Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

weekly font posted:

Imagine being the guy who was mid unironic sentence about the origins of Pepe when you got punched in the face and cried and the whole Internet laughed at you.

Nah I don't wanna imagine being a Nazi poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

These nazis are both dead and cool:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Here's my question about the nazi getting punched: why was NBC putting a nazi on television?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Jack Gladney posted:

Here's my question about the nazi getting punched: why was NBC putting a nazi on television?

Because you have to be fair to both sides

Jack Gladney posted:

Because Nazis are liberal and NBC is the liberal media

Jack Gladney posted:

Because hes so dapper

Jack Gladney posted:

Because the world is doomed

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jack Gladney posted:

gotta get ahead of the curve :downsrim:

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Jack Gladney posted:

Because Hitler won the war

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Yo Boston folks, John Darnielle is presenting a screening of Targets at the Brattle on Feb 8. Not sure why he's doing it but hey, two great tastes that taste great together

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They saw the movie and want to talk about it and real life isn't a fuckin spoiler free zone unless you're standing in front of the movie theater

It's a film festival and people all around are also visibly attending the same festival(I had my credentials on) and likely seeing the same movies and even if not you are talking loudly in public about the ending of an unreleased movie so it just all feels at best a little thoughtless.

Anyways, I'm just on edge today because later we're probably gonna have to drive through a mountain blizzard.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yo Boston folks, John Darnielle is presenting a screening of Targets at the Brattle on Feb 8. Not sure why he's doing it but hey, two great tastes that taste great together

He's doing a reading from his new book, which apparently features Targets prominently. I'm pissed as hell I'm not going to be around for it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Who was the person whose main takeaway from La La Land was "Black people ruined jazz"? Because I finally saw the film, and I don't follow that reading at all.

I saw way way way too many pieces about how the movie makes the case that the white man is saving jazz and it's like...all he does is open a jazz club.

Anyway, I wish there was more stuff like this online. Quint from AICN took pictures from a Universal promo book from 1973. Essentially it was just something sent out to cinemas to say hey this is what we got coming up and it's going to be awesome. Some of it is just movies that were about to come out, some were movies that had different poster art made up, but then some came to nothing at all. There's the original, and more sinister, poster for RADIOLAND MURDERS, that has Lucas' name on as Director and some awesome JAWS art.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/76981

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't seen La La Land yet, but as much as I really did love Whiplash, I also found it somewhat galling that this movie that is all about jazz didn't have, as far as I can remember, a single named black character, or even one that gets more than like two lines (granted, Whiplash did kinda center around White Guy Big-Band jazz, but still.)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jack Gladney posted:

I want to hear your guesses.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

DrVenkman posted:

I saw way way way too many pieces about how the movie makes the case that the white man is saving jazz and it's like...all he does is open a jazz club.

Anyway, I wish there was more stuff like this online. Quint from AICN took pictures from a Universal promo book from 1973. Essentially it was just something sent out to cinemas to say hey this is what we got coming up and it's going to be awesome. Some of it is just movies that were about to come out, some were movies that had different poster art made up, but then some came to nothing at all. There's the original, and more sinister, poster for RADIOLAND MURDERS, that has Lucas' name on as Director and some awesome JAWS art.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/76981

This was cool thanks

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

NBC is actually an abbreviation for Nazi Broadcasting Channel

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Gutless coward media feel a suicidal need to appear even-handed about literally everything.

Gutless coward media prefer bite-sized facile "debate" within a very narrow spectrum compared to the actual complexity of American society. "Nazis: should they be allowed to speak?"

Gutless coward media fear losing the good will of the trump administration enough that they take any excuse to avoid reporting on the demonstrations.

Weak-minded idiot media can't figure out how to compete and settle on the tv equivalent of clickbait to attract attention.

Capitalist vampire media can only conceptualize racism in terms of a literal boogeyman calling for pogroms because its bottom line depends on white supremacy remaining intact.

Idiot reporter confuses carnival sideshow for actual news.

After the beating made it onto tape, the network likely loved it because it allows them to demonize anarchists as "just as bad" and "going too far" so that gutless "fair-minded" liberalism can appear wise and correct, sagely tolerating the barbarians as they walk out into broad daylight to start burning the world down. But that's separate from why that scum reporter was giving the nazi attention in the first place.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I take it back,NPH is a great Count Olaf.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

weekly font posted:

Imagine being the guy who was mid unironic sentence about the origins of Pepe when you got punched in the face and cried and the whole Internet laughed at you.

Best part: said nazi has since expressed genuine terror at the idea of going out to speak only to get punched again, adding an additional data point proving that violent protest actually works

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Best part: said nazi has since expressed genuine terror at the idea of going out to speak only to get punched again, adding an additional data point proving that violent protest actually works

I'm having a problematic inner monologue about wishing the same on Milo.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's a film festival and people all around are also visibly attending the same festival(I had my credentials on) and likely seeing the same movies and even if not you are talking loudly in public about the ending of an unreleased movie so it just all feels at best a little thoughtless.

Anyways, I'm just on edge today because later we're probably gonna have to drive through a mountain blizzard.

I too am disappointed in this group of people.
They should've given you a fuckin' swirly.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm gritting my teeth rooting for a southern team but lol watching Aaron Rodgers' dreams ground into the dirt before my eyes is all worth it.

Well both teams have prominent 'Bama men (Julio Jones vs Ha Ha Clinton-Dix), so

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

weekly font posted:

Nah he's not a nazi, no punching.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Any time a CineD regular calls another CineD regular a nerd, all I can think of is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

weekly font posted:

Don't be conflicted, the only problem with the attack on Spencer is that that hero and patriot could only get one hit in.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Skwirl posted:

Don't be conflicted, the only problem with the attack on Spencer is that that hero and patriot could only get one hit in.

Actually he decked him again after filming ended.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

married but discreet posted:

I was almost certain he was but it could have been a dose of that alt-right irony he's so fond of

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Actually he decked him again after filming ended.

This story gets better and better.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
One of the great things about the playoffs is really how the play is so constrained because basically every good player is going to be fighting through injuries or not playing at all. Like at a certain point it just becomes about which team can endure crippling injuries the most to make it to the final and then the Superbowl is always a mediocre game between two banged-up teams. This is why actual football fans rarely give a care about the superbowl (also if you're a football enthusiast you probably like one of the teams that never makes it)

Good for Atlanta's fanbase tho I guess :unsmith:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Any time a CineD regular calls another CineD regular a nerd, all I can think of is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

God you're a dork

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Now that wasn't very civilized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzhPzHhnFl0

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

people who are really militant and angry about "SPOILERS ARE TOTALLY FINE" are a million times nerdier than people who care, which is pretty much the default state for most of the population

and i say this as someone who stopped caring about spoilers ages ago

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

and if you cite that study about people enjoying a thing more when they correctly anticipate what will happen you're basically swirly-ing yourself, no assistance needed

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

and if you cite that study about people enjoying a thing more when they correctly anticipate what will happen you're basically swirly-ing yourself, no assistance needed

Goon whines about a group of friends speaking in public, another goon owns self by missing the point.
A good thread.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that anyone who wants a white ethno-state on the north american continent deserves to get decked at least once a day, forever.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I just got bullied by a middle aged man into buying fake yeezys. I feel like I should write something on them to express my hatred of Trump and my dislike of Kanye.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

One of the great things about the playoffs is really how the play is so constrained because basically every good player is going to be fighting through injuries or not playing at all. Like at a certain point it just becomes about which team can endure crippling injuries the most to make it to the final and then the Superbowl is always a mediocre game between two banged-up teams. This is why actual football fans rarely give a care about the superbowl (also if you're a football enthusiast you probably like one of the teams that never makes it)
Hmm I'd argue it's been the opposite for half the games played this century

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well, maybe they were literally screaming about it like nerds do sometimes when they get upset. They rant and rave without any care of who is around them.

I can believe it was a rude exchange.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

wyoming posted:

Goon whines about a group of friends speaking in public, another goon owns self by missing the point.
A good thread.

It's not "missing the point" if we're talking about "loudly discussing something in public" either way, you doofus.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Uh, what, yes the gently caress he is

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Coaaab posted:

Hmm I'd argue it's been the opposite for half the games played this century

You do get some superbowls that are amazing like Eagles/Patriots, Giants/Patriots or Seahawks/Patriots, but more often you get superbowls without the Patriots :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
me @ this thread

• Locked thread