Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
you don't have to irrigate if you have a soil or clay layer, you can always make farm plots on that ground type. And once you break into the caves any underground soil layer you have will start growing moss and fungus and tower caps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I wish to be dorfed in this new expedition
I hope I am strong

a cyberpunk goose

hi BYOB outsider here I just really likeDF just happy to be here and also would just be happy to see my name in that wave of migrants

also don't quarantine or new super army of were deer people, we're deer we're here and we're queer

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Captain Billy Pissboy

by Nyc_Tattoo
seconding quarantining the injured but they might turn very quickly. it would probably be a good idea to get the military going asap

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
am I were deer feed :[

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

vanisher

I think at least three of the still living militia (maybe more) were exposed to the weredeer, more to the human version. We lost about 6, including my namesake dwarf! I'm just so conditioned to making farm plots I didn't even check the soil type, i'll get that done this afternoon.

Glad this is still alive!

death sext posted:

I am teaching my baby how to be a good dwarf just like her mom. baby this is how you kill a weredeer. I hope you're taking notes.

will you rename our thread something snappy?

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

death sext

I'm not terribly creative so feel free to throw out some suggestions.

BYOB Dwarf Fortress - Baby this is how you kill a weredeer (Year 7)

vanisher

Weredeer Counseling Center?

We can take the (year 7) thing off

death sext

haha I like that one. I'll go with that, and if you end up wanting something else I'll change it

vanisher

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

am I were deer feed :[

You survived! Also you are the expedition leader. Also somehow Darkman Fanpage survived, he was in the thick of it during the Weredeer fight, so keep your eyes on him for changes... no one is safe.

The dead include:

4 unnamed dwarves including a migrant doctor (h*ck it all)

Toot boot
drilldo squirt
Godspeed John Glen
vanisher
joke_explainer
getright downlo

10 in all.

I've added the following folks to the game:

Arkanomen
Subjunctive
Zyla
muchables
Fish and Chimps
a cyberpunk goose
TOOT BOOT II
drilldo squirt II
GODSPEED JOHN GLEN II
vanisher II
joke_explainer II
getright downlo II

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
if i was bit, i volunteer myself to be sealed in a room with a table and chair so that i can bookkeep for the fortress... forever. please include a trapdoor over my cell so as to drop in a keg now and then. :iit:

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

vanisher

I am going to construct a massive public works project

more details coming soon

Captain Billy Pissboy

by Nyc_Tattoo

vanisher posted:

I am going to construct a massive public works project

more details coming soon

were creature fighting pits? mass swimming training system? world flooding defense system?

vanisher

:siren::siren: the whole fort is turning into weredeer :siren::siren:

Subjunctive, Piso Mojado, and Darkman Fanpage have turned into weredeer and are loose in the middle of our fort. They are described as "scrawny" weredeer, hopefully we can just wipe them out and be done with it. Enlisting the militia again.

Two of our three weredeer (subjunctive and piso mojado) are injured in the hospital and are motionless. They turned on their injured comrade (Pool is Closed) in the hospital immediately and ripped him apart. We will be walling off that area shortly.

The third weredeer, Darkman Fanpage, is our militia captain and is right in the middle of the room area.

So... I can't assign new people to the squad since our militia captain has become unfit to lead (aka: converted into a weredeer). For some reason I can't assign a new militia captain (need 'someone able to appoint to this position') one sec looking into the issue. Weredeer are just chilling in the fort atm. Luckily they aren't as crazy fast and strong as the original weredeer so only Pool is Closed has died.

vanisher fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 22, 2017

vanisher

I found the issue... the expedition leader died.

Ralp has just assumed command.

We are walling off two of the weredeer in the hospital and shutting that down. I had planned on opening a larger hospital area next door anyway.

Darkman Fanpage has converted back into a dwarf... how do I seal him off? I could make him a miner and have him work on a project then have a dwarf wall him in, or I could have the military destroy him..

vanisher fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 22, 2017

vanisher

Our military lacks the discipline necessary to destroy a fellow dwarf... this will require a clever trap to destroy Darkman Fanpage for the good of the fort.

So... side-story... Drilldo Squirt died fighting the weredeer and her baby was cast from her arms as she did so. The weredeer didn't destroy the baby. Now, there is a small baby crawling around our fort with nothing to do. I will name it "The Lost Child of DS" and we will follow-up with this poor thing as it grows up. I don't think it needs food or water, it just crawls around the fort randomly.

vanisher fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 22, 2017

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

vanisher posted:

Two of our three weredeer (subjunctive and piso mojado) are injured in the hospital and are motionless. They turned on their injured comrade (Pool is Closed) in the hospital immediately and ripped him apart. We will be walling off that area shortly.

my bad

vanisher

It's all good you were a weredeer. Sorry about walling you off to starve to death.

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
How did my Dorf respond to the Night of a Million Antlers? Knowing my luck i'm probably hoof-meal.

vanisher

Darkman Fanpage... we have a special job we can only trust to you...

DF: "wh... what job?"

Oh it's so important we can only have someone with your skills do it. There is a room we need you to carve out, it will be a very special place dedicated to the lost troop of the weredeer attack. Since you were the militia captain of the troop we thought you the best person to take this task.

DF: "I've never mined anything before though"

It will be okay, better get started! The work awaits!

DF: "If... if you think that's best!"

Darkman Fanpage slowly chips away stone flakes with unfamiliar hands to the pickaxe. The work is slow going, but he manages. Soon a small room is made. As he gains familiarity with mining the work goes a bit faster. He sings a tune to himself as he works away.

DF: "I can see why some would find pleasure in this work."

He takes a short break leaning against a wall. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of the wall you were working on in this dark! He gets up to reorient himself with the entrance to begin his work. He turns, and the entrance has vanished. Solid stone encircles him. How is this possible? He frantically feels the walls looking for a door or any hint of a crack, but his fingers grope across a smooth stone surface.

His screams haunt the fort to this day

vanisher fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 22, 2017

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
at least we dont have any draculas (yet)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Darkman Fanpage
you fucker youve doomed me

TheHoosier

The fuck, Graham?!

if only we could cage some for the colosseum

vanisher

walling them off was the best plan, they are converting back into weredeer

A human caravan arrived. Started to get set up, then looked around, did a grandpa simpson, and left immediately. Come on guys, you've never seen dwarven bodies scattered across the hillside before?

vanisher

Arkanomen posted:

How did my Dorf respond to the Night of a Million Antlers? Knowing my luck i'm probably hoof-meal.

you are a new arrival and only know of the weredeer attack through stories from the others. We don't talk about the lost troop of the weredeer anymore, it's forbidden

(muffled screaming and hooves beating against stone walls echoes through the fort)

So it looks like when they convert into weredeer they lose all hunger and thirst (like being fed) then they convert back and are good to go...

So I think they are perpetually locked in their tombs.

I think the injured dwarves will likely die of infection, at least there is that. But Darkman Fanpage is uninjured, which means he will always be locked in his walled off cell.

vanisher fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 22, 2017

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

vanisher posted:

Our military lacks the discipline necessary to destroy a fellow dwarf... this will require a clever trap to destroy Darkman Fanpage for the good of the fort.

So... side-story... Drilldo Squirt died fighting the weredeer and her baby was cast from her arms as she did so. The weredeer didn't destroy the baby. Now, there is a small baby crawling around our fort with nothing to do. I will name it "The Lost Child of DS" and we will follow-up with this poor thing as it grows up. I don't think it needs food or water, it just crawls around the fort randomly.

My child will grow up to be powerful and appreciated.

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Name it Drilldo Squirt, child of Drilldo squirt.

----------------

vanisher

drilldo squirt posted:

Name it Drilldo Squirt, child of Drilldo squirt.

I can do this thing

vanisher fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 22, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAZYqXwW5lA

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
darkman fanpage: for the love of god, vanisher!

vanisher

Subjunctive bit the transformed piso mojado weredeer, and piso bled out. Now subjunctive is alone in the room with the two bodies.

Darkman Fanpage carved himself out some rooms, and he's made a mason's workshop to busy himself with his eternal life. He's begun smoothing his tomb, and will engrave some pictures soon for us to view.

Nosfereefer

joke_explainer

This is amazing. Haven't been so entertained by syndromes since the queen of my civ moved into one fort and was literally titled 'Vampire Queen', just out and proud about her vampirism. Quietly walked off the throne room and royal chambers and she was perfectly content to stay awake forever and never interact with anyone again.

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

I'm lonely and afraid

problematic hug

at least the wine is good. signing up for dwarf duty

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

vanisher posted:

I can do this thing

"Is my mom decaying again? This is loving bullshit." -young drilldo squirt

vanisher

lol

So Darkman Fanpage has dug out some rooms...

I felt bad so I made a bed in the room so he could sleep somewhere

He destroyed his masons workshop when he converted back into a weredeer. Subjunctive is traumatized after Piso Mojado died in front of him and won't do any of the work I've laid out for him to occupy his eternal existence.

Godspeed John Glen is haunting us atm

vanisher

It's autumn and everything is frozen over. LUCKILY I have some water channels dug out, and soon I'll have some wells up and running. It looks like the water in the channels doesn't freeze like the rest of the water, which is good because we'd be in trouble pretty quick.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

vanisher posted:

Godspeed John Glen is haunting us atm

as usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

So... okay the water situation was a little more serious than I thought. I dug a quick channel into the stored water and every single dwarf came running to get a drink. Godspeed John Glen is now haunting the water source like a jerk

He's the white N

I'm working on making him a memorial slab to placate his shade

• Locked thread