Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Chilichimp posted:

I'm running him with Shore in arena right now, and it's such a loving buzz kill for high damage teams.

I run rg in my rebel team with sthan, pop han's taunt early and kill the other team's turn meters and by the time they've recovered from it you've wrecked most of them. Then rg's taunt keeps you safe the rest of the match.

I beat teams I shouldn't be able to touch and it's wonderful. I'm level 81 killing 85 teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Starting to build my jedi team from scratch besides QGJ. Thinking of starting with jka then IGD. What other two jedi should I use?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Aadoniel posted:

Starting to build my jedi team from scratch besides QGJ. Thinking of starting with jka then IGD. What other two jedi should I use?

Barriss and Lumi

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ayala is also quite good.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

THE SHIPS ARE SO loving BORING

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

THE SHIPS ARE SO loving BORING

Yup.

But you've gotta grind them up until you can at least 3* the mission to earn Zeta materials.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Barris and lumi seem like a good pair for raids, but ayala's main advantage is countering. Wouldn't an IGD lead kind of neutralize that?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Aadoniel posted:

Barris and lumi seem like a good pair for raids, but ayala's main advantage is countering. Wouldn't an IGD lead kind of neutralize that?

IGD's counter chance stacks with hers, so she counters 100% of the time rather than 66%.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Is Kit Fisto an okay alternative to Aayla until I can get her sharded up or am I wasting my time?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Burning_Monk posted:

Is Kit Fisto an okay alternative to Aayla until I can get her sharded up or am I wasting my time?

Kit Fisto is bad,

edit: he's less bad in an IGD led team I guess

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I want to take a moment to thank this thread for the constant supply of good advice you guys have provided. I'm about to hit 80 and I couldn't be happier with where I am in the game. I maxed out a rebel squad just in time to get EP, got a fun as hell EP-led team about to take over for my rebels in arena where I'm hovering around 50th, and just today 3*ed the crit chance mod challenge such that I have CC, health, and potency to choose from for 5* mod farming. I have 3 reg raid teams and 2 heroic raid teams that, while not optimized for the job, are at least letting me outperform my level (and I've got Teebo & EE coming along shortly).

I really appreciate the effort you guys put into posting your thoughts & analysis. This game has a steep learning curve but I feel like I tackled it nearly optimally with your help. :haw:

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Yes this thread and guilds are the gifts that keep on giving.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Goons make all games better

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Something I found in the subreddit for this game I'd not seen mentioned in this thread is this particular table of recommended mods for every character currently in the game.

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/

For many of the more niche or rare characters I can't comment to it's accuracy but it's an impressive body of work, some of the choices I personally disagree with, but there's no denying I've never seen such a comprehensive list of mods for characters anywhere else.

SPEED ARROWS, SPEED ARROWS EVERYWHERE.

Another good, or well temporarily good resource that I myself use is http://lordskunk.com/
It has guides and suggested teams for both raids, and ships guides. I've never once looked at the ship guides, but their raid guides are usually spot on, the only downside being they seem to forget to update the guides when new characters come out or rather since teamskunk are quite a big presence in the game, withhold the up to date version on purpose (The tank takedown raid is written pre-normal nerf, I think). I don't know how they measure up to Malgrin's Team Instinct, but I know I've seen teamskunk teams on the guild leaderboards we all see multiple days of the week for a long time.

I can't comment as to the quality of their videos, but that's more because I tried the first video in their list and immediately closed it when I heard their commentator's voice.

Oh they do a semi regular podcast about the game too I think.

And if you've not added yourself to http://swgoh.gg , why the hell not!? This site has helped me immeasurably with forward planning when it comes to getting characters to G10/G11, everyone should be using it, you'd be utterly crazy not to. (Unless you think, psychic spys from china are going to steal your perfect pvp team comp that maybe 1000 other people use I guess, but even then, that's what the"unlisted setting is for)https://swgoh.gg/u/rocketmagnet/collection/

There's been a lot of moaning in their subreddit and official forums recently about how colossal the gear grind is, now I've always been able to see this but I guess enough people are starting to see it now too. I understand, it's a good limiting factor but seriously, when you've managed to gear up nearly a dozen characters to G8 before you've even managed to put together a single stun cuff you realize CG have maybe gone a bit too far with the anemic drop rate on certain purples, creating some major singular bottlenecks.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 23, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
New moment in wtf were they thinking: 69 is censored.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Malgrin posted:

New moment in wtf were they thinking: 69 is censored.

Slave, assassin, snigger, nightclubs, arsenal.

gently caress it you get the idea, their word profanity filter is unbelievably lazy.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I like that they have the Slave 1 in the game and slave is censored, makes me chuckle.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

rocket_Magnet posted:

Slave, assassin, snigger, nightclubs, arsenal.

gently caress it you get the idea, their word profanity filter is unbelievably lazy.

Scunthorpe and accumulate as well. The first one is obvious but the second took me a minute to realise why because it's that innocuous.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

Scunthorpe and accumulate as well. The first one is obvious but the second took me a minute to realise why because it's that innocuous.

Don't forget assist.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Field Mousepad posted:

I like that they have the Slave 1 in the game and slave is censored, makes me chuckle.

Not anymore. Slave 1 and Assist are now OK.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just read that Poe's mother was an A-Wing ace and now I really want them to add her to the game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I just read that Poe's mother was an A-Wing ace and now I really want them to add her to the game.

B-wings and TIE Interceptors are the best fighters in this universe, and it's a crime that neither of them made it into the game.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
So...Darth Sidious might be making a comeback with Zader. Demoralizing Blows: Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and inflict DOT for 2 turns. Additional 2 DOTs on critical hit. Sadistic Glee (Zeta): Darth Sidious recovers 20% of his Max Health and gains 50% TM whenever any unit is defeated. In addition, he has +35% evasion against Jedi attacks, +50% Potency, and gains Max Health equal to his Potency Percentage.

Just to recap, Vader Zeta: Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense and have a 50% chance to remove 20% TM when they damage an enemy. Can't be resisted. While DV alive, enemies immediately regain DOTs for 2 turns whenever it expires.

Darth Maul: Power of Hatred (Omega): Darth Maul gains 20% Max Health, gains Max Health equal to 10% of the damage he deals, and Potency equal to .3% of his Max Health. Whenever an enemy is defeated, DM gains bonuses: 1st 25% CC, 2nd 25% Evasion, 3rd 25% Max HP recovery on hitting.

Boba is the smartest 4th here (especially if you can Zeta him), and offensively, I think TFP would be a fantastic choice (can get him past 275 speed, 50% chance to remove 20% TM aoe ability). Defensively, RG or Shore is going to be the better choice. EP is always a good consideration too (and with Vader Zeta, chance to remove TM from his end-turn damage).

The other reason working towards the above is smart is we don't know exactly how Death Trooper and Krennic are going to work, but they're going to fit into this comp in some manner. Maybe don't throw Zetas at anyone until we know what the best 5 of these are going to be.

e: Why do they bother posting a strategy after a hero has been out for months?
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/88654/character-strategy-jyn-erso

Especially when it's a hero that if you don't have right now, you have no way to get, for now.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 24, 2017

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I'm getting to the point where I'm reasonably happy with my Rebel team and looking at my options for another squad to focus for the next couple months. I've really liked the idea of a fully resistance team for a long time and Poe + Trooper was a staple for me back when the level cap was still 70. the new Finn rework + Zeta and getting Finn shards this month is making me wanna get them up, but I wonder if that's just gonna be the next flavor of the month team and not really pan out over the long term.

a secondary goal i've been working on for a long time is Droids and i've got 86, 88, and 47 all near 7* g9 and 80+, but i've only *just* unlocked jawa engineer and have almost no shards for B2 currently, which makes me thing it'll be a while till a full team is properly usable.

my Dark horse pick is First Order, as Phasma has been my favorite character in the game since she was released and has always been near the top of all of my characters. I feel like especially as we get closer to EP9 we'll see some reworks to make the first order team more viable as we get ready to get new characters added to the game. the main downside is that I have nothing farmed for Kylo Ren, and until some reworks happen FOTP, Trooper, and Officer are all kind of awful.

And of course, farming gear for any of these teams is gonna take pretty much the whole year.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Do you have the 3rd tier speed mod challenge completed? Because that seems like a pretty good reason to keep going with your first choice.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

fishtobaskets posted:

Do you have the 3rd tier speed mod challenge completed? Because that seems like a pretty good reason to keep going with your first choice.

that's a pretty good point. I just keep imagining mod challenges as some mystical far off goal i'll never be able to have energy for while they keep adding important characters to cantina.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pyronic posted:

that's a pretty good point. I just keep imagining mod challenges as some mystical far off goal i'll never be able to have energy for while they keep adding important characters to cantina.

To elaborate a bit, if your situation were more neutral, e.g. if you only had a rebel team finished, I think the recommendation would be different. But the fact that you've already got a decent foundation for a resistance squad makes me think nabbing that speed mod unlock is a good choice. To compare your situation to mine, I worked on rebels, then empire (because i unlocked 7* EP) and scoundrels (credit heist/smuggling/crit chance mods), but my next choice will be resistance because 5* speed mods seem hugely important to the end game arena meta.

Damienz
Sep 4, 2012

Was a bit tough to get back into the game after 9 months absence when your top characters are Luke & Poe...

Been slowly getting my Rebel team up to pair but my arena shard is hellish atm. Have a hard time breaking into sub-800 but I guess things will change once I've reached max level and I'm all modded up.
I guess my main goal now (besides levelling up) is to get a quality scoundrel team followed by Jawa for the mod challenges.

Is it viable to switch Wedge into a Rebel team as early as at 4-stars?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Damienz posted:

Is it viable to switch Wedge into a Rebel team as early as at 4-stars?

If he's geared up (for survivability) and Biggs is 7*, yes. Probably half of his value lies in turning Biggs into a beast, and he can do that without stars.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
I see that shoretrooper shards are available in the shop now, I have 45/50 from the tournaments is he worth getting at 3 stars?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Should we perhaps try heroic tank again or is it too early still? The rewards from normal are poo :(

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

Should we perhaps try heroic tank again or is it too early still? The rewards from normal are poo :(

This keeps getting brought up in guild chat and our problem is that we have a core of 20-25 heroic ready and capable players and then the other half either isn't raid capable or just never participates.

We probably could manage it with the 25 heavy lifters if we could guarantee everyone in the guild would participate but last time we tried we got 31 particiants in 48 hours.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DotyManX posted:

I see that shoretrooper shards are available in the shop now, I have 45/50 from the tournaments is he worth getting at 3 stars?

Abso-fuckin'-lootley.

Even at 3* GX with the right mods he's at 60k+ EHP. If he lives long enough to do it, he throws crit immunity on your squad, which just loving ruins lando teams' day.

I run mine with RG, and they are a wall of meat. Even if you kill him, you've now gotta kill RG.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

If I'm newer should I even bother spending shards on shore

Probably not

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Any of the goon guilds open? Username TARDISman85

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
You need to post your friend code so we can friend you to invite.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

If I'm newer should I even bother spending shards on shore

Probably not

No, don't.

You'll have to spend something like 5k shards buying them 3 at a time in the store, and that's retarded.

I'm confident he'll be added to a farm spot somewhere soon. That dude only need 5 shards, got the rest for free from tourneys, and 600ish crystals is just fine.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

General Probe posted:

You need to post your friend code so we can friend you to invite.

Oh my bad. Sp0i10cfRKSjaT9vHMRjgg

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

TARDISman posted:

Oh my bad. Sp0i10cfRKSjaT9vHMRjgg

your ally code not the profile thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Yeah post your social security num.... i mean your ally code. Its 9 numbers long.