Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Kayle or ziggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What sort of bugs has the player base found using practice mode?
The biggest recently was the input buffer bug, there's been a couple minor, non-game breaking bugs, and a lot of character-specific bugs.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Do you think riot is fine rip off DotA and do a spring cleaning update where they fix as many of these bugs as possible

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

A really bad Teemo build? Why would you ever sell a Rabadons for a Shiv?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

blah_blah posted:

A really bad Teemo build? Why would you ever sell a Rabadons for a Shiv?

I assume he was splitting rather than fighting so he wanted to push asap?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats the prison teemo build

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
It's definitely Kayle

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

I assume he was splitting rather than fighting so he wanted to push asap?

Runaans gives you all the waveclear you need.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How's Ashe these days? I exclusively play YoloQ alone, and I'm also on the JPN server so communication with teammates is basically just pings and basic stuff. But I figure that regardless of the state if ADCs she'll always be viable because she provides so much utility.

Are people still going BF>zeal>boots>Runaans>ER/IE? Is it worth getting both ER and IE or do you basically just pick one? Anytime I pick IE I really miss the CDR early, but then without IE I really feel like my damage is gimped as I get into the mid-late game.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
ER builds are rush ER > Zeal item > IE. IE builds are BF+pickaxe > Zeal item> IE > second Zeal.

I think Ashe is a bit out of favor right now because Varus got buffed and he's more fun to play.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Luna Was Here posted:

I'm specifically talking about tristana's w popping E's passive. That wasn't a bug

e: Man I don't even know anymore I found an old video of what I was talking about and I'm pretty sure this didnt always happen. I think the actual bug was that e chain reacted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ_03wBhWt0

Argona fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 22, 2017

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

K8.0 posted:

ER builds are rush ER > Zeal item > IE. IE builds are BF+pickaxe > Zeal item> IE > second Zeal.

I think Ashe is a bit out of favor right now because Varus got buffed and he's more fun to play.

But if the game goes long enough should I always be going ER and IE?

I've only ever played Varus a bit, but I never liked him that much. I've always had good luck with Ashe and I think she's pretty fun to play. I'm also a Silver shitter so the actual win rates of Champions doesn't really matter for me.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You have to build IE no matter what or your damage scaling is poo poo

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

But if the game goes long enough should I always be going ER and IE?

I've only ever played Varus a bit, but I never liked him that much. I've always had good luck with Ashe and I think she's pretty fun to play. I'm also a Silver shitter so the actual win rates of Champions doesn't really matter for me.

Ashe is plenty good right now, go hog wild.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

I really want this to be AP Tryndamere.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Electrical Fire posted:

Ashe is plenty good right now, go hog wild.

All the best adcs are the long range ones so, yeah, go for it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What sort of bugs has the player base found using practice mode?

Playing league

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Argona posted:

e: Man I don't even know anymore I found an old video of what I was talking about and I'm pretty sure this didnt always happen. I think the actual bug was that e chain reacted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ_03wBhWt0

No, E used to go off when you killed a minion, didn't matter how you killed it. I remember them specifically changing her E to no longer proc on spell damage so it has to go off from auto attacks only

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i'm really glad ap trist isn't a thing anymore. i don't think i ever won a game with one on my team

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Getting body blocked for 2+ seconds by allied minions and dying because of it it is the most tilt-inducing thing I've had happen to me in this game in a long loving time. I gave up first blood to an atrociously bad Darius who flash E'd me and a bunch of minions right next to my tower, which trapped me in a pile of them for long enough to apply full bleed stacks and ult me.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
When they physically block you from walking around a tower/inhib because they decided to make a solid wall. That poo poo is infuriating. Some champs being 100 pixels across and others being 1,000 doesn't help either.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mystery Prize posted:

Getting body blocked for 2+ seconds by allied minions and dying because of it it is the most tilt-inducing thing I've had happen to me in this game in a long loving time. I gave up first blood to an atrociously bad Darius who flash E'd me and a bunch of minions right next to my tower, which trapped me in a pile of them for long enough to apply full bleed stacks and ult me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-tGm1vkaAc

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just played Vi for the second time, and she is tons of fun. Her kit feels simple and powerful, not because of damage numbers but because of what it does - cc, mobility, waveclear.

I used the builds on champion.gg but I've heard people here say not to just rely on those. How do you folks recommend building Vi?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Lovechop posted:

i'm really glad ap trist isn't a thing anymore. i don't think i ever won a game with one on my team

Did we play when I was ap trist cause I won a lot of those gsmes

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Addamere posted:

I used the builds on champion.gg but I've heard people here say not to just rely on those. How do you folks recommend building Vi?

It depends on the game and the situation, just like every other champion.

NA.op.gg has some good ideas on what to build on her. Sometimes you need to be tankier, sometimes you need to be bruiser, sometimes you need to be almost assassin like. Depends on what your team is needing

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Addamere posted:

Just played Vi for the second time, and she is tons of fun. Her kit feels simple and powerful, not because of damage numbers but because of what it does - cc, mobility, waveclear.

Vi is stupid strong right now so she is permaban for me. Lower elo is totally poo poo stomped by her. If you want to dominate any game just go warrior into triforce and then tank. Those 2 items are enough to assassinate any squishy while still being durable. Still take CotC even after the nerf because if you go deep in a team fight the shield completely negates the inevitable focus on you from the enemy team.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Addamere posted:

Assuming you're jungling her: warrior -> trinity force -> maw of malmortius or steraks gage -> other appropriate defensive items is pretty standard. You can sub black cleaver for trinity if you have an all AD team or whatever. I don't think I'd ever build fewer than 2 damage items on Vi, she's not very effective as a tank.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
She needs a little bit of durability so she doesn't explode after her engage. Any other damage outside of the warrior enchant + offensive item feels like overkill and is kinda detrimental I feel like, but I don't play her a bunch and didn't when I mained jungle

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

Assuming you're jungling her: warrior -> trinity force -> maw of malmortius or steraks gage -> other appropriate defensive items is pretty standard.

Agreed with warrior -> triforce, but unless you're massively ahead you probably want a tankier item next (DMP being one of the better ones). And if you are massively ahead then probably just build a GA.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tales of Woe posted:

Assuming you're jungling her: warrior -> trinity force -> maw of malmortius or steraks gage -> other appropriate defensive items is pretty standard. You can sub black cleaver for trinity if you have an all AD team or whatever. I don't think I'd ever build fewer than 2 damage items on Vi, she's not very effective as a tank.

i would never sub out triforce for any reason on vi since it allows her to absolutely shred towers. a triforce vi successfully getting a gank off is basically a guaranteed tower with it

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for the advice guys. Do you complete warrior before building triforce, or do you do some weird thing where you hold onto your starter item then rush sheen then finish warrior or...? It seems like getting that sheen proc off on your q-auto-e-auto as soon as possible would be a priority.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I think Warrior first for the immediate boost of AD + CDR

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Addamere posted:

Thanks for the advice guys. Do you complete warrior before building triforce, or do you do some weird thing where you hold onto your starter item then rush sheen then finish warrior or...? It seems like getting that sheen proc off on your q-auto-e-auto as soon as possible would be a priority.

Warrior is too gold efficient to not finish first. It increases your DPS by much more than a sheen does against towers at that stage of the game (you have ~70-75 AD at that point in time, Warrior gives you 60 AD more).

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Servaetes posted:

She needs a little bit of durability so she doesn't explode after her engage. Any other damage outside of the warrior enchant + offensive item feels like overkill and is kinda detrimental I feel like, but I don't play her a bunch and didn't when I mained jungle

I usually take Warrior -> Triforce if i get fed, Warrior -> Cleaver if the game is even or behind. Merc treads vs. only very heavy CC or magic damage, Tabi otherwise (tabi is broken and shits on the already lovely adcs)

After that deadman's plate is a fantastic offensive defensive item. Sterak's gauge is great as well. Banshee's for magic damage is fantastic on Vi. Randuin's/Thornmail are also options vs. heavy auto attacking teams (Yi + Yasuo + Tryndamere)

edit: I forgot about Maw of Malmortious. It's absolutely fantastic on Vi for the raw AD it gives with MR.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

4-4 in my placements, which isn't bad considering I had 2 games where my top lane just fed like crazy. I really like Ashe for bot lane. If I have even a half decent support (and there isn't a Vi or Hecarim Jungle on top of me every ten seconds) I can poke the hell out of people with my range and W. Caitlyn is a huge pain because I can't get close enough to do anything, but most match ups go pretty well.

What's a good Secondary role for when I can't get ADC? I've been choosing Mid just because it makes me more likely to get my first pick, but I got stuck as Mid and ended up getting poo poo on as Karthus. I used to play Jungle, but I've never been very good at Assassins, which seem to be the best in Jungle right now. I like Ivern but I feel like he is near worthless if my lanes aren't doing well (which happens a lot) and I'd rather play something where I can make a difference if my lanes are sucking.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Addamere posted:

http://i.imgur.com/0BIYFfu.jpg?1

Both of these builds are totally fine, warrior - TF - tank is what I would do, Maw and sterak's count as tank items for Vi.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

coming back to this game for a little bit to play with some buddies and vlad seems insanely bad lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Vlad's always been a pretty bad or meh design. There isn't a real scenario where you pick him that isnt either "his stats are overtuned" or "I like playing him". If you want a safe mid theres Zed/Morg/Lux, if you want a tanky mage theres Jax/Rumble/Galio/Maokai/Swain, if you want someone who sets up Aoe dogpiles theres Kennen/Morg/Azir, if you want huge aoe damage theres every mage in the game.

If you think back to when Vlad was memorable or mentioned or had memes, it was always about his puddle. Now nearly every champ has a skill to catch back up to the puddle. Without that all you really have is a meh mage whos single target skill ate a teamfight nerf.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah he took a numbers hit a few patches after the mags update

He's basically just this safe owner who becomes an unkillable tank later in the game but he doesn't really have any scaling so you'd be better off just going for a tank with actual CC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

When I lived in America I had 100 ping and 80 fps. Now I live in Japan and I have 25 ping and 20 fps.

Life is hard.

• Locked thread