Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/loly2k/status/822612302801338368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's the company behind this recruiting campaign:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so here is my question. do you think now that the GOP and Trump are in basically full control of government and probably will be for the next 2 to 4 to 8 years. do you think the WOKE poo poo will die off? its clear that most people hate it and its dividing and crippling the left and various areas.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I think the trajectory WOKE is on will reverse but it will still stick around like aging hippies do. The WOKE stuff will not continue, but those completely indoctrinated now will not go away and are too far in to back out.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
so in 30 years we will see stupid 60 year olds with like, bandananas or whatever going like "dude, your a racist"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

the WOKE stuff will still be around, they'll just start co-opting THE RESISTANCE and you'll start seeing the rainbow group of friends in hoodies raising their fists in the air with a pepsi logo looming behind them

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

this is the guy holding that sign: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Chu

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

"Chu has been sponsored by the likes of Laughing Squid,[13] Harputs adidas/Y3, Learn iT!, DoctorBase, a Quiznos Sub restaurant,[1] Rasputin Music, Chris Daly's 2006 San Francisco Supervisor campaign,[14] Phil Angelides' 2006 California gubernatorial campaign,[15] and Expensify[16]—typically through ad-space purchased on the back of his signs.[17][18] As of May, 2005, his going rate was $100 (U.S.) per week.[19]"

He's a legitimately crazy guy who has been protesting against imagined conspiracies for over a decade, and now he makes money by renting the space on the back of his sign to companies.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Of course he has also done a reddit AMA. https://np.reddit.com/r/sanfrancisco/comments/1xb5cj/greetings_i_am_frank_chu_ama/

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fullhouse posted:

Zootopia is extremely blatantly about racism and how it's bad don't do it so this is a reasonable thing to say imo

Then why is every sheep bad? Where are the black sheep

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Fullhouse posted:

Zootopia is extremely blatantly about racism and how it's bad don't do it so this is a reasonable thing to say imo

A large part of it was that learned racism does not make you a bad person, but a lot of people missed the entire point there

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/nycjayjay/status/822473349301436417?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

drat frank chu sold out.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Atrocious Joe posted:

A Broadway musical with actually currently popular musical styles seems like an obvious thing to do but apparently no one thought of it before.

The fact it allowed people to feel good about their country's historical foundation just by casting people of color in the roles of landed white aristocrats is what allowed it to metastasize into a cultural/political force among parts of the country.

So it's blackwashing? I thought sjw's were against race-washing? Do the black people in the play still talk about the 3/5 compromise as if from the voice of slaveowner? That must be super awkward.

Subjunctive posted:

A 6M-person city with lots of little restaurants that can't employ a delivery person?

You might have some anger issues.

Here's a delivery person: your legs.

got any sevens has issued a correction as of 06:18 on Jan 21, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

got any sevens posted:

So it's blackwashing? I thought sjw's were against race-washing? Do the black people in the play still talk about the 3/5 compromise as if from the voice of slaveowner? That must be super awkward.

they don't bring up slavery at all, is the compromise. Lin-Manuel Miranda basically admitted in an interview that he couldn't figure out a way to put it in without grinding the musical to a halt

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Baloogan posted:

I think the trajectory WOKE is on will reverse but it will still stick around like aging hippies do. The WOKE stuff will not continue, but those completely indoctrinated now will not go away and are too far in to back out.

Catgirls are replacing social justice and that's a good thing

Business Gorillas posted:

the WOKE stuff will still be around, they'll just start co-opting THE RESISTANCE and you'll start seeing the rainbow group of friends in hoodies raising their fists in the air with a pepsi logo looming behind them

Pokemon GO smash the state

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I'm sad it's the dude who drew they way too risqué for newspaper syndication comic Liberty Meadows.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

got any sevens posted:

Then why is every sheep bad? Where are the black sheep

There's a black lamb in the beginning who is saved by the main character

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SisypheanSperg/status/823046269333544960

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Hitler actually wanted to make Germany great again

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
hitler... good?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Woke hitler

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
mr lebouf http://www.hewillnotdivide.us/

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Scrub back about 35 minutes there's a dude showing his rear end

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

ScrubLeague posted:

Scrub back about 35 minutes there's a dude showing his rear end

ahahaha

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i mean i have made that same joke with my close friends. but loving seriously.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
The Trump Is Hitler thing is so ridiculous especially because Trump loving loves Russia and wouldn't start a war with them (unlike Hillary).

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Peanut President posted:

The Trump Is Hitler thing is so ridiculous especially because Trump loving loves Russia and wouldn't start a war with them (unlike Hillary).

Hitler did start a war with Russia but then invaded them two years later.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

devtesla posted:

Woke hitler

So that's what he meant by "Deutschland erwache"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/skrutsick/status/823280800179204097

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

One of those books is not like the others...

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

got any sevens posted:

ya animal farm is about Communion.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Cyron posted:

ya animal farm is about Communion.

And how it would be great if you didn't need to worry about being taxed or invaded by a foreign group.

The fact that literal capitalist pigs are the bad guys isn't very subtle.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

this is just as insufferable as quoting bible verses to fit every situation

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lamebot posted:

its actually even worse, as the bible is not written for literal children

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Lamebot posted:

quoting the bible is 2000-5000 years better than quoting harry potter

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

got any sevens posted:

As someone who actually read all the Hunger Games books (they were cheap on Kindle, please shame me) the first one was OK and the last two were very, very bad. Anyone who thinks they're a landmark of literature like those other books should be mocked.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/dotlayer8/status/823541151873585152

quote:

LaBeouf's new work, HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US, is an ambitious response to the Trump presidency, created with his longtime collaborators Nastja Säde Rönkkö and Luke Turner. It began on inauguration day and invites members of the public to recite the mantra "He will not divide us" into a webcam, which livestreams day and night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Shia is really awesome and has been #woke for years but most people weren't ready for that at first.