Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
weird dig at hunchbacks

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My advisor and associate department head at a major university is actually very conservative. Of course like all good boomers he was a hippy back in the day.

We used to make jokes about how he was far more conservative than somebody whose money comes from government grants really should be. His research wasn't even the people-killing kind!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If there is one feature that truly defines the oval office, it is that it has corners.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

:eyepop:

Did not expect the last line.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

du -hast posted:

:eyepop:

Did not expect the last line.

It's accurate to DeVos's beliefs, though, and what she would likely do if she got enough power.

Thankfully, things aren't looking so good for her, last I heard.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

It's accurate to DeVos's beliefs, though, and what she would likely do if she got enough power.

Thankfully, things aren't looking so good for her, last I heard.

Problem is, the hearings are almost pointless because she'll probably be approved anyways. Candidates quit more often out of embarrassment than they aren't approved.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Everyone!
...except Muslims, who all have to get out.
...Mexicans, too.
...and the crooked media.
...and flag-burners.

But hey, almost everyone!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes with another variation on "Trump groping female personification of a virtue."

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Everyone!
...except Muslims, who all have to get out.
...Mexicans, too.
...and the crooked media.
...and flag-burners.

But hey, almost everyone!

Diversity is antithetical to fascism. They believe unity will make USA stronger. A single voice. Of course, the easier way to have a single voice is only one person voice.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Donald Trump takes the solemn oath – Chris Riddell on the inauguration of the 45th president of the United States"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I like how the bar is so low for Trump that "CHECKMATE LIBTARDS, THE SUN STILL ROSE!" is meant to be a burn.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

OldTennisCourt posted:

I like how the bar is so low for Trump that "CHECKMATE LIBTARDS, THE SUN STILL ROSE!" is meant to be a burn.

The sun didn't rise; A mere ball of flaming gas illuminated the world.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Beeler was pretty critical of Trump, too. "libs are mad and we're still not dead" is probably the only good thing he can eke out of the situation.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:
Sunday Telegraph:

he forgot to roll coal

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I am glad that Gerald Scarfe lived to see such times, and is still working.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Orabilis posted:

Obscure Terry Pratchett reference out of nowhere.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A reminder that Sunday newspaper comics are submitted weeks in advance:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Bramhall on the NY Daily News

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Is the point of this comic that Obama waited until knowing his successor was the worst possible President Elect before he started doing good things? I guess elections should happen sooner then. Like, you'd vote immediately after the guy got sworn in, so that the successor would be known for the entire duration of the mandate.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Rickshaw posted:

And to think I used to feel bad when Garrison's work was edited by 4chan types to be neo-nazi propaganda.

I was just thinking about the old "Zyklon Ben" stuff. I find it kinda weird that not only has he allied with the people who used to do that to his cartoons (something I recall hearing upset him deeply when he first found out about it), but his views seem to have shifted so that he's essentially making comics for them. And to top it all off, the noses on his "globalist" caricatures seem rather large and hooked...

4chan basically gaslit Garrison until he became Zyklon Ben.

The whole man-bun hate confuses me, because angry grandpa political cartoonists always depict the guy in some weird twisted, effeminate way.

That dude is burly (in that urban "not a lumberjack, but could probably squat me" way), and hot as gently caress.

I think their old asses are just jealous.

Orabilis posted:

That is the perfect Pratchett quote to describe how it feels in America right now. Thank you.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

The whole man-bun hate confuses me, because angry grandpa political cartoonists always depict the guy in some weird twisted, effeminate way.

That dude is burly (in that urban "not a lumberjack, but could probably squat me" way), and hot as gently caress.

I think their old asses are just jealous.

Apparently my father, who's turning 60 this year and wears his hair past his shoulders, usually in a ponytail, occasionally has his peers lecture him about how he needs to cut his hair already because he looks so ridiculous and he's way too old for something like this. Cut your hair and be respectable already! There's some real, honest anger towards anyone who doesn't conform to the masculine ideal exactly, I guess. poo poo's hosed.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RoboRodent posted:

Apparently my father, who's turning 60 this year and wears his hair past his shoulders, usually in a ponytail, occasionally has his peers lecture him about how he needs to cut his hair already because he looks so ridiculous and he's way too old for something like this. Cut your hair and be respectable already! There's some real, honest anger towards anyone who doesn't conform to the masculine ideal exactly, I guess. poo poo's hosed.

My dad told me the other day that when he was a teenager, if your hair touched your ears you would be sent home from school.

The past is a foreign country.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

and hot as gently caress.

please don't post untrue things

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

mandatory lesbian posted:

please don't post untrue things

Nah, gonna have to go with ESR on this one.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Captain America has his shield, The Piss King has his deadly erect necktie.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I've really been enjoying Arend van Dam's output lately. His childlike style and opinions are very fitting for the Trump era.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

achillesforever6 posted:

Ryan Zinke pisses me off that he went into the same field as Geology majors. I loving hate oil and gas geologists now, nothing but a bunch of fucks looking at ways to give there dying industries a excuse to mine public lands.

I rather kill my career calling oil and gas companies shitheads than work for them no matter how little they would offer me because I never took any oil and gas classes for my major and wanted to be a Paleontologist first and foremost

This is more or less why I went into archaeology; quite aside from the academic aspect, I get a little sick thrill from discovering archaeological sites on land intended for development by power monopolies and telling them to go gently caress themselves for at least a year and a half while we do a thorough assessment of cultural resources.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

It's good I saw this because yesterday, even after having Trump supporters yell at me I was trying to figure how you could possibly be opposed to the message of our particular march. I could not imagine anyone arguing against putting America last, or filling our streets with more crime, violence, and drugs. I didn't even think about how my position against good jobs could be controversial. So thank you Bill Leak for taking seriously what people were saying yesterday so I could see the error of my ways.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
was Bill Leak the one whose political opinions could legit be attributed to brain injury?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

SexyBlindfold posted:

was Bill Leak the one whose political opinions could legit be attributed to brain injury?

Yes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He's the one whose political opinions are possibly a war-crime, or whatever that UN investigation was/is about.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Why is hunchbacked Lin-Manuel Miranda so angry? :ohdear:

21 Muns fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 22, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

Massive marches by women to protest the denial of basic human rights and equality for women? So why are they not protesting female genital mutilation, the oppression of women in Islamic States, etc.?
Labels: America, female genital mutilation, Islamic States, never Trump, Presidency, trump, Women's Rights
drat Kirschen is one stupid motherfucker

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Trogdos! posted:

drat Kirschen is one stupid motherfucker

Donald Trump has alienated everyone who could possibly make his presidency a success, and now is only moments from crashing into an iceberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I was just thinking about the old "Zyklon Ben" stuff. I find it kinda weird that not only has he allied with the people who used to do that to his cartoons (something I recall hearing upset him deeply when he first found out about it), but his views seem to have shifted so that he's essentially making comics for them. And to top it all off, the noses on his "globalist" caricatures seem rather large and hooked...

4chan basically gaslit Garrison until he became Zyklon Ben.

This sounds a lot like the origin of Darth Vader, but more pathetic.

• Locked thread