Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

hepcat posted:

Thanks, I'm going to wait for 3rd. That will also lessen the time I'll have to wait between CS2 & 3.

and during that time the Zero patch is likely to drop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Zero's patch dropping would make 2017 the best year since 2015.

I mean, two Trails games in the same year?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

Zero's patch dropping would make 2017 the best year since 2015.

I mean, two Trails games in the same year?

Two trails game, ys origin on consoles, tokyo xanadu, and this is without mentioning the fuckin slew of excellent looking games from other devs in the pipeline for this year.(yakuza 0, grav rush 2, new mario new zelda, nier 2, just to name a few) would make this basically the best year since 98.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I managed to forget about Tokyo Xanadu.

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."

Zaggitz posted:

and during that time the Zero patch is likely to drop!

Would the patch just be for PC or PSP as well? Or something else?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The patch was initially for the psp version i believe but Gu4n(new project lead) said it should be easy to apply to most versions provided you have homebrewed psp or vitas.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I think Zero's patch is going to be for PSP/PC/Vita. They've gotten Vita voices into the PC version too as a proof of concept.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

apparently the pc version just accepts the psp ver's script files no problem

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, it was being developed and tested for PSP but the PC version uses the exact same data files so it just sort of works. The only extra work that would need to go into the PC version would be finding and re-doing a few image files.

I don't recall them saying anything about the evo version. They've managed to figure out how to add the evo voice files into the PSP version--I believe somebody else, probably from china or japan, had already figured out how to add them to the PC version--but haven't said anything about the data files being the same as far as just plugging the current translation work in goes.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"I wish I could get her to cozy up to me like that..."

Woah, Rean! I mean, good luck, but maybe you should have some dinner together first.

"Maybe if I gave her some milk."

What? ...Oh, right, the cat.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Terper posted:

"I wish I could get her to cozy up to me like that..."

Woah, Rean! I mean, good luck, but maybe you should have some dinner together first.

"Maybe if I gave her some milk."

What? ...Oh, right, the cat.

:allears:

Did you do the Emma Bonding Event before the Midterms?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I did, so I guess that did already happen.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

1) I'm glad I finally got the chance to mend Alan's and Bridget's relationship. Don't gently caress this up now, man.

2) I'm not sure if I should laugh at or feel weird about Neithardt's weird sexism, so I'll just do both

3) :ssj:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The little mini arcs for all the npc students keep into the sequel and its one of my favorite parts of the cold steel games.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I threw my hands in the air and shouted with glee (but quietly so as to not disturb the neighbors) when we met 'him'.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I love that he tries to play his Sky facade one last time before properly introducing himself.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CS2's intermission still rules

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If Towa had been harmed then no force on this planet would have stopped me from tearing those terrorists to pieces

Anyhoo I have :speculate: now after Garrelia Fortress and I'm like 90% sure of them but we'll see. Crow is C. Vita Clotilde/Misty is the true mastermind behind the ILF.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I figure it's probably quicker to just ask here rather than the before I play thread, but is there anything worth knowing ahead of time before I dive into Xanadu Next?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nate RFB posted:

I figure it's probably quicker to just ask here rather than the before I play thread, but is there anything worth knowing ahead of time before I dive into Xanadu Next?

buy the carving knife from the lady in the dungeon as soon as you're presented the option. it lets you carve free keys out of monster bones, and keys get more expensive as you buy them

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I've been playing through The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC on steam and I sort of marathoned it and am feeling a bit burnt out on it(I am not quite finished the game). Does Loh: Trails in the Sky SC do much different, or is it just a continuation of the story?

I also noticed The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is on PSNow. Looks much more modern, but how does it stack up to Trails in the Sky? Should I finish SC before I start on it?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You can buy five keys for like 100 gold and then sell him 1 bone to keep the price down. I only used the knife to free up inventory when I had too many bones

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Tsyni posted:

I've been playing through The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC on steam and I sort of marathoned it and am feeling a bit burnt out on it(I am not quite finished the game). Does Loh: Trails in the Sky SC do much different, or is it just a continuation of the story?

I also noticed The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is on PSNow. Looks much more modern, but how does it stack up to Trails in the Sky? Should I finish SC before I start on it?

SC is a continuation of the story since FC and SC were originally intended to be one game.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Fetus posted:

SC is a continuation of the story since FC and SC were originally intended to be one game.

Ok, I feel you, but is the gameplay exactly the same?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Tsyni posted:

Ok, I feel you, but is the gameplay exactly the same?

Pretty much

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's the same mechanically except for a couple small things but it's harder, the balance is reconfigured and you start with all your crafts from FC already unlocked so it ends up being a fair bit more interesting. That said I'd just take a break between FC and SC, I think a lot of what SC does lands better with a gap between them.

e: Cold Steel is much more modern in terms of quality of life features. I don't think they're as good as Sky outside of mostly improved combat and QoL features, but they're still great games. I don't really recommend going straight from FC to Cold Steel though. Starting with CS works but going from FC to CS places you in a weird, less then ideal place as far as what you know and don't know about the setting.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 23, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
SC is also like almost twice as long as FC so if you're getting burnt out now at the end of FC that might be a bit much.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Great, thanks guys!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SC does have much better story pacing, since the places & characters are mostly already established.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

actually I wouldn't be surprised if SC had like a 50% sale or a price cut in the lead up to 3rd so that might be something to wait for.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Really Pants posted:

SC does have much better story pacing, since the places & characters are mostly already established.

I don't know man they spend like 30 hours introducing you to the bad guys one at a time

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

lets hang out posted:

I don't know man they spend like 30 hours introducing you to the bad guys one at a time

Yeah but the bad guys are all part of one specific group that you know of fairly quickly in SC and that helps with the pacing. It's not really until mid Chapter 3 of FC before you even know who the antagonists are and that's about 30 hours in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

yeah but you're actually foiling their plans as they're introduced, as opposed to wandering arounda nd occasionally bumbling into the antagonists

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

yeah but you're actually foiling their plans as they're introduced

Well...actually making the attempt, at least.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

even if the main plot thrust of the experiments arc is technically just introducing the antagonists, i think thats underselling it because there's enough moving pieces, character beats and compelling episodic arcs that it never felt like it was moving slowly except maybe chapter 2. Like chapter 5 is the best chapter in the game along with 6, and I really like 1 and 4 as well.

e: also bumbling around and only occasionally bumping into the antagonists is why FC rules

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 23, 2017

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Well...actually making the attempt, at least.

I mean you don't beat any of them but you still stop them from doing any real damage

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Actually you show up and they go "well I was done anyway, here's a boss fight, see you later" like every time.

Then you repeat the process later with a dungeon in between each of them, then again at the end of the game.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 23, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I just got done with Chapter 6 in CS1, would someone please be so kind as to link to whatever website had the events of what happened afterwards, thank you

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Terper posted:

I just got done with Chapter 6 in CS1, would someone please be so kind as to link to whatever website had the events of what happened afterwards, thank you

The drama CD with that event is here. Just be sure not to stray from that site page at all until you're done with CS1 since it basically spoils the rest of that game. Or just wait until you're done with CS1 to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wait until you're done, just to avoid any other spoilers.