Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It's pronounced Yakuza 0 Zero (zero zero)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

Not written by David Cage and having a budget unlike Telltale helps.

Shame the game runs at around 18 FPS. Really made it hard to enjoy it, especially with it fluctuating constantly.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Anyone have experience fixing the Dualshock 4's issue with a stuttering left analog stick? In short, holding down the left analog stick for movement is not consistent and frequently make it look like a character is stopping and starting. The problem also seems to be getting worse lately. Searching online it seems to be a somewhat common issue, but my controller is outside the warranty period, so I'm looking to do a manual fix if possible.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Wandle Cax posted:

ah yes of all things one of the best platformers of all time is getting a remake, such injustice in the world

I like Crash Bandicoot a lot, but it doesn't even need a remake because it still plays and looks good as is (partially because of the cartoon art style), and as stated Activision seem to have made it worse in most ways. it doesn't benefit that much from a remastering.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Max Wilco posted:

Is there any carryover for downloadable games between the PS3 and PS4? I've been thinking about buying the PS4 Pro, but I realize I still have Yakuza 5 and a handful of PSN games I haven't finished yet. I don't intend on selling my PS3, but I was curious if any of the downloadable titles would be accessible on the PS4. I know something like Yakuza 5 wouldn't work, but I thought maybe the PS1/PS2 Classics would be available, along with some of the PSN titles.

Additionally, in the OP, it says that some games actually run worse with the Pro. Is there a reason for that, and are the performance hits that bad?

Some games are cross buy like journey. Most arent.

Pro had some launch troubles with certain games. Devs make mistakes. Patches have been coming out to clear things up.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I've been trying to play God eater resurrection in between FF XV and I dunno if FF is spoiling me or what but holy poo poo does God eater feel cheap and boring.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FadedReality posted:

I've been trying to play God eater resurrection in between FF XV and I dunno if FF is spoiling me or what but holy poo poo does God eater feel cheap and boring.

isn't god eater resurrection a remake of a years old vita monster hunter clone? adjust your expectations

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

isn't god eater resurrection a remake of a years old vita monster hunter clone? adjust your expectations

psp

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FadedReality posted:

The second one is better but yeah it's also a PS4 port of a Vita port of a PSP game that first came out in 2010 so.

There's a reason it got given away free with the second game.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
So I should just play God eater 2 rage burst then?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FadedReality posted:

So I should just play God eater 2 rage burst then?

it does have a lot of the same content as the first iirc

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

saltylopez posted:

Anyone have experience fixing the Dualshock 4's issue with a stuttering left analog stick? In short, holding down the left analog stick for movement is not consistent and frequently make it look like a character is stopping and starting. The problem also seems to be getting worse lately. Searching online it seems to be a somewhat common issue, but my controller is outside the warranty period, so I'm looking to do a manual fix if possible.

Honestly it's probably time to get a new controller. Drift/stuttering aren't as easy as just popping it open and replacing something afaik. It'll just get worse too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My order finally went through :pray:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My order finally went through :pray:

I got my shipping info, also, but mine should arrive on Tuesday.

Ok, I'm having an issue with FFXV and I'm not sure if it's because I'm doing something wrong or if the game is glitching out. I have gotten to Malmalam Thicket. I have defeated the monster there. I can't get the tomb to open. I'm level 35, if that helps.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If it's the one I'm thinking of it only opens at nighttime.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of it only opens at nighttime.

Ok, I'll try at night then. It's really weird because I was seeing treasure on the ground I couldn't pick up and places to gather lighting and fire, but I couldn't. There was a camp site I couldn't camp at. I reset the game and went back to town and will have to go through the preliminary part again.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Morby posted:

Ok, I'll try at night then. It's really weird because I was seeing treasure on the ground I couldn't pick up and places to gather lighting and fire, but I couldn't. There was a camp site I couldn't camp at. I reset the game and went back to town and will have to go through the preliminary part again.

sounds like a bug with the interact option. try saving and reloading, i've heard that fixes most issues.

also, that royal arms tomb opens during the day. they all do.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Holy poo poo, I died like two dozen times in the Nioh demo then lost thousands of souls getting beaten by one of the first enemies when I was trying to run back to my corpse

Edit: Make that four dozen times

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 23, 2017

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

How late does the Nioh demo run tonight?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have died at least twice to every single enemy on this map, I look forward to spending ten hours beating this level

Also I have drowned four times

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 23, 2017

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

SLOSifl posted:

How late does the Nioh demo run tonight?

I thinks it's midnight local wherever you are.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also I have drowned four times

For real this game is loving awesome but LMAO the number of times you can die because step on the like the one square foot of deep water between two shallow areas because of how vague it is. I feel like it was a lot easier to discern in the alpha because I never drowned there. Wasn't this guys a sailor?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

quite a lot of sailors couldnt swim!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK now that I am starting to understand the enemy stamina stuff and got that move that punishes empty stamina I was able to push forward a little.

Then I got murked by an umbrella and lost 5000 amrita. (Isn't that a type of soda)

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

im enjoying SRIV, except for one thing: i haven't been using the guns a lot, since The Touch comes up on the mixtape station and it feels so wrong to keep shooting dudes instead of suplexing and piledriving every guy in the room. same with driving, I got the infinite sprint real early so why drive when you can do that and glide?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Death count up to 150+. I burned all my consumables fighting that bird thing and then still died, I feel defeated

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Death count up to 150+. I burned all my consumables fighting that bird thing and then still died, I feel defeated

stay close, you can bait his spinny kick, then hit him once and bait it again

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tengu's optional, so feel free to go try something else if you're getting frustrated. the boss is close to there as well

remember that you can summon help (tho I've never tried so idk how it works exactly)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I grinded for more elixirs. Then I fought him again and died because I attacked through his attack while we were both at 1% life :negative:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PenguinKnight posted:

im enjoying SRIV, except for one thing: i haven't been using the guns a lot, since The Touch comes up on the mixtape station and it feels so wrong to keep shooting dudes instead of suplexing and piledriving every guy in the room. same with driving, I got the infinite sprint real early so why drive when you can do that and glide?

Yup. Guns and driving both got kind of obsoleted by the crazy matrix superhero poo poo you can do now.

It helps to think of it not as the fourth Saints Row game but as the third Crackdown game.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

PenguinKnight posted:

Because cruising in incongruous vehicles is fun as poo poo. :colbert:

And before you ask: Some of the guns you get later end up being wacky fun. But goddamn did they need to fix the upgrade grind.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

PenguinKnight posted:

You're playing the game right. SR3 ended with you feeling like a god made out of bullets and SR4 quickly gets to the same level of ridiculous. It's nice to have cars sometimes though, you know?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can't remember ever getting in a vehicle in sr4 unless I was forced to for a mission

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

haveblue posted:

Yup. Guns and driving both got kind of obsoleted by the crazy matrix superhero poo poo you can do now.

It helps to think of it not as the fourth Saints Row game but as the third Crackdown game.

Haven't played an SR game since the first but that just grabbed my attention

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Blocking doesn't damage you and is quicker than dodging if you get stunlocked, so if you can take the ki damage and have enough left over for a combo it's usually worth it to block so you'll be in position.

Oops thought I was in the Nioh thread. Point still stands, blocking is great! Also if you get the perfect block skill and get good at it you can instant ki drain most human opponents and set them up for a grapple.

knobgobblin fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 23, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

TheDarkFlame posted:

You're playing the game right. SR3 ended with you feeling like a god made out of bullets and SR4 quickly gets to the same level of ridiculous. It's nice to have cars sometimes though, you know?

On the other hand, the fully upgraded electrical stun UZI gun is a god mode weapon, especially against Wardens.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fifty more deaths and I finally did it. Then a minute later I fought a mimic thing and got grappled to death

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

there wolf lmao posted:

I thinks it's midnight local wherever you are.

PST.

Nioh is going on my early contender for GOTY.

Never Forget (in December)

Feenix fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 23, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

verbal enema posted:

Haven't played an SR game since the first but that just grabbed my attention

Yeah, the first one is a GTA clone played straight but the later ones lean hard into the absurdity of the gameplay and premise. By the time the fourth one adds literal superpowers (virtually identical to the ones in Crackdown, even including stat orbs) it doesn't even seem like much of a stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Beat the Ogress, not sure if I have what it takes to beat the side missions before midnight.

Well, hope I don't miss anything too good.