there, the torso has to be way more forward that it should. Just follow the neck-line into the tits (as provided in a convenient image) it is pretty much a straight line instead of, well, how it works in a well-drawn waifu. I guess the artist didn't want to go with the hassle of moving the head and shoulders forward after that much effort.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 22, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this is getting way more involved than i am comfortable with

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Ephraim posted:

I don't know why control blood isn't played more often. Revelation is busted even at 8 pp, and I'm saying that when Themis does the same at 6 pp. Just shows how powerful full board clears are. You don't need to land a single punch with a follower. Just survive with Bloody Mary with razor claws and finish with Temptress Vampires. Doesn't have the problem control sword has with card draw thanks to dire bond and blood pack. Vunerable to Roach OTK but that's about it. Are people that afraid of bricking?

Bloody Mary is quite clunky, you pretty much have to fight tooth and nail to stabilize against the aggro decks (or Daria) and BM is pretty much a dead draw until you have some breathing room. Also, dire bond is a huge risk against, say, aggro sword, which will totally kill you for using 3pp on something without an immediate effect. The balancing act for dire bond is tough, too early an you lose too much tempo, too late and you can get killed. Although, in general, you don't have issues with aggro.

Control blood is indeed great against Daria so it does get played a little. My guess is that it's because it's not an easy deck to play well and fights are stressful.

vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Ya'll staring too long at the anime ladies and I'm kind of regretting liking this game now.

And don't get me started on [insert ridiculous anatomy lady here]
vvvvvvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 22, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Ya'll staring too long at the anime ladies and I'm kind of regretting liking this game now.

I've seen a fun Discard deck floating around, anyone given this a try?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Lord Ephraim posted:

Expensive deck, games take awhile, auto loses to roach. Your wins against Seraph/Nep depend on how many Odins you run, your wins against Daria depend on how many revelations you pull. At least all the aggro match ups are fun for you.

It's a fun deck and I like playing it, but drat I wish I could run the more Odin heavy build cause it sucks losing most of your seraph/nep games cause you only have one Odin. I also can't decide if running the Bloody Mary combo version is better or the more late game Bahamut version.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I've only faced it once. It dropped me from like 15 to 1 in a single turn and then my Seraph popped. v:shobon:v

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I understand that I just started playing Ranked, but...why do people keep playing 1-2 minions into the Death Sentence I have on the board?

I mean, my Seraph is also on the board and I'm going to win next turn, so it doesn't matter, but all of these free Death Sentence kills are confusing.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I've run into it once but the guy put all 3 wildfangs down but only hit me for 9 so I just removed them and he had no other recourse

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

AegisP posted:

I understand that I just started playing Ranked, but...why do people keep playing 1-2 minions into the Death Sentence I have on the board?

I mean, my Seraph is also on the board and I'm going to win next turn, so it doesn't matter, but all of these free Death Sentence kills are confusing.

Sometimes you just want to play the cards in your hand despite the inevitable.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm screwing around in C rank with a newly crafted Nephthys deck, and I just had the strangest game. I'm playing against a Seraph deck, and I wind up with the worst possible draws, and he brings me to 1 defense and just sits there with a bunch of Tribunal of Good and Evil countdowns set to go off and an evolved follower he isn't attacking with. I wasn't sure if he was just waiting for me to concede or something?

My turn I drop an Underworld Watchman, which dies at the beginning of his turn due to the tribunal, snipes his one big evolved dude for a huge defense boost bringing me back into the game, and he starts dropping Seraphs turn after turn to which I respond by playing Odin each time. The game just drug on and on with board wipes and board wipes until he finally got frustrated and conceded.

I wasn't sure what he was doing, but its by far the weirdest match I've had where somebody just...intentionally avoids lethal. Maybe he just really wanted to win with Seraph?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Some people -- especially bad players -- really like to sandbag their wins. I imagine when you rarely win, each one needs to feel special.

That or the kind of smugness that comes with being a sandbagger also comes with the incapacity for self-criticism common to bads.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's called Yu-Gi-Oh! Villain Syndrome and I suffer from it too.

It's not a victory unless it's the victory you want.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Sometimes people like to see if you can make a comeback for fun

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well that was nice of him. I appreciate it more now that I'm in B this evening and hit a wall of perfect Daria draws.

Also finally got to see a Seraph deck work when I didn't have an Odin in hand to deal with it. Very next turn was countdown reduction spam until the win. Seems like that deck is fairly reasonable to put together? I might give that a shot after I finish saving up for Bahumuts.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Some people also really don't want to rank up.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Well that was nice of him. I appreciate it more now that I'm in B this evening and hit a wall of perfect Daria draws.

Also finally got to see a Seraph deck work when I didn't have an Odin in hand to deal with it. Very next turn was countdown reduction spam until the win. Seems like that deck is fairly reasonable to put together? I might give that a shot after I finish saving up for Bahumuts.

There are a fair amount of Golds between Tribunals and Themis', as well as the Seraphs themselves, but if you like playing Control, dear god is Seraph fun.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Seraph mirrors are kind of intense. Beat my opponent who drew all of his card draw and was cycling like mad, but I had more Beastcaller and minion draws and was able to just pressure his life total so much that he couldn't ever Seraph and instead had to Wrath and play catch up.

Honestly thought that was a lost game as he went first and had more cards, but I guess you can kind of overwhelm them with minions.

shoc77
Apr 21, 2015
Seraph is fun until you play an opponent who tech 3 Odins in his deck.

Once all your seraph got banished, it's pretty much gg since you have utterly no more win conditions unless you are playing the elana seraph hybrid.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah with the Odin-heavy meta right now I think Prince of Darkness is the way to go

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

If I've already started, and linked my account with Steam, is it too late to reroll or is it possible to somehow delete the game from Steam and link a new account to it?

So far, from playing all the stories and opening packs, I've gotten the following:

2 Imperial Dragoon
Fairy Princess
Forte
Pluto
Tsubaki
Sun Oracle Pascale

Is this worth keeping at this point and/or is it possible for me to keep the progress here by relinking to my facebook if I reroll and don't get what I want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

If I've already started, and linked my account with Steam, is it too late to reroll or is it possible to somehow delete the game from Steam and link a new account to it?

So far, from playing all the stories and opening packs, I've gotten the following:

2 Imperial Dragoon
Fairy Princess
Forte
Pluto
Tsubaki
Sun Oracle Pascale

Is this worth keeping at this point and/or is it possible for me to keep the progress here by relinking to my facebook if I reroll and don't get what I want?

I don't think you can link a new account, so you won't get those extra packs again. Your rolls are totally unremarkable outside Forte. You could build a meme dragon deck with the imperial dragoons but that deck (and the whole dragon class) is not too hot right now. Tsubaki is good but the decks where she typically goes are really expensive. Pluto and the princess are trash, and Pascale is iffy.

Re-rolling seems like a good idea to me. The point of the re-roll is to get a few good cards to build a decent deck that would be too expensive for your typical newbie. Right now you more or less will be forced to play cheap aggro decks if you want to get a few wins and anybody can play those no matter what you get at the start.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 24, 2017

• Locked thread