Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Splode posted:

Remind me which airport you work in so I can never, ever fly there.
It's adorable that you think what he described isn't SOP for every airport in the country. Those guys earn slightly over minimum wage and it's a no experience or education required position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Jesus Christ posted:

This was really fascinating. I've often wondered about emergency response at long courses, especially poo poo like motorcycle races around the Isle of Man or something where one little gently caress up sends you into some ancient stone wall at 150mph.

RIP Dr. Awesome who I only just learned about an hour ago.

During the TT there's a medevac chopper or two flying directly over the course at all times, ambulances are on standby throughout and they red flag the race as soon as a crash happens. This doesn't make it any less deadly but it makes the bystanders feel better.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Why not just rest the phone on the box?????

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I liked the one where the guy jammed two screwdrivers into the sockets.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Zzulu posted:

They should bring back airships for commercial use tbh. It'd be like taking a cruise, but in the sky:

I'd fly that

Bel Geddes No. 4 or bust!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zzulu posted:

They should bring back airships for commercial use tbh. It'd be like taking a cruise, but in the sky:

I'd fly that

I would fly across the Atlantic on an old 1930s-style zeppelin if I was ever given the chance. No hesitation, sign me the gently caress up.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Slugworth posted:

It's adorable that you think what he described isn't SOP for every airport in the country. Those guys earn slightly over minimum wage and it's a no experience or education required position.

It's adorable that you assume I'm American. Your country is a disaster.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I never understood the appeal of cruises. All the amenities of a hotel, but with higher prices, more nausea and gastrointestinal illness, and a much higher chance of drowning. Sign me the gently caress up!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dienes posted:

I never understood the appeal of cruises. All the amenities of a hotel, but with higher prices, more nausea and gastrointestinal illness, and a much higher chance of drowning. Sign me the gently caress up!

I think the theory here is that you end up someplace new in the morning. You don't get that in hotels unless you find yourself waking up in some fleabag in a tub full of ice

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Dienes posted:

Cruises are awesome. Ive never got sick on one and youre more likely to hit a lower deck than the ocean if you go over the railing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dienes posted:

You get all the amenities of a hotel but they include visits to other countries like the Bahamas or Norway. You get to spend all of the travel time in a comfortable resort environment instead of on a plane or train.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dienes posted:

I wonder though; people drown in hotels all the time.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Zzulu posted:

I'd fly that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq-N3_plNq8

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

JB50 posted:

Cruises are awesome. Ive never got sick on one and youre more likely to hit a lower deck than the ocean if you go over the railing.

What has always put me off is the chance of meeting 'that couple'

You know they are.

You'd the entire cruise hiding behind potted ferns or under tables to avoid speaking to them again.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spog posted:

What has always put me off is the chance of meeting 'that couple'

You know they are.

You'd the entire cruise hiding behind potted ferns or under tables to avoid speaking to them again.

Yes well Mr. Wooster I think you'll find that doesn't really happen so much to other people.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Well, this isn't quite OSHA but probably belongs in this thread:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

The name of the device is truth, apparently.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never would have guess something like that would make a cow happy.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I wonder how long it takes them to learn the right feed direction

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

WrenP-Complete posted:

Now this is correct and good ppe osha whatever the gently caress. Instead of potentially harming themselves on fences and such, moo cows can groom themselves on an efficient and safe grooming brush! Now that is a happy cow! :3:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There isn't a rotating shaft warning.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That cow isnt wearing a helmet

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

That cow isnt wearing a helmet

It's okay, cows have really thick skulls.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
that's fake ewes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmT-uIUFdIY

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Huh, I never knew that glove leather came from actual degloving. Neat.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

:feelsgood:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I love how happy the cow looks! :3:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

that's fake ewes

bmooooooooo

Were they expecting this to happen? I can only imagine that's why they were filming in the first place.

Chard fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 23, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WrenP-Complete posted:

An apparatus for infusing lovely kebab meat made of cardboard and rat feces with bovine flavour.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

WrenP-Complete posted:

Yes, I'd like everything with it, thanks!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Chard posted:

bmooooooooo

Were they expecting this to happen? I can only imagine that's why they were filming in the first place.

quote:

Cow's '' Unlucky ''day ! Get killed by a single Headbutt !
Inga awoo

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

WrenP-Complete posted:

gently caress yeah, cattle turn it on theselves.
http://www.kerbl.com/catalog/ShowArtikel.aspx?siteID=2&SKCatalogID=555068&SKTreeParentID=555089&SKTreeID=555091&SKProductID=3127203

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This answers none of my questions.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Chard posted:

bmooooooooo

Maybe not expecting the cow to die, but thought they'd be filming a pissed off ram trying to go after the cows.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's not like a dead cow is a big deal. Like when an escalator breaks it becomes stairs, when a cow breaks it becomes steak.

sorry for the deliciousness.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Why is no one posting Paul und die Kuhputzmaschine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQzcsN1zdM4

gently caress me, look at them cows enjoying themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raLHCMxPgOQ

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

It's not like a dead cow is a big deal. Like when an escalator breaks it becomes stairs, when a cow breaks it becomes steak.

sorry for the deliciousness.

A strong blow to the forehead is one of the steps of standard cattle slaughtering procedure anyway, ram was just trying to comply with meat industry standards.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

From the Schadenfreude thread:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

haveblue posted:

A strong blow to the forehead is one of the steps of standard cattle slaughtering procedure anyway, ram was just trying to comply with meat industry standards.

Well there are a couple of different bolt-stunners that can be used to basically KO the cattle so it can be bled out.

Jarvis makes a couple of these products and other interesting devices.
http://www.jarvisproducts.com/beefstunners.htm

Check out the robotic head-dropper for pigs:
http://www.jarvisproducts.com/Jarvis%20Pork%20JR50RHD.htm